Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chaney / Pittman - what happened?

Started by twistitup, September 13, 2017, 12:01:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 01:57:47 pm
What's the false claim I made?

They just beat ND - we lost to TCU and you are claiming we are better off now than when we had Cheney? There are plenty of articles out there talking about the improved Georgia program and superior staff that Smart has assembled.

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 12:05:47 pm
We talk shiite about them  - but Georgia sees them as HOMERUN hires - was the problem Cheney and Pittan  or CBB?

Georgia doesn't see them as homerun hires. I posted a thread full of Georgia fans who hate Chaney as bad as some here did.  No one there considers him a homerun hire. False information.

twistitup

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 13, 2017, 02:13:03 pm
You're too obtuse to realize your trolling comment is actually correct

They just BEAT ND - we LOST to TCU

We couldn't punch it in from inside the 5 - twice.....

Enos is the man
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Wildhog

Arkansas record with Chaney: 10-15
Arkansas record without Chaney:  16-12

Numbers.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on September 13, 2017, 02:14:32 pm
Arkansas record with Chaney: 10-15
Arkansas record without Chaney:  16-12

Numbers.

Oh stop. Barrett sallee said it was a homerun!

island hog

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 02:09:01 pm
Exactly - that is how bad he wanted out. Then he parlayed that job into a BETTER job in the SEC - Georgia......Georgia

he sucks
Another not-so-thin-veiled attack on our HC by you... what's new.   

twistitup

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 02:14:11 pm
Georgia doesn't see them as homerun hires. I posted a thread full of Georgia fans who hate Chaney as bad as some here did.  No one there considers him a homerun hire. False information.

That's your opinion...there are plenty who love the hire. Information not true or false - it's an opinion

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 02:15:41 pm
That's your opinion...there are plenty who love the hire. Information not true or false - it's an opinion

Show some Ga fans that think he's a homerun as that was your claim.  I'll wait.

twistitup

Quote from: island hog on September 13, 2017, 02:15:20 pm
Another not-so-thin-veiled attack on our HC by you... what's new.   

Is Chaney not working at Georgia now?

No attack, just a fact

twistitup

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 02:16:47 pm
Show some Ga fans that think he's a homerun as that was your claim.  I'll wait.

You will be waiting for a long time - the season will play out and my argument will be proven true.

Chaney will out coach Enos - stats will tell the tale.

Mark this thread, let's revisit

Georgia will be happy w Chaney - we will be wanting Enos fired

Wildhog

Points per game with Chaney:  26.3
Points per game without Chaney:  33.1

Numbers.
1909/1964/1965/1977

NoogaHog

Quote from: Wildhog on September 13, 2017, 02:10:36 pm
He certainly does suck.

He really is not that good. Georgia's defense is good, their offense not so much. He could not win at Tennessee with Bray at QB.

At Pitt they scored 28 ppg with him (68th in the nation). The next year they scored 40 ppg (10th) without him.

I just don't understand the love for Chaney. He has had some really good QB's that really badly underachieved.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

twistitup

Quote from: Wildhog on September 13, 2017, 02:18:49 pm
Points per game with Chaney:  26.3
Points per game without Chaney:  33.1

Numbers.

Points in the second half w Chaney - vs - points in the second half with Enos?

Atlhogfan1

I would rather have Enos except the red zone playcalling is awful.

Eason and Fromm and the other talent Uga has makes coaches look good.  Chaney had 0 qb depth at Ark.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ballz2thewall

Quote from: presidenthog on September 13, 2017, 12:29:54 pm
Wrong. Georgia fans hate Chaney. They liked Pittman. We warned them about Chaney.. they didn't listen. Then wanted him fired at the end of last season.

Now they still want him gone, but know they have to fire Pittman to do that.

I do not just post on this board. I interact with other fans. Georgia hates Chaney. Does not consider him a homerun. This guy is FOS.

agreed. i also hit other boards. ga fans did not like cheney on the way in. they don't like him now.
The rest of the frog.

Wildhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 13, 2017, 02:20:20 pm
I would rather have Enos except the red zone playcalling is awful.

Eason and Fromm and the other talent Uga has makes coaches look good.  Chaney had 0 qb depth at Ark.   

We've had redzone issues since CBB has been here. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

AugustaHog

UGA fans are whining about the terrible playcalling already this year.  They still aren't enamored with the Oline play either.  Most of their fans know it's a matter of time before Chaney is let go for a better hire.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 02:06:23 pm
Chaney has a better job now - he must REALLY suck.

Georgia saw how much they sucked and decided to hire both of them....then they beat ND

.....and we have awesome coaches, did you watch us tear it up on Sat?

I agree with all on here with Chaney wasn't a good fit but Pittman was loved by his players and fans alike.  I knew guys that played on Pittman's OL and they loved everything about him.  When Pittman bolted, the Hogs OL was upset and wanted nothing to do with his replacement.  But like we all know it's a business.

