Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do people live life the same way they act on hogville?

Started by SPAL, September 26, 2016, 06:14:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

How do you guys go through life being so up and down? One minute Arkansas is poised to win the west, the next, we will be lucky to win 6 games? I just don't understand this mentality. I don't see this type of personality unless I'm on hogville or message boards.  Honestly, it's just so depressing to spend more than 5 minutes here.

Personally, I saw a lot to be encouraged by. If we win less than 8 games, I'll be shocked. But for me, life goes on. For some of you, gosh.....I would hate to go through life such as you do. Get on Prozac.....there is nothing wrong with admitting you have issues.

LSUFan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 26, 2016, 06:14:00 pm
How do you guys go through life being so up and down? One minute Arkansas is poised to win the west, the next, we will be lucky to win 6 games? I just don't understand this mentality. I don't see this type of personality unless I'm on hogville or message boards.  Honestly, it's just so depressing to spend more than 5 minutes here.

Personally, I saw a lot to be encouraged by. If we win less than 8 games, I'll be shocked. But for me, life goes on. For some of you, gosh.....I would hate to go through life such as you do. Get on Prozac.....there is nothing wrong with admitting you have issues.
This is locker room banter, brother.

A place to vent.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

ricepig

Quote from: LSUFan on September 26, 2016, 06:25:54 pm

A place to vent.

Shut up corndog.......

I'm surprised you're sober enough to type, I figured today was a national holiday in Louisiana.

Martygit

RIP OTR, REV

LSUFan

Quote from: ricepig on September 26, 2016, 06:26:47 pm
Shut up corndog.......

I'm surprised you're sober enough to type, I figured today was a national holiday in Louisiana.
Ass whooped  >:(

Oh, and F Leslie.  ;D

ALLVOL

If people lived life like they acted on websites, the murder rate would be 10000 times higher. LOl

LSUFan

HV is based in humor. Most elements of humor involve exaggeration.

Foozzball

Science Fiction Greg

For some reason, sports bring out the immature side of people.  It's pretty frustrating to watch.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

bennyl08

Another error made is that people attribute posts to the general population of hogville rather than specific posters. IMO, that leads to a lot of the bipolarness of the site. You read one person's posts that's happy and a different person the next day who's sad/angry. You attribute the post to hogville and thus people on the site are bipolar.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

goodguytex

Quote from: LSUFan on September 26, 2016, 07:17:41 pm
I'm looking forward to reading your full commentary on the whole LSU situation, and who you think is going to be your new HC, what they might be looking for.

goodguytex

I go through life as a very positive and optimistic person. I try to act that way on here too, especially about the Hogs, who I do expect great things to come for the program.

Foozzball

I think that sitting behind a computer screen with a keyboard makes people brave.  We say things and go way too far because we are not staring into other peoples faces and seeing their facial expressions and body language.  Those two things dictate how conversations go in face to interactions.  We are constantly looking for positive reinforcement when engaging socially, when you are with someone you see really quickly what the reactions are to what is said.  On here, it takes a while to people to respond and when they do, all you see is a reply on a computer screen.  We know someone just like ourselves wrote it, but somehow we dont really care and it gives us a green light to go overboard with our words and opinions.  I think most folks here are good folks in real life, but somehow computers and sports forums seem to bring out the worst in people.

DeltaBoy

Nope but many do a study by the Dallas Morning News showed worker productivity dropped 30% the Monday after a Cowboys Loss on Sunday.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BR

Quote from: LSUFan on September 26, 2016, 07:17:41 pm

Bring back REV & OTR.......
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

southarkhog06

Hoggish1

EastexHawg

I don't approach any situation with either preconceived optimism or pessimism.  Things are what they are, not what I want them to be.  I can't change what happens in endeavors in which I am not a participant through what I think or say, and I don't try to convince myself that events and situations are anything other than what I see and hear.

hawginbigd1

I can honestly say everything I have ever said on a message board I would say to most people's faces...I might soften tone depending on the audience, my elders and children, but unless I am being sarcastic, ironic, or humorous I say what I mean, and believe what I say. I am an optimist, and when I complain it is mostly not a negative, it is a desire to see a better state for the situation, and I will fully and happily admit I am way too intellectually, and emotionally involved in the outcome of a Hog game, season, or program.........but it brings me joy! Even when it isn't going the way I want it to!

Medic821

There are a few posters on here I would like to see play in traffic.  Just sayin' :D

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: LSUFan on September 26, 2016, 06:25:54 pm

A place to vent.
Don't call it locker room banter.  The staff doesn't tolerate the players acting like immature idiots. They require the players to act like adults.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

phadedhawg

LOL...I'm always down for heavy medication!!!

Monday morning after a loss, this is the place lots of faithful dump their most troubling thoughts.  It's therapeutic.  I seriously doubt any of our residents go thru life with the same mentality. 

I don't usually rain posts fire down on the administration every time we lose but I do rant to my wife until I get bored.  She grew bored with it 12 years ago...God bless that lovely woman for putting up with it.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'd rather be pissed about a football team than happy about 10 other things. 

LSUFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on September 27, 2016, 05:56:43 pm
Don't call it locker room banter.  The staff doesn't tolerate the players acting like immature idiots. They require the players to act like adults.
I was thinking more of HS, or a health club.

LSUFan