Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sowmonella

Will they have the outdoor seats installed in the NEZ by TCU or will the appearance be as it is now? Inquiring minds want to know.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ricepig

Quote from: sowmonella on August 15, 2017, 11:01:31 am
Will they have the outdoor seats installed in the NEZ by TCU or will the appearance be as it is now? Inquiring minds want to know.
No, they won't, and no it won't appear as now.

factchecker

Quote from: hawganatic on August 15, 2017, 09:54:54 am
I want DWRRS to get the same type of reputation as the Swamp or Tiger Stadium.

YEAH.....

ADD:

Florida vs. UMASS in the Swamp:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

sowmonella

Quote from: ricepig on August 15, 2017, 11:03:16 am
A gigantic red tarp with a huge Razorback covering the NEZ would look awesome.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.

ricepig

Quote from: sowmonella on August 15, 2017, 11:14:35 am
A gigantic red tarp with a huge Razorback covering the NEZ would look awesome.

Well, I heard they were "covering it up" during games, I'm not sure what that's to entail.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: factchecker on August 15, 2017, 11:07:32 am
YEAH.....

ADD:

Florida vs. UMASS in the Swamp:

Fake news!

Seriously, if every game was like the OM game last year, I'd probably stroke out.  Sometimes it's fun to just go to the game, relax, eat some popcorn, and watch the Hogs thumps SE Tech.

I don't know where our fans get the impression that every single seat at every single game is filled with a screaming fan at every single other SEC stadium but ours.  The inferiority complex is exhausting. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawganatic on August 15, 2017, 09:54:54 am
Interesting thread.  What I think it proves is that we can get very loud in DWRRS, when we WANT to.   

What we need to learn is how to be this loud for EVERY game, and not just the big name schools or high profile games. I want DWRRS to be just as lit up against a school like New Mexico State as it will be for Auburn this season.  Instead will probably have 60-65k attend with most leaving by the 4th quarter.

I want DWRRS to get the same type of reputation as the Swamp or Tiger Stadium.  I'd love for fans on the other side of the country to turn our game on and see a lit up crowd when we are playing a lower tier opponent and we are up by 21 points., and for that person to put DWRRS on their bucket list of stadiums to visit because of it.

One of my bucket list stadiums is Doak Campbell Stadium at FSU.  It just looks like a fun time every time they start doing the war chant.  I want fans of other schools to have the same reaction when they turn our game on and see the crowd.

That's true at EVERY stadium. None of them are super loud all the time for every opponent.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

factchecker

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 15, 2017, 11:34:47 am
That's true at EVER stadium. None of them are super loud all the time for every opponent.

Especially down in Miami:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Seebs

We are glowing Razorback red today
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

DLUXHOG

All SEC stadiums below....   I love what Arkansas is doing.... and think we are in the top echelon of stadiums in the SEC............
Arkansas

Alabama

Auburn

Texas A&M

Ole Miss

Mississippi State

LSU

Missouri

Georgia

Vanderbilt

South Carolina

Tennessee

Kentucky

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

GoHogzzGo

August 15, 2017, 12:18:31 pm #860 Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 12:30:43 pm by GoHogzzGo
Quote from: Seebs on August 15, 2017, 11:54:58 am
We are glowing Razorback red today

So cool. Can't wait for the double red Fridays.

And agreed DLUXHOG, easily top tier now.

Also FYI the ole miss photo is old, but they haven't improved it that much. Still a lightly better WMS with top notch tailgating. Tenner looks like that is before they finished their upper bowl as well.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

theFlyingHog

Glancing at those other SEC venues it appears we have a huge amount of premium seating compared to most

ricepig

Well, the drone flyover is from a week or more ago. In the video it again confirms that both screens are the same size 167'x38' and that the north one is curved match the structure.

AirWarren

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 15, 2017, 12:02:36 pm
All SEC stadiums below....   I love what Arkansas is doing.... and think we are in the top echelon of stadiums in the SEC............
Arkansas

Alabama

Auburn

Texas A&M

Ole Miss

Mississippi State

LSU

Missouri

Georgia

Vanderbilt

South Carolina

Tennessee

Kentucky

It's starting to look good.

I'll hold off on one of the top in sec until it's complete. We have a ways to go to get up there with Kyle field, Death Valley, the swamp, bama, AU, rocky top, and UGA. Even South Carolina has a great looking stadium.

With that said.

Ole miss sure does come across as a sad little stadium.

hobhog

Razorback Stadium pic above is out of focus and doesnt do justice. That being said, new renovation will be nice and definitely needed. Keeping up with the Sec's Joneses is crucial.

AirWarren

Quote from: hobhog on August 15, 2017, 01:17:11 pm
Razorback Stadium pic above is out of focus and doesnt do justice. That being said, new renovation will be nice and definitely needed. Keeping up with the Sec's Joneses is crucial.

I found a couple of pictures that are better of our stadium.

DLUXHOG

August 15, 2017, 01:24:21 pm #866 Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:00:17 pm by DLUXHOG
Quote from: AP85 on August 15, 2017, 01:22:18 pm
I found a couple of pictures that are better of our stadium.

