Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Year of the Dog

Started by hawkeyefan17, April 21, 2007, 07:09:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeyefan17

I just bought "Year of the Dog" and plan on reading it soon. I was curious what everyone here thought of it.

TransAmHawg

A very good read. It shows you why Gus, MM, DW, BC, AN are  considered good people. They are!
The reporter at the press conference was Bo Mattingly. You'll want to know that.

It shows what they are made of and how they got the job done.  FIRE THE DORK will come to mind at some point.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

hogs25

Unless your from SD, why even bother now?  It would just make me that much madder knowing what could've been...

TheNuttlessFrontier

But, guys, Rick Schaeffer says we've turned a corner.

PIGINAPOKE

Good read..But we all know the outcome of it.

Sad to see the chump is still on the hill.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

hawkeyefan17

I suppose it is a little late in the game for me to be buying it but I am interested in reading about the recruitment process that the Springdale 5 went through. I recently took a class taught by Bartley Webb's mom at NWACC and I was wanting to see how the Webb's were treated by the writer considering Bartley did not choose to go to Arkansas. I don't know if that is even a relevant part of the book but I am curious to find out.

By the way, Mrs. Webb is awesome. I really enjoyed her class.

Silver Hog

Anybody have one they want to sell and get paid via paypal?  I'll offer 15 dollars shipped.  Just PM me.  I'd like to read this book.

moses_007

hawkeyefan17

Kurt Voight wrote the book, he works for the Morning News of Northwest Arkansas.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on April 22, 2007, 12:50:25 am
Kurt Voight wrote the book, he works for the Morning News of Northwest Arkansas.

They're screwing with you...

Old story.

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

PorcineSublime

I think you will find it an enjoyable read. It is more about the kids and the season they had. There are only a few Nutt references and a few references to other coaches. It is mostly about Springdale's FB season of 05. Some heartwarming stories and it gives insight to the character of these kids and Gus(as previously stated).
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

pigfeet