Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FraggleHog

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on August 08, 2017, 11:44:23 am
What's with the poorly drawn on pool and basketball hoop in the first image lol?

Didn't you hear? They are demolishing the HPER and BWA so the Arkansas Swim and Dive team and the Razorback Basketball team are going to use the SRO area as well.

Sheesh... Jeff Long just knows how to screw up everything! /s
Calling the Hogs from DFW

HighcountryHog

That basketball goal is massive.  It's like 20 feet tall with a hoop that could fit four basketballs at once.

I like that the pool is one of those pop-up, above ground pools.  Very Arkansas.
no bumps, no fat chicks

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 08, 2017, 11:53:52 am
Didn't you hear? They are demolishing the HPER and BWA so the Arkansas Swim and Dive team and the Razorback Basketball team are going to use the SRO area as well.

Sheesh... Jeff Long just knows how to screw up everything! /s

Haha no I missed that one. Exciting revelation though!  ;)
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Michael_E_Davis

I drive by the stadium every day.  It's turning out so awesome.  :'(
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on August 08, 2017, 12:17:26 pm
I drive by the stadium every day.  It's turning out so awesome.  :'(

then you are a blessed man..... count your blessings...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

bythelake

Pool is a hot tub for girls only.  Going to be a hit. 😏

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: bythelake on August 08, 2017, 05:31:27 pm
Pool is a hot tub for girls only.  Going to be a hit. 😏

It'll have a pool and a pond.  The pond would be good for you.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

bythelake

Yea, pond would be good for me.  They are going to stock it with crappie.

Fish and watch the game.  What could be better?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: bythelake on August 08, 2017, 06:07:44 pm
Yea, pond would be good for me.  They are going to stock it with crappie.

Fish and watch the game.  What could be better?

A cold adult beverage.

Seebs

There will be Turts there. Yurts. $2K a game..
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

FraggleHog

Maybe they should transplant some trees and create an artificial forest stocked with deer beyond one of the end zones. Maybe then all the hunters will come to the games once hunting season begins

hawgon

It looks nice, but I kind of wish that they would have just went ahead and closed up the gap.  It doesn't look quite right and I'm sure the significance of it will be lost to future fans.

FraggleHog

Quote from: hawgon on August 09, 2017, 10:35:03 am
It looks nice, but I kind of wish that they would have just went ahead and closed up the gap.  It doesn't look quite right and I'm sure the significance of it will be lost to future fans.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on August 09, 2017, 01:04:53 pm
According to Jeff, they're going fast!

I was going to put his tweets on here but the new format won't embed the tweets.  Figured I'd post the pictures instead.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hobhog

Quote from: hawgon on August 09, 2017, 10:35:03 am

Many recruits have commented on how cool the stadium looks from Maple where you can see down into it thru the "gap". It's unique and I like it.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: factchecker on August 09, 2017, 01:04:10 pm

Dannnnggg, we have all said it, our stadium will truly be one of the nicest around. So pumped.

Don't know if I'll ever be in one but the view from those boxes looks great. Very glad the proximity to field was made to be very close for this new addition.

Seebs

Looks like they are tuning the south screen
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jst01

I just hope the screens are used to show video on 100% of the space.  I hated the previous screen....looked huge from behind..from the front half of it was ads, 1/4 was stats and 1/4 was a video screen.

spe450

Quote from: jst01 on August 10, 2017, 02:32:03 pm
I just hope the screens are used to show video on 100% of the space.  I hated the previous screen....looked huge from behind..from the front half of it was ads, 1/4 was stats and 1/4 was a video screen.

This one?

jst01

Quote from: spe450 on August 10, 2017, 02:36:50 pm
This one?

yep. Ok, I exaggerated the %'s... I still think that the new screens need to utilize the entire space as a video screen. Show stats somewhere else.  Fans care about 3 things: replays, time of game, score.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: jst01 on August 10, 2017, 03:10:40 pm
yep. Ok, I exaggerated the %'s... I still think that the new screens need to utilize the entire space as a video screen. Show stats somewhere else.  Fans care about 3 things: replays, time of game, score.

True, and we have those ribbon boards now that could be used for some of this. Thankfully the screen will also be just as big but much close now too, so if they still use the same amount of the screen it will be easier to see by proximity alone.

factchecker

You exaggerated big time.    The ads make up around 15% of the old board and they are off on the side.  What is the purpose of such hyperbole?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FANONTHEHILL

5:30 today. South board firing up.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

thebignasty

I like the stats. Hope they keep them on the board.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

greenie

The jumbo video screen is not a standard video aspect ratio (which is typically 16:9 these days), so you make a choice...stretch and distort or crop the video to fill the screen -OR- keep it the original aspect ratio and fill the blank space with scoreboard, adverts, etc.  I guess they've decided (at least in the past) to keep the same aspect ratio and make some money on advertising.

Sivad

Oklahawg

Quote from: greenie on August 10, 2017, 05:47:55 pm
The jumbo video screen is not a standard video aspect ratio (which is typically 16:9 these days), so you make a choice...stretch and distort or crop the video to fill the screen -OR- keep it the original aspect ratio and fill the blank space with scoreboard, adverts, etc.  I guess they've decided (at least in the past) to keep the same aspect ratio and make some money on advertising.