FYI, last pic isn't Razorback stadium, and, we don't do WMS anymore...

hobhog

Quote from: ricepig on August 15, 2017, 11:03:16 am

Any idea what they plan to do on game days this year with NE? Hopefully won't look like a work zone but not sure what they can really do....

FraggleHog

Quote from: hobhog on August 15, 2017, 01:24:49 pm
Any idea what they plan to do on game days this year with NE? Hopefully won't look like a work zone but not sure what they can really do....

Don't have recording or link, but I thought I heard Long in an interview say that they have a plan to "utilize" the space. I'm sure that means marketing/ promoting the brand in some way. He said it will be obvious it is under construction, but they will do what they can to reduce the "eyesoreness" and ensure safety of players and fans.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

factchecker

Drone video of Razorback Stadium during red sky:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

This should help improve the stadium for some:

QuoteThe university has signed a 10-year, $137 million multimedia rights deal with IMG College, as reported by Michael Smith of Sports Business Daily.

The agreement is expected to be one of the most lucrative in college athletics and lasts through 2028.

What fans will notice is that as part of the new contract, IMG College is making a "significant investment" in free wifi service at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium, Bud Walton Arena and Baum Stadium where the Razorbacks' baseball team plays.

http://gridironnow.com/arkansas-signs-137m-img-deal-stadium-wifi/
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DLUXHOG

Quote from: factchecker on August 15, 2017, 02:33:05 pm
Drone video of Razorback Stadium during red sky:

too, too cool....   have they ever lit the stadium up this way during halftime of night games?

factchecker

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 15, 2017, 02:46:47 pm
too, too cool....   have they ever lit the stadium up this way during halftime of night games?

They have not and I'm not sure if it's possible due to safety and the ability to turn off and on the lights quickly.

They could possibly turn the screen(s) red with the lights on but the effect wouldn't be the same.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DLUXHOG

Quote from: factchecker on August 15, 2017, 02:48:41 pm
They have not and I'm not sure if it's possible due to safety and the ability to turn off and on the lights quickly.

They could possibly turn the screen(s) red with the lights on but the effect wouldn't be the same.

first time I had ever seen this, was last year and I was coming down the hill on I-49, probably three miles or further out, and I saw the red glow and asked my wife what we were looking at....   it was really an amazing site......

factchecker

I really hope they put a Razorback on the backside of both screens.

Imagine seeing a bigger version of this when you head up towards campus.

This is on the backside of our big screen at John McDonnell Field.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: factchecker on August 15, 2017, 02:55:53 pm

Sure hope so, I have seen a hog on the NEZ rendering but not sure I've seen any renderings on other side of the SEZ big screen. Someone start a petition if not!

Also not sure if it lights up or not on NEZ

Jackrabbit Hog

These Hog pictures on the back of the scoreboard remind me of the old Lite Brite things we had as kids. 

Yes, we had electricity back then..
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

JackMcQueen

New video board is running!
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I wonder if they will have a tarp covering the lower stand section during the season, and If so could/would they put something "Razorback" on it like below? I think that would look awesome..!

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

sowmonella

I was thinking something more like this. 180 feet wide and 200 feet tall.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sowmonella on August 15, 2017, 05:11:20 pm

Slobberin' Hog or no hog at all.     >:(
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: sowmonella on August 15, 2017, 05:11:20 pm
With huge speakers behind it so it snorts and squeals and smoke machines issuing a rolling fog

1highhog

Quote from: factchecker on August 15, 2017, 02:55:53 pm

I wish we could somehow do ^^^^^^ Hog as a hog signal, copying of course the bat signal.  :D

JackMcQueen

That new board lights up the stadium really good!
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 15, 2017, 05:02:59 pm
I wonder if they will have a tarp covering the lower stand section during the season, and If so could/would they put something "Razorback" on it like below? I think that would look awesome..!

Hopefully we will be winning so much there will never be a need to cover up sections like that.

PorkRinds

razCzar

Nice catch, Jack.

Guess I need to check out the night shots more while they're testing the systems.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

3kgthog

Are our stadium lights LEDs yet? If they were, turning them off at halftime for nice light shows wouldn't be an issue due to nearly instant on/off. SAU has them and they light up their field nicely.

DLUXHOG

DLUXHOG

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 16, 2017, 02:13:36 pm
So, so, so awesome.    Thanks for posting this .....

Ditto wow that's cool.

jst01

Quote from: JackMcQueen on August 15, 2017, 04:29:25 pm
New video board is running!

can you imagine having to go to Best Buy to get HDMI cables for that install....

Hogwasher

North End Zone this evening is READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!

razCzar

Quite a light show this evening, as stadium is emersed alternately in red, green, and blue.

BassinHawg

Thought this was neat from this morning.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

ricepig

Quote from: BassinHawg on August 17, 2017, 09:03:46 am
Thought this was neat from this morning.

I was pretty bummed out, my Hog Card didn't have a straight line.......

otownhawg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is cool. <br><br>😍 <a href="https://t.co/g8qfCAfDAC">pic.twitter.com/g8qfCAfDAC</a></p>&mdash; Arkansas Razorbacks (@ArkRazorbacks) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArkRazorbacks/status/898190915369451520">August 17, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"; charset="utf-8"></script>