Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

i am now a uca bear fan

Started by Pig_Daddy_Cool, March 21, 2009, 01:05:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

blunt_hawg

I'll be surprised if Nutt is still there in 2012 and you won't give two sh*ts about Ole Miss, just like before.

HawgFan26

It doesn't matter who is coaching or playing at Ole Miss in 2012, there is no way in hell that UCA will hang with the Rebels (or any other SEC team).

old hog

I can see nuttless is upgrading his schedule, again. Hope UCA puts a loss on em.

h0gfan6

Quote from: HawgFan26 on March 21, 2009, 09:47:32 am
It doesn't matter who is coaching or playing at Ole Miss in 2012, there is no way in hell that UCA will hang with the Rebels (or any other SEC team).

UCA hung with Tulsa, who in recent memory did pretty well against us.  Not saying this means UCA would be able to hang with any of the SEC teams, but if the stars align...

razorbacksR4ever

still wonder why we dont play in state .........

idochog

Quote from: razorbacksR4ever on March 21, 2009, 09:55:14 am
still wonder why we dont play in state .........

Nothing to gain, much to lose
I love Jesus!

razorbacksR4ever

Pig_Lebowski

Quote from: idochog on March 21, 2009, 09:56:52 am

Didnt stop Texas from playing UTEP.

razorbacksR4ever

i would just love to see us play uca and state .... i dont see why people say what if we lose and crying ...........First off i dont see us losing and second it would be good for the state of Arkansas it would give us more of a reason to upgrade WM stadium as well !

felixjonesfan

we could atleast play Arkansas State.....but it still wouldnt match our SEC rivalries like Auburn, Alabama, LSU

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: idochog on March 21, 2009, 09:56:52 am

if we can play other sun belt teams, we can play arkansas state. period.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: razorbacksR4ever on March 21, 2009, 10:19:04 am
it would give us more of a reason to upgrade WM stadium as well !
Why upgrade it?  It's not as if we will still be playing in the stinkhole five years from now.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Sivad

March 21, 2009, 11:17:29 am #13 Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 02:16:00 am by Sivad
What a hoot Hootie!!!
First, Gardiner-Webb and now the UCA purple bears.
You are sure taking those Ole Miss Rebels all the way to the top!

hamsam

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on March 21, 2009, 10:56:08 am
Why upgrade it?  It's not as if we will still be playing in the stinkhole five years from now.

man, I hope you are right aobut that!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

firecrotch

Quote from: Sivad on March 21, 2009, 11:17:29 am
What a hoot Hootie!!!
First, Gardiner-Webb and now the UCA purple bears.
You are sure taking those Ole Miss Rebels all the way to the top!

I noticed that and they're playing both SE Louisiana and N. Arizona both 1 AA schools  :-X

Speedracer

Their schedule is terrible.  My favorite part is everyone is blaming the weak schedule on the atheletic director.
Like smites bother me.

3kgthog

Just a lame attempt by Dale to stay relevant in the state of Arkansas in case some recruits want to play in his pee wee offense.

Considering Dale's history against subpar competition it wouldn't surprise me to see UCA hang around for awhile in that game. They'll still lose, though.

razorbacksR4ever

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on March 21, 2009, 10:56:08 am

So are you for or against keeping games in little rock ?

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Speedracer on March 21, 2009, 01:47:13 pm
Their schedule is terrible.  My favorite part is everyone is blaming the weak schedule on the atheletic director.
They might blame the OM schedule of cream puffs on the AD, but it should only be to the extent that he let ole Hootie have his way and schedule these ridiculous record boosters.

Hawghiggs

I bet that this is what Michigan Fan thought when App. state beat them. No way in hell they can hang with us.

hogmaulywhopper

Quote from: Hawianiceman on March 21, 2009, 06:55:00 pm
Obviously against. After 2014 I hope we stop playing all games besides LSU there.
i'm going to go out on a limb and presume that was sarcasm.  just out of curiosity though why do you like the lsu game there?  that's one game that i wish we played in fayetteville.  it's usually such a good game and on national tv.  i'd rather see dwr get the exposure than war memorial which most people outside of the state probably assume is our home stadium. 

FanWithFacts

Quote from: Lazarus P. Hog on March 21, 2009, 02:10:25 pm
Ole Miss has lost to the likes of Wyoming! As well as Tennessee did. UCA has a shot one year. ASU has beat them Also!

ASU beat Ole Miss in 1915. Series record is 20-1-1.

