Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How would you rate Jimmy's first class?

Started by nwahogfan1, April 21, 2015, 01:12:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

de Paulo is now no longer on the roster either. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Three and Snout on June 29, 2015, 08:34:45 pm
I haven't been watching the roster to know if she was ever listed before, but she's not listed now.  http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/w-baskbl/roster/?season=2015-16

if you were referring to de Paulo, yes she was on the roster as was Bailey at one time.  Its down to twelve, likely to go lower. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

jackflash

well that's just a Bumper. Guess its going to be harder for Jimmy than I hoped?

flippinhogmana

Of the twelve you have on there now, I look for DD West to either take a medical hardship and not play, or at least be limited and not get much play or practice time.  Simply put, I believe if she was the player that she once was, she would have been a good college player, but it doesn't look like to me that she has ever played with full mobility and without pain since she has been here, except for brief stretches.  She re-injured her knee recently I am told, so a medical hardship is not out of the question.  Its good that Michael got signed by OKC, that should help their family.  Their isn't much she can do with a bad wheel.  I wish her a full recovery, I think she could have been a good player, but I also don't want to see her suffer either of wind up with a knee replacement when she gets older.

Tatiyana Smith didnt finish her last semester at Arkansas Baptist so eligibility was always going to be a question with her same as it was with de Paulo.  I'm hearing maybe January before she is eligible, hope for better but dont be terribly surprised or disappointed if that turns out to be the case.  Happy if otherwise.

So twelve well bodied, eligible to start practice is maybe an optimistic number right now.  There is also at least one more question mark on the final roster, but then again, the staff might pull a rabbit out of the hat on the plus side.  A transfer or two of quality are still out there.  Haven't heard anything, but its possible. 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 30, 2015, 03:38:12 pm
Of the twelve you have on there now, I look for DD West to either take a medical hardship and not play, or at least be limited and not get much play or practice time.  Simply put, I believe if she was the player that she once was, she would have been a good college player, but it doesn't look like to me that she has ever played with full mobility and without pain since she has been here, except for brief stretches.  She re-injured her knee recently I am told, so a medical hardship is not out of the question.  Its good that Michael got signed by OKC, that should help their family.  Their isn't much she can do with a bad wheel.  I wish her a full recovery, I think she could have been a good player, but I also don't want to see her suffer either of wind up with a knee replacement when she gets older.

Tatiyana Smith didnt finish her last semester at Arkansas Baptist so eligibility was always going to be a question with her same as it was with de Paulo.  I'm hearing maybe January before she is eligible, hope for better but dont be terribly surprised or disappointed if that turns out to be the case.  Happy if otherwise.

So twelve well bodied, eligible to start practice is maybe an optimistic number right now.  There is also at least one more question mark on the final roster, but then again, the staff might pull a rabbit out of the hat on the plus side.  A transfer or two of quality are still out there.  Haven't heard anything, but its possible. 
Why would Smith not finish her last semester at Baptist?   If she thinks Baptist is hard then wait until she starts attending UA.  I figure she will not last long.  Darn.   Also Sorry to hear about de Paulo.  That is two JUCOs down.  Maybe Jimmy can bring in one or two transfers this summer who can help in 2016-17 season.  I love this recruiting class but two JUCO bigs not making it here will damper it for me a little especially knowing competition at practice and for playing time will not be as good.