Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final in Oxford: Miss. St. 35 Ole Miss 3

Started by jbcarol, November 20, 2018, 06:33:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

November 20, 2018, 06:33:52 pm Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 11:03:22 pm by jbcarol
NE MS Daily Journal
‏@DJournalnow

This year's Egg Bowl has Joe Moorhead's full and undivided attention as he gets inaugurated into the annual rivalry game https://buff.ly/2KfEAvH

QuoteSTARKVILLE • Joe Moorhead remembers tuning into the very beginning of last year's Egg Bowl.

But it was also his son Mason's birthday, so he slipped away to Target to purchase him an Apple watch and by the time he returned the game was already in the second half.

This year's Egg Bowl has Moorhead's full and undivided attention as he gets inaugurated into the annual rivalry game between Mississippi State and Ole Miss on Thursday night.

"It's a huge game battling for the Golden Egg," Moorhead said. "I certainly understand the importance and significance of this game to our players, our program, the school, the city, the state and to our fans."

Six days after Moorhead's trip to Target and the Bulldogs' 31-28 Egg Bowl loss, the newly named MSU coach was greeted on the tarmac by thousands of fans at the George M. Bryan Airport in Starkville who quickly informed him how much that game meant to them.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

SugarHillGaHog

That little extra activity was exciting.  I would have tossed more than the ones that were tossed. 

SugarHillGaHog

It's rare when every player is given an unsportsmanlike penalty.  I kinda like it.

grayhawg

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on November 22, 2018, 09:08:00 pm
It's rare when every player is given an unsportsmanlike penalty.  I kinda like it.
Yeah that was worth the watching

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: grayhawg on November 22, 2018, 09:10:15 pm
Yeah that was worth the watching

Bonus is it's now a play that didn't happen as time expired.  Nice..

jbcarol

http://www.secsports.com/article/25351353/no-18-bulldogs-roll-egg-bowl

QuoteEgg Bowl marred by a fight that led to four ejections in the second half.

Mississippi State looked as though it would cruise to a fairly uneventful win before Ole Miss receiver A.J. Brown appeared to score a touchdown at the end of the third quarter. Players immediately started shoving, and the fight spilled into the end zone while both benches emptied onto the field.

Mississippi State's Cameron Dantzler, Jamal Peters and Willie Gay Jr. were ejected, along with Ole Miss' C.J. Moore. The referee said every player on both teams received an unsportsmanlike penalty. Gay was ejected because he already had one unsportsmanlike penalty earlier in the game.

Brown's touchdown was called back because time had expired in the third quarter before the play began. The Rebels didn't seriously threaten again.

Mississippi State first-year coach Joe Moorhead said the fight didn't take away from the win.

"I'm happy as a lark right now," he explained.

UP NEXT

Mississippi State will wait to find out its bowl destination.

Ole Miss' season is over.

jbcarol

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Article/Eggs-plaining-to-Do-Ole-Miss-Routed-By-In-State-Rival-125139065

QuoteIt was the only fight ... shown on the night the stands emptied quickly.

Luke is expected to return in 2019 ... with as many as six new assistants.