OKhogfan1959

I wonder if Memphis is any good? That would be funny if the Nutt lost that game. It is at Memphis.

1highhog

Jborohog09

Quote from: FanWithFacts on March 22, 2009, 09:01:11 am
ASU beat Ole Miss in 1915. Series record is 20-1-1.

but several of Myth's wins were pretty darn close(i.e. 2004, they came from behind to win 28-21 when ASU went 3-8)

and I do agree that we should play State, and that it won't be a rivalry like the Iron Bowl, but it would be intense from a fans perspective.

secfan30

Quote from: felixjonesfan on March 21, 2009, 10:21:55 am
we could atleast play Arkansas State.....but it still wouldnt match our SEC rivalries like Auburn, Alabama, LSU

I say UCA just to piss all the stAte people off.

HawgFan26

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 21, 2009, 02:36:28 pm
Considering Dale's history against subpar competition it wouldn't surprise me to see UCA hang around for awhile in that game. They'll still lose, though.
Really?  I seem to remember the Hogs always beating the crap out of the creampuffs when Hootie was here.  It was the SEC games that we should have won that we would always lose.

GoHogs1091

Regarding the 2012 game between UCA and Ole Miss, I wouldn't be surprised if Nutt is not the Head Coach at Ole Miss in 2012 (probably due to Nutt being fired at Ole Miss before 2012).  I wouldn't also be surprised if Clint Conque is not at UCA in 2012, most likely due to Conque probably being at a "big time" Football program by 2012 (Conque could very well be at LSU by 2012).

Even if Nutt is still at Ole Miss in 2012, and if Conque is at UCA in 2012, Clint Conque will most definitely "out coach" Nutt during the week leading up to the UCA/Ole Miss game, and Conque will most definitely "out coach" Nutt during the game.  Conque already has experience coaching against a team in the SEC.  Conque was the Offensive Coordinator at Louisiana Tech the season that Louisiana Tech defeated Alabama at Alabama.

While Nutt was at the UofA, there were probably many Arkansans (and perhaps some nationally) that felt that Nutt wasn't the best Collegiate Head Football Coach in the State of Arkansas.  Those people probably felt that Clint Conque was the best Collegiate Football Coach in the State of Arkansas, even though Nutt was at a more "high profile job" than Conque. 

If Nutt coaches against Conque in 2012, it won't be surprising to me if Conque defeats Nutt.  Remember, UCA has moved up in NCAA Classification, and Conque will be getting "higher level" rated talent to UCA since the move up in NCAA Classification will help Conque with recruiting.  It's not that Conque needed much help with recruiting at UCA anyway.  The following is a statement from Clint Conque's Biographay:

"With Conque at the helm, UCA has sent 14 players into the professional ranks – with four players from the 2006 team alone landing on NFL rosters..."

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?sportid=1&action=staffbio&staffid=17

chiefsfan

Quote from: Jborohog09 on March 22, 2009, 06:21:14 pm
but several of Myth's wins were pretty darn close(i.e. 2004, they came from behind to win 28-21 when ASU went 3-8)

and I do agree that we should play State, and that it won't be a rivalry like the Iron Bowl, but it would be intense from a fans perspective.

We tied them in the 80's.   

Ole Miss wouldnt play us.  We wanted a game in Jonesboro they said no...  real shame.   Oh well, good for UCA though to get a game against an SEC school
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

kimjongsqUeAl

The Sugar Bears will destroy them rebels. 

GO BEARS!!!
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

DoggtownHog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 23, 2009, 12:09:29 am
Regarding the 2012 game between UCA and Ole Miss, I wouldn't be surprised if Nutt is not the Head Coach at Ole Miss in 2012 (probably due to Nutt being fired at Ole Miss before 2012).  I wouldn't also be surprised if Clint Conque is not at UCA in 2012, most likely due to Conque probably being at a "big time" Football program by 2012 (Conque could very well be at LSU by 2012).

Even if Nutt is still at Ole Miss in 2012, and if Conque is at UCA in 2012, Clint Conque will most definitely "out coach" Nutt during the week leading up to the UCA/Ole Miss game, and Conque will most definitely "out coach" Nutt during the game.  Conque already has experience coaching against a team in the SEC.  Conque was the Offensive Coordinator at Louisiana Tech the season that Louisiana Tech defeated Alabama at Alabama.

