Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

H. Nutt weighs in on Razorbacks' current status

Started by WizardofhOgZ, September 15, 2017, 01:48:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Hambino

Quote from: Hawg414 on September 16, 2017, 01:40:37 pm
who is "you people?"  i certainly dont want him.  and dont know anyone in LR who wants him anywhere near the program.  that was the whole point... factchecker is making up facts rather than checking them... and is suggesting "all this love" for nutt is coming from LR.  just another attempt at a shot at LR, which is what many of "you people" are best at.

What the Frank are you talking about? You do understand that when you are the last person to comment in a thread, and someone on a tablet wants to reply, that when that person clicks the quote button to reply that they are instantly taken to the text input field, saving the need to scroll, and that it doesn't mean that post is directed at you. I don't give a darn about what you think and whatever justification you are trying to make about games being in Little Rock, nor people in the area and any perceived love or hate they may have for Nutt. WMS is a beaten horse and I'd rather drive from Tennessee to Fayetteville for every game even though it takes longer, simply to avoid having to see games in that dump in LR. Further, Nutt is a loser and doesn't deserve the bandwidth this message is transmitted on. That said, now you are certainly going to be included in the people who reply but haven't read this thread, otherwise you'd see posts here discussing how Nutt would be a better AD than long, presumably because he loves the helmet more. That's going to be a hard no on letting Nutt have anyone to do with the program ever again.

pigmania

Nutt got me fired up and I really didn't care much for him while he was here.

Hawg414

Quote from: The Great Hambino on September 16, 2017, 03:19:19 pm
What the Frank are you talking about? You do understand that when you are the last person to comment in a thread, and someone on a tablet wants to reply, that when that person clicks the quote button to reply that they are instantly taken to the text input field, saving the need to scroll, and that it doesn't mean that post is directed at you. I don't give a darn about what you think and whatever justification you are trying to make about games being in Little Rock, nor people in the area and any perceived love or hate they may have for Nutt. WMS is a beaten horse and I'd rather drive from Tennessee to Fayetteville for every game even though it takes longer, simply to avoid having to see games in that dump in LR. Further, Nutt is a loser and doesn't deserve the bandwidth this message is transmitted on. That said, now you are certainly going to be included in the people who reply but haven't read this thread, otherwise you'd see posts here discussing how Nutt would be a better AD than long, presumably because he loves the helmet more. That's going to be a hard no on letting Nutt have anyone to do with the program ever again.

soooo you quoted my comment, then responded.  yet i am an idiot for thinking you were responding to my comment you quoted??  thanks for the tip on how message boards work.  here's my tip for you on the same subject:  going forth, when intending to send a general response to the entire thread, go thru all the extra trouble of scrolling to the text input field, rather than replying to someones specific comment.  bc that gives the impression you are, you know, replying to someones specific comment.

also, nowhere in any of my comments have i mentioned games in WMS.  trust me, i'd bet the general consensus in these parts is that we are more done with them than you are. 

lastly, i'm not really sure what you are arguing.  i have agreed that no one i know of around here wants nutt to have anything to do with the hogs ever again.. even though nonfactchecker wants to make it a NWA vs LR thing. 

GuvHog

Quote from: The Great Hambino on September 16, 2017, 03:19:19 pm

Say what you want but I'd take Nutt (even with all his many warts) as AD instead of Jeff long any day.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

pigmania

It's interesting how people are forgiving of Nutt, with some wanting him back, but still can't stand Gus and never want him to coach here. Nutt did a hell of a lot more damage to this program than Gus ever did. Some of the brains of Razorback fan's are truly dead or on life support.

The Great Hambino

Quote from: Hawg414 on September 16, 2017, 03:42:31 pm
soooo you quoted my comment, then responded.  yet i am an idiot for thinking you were responding to my comment you quoted??  thanks for the tip on how message boards work.  here's my tip for you on the same subject:  going forth, when intending to send a general response to the entire thread, go thru all the extra trouble of scrolling to the text input field, rather than replying to someones specific comment.  bc that gives the impression you are, you know, replying to someones specific comment.

also, nowhere in any of my comments have i mentioned games in WMS.  trust me, i'd bet the general consensus in these parts is that we are more done with them than you are. 

lastly, i'm not really sure what you are arguing.  i have agreed that no one i know of around here wants nutt to have anything to do with the hogs ever again.. even though nonfactchecker wants to make it a NWA vs LR thing. 

