Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on May 24, 2017, 09:41:03 am
Why?

Maybe because the players really like the one in the new football center. What's wrong with uniformity??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on May 24, 2017, 11:28:58 am
Maybe because the players really like the one in the new football center. What's wrong with uniformity??

Different uses and needs, they'll wire the game day locker room for when they'll be able to use videos at halftime, they use meeting rooms in the football center. Obviously the coaching staff thinks they need to make it different than the Smith Center locker room, but I'm sure as usual, you know better. 

GuvHog

May 24, 2017, 11:54:35 am #252 Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:17:26 am by GuvHog
Quote from: ricepig on May 24, 2017, 11:38:22 am
Different uses and needs, they'll wire the game day locker room for when they'll be able to use videos at halftime, they use meeting rooms in the football center. Obviously the coaching staff thinks they need to make it different than the Smith Center locker room. 

Agreed, they'll definitely need areas for viewing videos but I wasn't counting that as part of the locker room. Your point is well made though.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: ricepig on May 24, 2017, 11:38:22 am
Different uses and needs, they'll wire the game day locker room for when they'll be able to use videos at halftime, they use meeting rooms in the football center. Obviously the coaching staff thinks they need to make it different than the Smith Center locker room, but I'm sure as usual, you know better. 

He phoned a booster friend.

bp

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on May 26, 2017, 11:47:53 am
https://twitter.com/ChrisFreet/status/868134562332905476

Put a big old running Hog on the back of that south scoreboard and light it up and that sight would bring grown men to cry when driving up topping the hill on the interstate and seeing it!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BorderPatrol on May 24, 2017, 01:40:51 pm
He phoned a booster friend.

bp

Or a former BOT member.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 27, 2017, 12:07:28 pm
Put a big old running Hog on the back of that south scoreboard and light it up and that sight would bring grown men to cry when driving up topping the hill on the interstate and seeing it!

Motion seconded
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on May 27, 2017, 06:49:27 pm
Motion seconded
I'll third it. Then name the departure procedure from Drake the Hog 1

RazorPiggie

Completely agree. You'd be able to see that thing from West Fork.

GuvHog

That would indeed be awesome, I agree.

Sivad

Excellent idea....

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Hey Jeff Long, make this happen and we'll get off your back about alcohol at the games!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

dchoss

does anyone know which outdoor college football stadium has the most indoor seats? 
if you don't stand behind our troops by all means 'feel free' to stand in front of them

GuvHog

Quote from: dchoss on May 30, 2017, 08:08:34 am
does anyone know which outdoor college football stadium has the most indoor seats? 

That's a good question. I wouldn't be surprised if once the latest expansion is completed, Arkansas holds the record. DWRRS will have a massive amount of indoor seating.

dchoss

Quote from: GuvHog on May 30, 2017, 09:53:46 am
That's a good question. I wouldn't be surprised if once the latest expansion is completed, Arkansas holds the record. DWRRS will have a massive amount of indoor seating.
that's what I was thinking,  DWRRS has a lot of indoor seats,  I have searched and searched and have not been able to find out
if you don't stand behind our troops by all means 'feel free' to stand in front of them

TebowHater

Quote from: NWAHog479 on April 12, 2017, 09:18:18 am
Those are beams that will be used to support the frame, you won't be able to see the columns when the concrete is poured.

This is an interesting point. One thing I had heard rumors of, though, was that the East Indoor Club (tons of indoor seating) is being taken out and replaced with suites. Is this true? If so, we may have actually have fewer indoor seats than before.

ricepig

Quote from: TebowHater on May 30, 2017, 08:32:09 pm
This is an interesting point. One thing I had heard rumors of, though, was that the East Indoor Club (tons of indoor seating) is being taken out and replaced with suites. Is this true? If so, we may have actually have fewer indoor seats than before.

No, they are taking out some East outdoor seating in order to make the Founders Suites. At one time, it was going from about 25 to 25 yard line. I don't know what the current plans are.

goodguytex

Since the other thread where updates to the renovation at RRS got sent to the trash, I thought it would be a great idea to bump this one.

Live video feed of the cameras keeping up with construction is on page 1 of this thread.

goodguytex

Hopefully this one can stay around page 1.

goodguytex

Hog N Bama

So are they still sticking with plans for that awkward, ridiculous, standing room only section that makes it look like we ran out of money during construction?  :puke:

ricepig

Quote from: Hog N Bama on May 31, 2017, 04:36:37 pm
So are they still sticking with plans for that awkward, ridiculous, standing room only section that makes it look like we ran out of money during construction?  :puke:

No, they are sticking to that plan to leave the ability to look into the stadium on the drive from Maple down Stadium Dr.

Hawgar The Horrible

Are you volunteering to pick up the tab to have it completely bowled in or just running your mouth?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: longpig on February 03, 2017, 05:05:17 pm
And Sherman wasn't half the coach that Sumlin is.
/s?

I mean, 3 straight NFC North titles. They don't hand those out. I would say maybe he wasn't the same recruiter Sumlin is.

FANONTHEHILL

You would be surprised to see how many people go to the northeast corner and take pictures year round. They wanted to preserve that.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: goodguytex on May 31, 2017, 09:19:45 am
Since the other thread where updates to the renovation at RRS got sent to the trash, I thought it would be a great idea to bump this one.

Live video feed of the cameras keeping up with construction is on page 1 of this thread.

Quote from: goodguytex on May 31, 2017, 09:20:27 am
Hopefully this one can stay around page 1.

It was on page 1, not in the trash.
Go Hogs Go!

