Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas State's New Mascot

Started by The_Hill, January 27, 2008, 12:46:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Hill

After sifting through 700 submissions by students they have narrowed it to three...
Arkansas State Express Train (no joke)
Arkansas State Ridgerunners
Arkansas State Red Wolves

Maybe one day the "express train" can make a stop in faytown...
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

Petrinos Pigs

I was hoping that they would've done better than those names.
Hog Born and Hog Breed

LM RZRBCK 29

Choo Chooo Express Train Choo Choo LOL When is that gonna make its stop in Faytown?
Quote from: NeverYield on April 15, 2011, 10:02:02 am
How do you know if you're done whiping?  Sniff the TP?

Quote from: OtterHog on April 15, 2011, 10:05:16 am
Its all about feel. It took years of training. Very rarely have I had to go back in for mop-up duty.

Duke of Buckingham

I really thought they should stick with Indians, add "fighting" to the front of the name and be the "Fighting Indians".

Then instead of Injun Joe, they could use a picture of Ghandi.

Arkansas State could be a tribute to all the contract programmers and hotel desk clerks in the country.

It would surely boost their foreign entrollment.

Their defensive starting unit could be the "Passive Resistance". Kind of like "Blackshirts" only better.

Great sideline mascot, a guy dressed up like Ghandi. A lot better than that silly Buckeye.

I'm disappointed.

Guinness Snout

I think they should go back to their original mascot "The Gorillas" ;D

bao187

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

bao187

maybe a Black Helmet, with Blood Red eyes on the side of the helmet
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

bigt05

what happended to Red Storm that sounded really cool

HoggyWayne

:puke:

Yet another reason why I've always been a Razorback fan, although I went to ASU, after failing 5 hours on the Hill.

This is embarassing to the state of Arkansas, IMO. Woo Pig Sooie!

bao187

i did this with a minor league basketball team i know the Arkansas State part looks rough but it would be a good logo

WindyCityHog

I was hoping for the Ivorybilled Woodpeckers.

They would have made millions....using 'Peckers as a mascot.

Guinness Snout

'Peckers as a mascot is pretty brilliant.  As person with a Native American bloodline I have no problems with The Indians.  But' If they had to change it I would still go with GORILLA's.  And, I know it's not on the list but I still like it.

bao187

or they could spell it Geurilla for a military spin on it

The real Hogules

I kind of like the ASU Express Train.

Then they could still call themselves "The Engines"! LOL

Take THAT NCAA! ;)
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Dwight_K_Shrute

January 27, 2008, 01:44:56 pm #14 Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 01:49:23 pm by Dwight_K_Shrute
I'm pissed they didn't go with my suggestion.

The Wanna Bees.

I even submitted ideas for a logo and cheerleader outfits.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

bao187

i am down with that cheeleader, we can call her Honey, they change the stadium name to the Hive

secfan30

Quote from: FFpig07 on January 27, 2008, 01:27:59 pm
'Peckers as a mascot is pretty brilliant.  As person with a Native American bloodline I have no problems with The Indians.  But' If they had to change it I would still go with GORILLA's.  And, I know it's not on the list but I still like it.

Most people with Indian Heritage had no problems with it. The issues came from a politically correct few that have the power to make it hard on the rest of us.

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: bao187 on January 27, 2008, 01:06:43 pm
Red Wolves sound pretty cool

How many red wolves have you seen in northeast arkansas???

bao187

how many Buccaneers have you seen in Tampa, or How many Tigers have you seen in Missouri a team does not hav to be named based off its location and surrounding Titans in Tennessee

lilpiglove

Zen_Hog

Red Wolves sounds cool, but Express Train is just classic.

The Lemming

Quote from: jep_hog_fan on January 27, 2008, 02:01:34 pm
Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they weren't here. They used to be very widespread throughout the southeast before they were targeted for extermination. Arkansas held a very high population of red wolves.

SteveInArk

http://www.thewildones.org/Animals/redWolf.html

IUCN Status: Endangered
Pure red wolves are thought to be extinct in the wild.

Threats to Surival: Three problems threaten the future of red wolves - the loss of habitat, the hunting of wolves, and red wolves mating with coyotes.     ???

A fact that may be of use in the midst of  Forum verbal battles with ASU fans.   ;)

:razorback:
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on January 27, 2008, 02:11:46 pm
Red Wolves sounds cool, but Express Train is just classic.

Yeah but get ready to hear "Come on Ride The Train" at every ASU sporting event, and on every radio station in Jonesboro.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The_Hill

Express Train isn't just classic, it is EPIC... the sky is the limit with a name like that
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: The_Hill on January 27, 2008, 12:46:22 pm
After sifting through 700 submissions by students they have narrowed it to three...
Arkansas State Express Train (no joke)
Arkansas State Ridgerunners
Arkansas State Red Wolves

Maybe one day the "express train" can make a stop in faytown...

If this is the best they can come up with, then they shouldn't complain about being relegated to mid-major status.

