Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

And then what?????

Started by hogsanity, September 14, 2017, 10:32:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

BB is gone at the end of the season, and then what, hire another coach and in 5 years when the results are an average of 7-8 wins a year ( which is our average since joining the sec, 25+ seasons ) I guess we will want that guy gone and try someone else?

Oh, and don't forget the new guy will probably be very different in offensive philosophy and will have to try to do that with the ball control type players on campus.

And no, this is not a keep BB thread. It is a why do you expect different results, over time, than any of the other coaches since joining the sec have provided.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BigE_23

Quote from: hogsanity on September 14, 2017, 10:32:53 am
HDN is gone at the end of the season, and then what, hire another coach and in 5 years when the results are an average of 7-8 wins a year ( which is our average since joining the sec, 25+ seasons ) I guess we will want that guy gone and try someone else?

Oh, and don't forget the new guy will probably be very different in offensive philosophy and will have to try to do that with the ball control type players on campus.

And no, this is not a keep HDN thread. It is a why do you expect different results, over time, than any of the other coaches since joining the sec have provided.

Fixed it for ya, because it's the same lame, weak-a$$ argument that was made in 2007.

Sed76

Winning 7 or 8 games a year is what we do. It's losing games to Toledo, blowing countless games we should have won, defense being historically bad and games like Auburn last year that have caused the Bielema backlash. Win the games you are supposed to and be competitive in the losses is not unreasonable.

hogsanity

Quote from: zsanfusa on September 14, 2017, 10:35:15 am
Poor ole Arkiesaw, here we go again.

You got an answer, or just one of the 5 Hogville fall backs when you have no way to refute what is said or provide answers?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jkstock04

BB is gone at the end of the season, and then what, hire another coach and in 5 years when the results are an average of 7-8 wins a year ( which is our average since joining the sec, 25+ seasons ) I guess we will want that guy gone and try someone else?

And no, this is not a keep BB thread. It is a why do you expect different results, over time, than any of the other coaches since joining the sec have provided.
What's Bielemas per year average?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jst01

Yes. If the next guy cant consistently win 8ish games a year with the occasional great season of 10+ wins after 5 or 6 seasons of trying, then you attempt to find someone else that can. And you keep trying to find the right fit.

Redhogs

Quote from: hogsanity on September 14, 2017, 10:38:31 am
You got an answer, or just one of the 5 Hogville fall backs when you have no way to refute what is said or provide answers?
Yes..hire another BP who is not BP. The current state of the program is not exceptable period.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Sed76 on September 14, 2017, 10:38:05 am
Winning 7 or 8 games a year is what we do. It's losing games to Toledo, blowing countless games we should have won, defense being historically bad and games like Auburn last year that have caused the Bielema backlash. Win the games you are supposed to and be competitive in the losses is not unreasonable.
I like this sentiment. With that said, I'd give him another year after this. We can't sharpen pitchforks after every game. TCU was clearly better than we were, and the idea that the team isn't always trying its hardest is insane. Go out there and beat A&M, and everyone will forget about TCU. Offensive line most likely is going to be awful again, but come on, it's two games.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Redhogs

Quote from: hogsanity on September 14, 2017, 10:38:31 am
Same could be said for your "we can't do any better" position.

hogsanity

But that is what 7-8 win type teams do. So you'd rather win 4 ooc games then go 3-5 in the SEC? What does it really matter how they get only 7 or 8 wins, it is still only 7 or 8 wins and a 3rd tier bowl.

This is what I do not get, now we have degrees of 7 or 8 wins. If they go 4-0 in ooc play and then 3-5 in the sec the complaint will be they can't win league games.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 14, 2017, 10:39:59 am
What's Bielemas per year average?
I'm willing to put money on the team not having a losing season after this year for a long time under Bielema. Average SEC recruiting and better defense will not equal 5-7. It may this year, though, as the receivers and line look terrible, and the defense is going to be tripping over itself half the season.
You can't demand change on defense and then get mad when it doesn't work immediately. That's just being childish.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

jkstock04

Lol someone let me know when Bielema is averaging 8 wins/year. That's not going to happen. This guy will go in all likelihood down as the worst coach we have had since joining the SEC.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Wildhog

Do we still have the ignore feature?  I've never used it before.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jcharkansas

Seriously, the same results, how quickly people forget. Petrino was not like this, he had a much better record.

bphi11ips

I by no means am in favor of a change until at least the end of the 2018 season.  However, how do you explain 2010 and 2011?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hogsanity

Quote from: jst01 on September 14, 2017, 10:40:18 am
Yes. If the next guy cant consistently win 8ish games a year with the occasional great season of 10+ wins after 5 or 6 seasons of trying, then you attempt to find someone else that can. And you keep trying to find the right fit.