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on February 02, 2017, 06:01:43 pm
I love the updates and what they are doing with the stadium, but I have to admit sometimes I do get nostalgic about the stadium I remember in the 70s and 80s when I was a kid.  That view of the mountains to the south was awesome.
This looks like the 80s. In the 70s, we played rugby just to the south of the stadium.

EFBAB

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Where are the offices right now?

EFBAB

ricepig

ridgehog88

guess with this design the wave is out

The_Iceman

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on May 31, 2017, 06:06:48 pm
You would be surprised to see how many people go to the northeast corner and take pictures year round. They wanted to preserve that.

For now. It is designed where it can be closed in completely if demand calls for it.

sasnakrafan

So I remember reading that the land that DWRRS sits on actually had a clause written in by the original landowner. Not sure who she was, bUT the lady that deeded the land over to the university asked that the view to the northern "mountain" be preserved. The original owner was fond of the view and keep in mind, this was in the late 1800s/early 1900s so if you could imagine the land without the Tyson Poultry Science Building, the Quads, Hotz Hall... I could imagine it being actually a pretty sight.

So with that history lesson/urban legend, I wonDer if the university is honoring the agreement while also claiming it as a P.R. move by saying it's a tradition to allow students and visitors to take pictures from the NE side.

Has anyone heard any truth to this or did I get suckered?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on February 02, 2017, 06:01:43 pm
I love the updates and what they are doing with the stadium, but I have to admit sometimes I do get nostalgic about the stadium I remember in the 70s and 80s when I was a kid.  That view of the mountains to the south was awesome.

Still are to those of us who love the upperdeck

ricepig

Quote from: sasnakrafan on May 31, 2017, 11:09:42 pm
So I remember reading that the land that DWRRS sits on actually had a clause written in by the original landowner. Not sure who she was, bUT the lady that deeded the land over to the university asked that the view to the northern "mountain" be preserved. The original owner was fond of the view and keep in mind, this was in the late 1800s/early 1900s so if you could imagine the land without the Tyson Poultry Science Building, the Quads, Hotz Hall... I could imagine it being actually a pretty sight.

So with that history lesson/urban legend, I wonDer if the university is honoring the agreement while also claiming it as a P.R. move by saying it's a tradition to allow students and visitors to take pictures from the NE side.

Has anyone heard any truth to this or did I get suckered?

I would suspect you were suckered in.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on May 30, 2017, 08:43:22 pm
No, they are taking out some East outdoor seating in order to make the Founders Suites. At one time, it was going from about 25 to 25 yard line. I don't know what the current plans are.

I saw an estimate of 17 suites, with 5 committed.. that was a year ago.. do you know anything beyond that, and if they didn't get enough commitments .. I think they were hoping 40 mil+?  would they pull the plug on that project? 

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on June 01, 2017, 08:56:44 am
I saw an estimate of 17 suites, with 5 committed.. that was a year ago.. do you know anything beyond that, and if they didn't get enough commitments .. I think they were hoping 40 mil+?  would they pull the plug on that project? 

From my understanding, I thought it was 10 Founder's Suites at around $3M or so. There was an article recently that stated 6 Founder's Suites to be on the east side.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Wanted to put the speed of the stadium construction into perspective. This the 1st picture is exactly one month ago (May 1) and the second picture is today.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on May 31, 2017, 06:33:45 pm
BWA

Might as well keep em there. Most underutilized building in the whole athletic department. Nobody else goes in that building very often anymore..................................

GuvHog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 01, 2017, 12:37:51 pm
Wanted to put the speed of the stadium construction into perspective. This the 1st picture is exactly one month ago (May 1) and the second picture is today.

Note that the car on the street to the right of the construction is in exactly the same spot in both pictures and appears to be the same car. Are you sure that isn't the same picture posted twice??

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on June 01, 2017, 12:47:45 pm
Note that the car on the street to the right of the construction is in exactly the same spot in both pictures and appears to be the same car. Are you sure that isn't the same picture posted twice??

That's BP's left-over loaner car.............................been there ever since he left.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on June 01, 2017, 12:47:45 pm

Put your glasses on.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 01, 2017, 12:49:34 pm
Put your glasses on.

I did. That's how I noticed the car and why I asked if that was the same picture posted twice. Now he has it correct.

Tai_Mai_Shu

I wonder if there is an incentive for them to finish in a certain time frame. They are really doing a nice job.

FraggleHog

Steel goes up quick... Anyone that's built a house or other structure knows that the frame of the building goes up very fast... it's the plumbing/ electricity / interior / fixtures that take forever...

Not saying it is going slow at all... I'm sure they're on task... Just saying that when the frame starts going up, it starts to take shape very quickly...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

ricepig

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 01, 2017, 02:50:33 pm
Steel goes up quick... Anyone that's built a house or other structure knows that the frame of the building goes up very fast... it's the plumbing/ electricity / interior / fixtures that take forever...

Not saying it is going slow at all... I'm sure they're on task... Just saying that when the frame starts going up, it starts to take shape very quickly...

Thus the summer of 2018 completion.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 01, 2017, 02:55:11 pm
Thus the summer of 2018 completion.

Agreed. The outside work and the structure gets done pretty quick but it's the inside work that will really slow them down.

RazorPiggie

Yep you can frame 3000sqft house in a week (weather depending) but after that it REALLY slows down.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: RazorPiggie on June 01, 2017, 03:30:55 pm
Yep you can frame 3000sqft house in a week (weather depending) but after that it REALLY slows down.

Doesn't slow down, just the work that still needs to be completed is not nearly as visual.