Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 SEC Football schedule released at 2pm

Started by ricepig, September 19, 2017, 12:44:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

go hogues

Quote from: jcul28 on September 19, 2017, 05:09:02 pm
So say they get back from Auburn the day after the play(Sept. 23), they don't go back on the road until November 16 or 17? Wow!
Vandy in LR...

;)
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Al Boarland

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 19, 2017, 02:30:28 pm
I like the OOC schedule.  No P5, but that's not Long's fault.  Tulsa and North Texas share some history with us and generate regional interest.  EIU is a one of the better FCS programs.  CSU has a beautiful new stadium, and the aspens start to turn in early September.  Got to be nicer to rice here and hope I can hitch a ride on the King Air to the cj-sez kegger.

CBB has been gifted a golden opportunity to win 8 games next season.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Athog

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: rzrbkman on September 19, 2017, 03:21:33 pm
Do you know of some other FBS teams that will not require a return home game?

What's wrong with playing the return home game?

factchecker

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 19, 2017, 08:55:08 pm
What's wrong with playing the return home game?

Lost revenue.  Home games net millions in revenue.  You also lose money when you have to travel.

You pay FCS ball clubs to play you so you don't have to lose a home game via a return game.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

JaketheSnake

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 19, 2017, 02:33:09 pm
I do like playing Tulsa.  Descent regional opponent.  I'd like to see us start playing SMU now and then also.  Tulane would be a good one.
Havent you been paying attention around here? We want no part of SMU.  They'd beat the socks off us according to some.

rzrbkman

Quote from: factchecker on September 19, 2017, 08:57:46 pm
Lost revenue.  Home games net millions in revenue.  You also lose money when you have to travel.

You pay FCS ball clubs to play you so you don't have to lose a home game via a return game.

This! Arkansas does not need to play more than one non-conference road game every 2 years. The Hogs already give up a conference home game every 2 years by playing in Dallas.

3kgthog

That schedule is tailor made for a 9 win season. It hasn't looked less bumpy in years! Too bad we'll be stuck with a lame duck coach while breaking in a new QB.