Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: sowmonella on August 22, 2017, 08:23:48 pm
Looks kinda familar.

The view looking in from the parking garage is spectacular.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: razCzar on August 22, 2017, 09:49:15 pm

This 49ers stadium image sort of reminds of the NEZ renderings we've seen.  IMO ours looks great compared to this weirdness.

When viewed from inside the stadium I like the 49ers look-in. However I hate their lack of balance on the skyboxes. All on one side then massive bleachers on the other side, looks awkward to me.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: goodguytex on August 22, 2017, 03:36:44 pm
That lot will be for ricepig and the rest of the Illuminati.
That's hilarious and true at the same time
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 22, 2017, 04:23:28 pm
The closer they get to the final product the less I like the snaggle-toothed NE corner. I understand the tradition but it's gonna look strange. Unfinished.

Hopefully they'll quickly realize this and utilize that space for additional luxury boxes. If fans who don't have tickets want to see the inside of the stadium on visits the athletic department can organize tours.

It looks unfinished because it is unfinished--they haven't even started on the elevator towers yet.  I would wait until the final product before passing judgment.  I might change my own mind when it is finished, but as of now, I feel just the opposite. I think it looks great from almost every angle:  interiorly from field level, from the lower stands, exteriorly from lot 44 and the iconic vantage point at the top of the hill on Maple.  Oddly, the only angle from which it looks a little strange is from the perspective in the upper sw corner, one that few of us will ever see in person.  From the opposite corner the look in would be mostly invisible.  And even there it is going to look very different when finished. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on August 23, 2017, 07:29:26 am
When viewed from inside the stadium I like the 49ers look-in. However I hate their lack of balance on the skyboxes. All on one side then massive bleachers on the other side, looks awkward to me.

Skybox folks don't want to be staring into the Sun  8)

riccoar

Here are two zoomed in pics.

parallaxpig

Quote from: Gohogs600 on August 21, 2017, 08:40:49 pm
I was wondering this too. While I didn't see it firsthand, I was told a few weeks back that during the install of the south tv, glass was damaged in the process. I'm assuming while they built the structure on top the glass damage must have occurred. As a SIC guy, I hope it's fixed by TCU :)

You are correct............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 23, 2017, 08:13:57 am
Skybox folks don't want to be staring into the Sun  8)

Haha touché

ricepig

Quote from: goodguytex on August 22, 2017, 03:36:44 pm
That lot will be for ricepig and the rest of the Illuminati.

It's not a parking lot, it's helo pad for Jerrah and me to land our helicopters on the trip from Drake to RRS..........

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: OneLardAlmighty on August 23, 2017, 08:11:13 am
It looks unfinished because it is unfinished--they haven't even started on the elevator towers yet.  I would wait until the final product before passing judgment.  I might change my own mind when it is finished, but as of now, I feel just the opposite. I think it looks great from almost every angle:  interiorly from field level, from the lower stands, exteriorly from lot 44 and the iconic vantage point at the top of the hill on Maple.  Oddly, the only angle from which it looks a little strange is from the perspective in the upper sw corner, one that few of us will ever see in person.  From the opposite corner the look in would be mostly invisible.  And even there it is going to look very different when finished.
I've been complaining about our open-ended and 'unfinished' stadium for over 20 years.
This project is bringing joy to my heart. FINALLY, we will have a completed, filled-in stadium. No more noise escape to the north end.
No more night and day difference between the atmosphere on the south end versus the absence thereof on the north end.
It's going to be fantastic and it will be very pleasing to the eye and tough on the opponents.
I think it will look great, but in reality, I don't really care. I just want a filled-in North end, so this is nirvana to me.

factchecker

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on August 23, 2017, 12:04:59 pm
I've been complaining about our open-ended and 'unfinished' stadium for over 20 years.
This project is bringing joy to my heart. FINALLY, we will have a completed, filled-in stadium. No more noise escape to the north end.
No more night and day difference between the atmosphere on the south end versus the absence thereof on the north end.
It's going to be fantastic and it will be very pleasing to the eye and tough on the opponents.
I think it will look great, but in reality, I don't really care. I just want a filled-in North end, so this is nirvana to me.

I'm happy that we got rid of the yellow brick.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

UPDATE from NWA TD Club:

Scott Varady says that the North End Zone has 32 suites and only 2 are left.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on August 23, 2017, 12:29:21 pm
UPDATE from NWA TD Club:

Scott Varady says that the North End Zone has 32 suites and only 2 are left.