I hear what you're saying if Chaney sucks so much how did he end up at UGA?  Well the same can be said for Rob Smith ending up at Minn with PJ Fleck or Smiley coaching at Kentucky State University (had to do it).  Sometimes coaches are just a better fit elsewhere.

sickboy

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 01:48:52 pm
They just beat ND....are you saying we have upgraded since Cheney / Pittman were here?

Speaking of looking terrible - we just LOST to TCU and didn't exactly look dominant.

I don't hear you making a sound argument about Georgia and those coaches. I just hear you arguing that we suck right now. Which I get, but the two don't have anything to do with one another.

I think you're just looking for something to rationalize why we suck right now. If it was as simple as hiring the right coaches and keeping them -- assuming that coaching was black and white, meaning you're either good or you're bad -- then there would be more than one to three programs who are legit National Title contenders.

The truth is, there are a million tiny, infintesimal reasons a program is what it is. It's not just a head coach -- it's not just a 5* QB. It's way more complicated than that. That's why Arkansas football has been a middle of the rung SEC West school for decades and it's the same reason why Alabama has been a powerhouse program for decades.

The shape of college football and their programs shift and change very, very slowly, like a river bank carving through a mountain range. Every now and then there is a monumental happening, an earthquake or a landslide, like us moving to the SEC in 1992. But for the most part -- those things happen very rarely. And until something like that happens for Arkansas football again, something on that level, we're going to continue to be a top 35-30 football program.

Now, I think it's totally possible that a coach can be that monumental happening. But, I also think those coaches only come along once in a lifetime. And it's easy to see in hindsight that Saban was one of those guys. But for a program to get a guy like Saban, they have to bet on him early in his career, hope that he turns out to be Saban-esque, and on top of that, hope that this once in a  generational coach comes along and sticks around. Meaning he doesn't get lured by the already bigger, more established programs... or he doesn't burn out.

All that to say, in the grand scheme of things... I don't think Pittman or Chaney played any massive role in Arkansas football one way or the other. If they did... you'd know it.

factchecker

Jim Chaney's OC record vs. SEC

Tennessee
2009: 4-4
2010: 3-5
2011: 1-7
2012: 1-7
Total: 9-23

Arkansas
2013: 0-8
2014: 2-6
Total: 2-14

Georgia
2016: 4-4
2017: ?

Total: 15-41
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

factchecker

Dan Enos' OC record vs. SEC

Arkansas
2015: 5-3
2016: 3-5
2017: ?

Total: 8-8
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HoggyCat

You tell me.  Is Enos the problem now???  Kurt Anderson??  There's one thing all had in common......
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

LRHawg

Why is beating a bad ND by a point with a new QB some great feat?

factchecker

Quote from: LRHawg on September 13, 2017, 02:41:32 pm

Because any team that beats Notre Dame is going to win the National Championship...... ask Texas and Charlie Strong:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 02:18:39 pm
You will be waiting for a long time - the season will play out and my argument will be proven true.

Maybe, but unless you're a mind reader, miss Cleo, what you claimed is still false.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: factchecker on September 13, 2017, 02:43:23 pm
Because any team that beats Notre Dame is going to win the National Championship...... ask Texas and Charlie Strong:

Now that was hilarious!!! Hated that for homegrown dude like HBC Strong but I literally chuckled through the entire video...Thanks factchecker!

LRHawg

onebadrubi

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 02:14:18 pm
They just BEAT ND - we LOST to TCU

We couldn't punch it in from inside the 5 - twice.....

Enos is the man

I see slightly complex thoughts are too difficult for you.  It's sad to see

HF#1

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 12:05:47 pm
We talk shiite about them  - but Georgia sees them as HOMERUN hires - was the problem Cheney and Pittan  or CBB?

It's not like Georgia is hiring scrubs.....but here we are talking about them like they couldn't cut it at Arkansas.

Something doesn't smell right

Big talent gap between Arkansas and Georgia. Pittman's two biggest OL recruits at Arkansas lost their job to a walk-on true freshman...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

woodhog14

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 12:01:25 pm
Now at Georgia....Smart considered them 'homerun' hires...the the Georgia program is on the upswing.

Why did these guys not work out at AR?

Did we upgrade?

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/derek-dooley-landing-chaney-pittman-huge-kirby-smart

http://gridironnow.com/sam-pittmans-departure-from-arkansas-ruffles-some-feathers/

Go read a Georgia message board. Most of them don't like Chaney and his play calling.

woodhog14

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 02:18:39 pm

2016 Offensive Stats
Arkansas 428.5 ypg
Gerogia 384.9 ypg

twistitup

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 13, 2017, 02:27:53 pm
I agree with all on here with Chaney wasn't a good fit but Pittman was loved by his players and fans alike.  I knew guys that played on Pittman's OL and they loved everything about him.  When Pittman bolted, the Hogs OL was upset and wanted nothing to do with his replacement.  But like we all know it's a business.