While Nutt was at the UofA, there were probably many Arkansans (and perhaps some nationally) that felt that Nutt wasn't the best Collegiate Head Football Coach in the State of Arkansas.  Those people probably felt that Clint Conque was the best Collegiate Football Coach in the State of Arkansas, even though Nutt was at a more "high profile job" than Conque. 

If Nutt coaches against Conque in 2012, it won't be surprising to me if Conque defeats Nutt.  Remember, UCA has moved up in NCAA Classification, and Conque will be getting "higher level" rated talent to UCA since the move up in NCAA Classification will help Conque with recruiting.  It's not that Conque needed much help with recruiting at UCA anyway.  The following is a statement from Clint Conque's Biographay:

"With Conque at the helm, UCA has sent 14 players into the professional ranks – with four players from the 2006 team alone landing on NFL rosters..."

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?sportid=1&action=staffbio&staffid=17

This. And it will be Nathan Dick doing the assaulting. Nice little family revenge too.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Sivad

LoseAnutt

Quote from: secfan30 on March 22, 2009, 07:04:32 pm
I say UCA just to piss all the stAte people off.
That agri school has such an inferiority complex, that they are even afraid of UCA now. They probably should be because at the rate UCA is going, their athletic program will surpass Agri State University's in 10-15 years. One of the biggest threads on their board is about how much they hate President Obama, which says alot about their fans.
http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=41144.0

havok

The way Ole Miss appears to be putting their non-conference schedule together, I half expect to see Eudora High School to be scheduled sometime in the future.

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: LoseAnutt on March 23, 2009, 11:25:07 am
That agri school has such an inferiority complex, that they are even afraid of UCA now. They probably should be because at the rate UCA is going, their athletic program will surpass Agri State University's in 10-15 years. One of the biggest threads on their board is about how much they hate President Obama, which says alot about their fans.
http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=41144.0

I dislike president Barry Soetoro (Obama's legal name) too and I'm a Razorback fan.  I refuse to worship this man and his image like everyone else does.

Whatcha got to say 'bout that??  :D
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on March 24, 2009, 10:38:57 am
I dislike president Barry Soetoro (Obama's legal name) too and I'm a Razorback fan.  I refuse to worship this man and his image like everyone else does.

Whatcha got to say 'bout that??  :D

HELL YEAH! Where should I meet you to buy you a beer?

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Yep, and App. State couldnt hang with Michigan either

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on March 24, 2009, 11:12:15 am
HELL YEAH! Where should I meet you to buy you a beer?

Don't drink anymore.  You can hook up a seat at Jerry World to watch dem Hawgs put down an ass wippin' on the aTm Aggies.
- Thomas Jefferson

- God

JustSouthofHogHeaven

Always admired UCA for their work in NAIA play. Never thought they would be Division I, but now that they are playing the Rebels, go BEARS!

JethroB.

Quote from: DoggtownHog on March 23, 2009, 09:14:40 am
This. And it will be Nathan Dick doing the assaulting. Nice little family revenge too.

I haven't heard and i'm kind of out of the loop, but, is it true that is where ND is going?  Didn't know if that was just a joke or if someone had some good info.

Pig_Daddy_Cool

pigzwillrise

so could Nathan Dick potentially be a senior in 2012 or would he have already graduated? i think his last year will be 2011, right? because he has already used his redshirt

Razorback Homer

Quote from: DoggtownHog on March 23, 2009, 09:14:40 am

Nathan will be a Sr in 2011
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

GeneKeadysRug

OahuHawg

Being originally from conway and now living in Hawaii.  Plus my mother and brother are both UCA alums. I'm stoked the Bears are opening their season over here next year against UH.  I'll be decked out in Purple.  Hopefully there will be some faithful that are able to make the trip

OahuHawg

Plus does nathan have to sit out a year over there? I hope he's able to play next season.

secfan30

March 26, 2009, 11:34:49 pm #48 Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:36:27 pm by secfan30
Quote from: Klynt21 on March 26, 2009, 08:28:32 pm
Plus does nathan have to sit out a year over there? I hope he's able to play next season.

Went down a Division, will be able to play this year.

Sourpuss

Quote from: Pig_Lebowski on March 21, 2009, 10:15:09 am

Didnt stop Texas from playing UTEP.
Arkansas = 3-5 top recruits per year
Texas = an embarrassment of riches in terms of recruiting

A loss to us from ASU hurts a lot more than a loss to Texas by a decent UTEP team with a great coach who is "roooollllinn" (I couldn't resist)