I thought there were 38, 16 double stacked, and then 6 in the center on the Loge level?

razCzar

Quote from: ricepig on August 23, 2017, 01:04:39 pm
I thought there were 38, 16 double stacked, and then 6 in the center on the Loge level?

Well, this does show the 38 you've described.

That the center six are a bit segregated from the rest may suggest some exclusivity that precludes being a part of the initial offer, ie once the 32 are gone, these open up, maybe even at a higher rate.

Sure would like to see the NEZ seating chart and floor plan, albeit still a work in progress.

GuvHog

Quote from: razCzar on August 23, 2017, 02:35:20 pm

That the center six are a bit segregated from the rest may suggest some exclusivity that precludes being a part of the initial offer, ie once the 32 are gone, these open up, maybe even at a higher rate.

Sure would like to see the NEZ seating chart and floor plan, albeit still a work in progress.

It could also be that they've decided to nix those on the Loge level and make the whole thing Loge Boxes.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

razCzar

Quote from: GuvHog on August 23, 2017, 02:44:58 pm
It could also be that they've decided to nix those on the Loge level and make the whole thing Loge Boxes.
Or it could be along the lines of this image from the website (under "NEW THEMED EXPERIENCES").  Even the stadium background shown suggests as much.  This would be a stunning view of the field and crowd (even though these fans shown don't even seem to know the game is going on. lol)

http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/dwrrs/images/new/themed3a.jpg

1highhog

Quote from: razCzar on August 23, 2017, 09:20:34 pm
Or it could be along the lines of this image from the website (under "NEW THEMED EXPERIENCES").  Even the stadium background shown suggests as much.  This would be a stunning view of the field and crowd (even though these fans shown don't even seem to know the game is going on. lol)

Well then, they wanted to capture the true representation of how a lot of the fans are at the game, talking or texting on their phones while the game is being played.  I'm sorry, but if the game is being played, and you have time to mess with your phone, then you are one of these images in this picture that the artist is capturing in his picture.

theFlyingHog

I drove through on my way up to Kansas Tuesday night and the north board was lit up white so I could see it right when I came over the hill...very cool to see it like a beacon

ricepig

Quote from: 1highhog on August 24, 2017, 06:13:59 am
Well then, they wanted to capture the true representation of how a lot of the fans are at the game, talking or texting on their phones while the game is being played.  I'm sorry, but if the game is being played, and you have time to mess with your phone, then you are one of these images in this picture that the artist is capturing in his picture.

It's either halftime, or before the game, that's another game on the TV's, haha.

tampahog

Quote from: razCzar on August 23, 2017, 02:35:20 pm

is this image accurate in that there will be a standing area under the scoreboard with fountains as well ?   If so, is it just that seat holder's can wander up there or will they sell standing area tickets ?

ricepig

Quote from: tampahog on August 24, 2017, 07:15:22 am
is this image accurate in that there will be a standing area under the scoreboard with fountains as well ?   If so, is it just that seat holder's can wander up there or will they sell standing area tickets ?

It's my understanding the SRO is in the "look-in" section. As to the rooftop on top of club seating, I've heard everything from beer and truck vendors area, to just a roof top area for club seating, to "I'm not sure".

GuvHog

Yeah, that looks nice.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Caught this view earlier this morning
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 24, 2017, 09:07:26 am
Caught this view earlier this morning

Now lets just get one with a red haze.

GoHogzzGo

porkbellys

Has there been any animation of the concourse all around underneath the stadium?
No offence to Richard but don't be a Dick.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: porkbellys on August 24, 2017, 11:03:12 am
Has there been any animation of the concourse all around underneath the stadium?
Nope, but it would be nice to see

WizardofhOgZ

woodhog14

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on August 24, 2017, 02:18:23 pm
I am just now noticing that - it appears to me - they have replaced the temporary bleachers on top of the SEZ with permanent seats.  If this has been discussed before, I missed it.  Not a lot of seats - but perm seating none-the-less.  Wondered why they didn't do this years ago.  Guess they were just waiting for the next "large" construction project to piggy-back (pun intended) on at a better price.

Those seats have always been there. The temporary bleachers were set up where the new vidoe board is.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: woodhog14 on August 24, 2017, 02:26:48 pm
Those seats have always been there. The temporary bleachers were set up where the new vidoe board is.

Yeah - right after I posted that, I went back and checked some older pics and saw just that.  Came back and deleted my post, but obviously you responded before I did.

