Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danny Hamblin

Started by WilsonHog, April 22, 2007, 08:04:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

April 22, 2007, 08:04:26 am Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 08:08:48 am by WilsonHog
From the looks of things around here, Danny could have starred in one of those old American Express commercials. "Do you know me?"

For those buried in non-seasonal sports, Hamblin is a Razorback baseball player. He will go down as one of the finest hitters in Arkansas history.

Hamblin was 2-for-4 against Georgia yesterday with two home runs and three RBIs, which raised his season totals to 14 home runs and 44 RBIs. He's raised his average almost 100 points (to .279) since SEC play started. In fact, Danny is hitting .348 in SEC games with eight home runs and 19 RBIs.

Danny has 49 career home runs, second in Razorback history. He's seven behind Ryan Lundquist.

Hamblin has 203 career RBIs, third in Razorback history. Lundquist had 233 RBIs and Jeff King had 204.

Hamblin's mark of 472 total bases is second only to Lunquist's record of 538.     

Brand X Hog Fan

Man, that was nice when he got that homer in the tenth yesterday! I was really starting to sweat it a little. Is there enough time for Danny to get the HR record?
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on April 22, 2007, 08:46:16 am
Man, that was nice when he got that homer in the tenth yesterday! I was really starting to sweat it a little. Is there enough time for Danny to get the HR record?

He's on a tear, so maybe so. We've got 14 regular season games left, then the SEC Tournament and the NCAA Tournament.

351hog

How many career strikeouts does he have?  I dont have my media guide handy, but I'm thinking he was up there towards the top for career and season totals.  I think he is a great player, but he does strike out too much. 

PorcineSublime

One thing Chuck mentioned yesterday, when Ryan got that record, the bats were more "live". They changed the rules a few years back to bring the performance of aluminum bats closer to wooden bats. Danny is going to do well in the pros. He has a great glove as well as bat. I really hope that we do go to Omaha considering how much he and Jake gave up ($$$$$) to come back this year. 
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: 351hog on April 22, 2007, 09:03:49 am
How many career strikeouts does he have?  I dont have my media guide handy, but I'm thinking he was up there towards the top for career and season totals.  I think he is a great player, but he does strike out too much. 

I don't know the stats on that either. He has greatly improved during the conference season this year. The thing I like about him is you can count on him in the clutch, offensively and defensively. I sure hope we can take the series today. 3 hours till gametime!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Bomis Hawg

Danny freakin' Hamblin.
That's a Razorback.  Lose a lead.  He had Arkansas' back.  Heck of a finish.
It wasn't Brady Toops-esque.  Still pretty good nonetheless.
Between Hamblin, Duggar, Forsythe, and Schmidt.  This team has some solid players.

Here we come Omaha!

coach, my back hurts

Quote from: 351hog on April 22, 2007, 09:03:49 am

Him and Dugger both are the top of that list. 

Butler had some great hitters at Bama and has some here, but they seem to struggle a lot though.  Early this yr and last yr during the Regionals.  But overall, this is the best lineup DVH has had.  But even at that, we only have a few guys hitting over .300.  Teams like OleMiss and SCAR have about as many guys hitting .370 or higher as we have guys hitting .300 or higher.