Yea, that's been working out great here and every where else that tries a new guy every 5 years or so.

GunnerHawg70

I can honestly say that if CBB resigns or gets fired that Arkansas football will be at ground zero again and the Hog faithful will be up in arms no matter who they hire.  Arkansas has been average (at best) for the majority of years. Sure we've experienced a couple of magical seasons where the stars aligned but for the most part - an average SEC team.  We've always been the spoiler not the contender.  I'm no thrilled about the way CBB teams have under-performed and firmly believe if his team tanks this season he should be gone.  Now that I've gotten that out the way, a new HBC and coaching staff doesn't guarantee top recruits or SECCG title games let alone CFB NCG's.  heck, I can remember folks were complaining about CBP not having a defense to reach the SECCG and people were calling for a coaching change.  Until Arkansas can compete yearly with LSU, Bama, Aubbie, UGA, Florida and Tenner in the recruiting arms race, we will be that average team.  Just my thoughts...

jkstock04

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on September 14, 2017, 10:43:34 am
I'm willing to put money on the team not having a losing season after this year for a long time under Bielema. Average SEC recruiting and better defense will not equal 5-7. It may this year, though, as the receivers and line look terrible, and the defense is going to be tripping over itself half the season.
You can't demand change on defense and then get mad when it doesn't work immediately. That's just being childish.
Bielemas ceiling here is 8 wins. Very rarely do I make the "I can see the future" comments on here like most others do...but that's one I've been consistent on. 8 wins is his ceiling.

To the OP, if we are averaging 8 wins/year the whining and bitching will be at a minimal. I'm assuming if that's our average somewhere in the maybe twice per decade we will have 9 plus win seasons too.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

BigE_23

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 14, 2017, 10:44:18 am
I by no means am in favor of a change until at least the end of the 2018 season.  However, how do you explain 2010 and 2011?

Typically, it's explained away as a fluke period of incredible in-state talent of which Bobby Petrino isn't allowed to be given any credit for assembling and/or coaching.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Redhogs on September 14, 2017, 10:40:59 am
Yes..hire another BP who is not BP. The current state of the program is not exceptable period.

So who is that?

Wildhog

Quote from: BigE_23 on September 14, 2017, 10:47:28 am
Typically, it's explained away as a fluke period of incredible in-state talent of which Bobby Petrino isn't allowed to be given any credit for assembling and/or coaching.

And a "weak schedule," despite having the #5 SOS in the country in 2010.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 14, 2017, 10:43:44 am
Lol someone let me know when Bielema is averaging 8 wins/year. That's not going to happen. This guy will go in all likelihood down as the worst coach we have had since joining the SEC.

No, Smiley was the worst HBC we've had since joining the SEC...

hogsanity

The same way I explain 2006, 1998, 1989, 1988, 1979, 1977, 1965, 1964  EXCELLENT, far above average instate players signed a couple years before those dates with a couple out of state studs in key positions. That is what average programs do, they have one or 2 good years, then 3 or 4 not so good, then a couple that are middle of the road. The only difference BB has is that they have not had that one big year yet.

What continues to amaze me is how many people act like no coach here had ever won 10 games in s season or gone to a major bowl before 2010/11. Hatfield went to an Orange and 2 Cottons when those were still the 4 major NYD bowls. Holtz went to an Orange and a Sugar, JFB went to 2 Cottons, and a Sugar. All when those bowls were THE MAIN 4 BOWLS.

BigE_23

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 14, 2017, 10:45:29 am
I can honestly say that if CBB resigns or gets fired that Arkansas football will be at ground zero again and the Hog faithful will be up in arms no matter who they hire.  Arkansas has been average (at best) for the majority of years. Sure we've experienced a couple of magical seasons where the stars aligned but for the most part - an average SEC team.  We've always been the spoiler not the contender.  I'm no thrilled about the way CBB teams have under-performed and firmly believe if his team tanks this season he should be gone.  Now that I've gotten that out the way, a new HBC and coaching staff doesn't guarantee top recruits or SECCG title games let alone CFB NCG's.  heck, I can remember folks were complaining about CBP not having a defense to reach the SECCG and people were calling for a coaching change.  Until Arkansas can compete yearly with LSU, Bama, Aubbie, UGA, Florida and Tenner in the recruiting arms race, we will be that average team.  Just my thoughts...

