Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attention All UCA students Who Are Reading Hogville!!!

Started by doo-ran, December 05, 2007, 10:30:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

doo-ran

December 05, 2007, 10:30:40 am Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 11:09:46 am by doo-ran
Have you heard about our sister site?

http://www.purplebears.net

We are looking for several to come on over and check us out. You have nothing better to do during this coaching search madness, so come on over. Wherever you are, come check us out! We currently have 207 members! I am pushing for 500 members by weeks end. My goal is to get 10% of UCA's current student population. If you're an alumnus don't hesitate. Meet up with old friends here:

http://www.purplebears.net/forums/index.php?board=13.0

University of Arkansas Greeks and UCA Greeks can converse about their frats here:
http://www.purplebears.net/forums/index.php?board=10.0

HoggyWayne

Totally relevant information for us Razorback football fans.

RypTyde

Arkansas convert.  From Gator and Gamecock to hogwild.

doo-ran

HoggyWayne

doo-ran

Quote from: RypTyde on December 05, 2007, 10:34:01 am
There's a coach that should be on UA radar!!!!
Get this, Conque just got a raise but no rollover. His salary was raised by a factor of his winning percentage! Read about it here:

http://www.purplebears.net/forums/index.php?topic=383.0

doo-ran

doo-ran

Everyone here knows Wayne1958. Come introduce yourself in his thread on Purple Bears!

http://www.purplebears.net/forums/index.php?topic=375.0

Be sure to sign up today!

UCARazorback

I'm sorry I went to the UCA games. Conque is a good coach and Nathan Brown is probably better than Casey Dick but it was just depressing to see those games compared to the Hogs.  I'll join purplebears but it's Hogs first for me still.

doo-ran

Quote from: UCARazorback on December 05, 2007, 10:48:47 am
I'm sorry I went to the UCA games. Conque is a good coach and Nathan Brown is probably better than Casey Dick but it was just depressing to see those games compared to the Hogs.  I'll join purplebears but it's Hogs first for me still.
Well come on over! Get in on the ground level. UCA isn't going to be playing second fiddle for too long.
Besides, did I mention this?
http://www.purplebears.net/forums/index.php?topic=43.0

doo-ran

RazorChick

Can I pimp my site to Hogville, too?  Doesn't have a darn thing to do with Razorback Athletics, but what the heck!  Throw in a couple of scantily clad good looking young ladies and it makes it all right?  Come on mods...this is not why I'm here.

doo-ran

Quote from: RazorChick on December 05, 2007, 10:52:53 am
Can I pimp my site to Hogville, too?  Doesn't have a darn thing to do with Razorback Athletics, but what the heck!  Throw in a couple of scantily clad good looking young ladies and it makes it all right?  Come on mods...this is not why I'm here.
Check your pm.

spe450

It is a mod that is "pimping" a website owned by the Owner of this board.  Stop whining.

doo-ran

UCA Students. Did you know that in the early 60's that UCA had many underground tunnels? Did you know that Macallister Hall had a cafeteria?

Wayne Watson

NO!
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

spe450

Quote from: doo-ran on December 05, 2007, 10:59:10 am
UCA Students. Did you know that in the early 60's that UCA had many underground tunnels? Did you know that Macallister Hall had a cafeteria?
Yes I did.  SOS 3 years!

doo-ran

Quote from: spe450 on December 05, 2007, 11:02:46 am
Yes I did.  SOS 3 years!

Did you know that there was 5 1/2 miles of florescent light bulbs in Torreyson Library before the add on in 1992?

doo-ran

BustinANutt

Once Chancellor White undermines athletics and gets ride of the frats on the Hill, everyone in the state will go to UCA. This new site is a good hedge play by hogville.

dross20

Can't we all just get along?

doo-ran

Quote from: BustinANutt on December 05, 2007, 11:27:27 am
Once Chancellor White undermines athletics and gets ride of the frats on the Hill, everyone in the state will go to UCA. This new site is a good hedge play by hogville.
It's definitely a force to be recognized. When I started UCA in 1992, tuition was 740.00 dollars per semester and the enrollement was around 6500. My how times have changed in just a few short years.

Boarslab

You folks talking bad about the Purplebears board better watch it--I think Hsv's wife is an alumni--she'll come down on you!! By the way, UCA is a great school!

doo-ran

Quote from: dross20 on December 05, 2007, 11:28:30 am
The Cafateria in Macallister is now the Ballroom.
Further back than that, the old cafeteria was in the basement!