I hear what you're saying if Chaney sucks so much how did he end up at UGA?  Well the same can be said for Rob Smith ending up at Minn with PJ Fleck or Smiley coaching at Kentucky State University (had to do it).  Sometimes coaches are just a better fit elsewhere.

Minn and Kentucky St are far different programs than Georgia. Georgia is a step up from Ark - I don't think we can argue that

twistitup

Quote from: woodhog14 on September 13, 2017, 03:20:30 pm
2016 Offensive Stats
Arkansas 428.5 ypg
Gerogia 384.9 ypg

About even - let's follow this season.

Hearing the noise on here you would think Enos was light years ahead of Ch

Been10Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on September 13, 2017, 12:02:49 pm
Well, they've got a ****load of talent to work with.

Chaney was terrible.  I mean, just atrocious.
Yeah! When you have Georgias talent you could line up in the "dead T" and win 10 games

Wildhog

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 03:55:44 pm

lol, so you're going to claim victory if a much more talented team in a much worse division has a better record than us?

I thought that's where this was going.  Solid troll job, though.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 03:55:44 pm

So are you still claiming Georgia thinks it was a homerun hire?

twistitup

Quote from: LRHawg on September 13, 2017, 02:41:32 pm

It's a big W - top 25 win ( w a freshman QB)

Wish we could say the same (w a veteran QB)

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

hobhog

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 13, 2017, 02:08:01 pm
Same issue Bert was whining about when he left Wisconsin... coordinators on a revolving door.

The common denominator is... Bert.

Nanny nanny boo boo.....

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 03:57:54 pm
It's a big W - top 25 win ( w a freshman QB)

Wish we could say the same (w a veteran QB)

Who doesn't?

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 03:54:15 pm
Minn and Kentucky St are far different programs than Georgia. Georgia is a step up from Ark - I don't think we can argue that
I can agree only due to UGA's tenure in the SEC and Georgia is a recruiting hot bed in comparison to Arkansas as of late.  Chaney's play calling pissed away some games the Hogs should've won.  I was (like many of us) was a Sam Pittman fan because how he recruited and developed OL.  CDE has some work cut out for him because of success (for the most part) last season.  I'm still not sold on CKA and his development of OL.  I would love to have seen CDE and Pittman run the Hogs offense but pipe dreams are just that.

I think if I can remember correctly, HV celebrated when Chaney left...Just sayin

twistitup

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 03:57:38 pm
So are you still claiming Georgia thinks it was a homerun hire?

Nobody agrees with every hire - not all of Georgia likes the hire, some of them do. They have a good top 25 win under their belts and they have momentum going into conference comp. - we can't say the same. The trajectory of our program in not going up at the moment - the Georgia program is moving in a positive direction.

We have Enos / CBB in year 5....we are stagnant and w/o identity

Georgia has Cheney / Smart in 3...they are seen as an up and comer with a recent, nationally televised top 25 win

Been10Hog

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 04:16:31 pm
Nobody agrees with every hire - not all of Georgia likes the hire, some of them do. They have a good top 25 win under their belts and they have momentum going into conference comp. - we can't say the same. The trajectory of our program in not going up at the moment - the Georgia program is moving in a positive direction.

Georgia has Cheney / Smart in 3...they are seen as an up and comer with a recent, nationally televised top 25 win
We lost to a team the "experts" picked us to lose. UGA beat a team that although in top 25, most "experts" picked them to beat. Sky aint fallin' yet. I think we are going to finish with a good year and TCU will finish much better than we think! If we lose to A&M, OM, Miss St, USCe and MIZZOU I'll push you out of the way to get to the ledge first

PorkRinds

Which isn't the point you made in the OP at all. Are you backing away from that now tomkake your new point or....?

gchamblee

in case you guys haven't figured it out, twist has below average football knowledge.

jkstock04

You have gotta be kidding with all this dude...seriously. Chaney is garbage...you would like to have him back getting stuck in elevators and teaching our qbs? Can you imagine him on the field actually coaching drills with the qbs? No chance man.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Laughing Hog

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 12:01:25 pm
Now at Georgia....Smart considered them 'homerun' hires...the the Georgia program is on the upswing.

Why did these guys not work out at AR?

Did we upgrade?

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/derek-dooley-landing-chaney-pittman-huge-kirby-smart

http://gridironnow.com/sam-pittmans-departure-from-arkansas-ruffles-some-feathers/

I'm in GA. They want the fat twins gone in the circles I'm around. They do get better athletes over here than we do.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

gchamblee

lmao

BigoBoys

Rember those games in 2013 when had less than 100 yards passing?