I disagree whole-heartedly. I believe Bert is Danny Ford 2.0

There's talent on this team, the problem is that there isn't any desire or passion. This is a team without leadership. It's a rudderless vessel. The right guy could come in and motivate this team to 8-10 wins in year one.

I don't trust Jeffrey to find the right guy...let alone get rid of the wrong one that he hired in the first place.

311Hog

no we also do that as well. we blow alot of games we shouldn't Citadel ? Vandy at home? there are lots.

BigE_23

Quote from: hogsanity on September 14, 2017, 10:49:49 am
The same way I explain 2006, 1998, 1989, 1988, 1979, 1977, 1965, 1964  EXCELLENT, far above average instate players signed a couple years before those dates with a couple out of state studs in key positions.

Called it...

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: BigE_23 on September 14, 2017, 10:49:55 am
I disagree whole-heartedly. I believe Bert is Danny Ford 2.0

There's talent on this team, the problem is that there isn't any desire or passion. This is a team without leadership. It's a rudderless vessel. The right guy could come in and motivate this team to 8-10 wins in year one.

I don't trust Jeffrey to find the right guy...let alone get rid of the wrong one that he hired.

Brother, Danny Ford was terrible...no way in Hades are the two comparable in any form or fashion.

311Hog

what championship did we win in 2010 and 2011?  we came in 3rd my guy...

BigE_23

Quote from: 311Hog on September 14, 2017, 10:53:38 am

Yeah, that 21-5 two year record sucked, didn't it?? That top 5 finish was awful...and don't even get me started on that BCS bowl.

jst01

lost to #1 Bama and #7 Auburn (led by freakish Cam Newton).  A loss stings regardless, but those years of winning the games we were supposed to and taking it to the wire against the best of the best sure was fun..no?

311Hog

Quote from: BigE_23 on September 14, 2017, 10:55:43 am
Yeah, that 21-5 two year record sucked, didn't it?? That top 5 finish was awful...and don't even get me started on that BCS bowl.

no it didnt suck, but know what it did ? we got railed by Bama and Lsu, we lost the BCS bowl in silly fashion.

Nothing about that changes our narrative as a program the last 30 years.

RazorPiggie

Got that Cotton Bowl though but so does  HDN

311Hog

Quote from: jst01 on September 14, 2017, 10:57:11 am
lost to #1 Bama and #7 Auburn (led by freakish Cam Newton).  A loss stings regardless, but those years of winning the games we were supposed to and taking it to the wire against the best of the best sure was fun..no?

umm we didn't take it to the wire with Bama, LSU, and Cam's AUburn team they crushed us at least in 2011 they did others a bit closer.  But still "close" that is what you hear in our best years.

BigE_23

Quote from: 311Hog on September 14, 2017, 10:57:51 am
no it didnt suck, but know what it did ? we got railed by Bama and Lsu, we lost the BCS bowl in silly fashion.

Nothing about your feeble attempt at a deflection takes the focus off of the fact that Bert sucks and Petrino proved that Arkansas can be relevant in the SEC West.

jkstock04

Quote from: 311Hog on September 14, 2017, 10:57:51 am

You guys' narrative is tiresome. Petrino sucked and Bielema is "doing it the right way." I've read about i on here for 4 or 5 years now. Just doesn't hold water anymore.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogsanity

BP did a fine job coaching that group, but much of it was committed before BP came. He did a fine job getting Adams to flip, and it is unlikely RM would have transferred here without Bp being here and I know TW would not have come had HDN still been the coach.

But that does not change the fact that class was FAR ABOVE what AR HS football usually produces. I mean 3 NFL draft picks out of one HS in a town of fewer than 5,000 people does not happen very often. And all of them were skill players. Wright, Adams, Childs, TW, RM, Gragg, all players that fit BP's offense to a T.

hogsanity

Quote from: BigE_23 on September 14, 2017, 10:59:20 am
Nothing about your feeble attempt at a deflection takes the focus off of the fact that Bert sucks and Petrino proved that Arkansas can be relevant in the SEC West.

HDN and Ford proved that BEFORE BP was here. I swear some of you act like Hog football only started in 2009.