Quote from: bao187 on January 27, 2008, 01:29:01 pm
or they could spell it Geurilla for a military spin on it

Guerrilla, actually, but it WAS close. LOL.

Quote from: secfan30 on January 27, 2008, 01:56:02 pm
Most people with Indian Heritage had no problems with it. The issues came from a politically correct few that have the power to make it hard on the rest of us.
Agree wholeheartedly.

Quote from: bao187 on January 27, 2008, 02:05:22 pm
how many Buccaneers have you seen in Tampa, or How many Tigers have you seen in Missouri a team does not hav to be named based off its location and surrounding Titans in Tennessee

Good point. LSU Tigers . USC Trojans (oh wait, they were after the condom, weren't they). Mich St. Spartans. 
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

bao187

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 27, 2008, 02:13:47 pm
Yeah but get ready to hear "Come on Ride The Train" at every ASU sporting event, and on every radio station in Jonesboro.

Foots

January 27, 2008, 02:15:30 pm #27 Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 02:34:29 pm by Foots
They should just leave it the Indians. The whole point in changing is not about offending people, its about being allowed to be in the postseason, and they're not gonna get there anytime soon.

elksnort

How many actual Razorbacks are in Arkansas?\
answer: none, they are in Australia

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 27, 2008, 01:44:56 pm
I'm pissed they didn't go with my suggestion.

The Wanna Bees.

Dude! That was classic..  I coughed up my beer!!     +1
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

trav1021

January 27, 2008, 02:47:32 pm #30 Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 02:50:35 pm by trav1021
Quote from: secfan30 on January 27, 2008, 01:56:02 pm

I'm so tired of the PC movement in America today.  I will say though I like the Ridge Runners name a little better than all of the rest just because of the area and Crowley's Ridge. 

judgeroyswine

Express Train?  What, will Don Cornelius be the conductor?

I like Red Wolves, but just because my suggestion of the Swarming Bagworms never made it to committee.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

hoghearted

How about they call themselves 'Off Constantly'?

Then their opponents can say "We beat ...."
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

elksnort

bd93

Quote from: hoghearted on January 27, 2008, 02:52:12 pm

LMAO!!

That was classic.

Texman

Quote from: HoggyWayne on January 27, 2008, 01:13:46 pm

Yet another reason why I've always been a Razorback fan, although I went to ASU, after failing 5 hours on the Hill.

You must not realize how silly, redneckish the "Woo Pig Sooie" is looked at around the US.

txkrazorback

January 27, 2008, 03:05:15 pm #36 Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 03:12:01 pm by txkrazorback
Quote from: bao187 on January 27, 2008, 01:52:14 pm
i am down with that cheeleader, we can call her Honey, they change the stadium name to the Hive
It's always fun to dip your finger in a Honey Pot...
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

txkrazorback

Quote from: HoggyWayne on January 27, 2008, 01:13:46 pm

Quote from: Texman on January 27, 2008, 02:57:49 pm
You must not realize how silly, redneckish the "Woo Pig Sooie" is looked at around the US.

Irony: Ain't it cool? LOL
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

Sivad

Arkansas State's new mascot?.......who cares, they'll probably change it again in a few years.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PigTimePlayer

I think Ridge Runners is cool, out of those three, and at least there is some local significance.  And there is some originality.  I always felt it was stupid that out of 12 SEC teams there are two Bulldogs and two Tigers.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Sao Ming

Quote from: The_Hill on January 27, 2008, 02:14:21 pm
Express Train isn't just classic, it is EPIC... the sky is the limit with a name like that

Here is a T-Shirt idea for them.

"Engineering a come back" since 2008.

Smokehouse

go with Express Train and play "love train" during the games. If nothing else, fans can picture the Coors Light train when they hear it.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

HoggyWayne

Quote from: Texman on January 27, 2008, 02:57:49 pm

Nope, I've never been out of the state of Arkansas! Hook'em Texman!

clutch

Quote from: hoghearted on January 27, 2008, 02:52:12 pm

LMAO. I see you've been watching comedy central's stand-up comedy showdown.

HoggyWayne

Quote from: Sao Ming on January 27, 2008, 03:19:56 pm

Here is a T-Shirt idea for them.

"Engineering a come back" since 2008.

LMAO! +1 to that

stchane

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on January 27, 2008, 03:19:07 pm
I think Ridge Runners is cool, out of those three, and at least there is some local significance.  And there is some originality.  I always felt it was stupid that out of 12 SEC teams there are two Bulldogs and two Tigers.

I liked the Ridgerunners also.  Jesse Duke can be the mascot while the cheerleaders can be dressed like Daisy Duke. 
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

HamShank

They used to be here.  Extinct now.  Much like the "Razorback," you know.

Natedog39

The ASU Red Wolves seems to be the best choice of the three, but I think they are all ridiculous.  Is that the best the ASU big whigs could come up with? 

East Clintwood

I still think they should go with the Arkansas State Censoreds

Their logo could be a tomahawk with a big "Censored" stamped across it.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

bao187