Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on May 10, 2017, 06:48:00 am
Whats really amazing was the fact that none of that steel was there this time last week...I don't think

I haven't been up in a while, but I thought they were using an old motels lot as a staging area. Needless to say, the steel was sitting somewhere, ready to be shipped.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: sowmonella on May 08, 2017, 03:13:46 pm
Hey...move your fingers!!
I thought that was underboob.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 09, 2017, 05:55:03 pm
I'll be up there for spring graduation Friday night.  I may just have to sneak down there to make sure Darrell Royal's floating fulminating spectral head isn't designing tunnels under the construction.

Tom Penders has been spotted wondering around the construction site deep into the night

yes, dressed in a women's gymnastics uni

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 02, 2017, 04:13:10 pm
That stretch of I-40 will NEVER be finished.

I agree.  Money pit. 

goodguytex

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: goodguytex on May 11, 2017, 11:03:52 am
Just in a days time they've gotten a lot done.

Whoa they sure are working like crazy on this thing. Completion is for 2018 season right? Seems like at this pace they could almost make 2017 lol.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on May 11, 2017, 12:20:28 pm
Whoa they sure are working like crazy on this thing. Completion is for 2018 season right? Seems like at this pace they could almost make 2017 lol.

Will work stop once the season starts, or will they continue to work?

Supermark101

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on May 11, 2017, 12:21:59 pm
Will work stop once the season starts, or will they continue to work?

It's just a guess but it wouldn't surprise me if the structure is done before the season and they work on the interior during the season.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Supermark101 on May 11, 2017, 12:31:34 pm
It's just a guess but it wouldn't surprise me if the structure is done before the season and they work on the interior during the season.
Im not sure, but im guessing they work on the lower half of the structure this summer and the upper half next summer

Tai_Mai_Shu

Amazing! I didn't think they would finish it in time for the first game but at the pace they're going they could be finish sooner.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

The most important renovation/expansion/construction that needs to be completed is Stadium Drive.

They've had the section of what used to be S Virginia Ave. closed for a while now.  They are putting in another round-a-bout and are building new student living in that area as well.

It will be interesting to see if they have the road open by season.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

razorbackfan86

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Looks like a few people are down on the field. Are they boosters perhaps?

factchecker

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on May 12, 2017, 01:22:55 pm
Looks like a few people are down on the field. Are they boosters perhaps?

Grads (future boosters):  They started doing this about 2 years ago.

https://twitter.com/ElvisMoyaUA/status/862780103197171713
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FANONTHEHILL

Players have been told that the game day locker room should be ready for the TCU game on September 9th.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

ricepig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on May 12, 2017, 04:23:49 pm
Players have been told that the game day locker room should be ready for the TCU game on September 9th.

Can't be correct, Clay Henry said it couldn't be, lol.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: ricepig on May 12, 2017, 04:36:53 pm
Can't be correct, Clay Henry said it couldn't be, lol.

If the game day locker room is not finished, only 35,000 fans will be allowed for the TCU game

too much risk

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Stephen Greene on May 14, 2017, 08:00:11 pm
If the game day locker room is not finished, only 35,000 fans will be allowed for the TCU game

too much risk

That's BS with a capital B.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on May 12, 2017, 04:23:49 pm
Yeah I said the same a few weeks ago and someone tried to rip me a new one....even though my info came from one of the players  ::)

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

You can actually see a significant amount of change from the outside now. It also gives a better idea of how it will look when complete

LZH

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on May 15, 2017, 08:48:44 am
You can actually see a significant amount of change from the outside now. It also gives a better idea of how it will look when complete

Look at the counterweights on that crane..... I miss being around commercial construction sites.

rljjr

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

theFlyingHog

I can't wait to be in the stadium on game day with it all finished. Anyone know how they will run the two video boards? I'm guessing they will be synced so we can get the full Petit Jean Meats experience

ricepig

Quote from: theFlyingHog on May 18, 2017, 09:25:32 pm
I can't wait to be in the stadium on game day with it all finished. Anyone know how they will run the two video boards? I'm guessing they will be synced so we can get the full Petit Jean Meats experience

