Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

is anyone else on here sick and tired of...

Started by Kenny Dowell Loggains, September 30, 2008, 04:51:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDeal

I would like to chime in on this and give my opinion. I think that post about the Red Wolves is uncalled for. I'm a big Razorback fan as anyone, but I am truly happy to see ASU do well. It was disappointing they lost to Memphis. I want this ASU team to make a bowl game. One could argue that would help football overall in the state, the exact opposite of what the Broylites believe.

I thank you.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: BigDeal on October 01, 2008, 07:54:11 pm
I would like to chime in on this and give my opinion. I think that post about the Red Wolves is uncalled for. I'm a big Razorback fan as anyone, but I am truly happy to see ASU do well. It was disappointing they lost to Memphis. I want this ASU team to make a bowl game. One could argue that would help football overall in the state, the exact opposite of what the Broylites believe.

I thank you.

Why wouldn't you?

Pathetic.

honkyfool

I thank you.

amen, brother +1

chiefsfan

I have never seen more fans obsessed with a Sun Belt school then Arkansas

Shouldnt you guys be more worried about oh... I dont know, Florida, or have you resigned yourselves to the coming beating enough that you have to talk about something that you might actually have a chance in

We obsess over each other as schools way too much
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

I thank you.

We at ASU dont need handouts from Ole Miss fans.   Thank you very much
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

BigDeal

Quote from: chiefsfan on October 01, 2008, 08:27:58 pm
We at ASU dont need handouts from Ole Miss fans.   Thank you very much

First order for you, the ASU fan : Be advised the mascot name has changed from Indians to Red Wolves.

I thank you.

chiefsfan

Quote from: BigDeal on October 01, 2008, 08:30:31 pm
First order for you, the ASU fan : Be advised the mascot name has changed from Indians to Red Wolves.

I thank you.

Really???  No way.   Next thing you know someone is going to tell me that Houston Nutt is coaching Ole Miss

Oh the Humanity

Boog41

I've asked this before when this topic comes up and no one ever answers it.

What is in it for the HOGS to play ASU? They have nothing to gain and everything to lose. It wouldn't help the HOGS financially because virtually all of their games are already sold out, especially in LR where a game like that would be played. The game wouldn't help any community's economy because it would be a day trip game. It sure wouldn't help the HOGS recruiting in state.

I absolutely wish ASU and all other Arkansas schools the best, but see no reason for the game from a HOG perspective.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Boog41 on October 01, 2008, 08:37:09 pm
I've asked this before when this topic comes up and no one ever answers it.

What is in it for the HOGS to play ASU? They have nothing to gain and everything to lose. It wouldn't help the HOGS financially because virtually all of their games are already sold out, especially in LR where a game like that would be played. The game wouldn't help any community's economy because it would be a day trip game. It sure wouldn't help the HOGS recruiting in state.

I absolutely wish ASU and all other Arkansas schools the best, but see no reason for the game from a HOG perspective.

more about financial costs from the UofA.  Why pay Tulsa a ton of money to come to Fayetville when you can get ASU for a ton cheaper. 

Now let me explain that you get nothing from recruiting out of playing ULM either.  North Louisiana recruits dont see ULM as being worth anything anyway, so playing and beating them in Little Rock every year looks normal.   

At the same time recruiting shouldnt be a big deal either way.  if you guys are having to battle us and ULM for recruits, you have problems anyway

Boog41

Quote from: chiefsfan on October 01, 2008, 10:16:41 pm
more about financial costs from the UofA.  Why pay Tulsa a ton of money to come to Fayetville when you can get ASU for a ton cheaper. 

Now let me explain that you get nothing from recruiting out of playing ULM either.  North Louisiana recruits dont see ULM as being worth anything anyway, so playing and beating them in Little Rock every year looks normal.  

At the same time recruiting shouldnt be a big deal either way.  if you guys are having to battle us and ULM for recruits, you have problems anyway

It isn't about paying Tulsa a ton of money.... it would be more like replacing ULM or Western IL..... again though, it isn't about the money because it isn't a factor financially.

On recruiting, it isn't about beating out ULM for recruits either. We will do that win or lose. Should the HOGS lose though, that might not be the case for some in state athletes. They might decide to go out of state, not necessarily to ASU.

So please try again to explain what possible upside there could be to the HOGS. The only team that stands to gain a thing from such a game is ASU.

Again Chief, I wish all AR schools good luck and was happy for ASU when they beat the TAM. I just don't see anything in a matchup with ASU. It isn't about being scared either.

hawkhawg

Quote from: chiefsfan on October 01, 2008, 10:16:41 pm

Because we would rather lose money and play Tulsa than make money and play u.   It is not like the UofA is hurting for money.   If ASU wants to play an Arkansas program better than them they should start with UCA.

chiefsfan

Quote from: hawkhawg on October 01, 2008, 11:18:24 pm
Because we would rather lose money and play Tulsa than make money and play u.   It is not like the UofA is hurting for money.   If ASU wants to play an Arkansas program better than them they should start with UCA.

UCA?  Better

In what alternate universe do you live?

hawkhawg

I do not think that UCA has a better team than ASU but they do have a better program.   And in 10 years ASU will be crybabying to UCA to play them, the same way they do the Uof A now.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on September 30, 2008, 09:34:44 pm
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Don't grow old then.  Sick and tired becomes pretty much the norm.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HOGWILD_F4I

wow... times must be tough down in Arkansas..

fans posting on message boards complaining about teams the Hogs don't even f)*&&()ing play..

Who cares?   

And.. what championships are the Razorbacks preparing to play in?  I really don't recall Arkansas being a national powerhouse in football.. never has been.. probably never will be for another couple of years (potentially).