We agree. That said, I'm still going to click the new button from the main MMQB forum, then clicking the quote button on whatever the first new post is,  to take me to the text input field, which happens to be yours. And I still don't care if you think I'm replying to you or not. That sounds like a 'you people' problem, and I'm a dick so... :)

The Great Hambino

Quote from: GuvHog on September 16, 2017, 03:46:20 pm
Say what you want but I'd take Nutt (even with all his many warts) as AD instead of Jeff long any day.

Good thing you aren't in charge.

Tusks

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 16, 2017, 03:45:51 pm
Fun fact: This is the 10th season since Nutt left. Nutt had a better record in his 10 years at Arkansas than the the 10 years since he left, and also the 10 years before he arrived. He had 6 seasons at arkansas where he won 8 or more games. The 10 years since we have had 4, and the 10 years before he came we had 3. Just some perspective.

And BP had 3 of those 4, 8 win seasons.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

PonderinHog

I'll let Ron White speak for me...

MrKnowItAll

tusksincolorado

Quote from: The Great Hambino on September 16, 2017, 03:57:22 pm
Good thing you aren't in charge.

You mean "THANK GOD" Guv is not in charge!!!

Nuttless....OH PLEASE!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Justifiable Hogicide

j-mann

nice guy   

but  i would leave any job in the country   for Arkansas   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

woodhog14

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 16, 2017, 12:02:04 am
Vanderbilt had Jay Cutler when Nutt lost to them.

That loss for Nutt is actually not as bad as losing to Rutgers, Toledo, and Texas Tech.

It is all a matter of perspective.
Here's perspective for you. Nutt lost to that Vandy team that had Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler and that Vandy team went 5-7. It's a bad loss.

lilredheadedlady

Hire Nutt to be a cheerleader.  Nothing else.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

gangstaback

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on September 16, 2017, 02:43:49 pm
Nutt compares favorably to Bielema, actually a little better. Neither as good as Petrino.

Coming from the dark days of the 90s of Razorback football, Nutt was exactly what was needed in 1998. An enthusiastic, energetic guy who loved the Hogs. I'll always look fondly on his decade for that reason. It was mostly an era of relevance and rejuvenation after some bad moments the previous decade. I had forgotten how much fun college football can be until 1998-99. Most of my visits to away games in the SEC came in those years.

I generally don't think it's a good idea to recycle coaches, and Petrino showed there are guys out there that are clearly better than Nutt, so you know you would be 'settling' to bring him back.

We got Petrino because he wanted to come back to CFB from a bad situation. That was a whole bunch of luck and money. I dont think Arkansas is capable of such a hire without the same ... luck and money ... which given the buyout situation Jeff Long put us in, removes the latter.

We are in the same situation LSU was last year and look where they got. Sadly have to sit here and watch another mediocre season. Maybe next year or maybe LSU, ATM, and Auburn truly suck that bad we will look good.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 15, 2017, 02:07:22 pm
Bret outta bring HDN into to the locker room before the A&M game and get these boys fired up
I'm for this.
A little Hootie Hoo to light the fire.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Sivad

Hootie is much more connected forever to Ole Miss now.
Let it stay that way. Keep him away from the Razorbacks.

riccoar

Phuck Houston Nutt. He can keep his interest with his alumni, Okie Lite, and all things Oxford.
A man should NEVER be let back across the threshhold of a house he attempted to commit arson on.

aloha_kid

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on September 15, 2017, 01:48:59 pm
https://soundcloud.com/1037thebuzz/houston-nutt-on-the-swnn-9-13-2017

He's right, as much as it pains me to say that, but I think everyone already noticed us being flat and uninspired.  Hopefully that changes this weekend.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: riccoar on September 17, 2017, 07:02:04 pm
Phuck Houston Nutt. He can keep his interest with his alumni, Okie Lite, and all things Oxford.
A man should NEVER be let back across the threshhold of a house he attempted to commit arson on.
thank you!   my feelings exactly...........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)