Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cole Kelley - updated ranking

Started by Thepigdoctor, June 29, 2015, 03:03:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Thepigdoctor

ESPN now has him as a 4 star. The scouting report is for insiders, but in summary they talk about his great arm strength, ability to make all the throws. Powerful runner who shows just enough quickness to navigate the pocket under duress. Needs to work on his footwork, notably on the underneath throws as his powerful stride/follow through can cause the ball to sail. They mostly praise his accuracy and arm strength on deep throws, but as stated, make note that he can make all the throws with accuracy.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/208405/cole-kelley

The_Iceman

WPS! Glad he is getting recognized.

wholehog92

Cool.  Congrats to the kid.  Looks like if he can move up over 6 pocket passing QBs he should get on the ESPN top 300.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

wholehog92

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 29, 2015, 03:38:57 pm
mallett with legs??

I'm going to let him get on campus and play a down or two before I say something like that.  Mallett was ranked much higher as a QB (not a TE) coming out of HS.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Adam Stokes

Just the change in the ESPN ranking bumped him up in the 247 composite from #39 pro-QB to #26.  Hopefully the others will start to come around as well.

ZERO

Yeah, specifically Scout. I don't know what their deal is with the 2* rating.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

HOGINTENNESSEE

Not surprised. This kid has NFL level arm talent.

I'm sure he has fundamental flaws. But I'd rather or take a kid with unlimited potential arm strength wise than someone with good fundamentals that can't physically can't make all the throws

HoggusMaximus

They have him listed at 6'7 Jesus.....

sickboy

MissippHog

GB-Razorback

Quote from: MissippHog on June 29, 2015, 05:10:52 pm
No way Jesus was that tall.

I think he mean 6lbs 7oz little baby Jesus!
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

HoggusMaximus

Hawgzinbowlz

Good for Cole. Looking forward to seeing what he can do when SEC defenses, with their hair on fire, have him in their sights.
Coach Pittman should build a wall for him.

" GO HOGS "

jackflash

6-7 246 heck we haven't had too many DE that's size much less QB

ICEman

Quote from: ZERO on June 29, 2015, 04:36:10 pm
Yeah, specifically Scout. I don't know what their deal is with the 2* rating.
Does a 2* mean they (recruiting entity) have not completed a full eval of the prospect?
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

jgphillips3

Sweet.  Does this mean we are slowly moving into the territory where when we recruit a kid his stars go up instead of down?  If so, we may be arriving. :)

ZERO

Quote from: ICEman on June 29, 2015, 08:30:40 pm
Does a 2* mean they (recruiting entity) have not completed a full eval of the prospect?

That's Rival's policy, but not Scout's. I think Rival has one, maybe two of our commits rated 2*, but that should change.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Tusks

Is he a lock?  i remember when he committed and there was chatter than LSU fans were bummed that Les didn't recruit him.  He's right in there back yard.

I hope after he blows up this year and ends up rated one of the top 20 QB's in the country that LSU and their recruiting machine $$$$ doesn't try and flip him.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Adam Stokes

Quote from: tusked on June 30, 2015, 01:16:29 am
Is he a lock?  i remember when he committed and there was chatter than LSU fans were bummed that Les didn't recruit him.  He's right in there back yard.

I hope after he blows up this year and ends up rated one of the top 20 QB's in the country that LSU and their recruiting machine $$$$ doesn't try and flip him.

Right now LSU has committed to them the #1 dual-threat QB in the country.  So unless they wanted to take two QB's in the class, it would take a lot of dominoes falling IMO for Cole to flip to LSU.

Cinco de Hogo

Uh oh!

Looking at that pic reminds me of a comment BB made about Jackson the D-lineman.

Ya'll remember?

Lineman for sure.

redeye

Quote from: Adam Stokes on June 30, 2015, 08:42:49 am
Right now LSU has committed to them the #1 dual-threat QB in the country.  So unless they wanted to take two QB's in the class, it would take a lot of dominoes falling IMO for Cole to flip to LSU.

Plus they have that transfer from Purdue, who'll be eligible for 2 more years when Kelley's a freshman.

BigSexyHog

Can Jesus Christ hit a curve ball?  Harris from major league seemed to think so.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Killean

Quote from: TexHog188 on June 29, 2015, 05:15:11 pm
I don't know, He looks pretty tall?

but can he throw a perfect spiral?

Walking on Water doesn't help much unless a game is really rainy
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

flipperpig

Easiest throw in football is the deep ball.  I said this all the time with Mallett.  This kid reminds me a lot of Mallett.  Hope he is more accurate on the short ones.  Mallett also sailed a lot of passes.  How Rivals doesnt have him a 4 star is beyond me.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: flipperpig on July 01, 2015, 01:20:54 pm
Easiest throw in football is the deep ball. 

Only if you have the arm strength. Which I would argue most don't

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Lord, forgive us for making jokes with this dreamed up image of you from the middle ages, and be with those starving natives in deepest darkest New Guinea...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

redeye

July 01, 2015, 10:43:30 pm #29 Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:17:46 am by redeye
Easiest throw in football is the deep ball.  I said this all the time with Mallett.  This kid reminds me a lot of Mallett.  Hope he is more accurate on the short ones.  Mallett also sailed a lot of passes.  How Rivals doesnt have him a 4 star is beyond me.

Mallett could throw a tight spiral deep, with a very high level of accuracy, and I think that's worth more then many seem to believe.

flipperpig

Quote from: redeye on July 01, 2015, 10:43:30 pm
Mallett could throw a tight spiral deep, with a very high level of accuracy, and I think that's worth more then many seem to believe.
Apparently not the NFL

wholehog92

Quote from: flipperpig on July 02, 2015, 01:32:14 pm
Apparently not the NFL

3.5 mill a year is nothing I can afford to sneeze at.

TexHog188

I think the short shuttle pass is much easier and has a much higher completion percentage than a deep ball.  But that's just me.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

King Kong

Quote from: flipperpig on July 02, 2015, 01:32:14 pm
Apparently not the NFL

Tell that to Joe Haden and the Browns who he shredded.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jackflash on June 29, 2015, 07:09:39 pm

6-7 246 heck we haven't had too many DE that's size much less QB

Yep.  When he's in there on a running play in a one back set.....he could be the fullback...
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

flipperpig

Quote from: King Kong on July 02, 2015, 07:25:06 pm
Tell that to Joe Haden and the Browns who he shredded.
Ok you call 200 yards shredding?

King Kong

Quote from: flipperpig on July 03, 2015, 06:43:37 pm
Ok you call 200 yards shredding?

Absolutely when it is accompanyed 67% completion percentage and 2.06 average time per pass attempt. Which absolutely ridiculous time per pass attempt.

Texans ran the ball the majority of second half as the game was basically out of hand.