Also.. fwiw.. that same team you ridicule, that ASU beat.. Texas Southern.. high school team.. or whatever you claim it to be... is in the same Championship Subdivision that Western Illinois is also in.. which your national powerhouse Hogs "pounded" 28-24.

Western Illinois should be considered "high school" then, right

Your post is the most idiotic post of the week in MMQ.  Congratulations

Milton

Quote from: gguillo on September 30, 2008, 04:51:50 pm
people claiming that the mighty Red Wolves of ASU are actually "better" than the HOGS this year?  I don't usually post very much on here unless something really gets under my skin... and this has.  I've been reading a lot the past week or two and it seems like every other thread has a little blurb here or there about ASU and the HOGS.  Even some of our own are making this "hypothetical" claim that they would beat us this year... here's my thought and plead that we put this to bed once and for all:

So ASU beats TAMU at Kyle Field and this whole debate gets started...  A few weeks down the road after ASU put up some impressive numbers against Texas Southern (is that high school?), a win vs. MTSU, and losses to Southern Miss and Memphis...  it brought on this dispute of epic proportion.

Meanwhile, the young HOGS severely undermanned, undersized and very inexperienced in BP's new system scrape by a few teams and then get rocked by the now #2 and #5 team in the country.

Here is my advice to the ASU homers and those talking smack about the HOGS:  Congratulations on your big ol' win against TAMU.  Get your "we beat TAMU" t-shirts now at the Jonesboro Mall.  For the first time in the history of your football program (1911) you just "might be" a little better than the HOGS... Hell, I'll take once out of 100 years anytime.  I tip my hat and applaud you for taking it to TX Southern and for that solid win against MTSU (sarcasm).  But you will continue to be the "for sure homecoming win" against the SEC, Big 12, and other BCS conferences for the rest of existence!  That's what ASU football means to me.  No-BCS, very little national exposure, and ZERO big time recruits = IRRELEVANT. 

So rock on ASU, keep racking up those Sun Belt victories!  Keep playing for that once-in-10-year win over a big time school and those occasional 7 or 8 Sun Belt win seasons;... Meanwhile, we'll be here in Fayetteville preparing for championships.  Enjoy this year to the fullest.  It only took close to 100 years for ASU to make this "better than" claim, so be prepared for 100 more.
sounds like its somebodies special time of the month
Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 01, 2008, 01:52:05 pm
No, I is not saying that. Arkansas is a big time school. ASU is not. So, Arkansas losing to ASU is more devastating than say, Auburn losing to Alabama. It hurts, for sure, but not like us losing to a Sunbelt team. And as far as instate talent goes, yes there is some good talent in Arkansas, but not like Florida, Alabama, OK, etc. Hell, they are all more populated than Arkansas and have more schools.
your correct

Alabama  4,599,000
Florida  18,090,000
Oklahoma  3,579,000

Arkansas 2,834,797
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

corpitguy

Give the ASU fans a break; this is a good season for them and they're proud of their team.  They should be.

BigDeal

Quote from: corpitguy on October 02, 2008, 03:06:23 pm
Give the ASU fans a break; this is a good season for them and they're proud of their team.  They should be.

I tried that very thing and the thanks I got was a personal insult from an ASU fan on this very thread.

I thank you.

HOGPICKER

I went to school up there and understand the mentality.  I wish we'd play them in a WMS/RRS rotation so they could get it out of their system.  It'd be fun.  The way they pack that little stadium in Jonesboro, they probably wouldn't sell all of the allotted visitor tickets. 
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

slowride

Quote from: honkyfool on October 01, 2008, 07:45:06 pm
Does the University of Arkansas have a big yellow streak when it come to playing ASU?

Yes, we do.  Losing to ASU would set our program back 20 years.  It could cause us to lose a lot of recruits.  We would lose money.  Eventually, we might even get booted from the SEC.  Don't under no conditions play them.  This scares the hell out of me.

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: rcj001 on September 30, 2008, 08:31:28 pm
It's ASU's best year in 20 years and the Hogs worst year in 20 years and for once it might actually be a halfway decent game, I'm from Jonesboro and all for seeing ASU compete in their conference, but their fans are ignorant.  Sometimes I want to strangle Bud-Ro in the morning

All I hear from a few is how a few years ago ASU was the only Akransas school in a bowl game.

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: HOGPICKER on October 02, 2008, 05:27:24 pm
I went to school up there and understand the mentality.  I wish we'd play them in a WMS/RRS rotation so they could get it out of their system.  It'd be fun.  The way they pack that little stadium in Jonesboro, they probably wouldn't sell all of the allotted visitor tickets. 

They don't even sell out the 32,000 they have unless Memphis comes to town, or the one trip Ole Miss made there. Most of the time it's 20K, occassionally 25K.

twistitup

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Milton

Quote from: slowride on October 02, 2008, 06:29:32 pm
Yes, we do.  Losing to ASU would set our program back 20 years.  It could cause us to lose a lot of recruits.  We would lose money.  Eventually, we might even get booted from the SEC.  Don't under no conditions play them.  This scares the hell out of me.
It wouldn't set us back that bad.  There have been better teams lose to smaller schools, and guess what, those better teams had more good teams.
Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

lazyj70

I'm a big Razorback fan as anyone

I thank you.

Sorry, but your not as "Big a Razorback fan as anyone."  If you were you wouldn't have that Ole Miss avatar.  As much as all of you Huggers hate it you are going to have to realize that as much as you love Houston Nutt He is now the enemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He is now the Razorbacks rival!!  Move on and please change your avatar!  It's making us extremly ill.

I Thank You Not,
               Lazyj70

Dances With Hogs