The ballroom where the madrigal dinnners were held was also a place to chow!

DenverHogFan

Lanny

Quote from: Boarslab on December 05, 2007, 11:30:13 am
You folks talking bad about the Purplebears board better watch it--I think Hsv's wife is an alumni--she'll come down on you!! By the way, UCA is a great school!

Red is a UCA alumni graduated in 1984.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

doo-ran

Both of my parents graduated in 1964.

I graduated in December of 1997 with my BS and got the MS (more of the same) in August of 1998!

Philip Seaton

HogDart

Quote from: spe450 on December 05, 2007, 11:02:46 am
Yes I did.  SOS 3 years!

Same for me buddy! I wouldn't trade my UCA experience for the world, but I will always say Go Hogs first and foremost!

ThunderHog

Quote from: doo-ran on December 05, 2007, 11:30:01 am
It's definitely a force to be recognized. When I started UCA in 1992, tuition was 740.00 dollars per semester and the enrollement was around 6500. My how times have changed in just a few short years.
And now they have given away more scholarships than allowed by the state, have too many students for the infrastructure, have created fees, raised other fees and jacked up tuition.  They are currently begging the state for more money for campus upgrades and other building projects. 

bison77

When I started in 77, tuition AND room and board TOTALED $740/semester.  Fortunately, I had a good summer job, got grants, etc. and had LOTS of money to spend shooting shuffleboard at Ton's. ;)

Bigdaddy Freaknasty

Sure would have liked to have UCA QB on the Hogs this year...only got to see one game but he was on the money on most every pass and read defense well.  Go BEARS!!!

doo-ran

Quote from: ThunderHog on December 05, 2007, 12:05:04 pm
And now they have given away more scholarships than allowed by the state, have too many students for the infrastructure, have created fees, raised other fees and jacked up tuition.  They are currently begging the state for more money for campus upgrades and other building projects. 
Yes, higher education funding can be very tricky. However, the days of student demonstrations, and faculty demonstrations under Winfred Thompson's regime are over. Students will always complain about the fees. Why? Because it's part of that whole sophomoric liberal phase.

doo-ran

HDale

The UCA drum line did a little number @ the Keith Urban/Gary Allen concert that was awesome!
I will always hate the Dork

kimjongsqUeAl

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Boarslab

Hey, we probably crossed paths--I was there at that time as well.  I spent 3/12 years there, but ended up graduating at Lyon.
Quote from: hSv on December 05, 2007, 11:54:28 am
Red is a UCA alumni graduated in 1984.

ke2743

Quote from: BustinANutt on December 05, 2007, 11:27:27 am

Don't even get me started on his views about fraternities.  His ideas are completely ludicris.

arkjay19

Nice.  I wish we had a thread like that on this board.

ArrowsATC

razorshark

Memories, drinking beer at Palarm and riding around in Cadillac Koons convertible car.  Love it, UCA had 5 to 1 ration of girls to boys.  Great time partying.  Graduated at another school but loved UCA.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning
http://rs218.pbsrc.com/albums/cc30/razorshark50/Napalm.jpg~c100

Beau McCastlain

Quote from: doo-ran on December 05, 2007, 10:59:10 am

UCA Students........Did you know there is a McCastlain Hall!!!!!! ;)
Scrot Out!!!!
"Hey!!! Let's go huntin'!!!"

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Beau McCastlain on December 05, 2007, 02:33:14 pm

UCA Students........Did you know there is a McCastlain Hall!!!!!! ;)
Scrot Out!!!!

Sorry for u Beau...LOL!!!

Philip Seaton

Yep, the Bear basketball team is off to a great start, they have won 7 in a row since losing to Kentucky!

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

arkjarhead

Why not creat a University of Arkansas at Monticello site so we can talk about our Boll Weevils?
Argument between me and the wife:
Her: I'm not talking about you I'm talking about tapeworms.
Me: No you're not. You're talking about me talking about tapeworms.
Score to date: Her:1,000,000       Me:1

Philip Seaton

Quote from: arkjarhead on December 05, 2007, 05:48:09 pm
Why not creat a University of Arkansas at Monticello site so we can talk about our Boll Weevils?

Maybe some day. Have a lot on the plate right now.

happyhawgal

Boll Weevil and UCA alumni here. I could visit both sites.

Seriously, UCA is growing faster than another other school in Arkansas including U of A Fayetteville.
I hate there is no place to park any more at UCA.

I left Monticello in 75 and have never returned!
WPS!!
NewDay
NewAttitude
NewIdentity
NewYear