Thanks for the correction, however.

I guess I just never noticed those few rows before.

Grizzlyfan

So come to the game, sit on a couch in a climate controlled environment and watch the game on a big screen tv.  With same tasty vittles and beer.  Sounds like a familiar place, just can't put my finger on it.

factchecker

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 24, 2017, 04:36:04 pm
So come to the game, sit on a couch in a climate controlled environment and watch the game on a big screen tv.  With same tasty vittles and beer.  Sounds like a familiar place, just can't put my finger on it.

It's a club area that leads to seats.  Similar to the outdoor clubs but much nicer.

The reason why it sounds familiar is because of the constant pull to stay home.  Athletic programs are fighting to keep fans interested.  Plenty of fans voice similar opinions to yours - "I've got the best seat in the house - I don't have to wait in line and I have good food and drinks at home."  These club/suite areas are trying to provide all of those amenities plus the added benefit of actually being at the game.  Of course it's much more expensive but the people buying the suites are willing to pay the price.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Seebs

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 24, 2017, 04:36:04 pm

Yeah - but does your home have preppy ghosts in blazers?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

1highhog

Quote from: tampahog on August 24, 2017, 07:15:22 am

They've done away with the fountain idea quite awhile ago.  They are putting a heated swimming pool there instead and are having the cheerleaders frolic around in it during the game when the score gets out of hand.  For all of us fans not close enough to see the action, it will be broadcast for us on our new video boards instead of the petit jean meat commercials.  They even had Russell Crowe do a voiceover from his famous Gladiator scene, and it will be shown on the video board where he stands facing the crowds shouting, ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

kingoftherapids

Must be freshman pep rally night

ur

From what I hear, the commitment for suites is 7 years. Are the contracts based on a 6 or 7 game home season?  If 6, what are the plans if we don't get a big game in a big city for the 7th game? Back to wms?

MissippHog

Quote from: Seebs on August 24, 2017, 06:03:40 pm
Yeah - but does your home have preppy ghosts in blazers?
I've always wondered what the woman in the skirt and heels was running to/from?

JackMcQueen

They're adding grass behind the north endzone this morning!
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

NoogaHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 24, 2017, 06:58:51 am
It's either halftime, or before the game, that's another game on the TV's, haha.

So just a question. From the rendering, why are they showing a road game on the TV? Maybe those are actually the suites at Taco Tech, because that's the game on the TV.

And yes, I second the question. Why is the ghost woman running from preppie ghosts?

I am confused.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: JackMcQueen on August 25, 2017, 09:04:46 am
They're adding grass behind the north endzone this morning!

In Arkansas it is legal for medical purposes only.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HillBillyHogfan

Quote from: kingoftherapids on August 24, 2017, 10:41:19 pm
Must be freshman pep rally night

This make me curious how the team will run through the "A" this season??
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Next1_04

Quote from: HillBillyHogfan on August 25, 2017, 09:52:05 am

Me too. Hog Walk etc...

ricepig

Quote from: HillBillyHogfan on August 25, 2017, 09:52:05 am

On their feet!!   Seriously, the are using the visitors dressing room in the southwest corner, and will enter the "A" from the south.

HillBillyHogfan

Quote from: Next1_04 on August 25, 2017, 09:59:18 am
Me too. Hog Walk etc...

Will the "A" look like it does here?

Will the team run through one of the legs and out the top (opposite how we have done it for decades)

Will the band swap ends and begin the pregame ritual from the other endzone?

Will we enter through the same tunnel as the visitors or will we enter on the visitors side tunnel and cross the field?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!!
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

HillBillyHogfan

Quote from: ricepig on August 25, 2017, 10:00:41 am
On their feet!!   Seriously, the are using the visitors dressing room in the southwest corner, and will enter the "A" from the south.

So where will the visitors come from? are they now using the southeast tunnel?

will this be a permanent change with the team always entering from the south from now on?

JackMcQueen

This should answer the running out of the A question. The band was practicing this set up yesterday.
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

razorbackfan86

Just wanted to be post # 1000.

ricepig

Quote from: HillBillyHogfan on August 25, 2017, 10:03:28 am
So where will the visitors come from? are they now using the southeast tunnel?

will this be a permanent change with the team always entering from the south from now on?

Visitors from the southeast corner, they are using the old cheerleaders dressing room. This is a one year deal only, there will be a new dressing room in the NEZ.