Hopefully they will do separate commercials on each board, get them over quicker.

riccoar

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ricepig on May 19, 2017, 06:48:37 am
Hopefully they will do separate commercials on each board, get them over quicker.
It's been way too long since I've made it up for a game; are they still running commercials during short breaks in the action? Used to drive me nuts, 3rd n 6 on the 18, timeout, PETIT JEAN MEEEAAATTTSSSSS

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Unfortunately yes. If I hear that jack links sasquatch commercial 1 more time I swear...

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Update 5-22. Theyre already working on the next level .This thing is gonna be huge

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on May 22, 2017, 08:43:58 am
Update 5-22. Theyre already working on the next level .This thing is gonna be huge
I think you misspelled yuge  :P

ricepig

Quote from: theFlyingHog on May 22, 2017, 11:12:19 am
I think you misspelled yuge  :P

Just glad my suite is in the middle, those on the NW corner look like the steel is rusted........ 8)

hobhog

Everything still in schedule? Completion date?

ricepig

Quote from: hobhog on May 22, 2017, 11:17:11 am
Everything still in schedule? Completion date?

Summer of 2018.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on May 22, 2017, 11:15:29 am
Just glad my suite is in the middle, those on the NW corner look like the steel is rusted........ 8)

They've got that suite earmarked for Ponderin.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Bielema said this morning at a golf outing in Ft. Smith that we will not be using the NEZ this season. They haven't even finalized the design for the locker room, they plan to visit some this fall to decide what they want.

FANONTHEHILL

Very early talk was lower level shelled in for gameday locker room in 2917.  Not going to happen after all.  Will be interesting to see how pregame changes will go regarding moving or deleting the Hog Walk and entering through the "A" from the south end.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Hogwild

QuoteArkansas game days are going to be different in 2017 given the construction on-going in the north end zone at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. The home team will not be able to use its locker room during this upcoming season.
Quote"I have not heard anyone say that it will be any way usable. There have never been any plans to use it this season. It just can't be ready. We haven't even finalized plans for it. That will be done later. Some things are still being talked about. So we are still working out what amenities we want."

Bielema was joined by Scott Varady, executive director of the Razorback Foundation, in speaking with the media on Monday. Varady says that Arkansas will be using the visitor's locker room, while away teams will dress in an area that has been used by the cheerleaders.

Varady also says that recent rain in the Fayetteville area has slowed down construction on the new north end zone area.
http://gridironnow.com/bret-bielema-arkansas-cannot-use-game-day-home-locker-room-in-2017/

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on May 22, 2017, 12:47:00 pm
Bielema said this morning at a golf outing in Ft. Smith that we will not be using the NEZ this season.

That's disappointing.  Already giving up two quarters each game.  Hope we're on fire the other two..
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The_Iceman

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on May 22, 2017, 03:53:41 pm
Very early talk was lower level shelled in for gameday locker room in 2917.  Not going to happen after all.  Will be interesting to see how pregame changes will go regarding moving or deleting the Hog Walk and entering through the "A" from the south end.

If we have to hold off on some traditions for a year, it's no big deal. The end result will be well worth it. Our stadium will be top notch.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on May 22, 2017, 12:47:00 pm
Bielema said this morning at a golf outing in Ft. Smith that we will not be using the NEZ this season. They haven't even finalized the design for the locker room, they plan to visit some this fall to decide what they want.

They should just make the game day locker room a carbon copy of the one in the football center and be done with it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on May 24, 2017, 08:34:53 am
They should just make the game day locker room a carbon copy of the one in the football center and be done with it.

Why?

Shorttimer

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 24, 2017, 07:44:46 am
That's disappointing.  Already giving up two quarters each game.  Hope we're on fire the other two..
Well played.  Fictional +1 to you.