Bringing facts around here is going to piss some folks off.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

MissippHog

Anyone know the size of the new video board in relation to the old board?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: MissippHog on August 11, 2017, 12:17:14 am

I'd like to know as well. Is it supposed to be bigger than the other one?

razCzar

Surely somebody on here knows enough about electronics to put up a practical side-by-side comparison of the two screens.

Please.

Clearly, a lot us are interested to know.

VirginiaHog

The sez board is the old nez board. So same size. The new nez board is about the same size but slightly curved.

ricepig

Quote from: MissippHog on August 11, 2017, 12:17:14 am

I believe Matt Jones of WholehogSports did an article back in April or so that detailed the expansion, I believe it said both screens were the same size. Now, something could have changed since then, but 38' x 167' is the south screen's size.

rljjr

I love the video boards and can't wait to see the new one, but there was also something special about that old scoreboard before all the renovations years ago -- particularly when it read 42-11. It was simple, clean and burned in my memory.

Looking forward to more 42-11 type memories with the new boards.

hobhog

Quote from: rljjr on August 11, 2017, 07:44:09 am
I love the video boards and can't wait to see the new one, but there was also something special about that old scoreboard before all the renovations years ago -- particularly when it read 42-11. It was simple, clean and burned in my memory.

Looking forward to more 42-11 type memories with the new boards.

I'd just like more scores from around nation. With bad cell service and no scores it's like an informational vacuum in there....

razorbackfan86

Not video board related, but are they going to put up some kind of padded wall in the NEZ for player safety while construction is going on this fall?

FraggleHog

Quote from: hobhog on August 11, 2017, 09:23:17 am
I'd just like more scores from around nation. With bad cell service and no scores it's like an informational vacuum in there....

The Ribbon Boards show scores from around the conference and nation. I also believe they are scrolling at the bottom of the Stats section of the board.

razorcash2

Quote from: greenie on August 10, 2017, 05:47:55 pm

Petit Jean Meats will be happy to hear that.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on August 11, 2017, 09:32:30 am
Not video board related, but are they going to put up some kind of padded wall in the NEZ for player safety while construction is going on this fall?

It's my understanding that he chain link fence will be moved back 30-40 feet closer to the construction area for each game.  Not confirmed by anyone in administration, but what staff people have told me.  This is a section of a panoramic picture I took last Saturday that shows the distance between the end zone and actual steel structure.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 11, 2017, 10:17:50 am
It's my understanding that he chain link fence will be moved back 30-40 feet closer to the construction area for each game.  Not confirmed by anyone in administration, but what staff people have told me.  This is a section of a panoramic picture I took last Saturday that shows the distance between the end zone and actual steel structure.

Here's the total panoramic from Row 1 of Section 107.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 11, 2017, 10:17:50 am

That would make sense. I just know that chain link is too close to the endzone as it stands right now.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on August 11, 2017, 10:21:43 am
That would make sense. I just know that chain link is too close to the endzone as it stands right now.

In Factcheckers concept art that he shared, the corners of the stands are really close to the back corners of the end zone.  Great for fans, but a big concern for players. (WRs & DBs)

FraggleHog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 11, 2017, 10:24:33 am
In Factcheckers concept art that he shared, the corners of the stands are really close to the back corners of the end zone.  Great for fans, but a big concern for players. (WRs & DBs)

They'll put up some padding to cushion any collision

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 11, 2017, 10:38:51 am
They'll put up some padding to cushion any collision

Even with a pad, that's solid structure close to the corners.  I'd rather them have about 5-10yds of space.  I don't like them have to "put on the brakes" that close to the end zone. Especially with our history of foot problems.  Just my opinion.

go hogues

As others have said, aspect ratio has to be preserved. It was always intended for the sides to display ads and traditional scoreboard. If you look at our SEZ scoreboard (the old NEZ one) compared to the video boards at Ole Miss, MSU and Texas, for example, theirs are true 16x9 aspect ratio. Ours appears to be in 2:35:1 anamorphic.

Ours, by comparison.

What I'm REALLY curious about is whether they will be able to put an end to the constantly refreshing scan lines when they do shots of the crowd during timeouts, before the game, etc. That's the noticeable thing to me.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

FraggleHog

Quote from: go hogues on August 11, 2017, 11:26:02 am
As others have said, aspect ratio has to be preserved. It was always intended for the sides to display ads and traditional scoreboard. If you look at our SEZ scoreboard (the old NEZ one) compared to the video boards at Ole Miss, MSU and Texas, for example, theirs are true 16x9 aspect ratio. Ours appears to be in 2:35:1 anamorphic.

Ours, by comparison.

What I'm REALLY curious about is whether they will be able to put an end to the constantly refreshing scan lines when they do shots of the crowd during timeouts, before the game, etc. That's the noticeable thing to me.

They just need to sync the scoreboards refresh rate to the cameras refresh rate and it won't be an issue

go hogues

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 11, 2017, 01:08:57 pm
They just need to sync the scoreboards refresh rate to the cameras refresh rate and it won't be an issue
Hopefully they will but it's yet to happen in 15 seasons.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

AirWarren

I've never thought our stadium was one of the best and loudest in the SEC. But I think that the upgrades look nice. I was skeptical at first. But I think it's going to be nice.