Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 22, 2018, 05:25:42 pm
Sorry I haven't kept up. Will this be completed this year?

Yup supposed to be done before game 1. Can't wait.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

bphi11ips

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 22, 2018, 12:55:38 pm
Yeah, we better hope that hawk doesn't have a video camera on it somewhere. They better hope we don't have their crew working on the elevators in that new section..

Looks more like a pigeon to me. Homing pigeon?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on February 22, 2018, 05:39:22 pm
Yup supposed to be done before game 1. Can't wait.
Awesome thank you!

Cotton

Quote from: FraggleHog on February 22, 2018, 04:04:16 pm
Cue the "Our Turf looks Crappy on TV" comments in 3....2.....
I mean it does....
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Cotton on February 23, 2018, 08:12:41 am
I mean it does....
No it doesn't, and theres nothing wrong with the font on our jerseys. People just have to have something to complain about  ::)
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Cotton

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 23, 2018, 08:48:29 am
No it doesn't, and theres nothing wrong with the font on our jerseys. People just have to have something to complain about  ::)
I haven't complained about the font, even though its not my favorite.

But the turf looks awful on TV. Idk if it's the angle of the lights hitting it or what

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

ricepig

Quote from: Cotton on February 23, 2018, 09:14:16 am

But the turf looks awful on TV. Idk if it's the angle of the lights hitting it or what

I think it's the lights, the turf looks fine except for night games, too shiny??

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 22, 2018, 12:54:45 pm
So you won't be needing my pond this fall?  Thank goodness; the fish were complaining about the smell last year.

Pool.......pond.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on February 23, 2018, 09:17:35 am
I think it's the lights, the turf looks fine except for night games, too shiny??

They are elimating flood lights to save money to pay for the expansion. New requirement.....all fans attending a night game must use their smartphone flashlight to light the field.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

justmakeit2thebcs

Coach Morris wants speed, turf is faster than grass and allows for more practice inside the stadium.  We will be staying with turf.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on February 23, 2018, 09:40:11 am
Coach Morris wants speed, turf is faster than grass and allows for more practice inside the stadium.  We will be staying with turf.

Both teams have to play on the same surface. No advantage either way.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Cotton on February 23, 2018, 09:14:16 am

Well, with the crap that was on display on that field the past few years, that may have something to do with it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

February 23, 2018, 10:01:43 am #1512 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 01:57:53 pm by OneTuskOverTheLine™
Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 23, 2018, 08:48:29 am
Pretty sure we bitched about the "Changes" that were forced down our throats at the time the ram rod left it's holster. We liked the way things were. Slobbering hog, uniforms, the Hog leaning on the A etc... We didn't need a special font.! The world has too many of them already.
Look... If I get my family all packed up for a vacation and take them to Pine Bluff when we've been going to Lake Catherine every year, and they bitch about it; Who's the A-hole..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Cotton

Quote from: ricepig on February 23, 2018, 09:17:35 am
Probably so. I've noticed a few other teams have that trouble too.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

OneTuskOverTheLine™

My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

NoogaHog

February 23, 2018, 02:17:21 pm #1515 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 02:32:40 pm by NoogaHog
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 23, 2018, 10:01:43 am
Pretty sure we bitched about the "Changes" that were forced down our throats at the time the ram rod left it's holster. We liked the way things were. Slobbering hog, uniforms, the Hog leaning on the A etc... We didn't need a special font.! The world has too many of them already.
Look... If I get my family all packed up for a vacation and take them to Pine Bluff when we've been going to Lake Catherine every year, and they bitch about it; Who's the A-hole..?

I'm not sure what your point is. This is my hometown. Who wouldn't want to be there?

https://youtu.be/iyMcSHS4oww
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

NoogaHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 23, 2018, 02:01:50 pm

Holy cow! Somebody call Jerruh and Sam's kids! Let's pony up for that bad boy! Think of all the Frito Pies and Pepsi's that Twist could sell with the ads running on the field during the game. This was obviously a missed opportunity by our previous AD.

ALL. THE. PETIT. JEAN. MEATS!!!

(BTW, is this a real thing? Because it sounds like something out of a Mike Judge movie)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 23, 2018, 02:17:21 pm
I'm not sure what your point is. This is my hometown. Who wouldn't want to be there?

Everybody but you.

NoogaHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 23, 2018, 02:50:43 pm
Everybody but you.

Oh, I was being sarcastic. I don't live there any more. I left town in 1986. I still have family there and visit from time to time, but I have absolutely no urge to go back to live.

It is really sad to see what it has become. The video I linked makes me sick and sad.

ricepig

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 23, 2018, 02:17:21 pm

Yeah, just ski that little oxbow lake instead of Lake Catherine, after 10 beers you can't tell the difference.

GuvHog

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 23, 2018, 02:58:10 pm
Oh, I was being sarcastic. I don't live there any more. I left town in 1986. I still have family there and visit from time to time, but I have absolutely no urge to go back to live.

It is really sad to see what it has become. The video I linked makes me sick and sad.

I live 3 miles west of Pine Bluff. You're right, the downtown area is indeed pretty sad.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

NoogaHog

Quote from: GuvHog on February 23, 2018, 03:30:24 pm
I live 3 miles west of Pine Bluff. You're right, the downtown area is indeed pretty sad.

I have lived outside Chattanooga, TN, for about 20 years. I love this area and I am still shocked every time I go back to Pine Bluff at the difference between there and here.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 23, 2018, 02:58:10 pm

I figured you were joking. But it was to easy to type my post.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on February 23, 2018, 03:30:24 pm

Ummmmm not just downtown.

NoogaHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 23, 2018, 04:23:22 pm
Ummmmm not just downtown.

Yeah, even what was the nicer parts of town are not so nice anymore.

FaytownHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 22, 2018, 09:36:29 am
At one time they were kicking around $15, but as we know, there's inflation. I agree, they are going to sell the others before those.
or maybe only open it up week of the game or something. Someone like me, that's probably all I would ever buy. I'm standing half the game anyway to cheer. Having an affordable ticket would make it worth it to me to stand.

FaytownHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 22, 2018, 09:36:29 am
At one time they were kicking around $15, but as we know, there's inflation. I agree, they are going to sell the others before those.
while they're at it, they should make all of the upper deck seats $25 and try to get that place packed out. The people with money will be moving to LL now anyway.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: FaytownHog on February 23, 2018, 09:24:46 pm
while they're at it, they should make all of the upper deck seats $25 and try to get that place packed out. The people with money will be moving to LL now anyway.

Yup yup. Supply and demand. If there isn’t enough demand, lower the price accordingly.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on February 23, 2018, 09:32:48 pm
Yup yup. Supply and demand. If there isn't enough demand, lower the price accordingly.
Hey now, we can't be having smart posts like this in the off season :P

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on February 23, 2018, 09:32:48 pm
Yup yup. Supply and demand. If there isn't enough demand, lower the price accordingly.

They do, didn't you pay attention to the aftermarket last fall? This season will be higher priced, it always is in even years.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: razCzar on January 25, 2018, 09:05:02 pm
Definitely did and hated it.  Didn't surprise me at all though.  Based upon what I've seen on other teams' wide screens, Arkansas' version seems a little amateurish. 

Hopefully they'll get it together.
Dude... It looked fine before the move. The aspect ratio is what he was talking about.

oldhawg

Within my lifetime:

The first expansion of Razorback Stadium that I remember was in 1965 when seating capacity was increased from 30,000 to 38,000, essentially from a large high school stadium to a larger high school stadium. 

Stadium size, no lights in the stadium, smaller population of the greater Fayetteville area, and the difficult road system in Northwest Arkansas are some of things that made playing in War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock desirable. 

This is not intended to be a stadium debate, but rather a simple comparison of Razorback Stadium prior to the beginning of Frank Broyles's tenure as Coach/Athletic Director, and the palatial structure  that the stadium is today.  Something for Arkansans to be proud of.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: oldhawg on February 24, 2018, 01:12:41 pm
Within my lifetime:

The first expansion of Razorback Stadium that I remember was in 1965 when seating capacity was increased from 30,000 to 38,000, essentially from a large high school stadium to a larger high school stadium. 

Stadium size, no lights in the stadium, smaller population of the greater Fayetteville area, and the difficult road system in Northwest Arkansas are some of things that made playing in War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock desirable.

This is not intended to be a stadium debate, but rather a simple comparison of Razorback Stadium prior to the beginning of Frank Broyles's tenure as Coach/Athletic Director, and the palatial structure  that the stadium is today.  Something for Arkansans to be proud of.

Except in 1965 there weren't many if any high school stadiums across the country that held 30,000. Bryant Denny only held 45,000 until 1966 when they expanded to 60,000.

oldhawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 24, 2018, 01:29:27 pm
Except in 1965 there weren't many if any high school stadiums across the country that held 30,000. Bryant Denny only held 45,000 until 1966 when they expanded to 60,000.

True.  Guess I was thinking of some current day HS stadiums in Texas.

ICEman

Nice update! Time to drop the #Uncommon tag though.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

riccoar

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 23, 2018, 04:43:22 pm
Yeah, even what was the nicer parts of town are not so nice anymore.
I was in a restaurant a couple weeks ago and saw a picture of downtown Pine Bluff from the 70's. Sadly, it looked better then than it does now. It was very shocking to see!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Not sure how I missed this, but glass is being put in place on the North side of the stadium. They've already completed quite a bit of it

Cotton

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 26, 2018, 10:54:44 am
Not sure how I missed this, but glass is being put in place on the North side of the stadium. They've already completed quite a bit of it
Glass is a quick install typically, assuming every thing was measured correctly. Glazers can spend 4 weeks on frames and have the glass installed in a day or 2. One of my favorite parts of construction, when they finally get the glass in and go "dry"

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 26, 2018, 10:54:44 am

Whoa good catch, very cool. I looked earlier today and missed it.

twistitup

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on February 26, 2018, 11:43:00 am
Whoa good catch, very cool. I looked earlier today and missed it.

Did you miss the large glass box they installed on the upper Westside?

It will be an aquarium
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

robs4516

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 23, 2018, 09:49:00 am
Both teams have to play on the same surface. No advantage either way.

Haven't you ever heard of the home "field" advantage? Of course it helps us more than the bad guys.
First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

FraggleHog

Other than a couple of days with chances of rain, the next week appears to be set up with great weather. You better believe the crews will be "Full Tilt Boogie" to get the facility in the dry as quickly as possible!
Calling the Hogs from DFW

ricepig

Looks like the North big screen is being repossessed, that, are they are taking it down to finish covering the support structure.   8)

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2018, 07:58:46 am
Looks like the North big screen is being repossessed, that, are they are taking it down to finish covering the support structure.   8)

That seems rather inefficient. 

GoHogzzGo

Huh sure does lol. Maybe they rushed it up for use during the season. Now they cant complete portions with the screen sections in the way like you mentioned.

twistitup

Looks like the North big screen is being repossessed

JLong's fault

twistitup

Quote from: FraggleHog on February 26, 2018, 12:55:42 pm
Other than a couple of days with chances of rain,

Hopefully enough rain to fill the new Aquarium

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on February 27, 2018, 09:33:40 am
JLong's fault

Nah, they probably want to sell the club seats in the NEZ, twice as expensive as the south, so.....if you want to watch a big screen from the south???