Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Garrick McGhee (UAB)

Started by linkshog, February 02, 2012, 09:04:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

linkshog

I just got done watching his press conference on his recruiting class and was really impressed.  Another thing i noticed is how much he reminds me of CBP.  The details these guys go into to vet a player is remarkable.  They not only talk to the player but they interview the high school coaches to find out how much this kid may have learned about football and how well he has been coached.  We all know its not easy to play for CBP and if a kid has been coached hard or the coach is vey knowledgable, then he has a better chance of grasping and succeeding at that school.  Makes you really appreciate the kids who know this and are willing to put in the time and hard work it takes to be part of these programs.  I'm very happy we had Coach McGhee for the time we did and wish him the best of luck.  UAB will be in good hands.  So will the U of A, for a long time.  if you have a few minutes check him out:

http://www.uabsports.com/sports/m-footbl/albr-m-footbl-body.html

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan -

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

- Ronald Reagan -

1hogfan

Thanks for posting the link.  I listened and realized how much I am going to miss Coach McGee because of who he is and his relationship with his players.

Westcoasthog

I heard a report that had Garrick McGhee stayed at Arkansas as the offensitive coordinator Dorial Green Beckham would have signed with Arkansas. 

LR Hog

Quote from: Westcoasthog on February 02, 2012, 01:16:37 pm
    I heard a report that had Garrick McGhee stayed at Arkansas as the offensitive coordinator Dorial Green Beckham would have signed with Arkansas. 

I think his dad mentioned that after the presser.
Like a boss.

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: linkshog on February 02, 2012, 09:04:25 am
I just got done watching his press conference on his recruiting class and was really impressed.  Another thing i noticed is how much he reminds me of CBP.  The details these guys go into to vet a player is remarkable.  They not only talk to the player but they interview the high school coaches to find out how much this kid may have learned about football and how well he has been coached.  We all know its not easy to play for CBP and if a kid has been coached hard or the coach is vey knowledgable, then he has a better chance of grasping and succeeding at that school.  Makes you really appreciate the kids who know this and are willing to put in the time and hard work it takes to be part of these programs.  I'm very happy we had Coach McGhee for the time we did and wish him the best of luck.  UAB will be in good hands.  So will the U of A, for a long time.  if you have a few minutes check him out:

http://www.uabsports.com/sports/m-footbl/albr-m-footbl-body.html
Well why wouldn't he be a very articulate, knowledgeable and organized HC? He was a great student of one of the best teachers in the sport.

GalaHawg

He does a great job of stroking the Alabama High School coaches egos in that video. He'll do great there!

Hawginthecovers

This man will have much success at UAB.  I hope that he enjoyed his time at UofA so much that he will embrace the idea of coming back when CBP has decided to move on.

HF#1

I really hope he can have some success there.  That is a tough place to win and the commitment of the university to football is questionable at best. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Dogtown Donkey

That was bullsheet.

That was one of their many excuses for why he didn't pick Arkansas. Horton was the coach who had the strongest relationship with the WR who picked Missouri.

Redhogs

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on February 06, 2012, 09:58:24 am
That was bullsheet.

That was one of their many excuses for why he didn't pick Arkansas. Horton was the coach who had the strongest relationship with the WR who picked Missouri.
Correct.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I heard that too. I also heard that Garrick was pivotal in stopping Coach Petrino from killing baby seals in front of the players in an attempt to toughen them up. I also heard that Garrick took all of the kids to church on Sunday's after CBP laid hands on them and attempted to fill them with the unholy ghost.. But the coolest thing about him was how he would give Tyler hot chocolate and massage the cigarette burns from of his throwing arm that CBP left there after he tortured him... It's true!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Uncommon

Quote from: 4windshawg on February 07, 2012, 02:09:00 am
I heard that too. I also heard that Garrick was pivotal in stopping Coach Petrino from killing baby seals in front of the players in an attempt to toughen them up. I also heard that Garrick took all of the kids to church on Sunday's after CBP laid hands on them and attempted to fill them with the unholy ghost.. But the coolest thing about him was how he would give Tyler hot chocolate and massage the cigarette burns from of his throwing arm that CBP left there after he tortured him... It's true!
This post got carried away and was too much.  The bit about the baby seals was funny but the other stuff was kind of weird.

HiggiePiggy

I believe there would have been some other made up excuse to why he didn't come had McGhee stayed. 

DGB in the end was pushed to Missouri by his parents. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on February 07, 2012, 02:42:38 am
This post got carried away and was too much.  The bit about the baby seals was funny but the other stuff was kind of weird.

By weird you mean hilarious right?
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

Uncommon

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on February 07, 2012, 07:50:36 am
By weird you mean hilarious right?
No.  Like I said, the baby seals bit was really funny but the other stuff was kind of over the top.

Chief Mac

Quote from: 4windshawg on February 07, 2012, 02:09:00 am

freakin hilarious!!
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

mhuff

I wish Garrett well. I am not sure what he inherited at that program,but he will do well. He didn't recruit many.if any, running backs.... maybe good in that dept???