311Hog

Quote from: BigE_23 on September 14, 2017, 10:59:20 am

Dude i am not sure where you got my fact as anything for Beliema it has nothing to do with him.  He has underwhelmed during his tenure that record speaks for itself, but please don't try to act like 2010 2011 we were anything more than slightly above our average.

We got hammered by the elite, and won 1 bowl game that we have won before.  Same ground my friend different day.

jst01

Quote from: 311Hog on September 14, 2017, 10:59:12 am
umm we didn't take it to the wire with Bama, LSU, and Cam's AUburn team they crushed us.

go look at actual 2010 game information.  Hogs led #1 Bama going into the 4th qtr.  Hogs were neck and neck with Auburn at their place until mid-way into the 4th.  Oh and they also beat LSU that year.

hogsanity

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 14, 2017, 10:53:20 am
Brother, Danny Ford was terrible...no way in Hades are the two comparable in any form or fashion.

Ford recruited the team that HDN won big with in 1998. Ford knew the key was the lines and he had recruited well to both sides in the 1996 and 1997 classes.

jkstock04

Quote from: hogsanity on September 14, 2017, 11:01:45 am
HDN and Ford proved that BEFORE BP was here. I swear some of you act like Hog football only started in 2009.
What does that have to do with Bielema? So far he can't hold Nutts jock when it comes to coaching the Hogs.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Kevin

true statement if long is still here
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

Quote from: jst01 on September 14, 2017, 11:02:47 am
go look at actual 2010 game information.  Hogs led #1 Bama going into the 4th qtr.  Hogs were neck and neck with Auburn at their place until mid-way into the 4th.  Oh and they also beat LSU that year.

And lost at home to a Bama team that ended up losing 3 SEC games that season. The Hogs best team in who knows how long still found a way to lose to the teams they needed to beat to actually win something.

311Hog

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 14, 2017, 11:03:05 am
You give these losers too much credit.

That narrative never held water.

and that isn't may narrative so i don't give two pucks.  If Beliema got fired tomorrow i wouldn't personnally care, but that doesn't change the point of this thread or the fact the OP is right.  We fire him today we start over from scratch again, same ole song 3 decades + of average with a sprinkle of not so bad, but still not elite mixed in there.

Some of you want championships but will not suffer through what ever it takes to get one.  You think any coach X can come in and make it happen.  There are only maybe 3 or 4 coaches in the game today who could and none of them are walking through that door.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Redhogs on September 14, 2017, 10:40:59 am

I'd still like to know who this coach is?

hogsanity

But none of this answers the then what question. IS it the best course of action FOR ANY PROGRAM to just keep a revolving door at the HC spot WITHOUT changing anything else? At some point if coach after coach gets pretty much the same results, doesn't the program have to look at why that is?

Redhogs

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 14, 2017, 10:47:41 am
So who is that?
Oh I don't know, it's a country of 325,000,000 people, I think it's doable..you hire an up and coming coach who could not do any worse, would cost less $,  and AT LEAST would show some fire in the belly, something long missing from this program. You act like it's a gamble and we have something to lose at this point..we don't, except an over paid, clueless, head coach.

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on September 14, 2017, 11:05:25 am
and that isn't may narrative so i don't give two pucks.  If Beliema got fired tomorrow i wouldn't personnally care, but that doesn't change the point of this thread or the fact the OP is right.  We fire him today we start over from scratch again, same ole song 3 decades + of average with a sprinkle of not so bad, but still not elite mixed in there.

Some of you want championships but will not suffer through what ever it takes to get one.  You think any coach X can come in and make it happen.  There are only maybe 3 or 4 coaches in the game today who could and none of them are walking through that door.

I think a lot of people are finally seeing the answer, but to admit it would ruin their world.

311Hog

Quote from: Redhogs on September 14, 2017, 11:06:56 am
Oh I don't know, it's a country of 325,000,000 people, I think it's doable..you hire an up and coming coach who could not do any worse, would cost less $,  and AT LEAST would show some fire in the belly, something long missing from this program. You act like it's a gamble and we have something to lose at this point..we don't, except an over paid, clueless, head coach.

we do have something to lose about 15 million dollars and time.

Piggfoot

Must this be rehashed ad infinitum. Look at the 2010-11 rosters. Those teams had better Arkansas skill players than this present team.
The key to Arkansas' better teams. If we produce them we have a good team.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.