Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 29, 2017, 12:28:15 pm
Are you talking about that small parking lot right across from the stadium? That's where the families of the players park. Doubt they get rid of it

Then put it underground, wouldn't be that hard.

Sivad

Quote from: ricepig on June 29, 2017, 05:11:37 pm
The master plan had an underground parking garage with Lot 44 being all grass and a tailgating location.
You are going to vaporlock David Pryor.

GoHogzzGo

The master plan had an underground parking garage with Lot 44 being all grass and a tailgating location. I suspect that is way down the list and time frame these days.

Now we're talkin.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

TebowHater

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on June 29, 2017, 11:35:33 am
Nope, I'm 44oz Diet Coke man, All-American!

NO "diet" drink should be considered "All-American"......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pigsknuckles

Meet Jack English. He is the Corporate Chaplain for the company performing the renovation of DWRRS. He preached at a couple of the Southeast Oklahoma churches my wife attended growing up. WPS!!!

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

FraggleHog

The master plan had an underground parking garage with Lot 44 being all grass and a tailgating location. I suspect that is way down the list and time frame these days.

Pretty sure they put the kibosh on the underground parking idea...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

parallaxpig

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on June 29, 2017, 04:49:03 pm
Shoot I hope they don't do it north of stadium in 44. Would be a big ole eye sore since the ground is higher there and the deck would be higher than the stadium. Put the thing where barn hill is with a second floor access from stadium dr. Or put a deck on lot 55 (pomfret/track).

Long range plans are to knock down barnhill and build parking deck there. Barnhill replacement will be built out by Baum staduim and track facility.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

razCzar

Looks like the structural steel support for both video boards is set, as of yesterday.  I was surprised that they differ width-wise while seeming the same in height.   

Anybody know the story on that?.. or each screen's diminsions?

TebowHater

Quote from: razCzar on July 01, 2017, 08:03:21 pm
Looks like the structural steel support for both video boards is set, as of yesterday.  I was surprised that they differ width-wise while seeming the same in height.   

Is NEZ the wider one?

ricepig

Quote from: razCzar on July 01, 2017, 08:03:21 pm

The SEZ screen came from the BAC,  the NEZ is new and smaller.

razCzar

July 01, 2017, 08:32:14 pm #461 Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 08:46:59 pm by razCzar
Quote from: TebowHater on July 01, 2017, 08:13:38 pm
Is NEZ the wider one?
No, the SEZ is clearly the wider structure.

I also looked at the architectural conception which shows the new NEZ board to be the same size as the just-completed steel structure, meaning this is the ultimate width.  Yet the height of both look similar. 

ricepig

Quote from: razCzar on July 01, 2017, 08:32:14 pm
No, the SEZ is clearly the wider structure.

I also looked at the architectural conception which shows the new NEZ board to be the same size as the just-completed steel structure, meaning this is the ultimate width.  Yet the height of both look similar. 

Somebody needs to go look at the work being done today............

Stephen Greene

Stephen Greene

Stephen Greene

HogRadioTMC

Here's a photo from the south end zone food court last Wednesday.

Hogs-n-Roses

I remember being 13 years old. Sittin on that hillside looking out across those mountains and hoping they kept that view. It may look a little unfinished but when fans are scattered around on it and cars are in the rear I bet it looks OK.

razCzar

Quote from: ricepig on July 02, 2017, 12:20:57 pm
Somebody needs to go look at the work being done today............

"Somebody" has, and he feels better about it.

It's looking good!

rzrbackramsfan

I think that if the stadium ends up looking bad, that may actually be a fireable offense by JL.

sowmonella

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 03, 2017, 08:53:44 pm
I think that if the stadium ends up looking bad, that may actually be a fireable offense by JL.
If this is a bad joke I don't get it.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

1highhog

???

ricepig

So, JL is going to fire the architects?

lechon

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on June 30, 2017, 08:09:47 am
Meet Jack English. He is the Corporate Chaplain for the company performing the renovation of DWRRS. He preached at a couple of the Southeast Oklahoma churches my wife attended growing up. WPS!!!

I don't know if I would feel safe working for a company that had a corporate chaplain. Maybe the rumors about the 6 people being buried in concrete @ DWRRS due to the speed of the project are actually true
:-\
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Sivad

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on June 30, 2017, 08:09:47 am
Meet Jack English. He is the Corporate Chaplain for the company performing the renovation of DWRRS. He preached at a couple of the Southeast Oklahoma churches my wife attended growing up.

They say he performed the last rites for Jimmy Hoffa at the Meadowlands.

GoHogzzGo

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Sivad on July 04, 2017, 06:23:27 pm
They say he performed the last rites for Jimmy Hoffa at the Meadowlands.
LOL

Hoggish1

Quote from: HogRadioTMC on July 03, 2017, 03:53:55 pm
Here's a photo from the south end zone food court last Wednesday.

I don't like gaps between sections.  Open space lets sound out...

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

7-7 Update:

The scoreboard construction in both endzones is coming along very nicely
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

VirginiaHog

Structure for both boards look about the same size to me now that they added the last section.

hogfan98

I know there was some tongue in cheek discussion about it before, but does that NEZ scoreboard look curved to anyone else?

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan98 on July 07, 2017, 12:03:42 pm
I know there was some tongue in cheek discussion about it before, but does that NEZ scoreboard look curved to anyone else?

It is.

FraggleHog

Quote from: hogfan98 on July 07, 2017, 12:03:42 pm

Yep... Don't know if the actual face of the board will be curved, but all of the concepts of the finished product indicate that the "back" of the board will be curved on the exterior of the stadium.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Tejano Jawg

Thanks for the pics guys. Looking good. I'll have a good view of this from my Upper West Deck seats—30 yard line, on that end.

So assume they'll build a temporary wall at the back of the end zone. Any other make-shift cosmetic structures?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ricepig

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on July 07, 2017, 02:45:53 pm
Thanks for the pics guys. Looking good. I'll have a good view of this from my Upper West Deck seats—30 yard line, on that end.

So assume they'll build a temporary wall at the back of the end zone. Any other make-shift cosmetic structures?
Moat......

Ex-Trumpet

Is there an updated estimated finish date?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

justmakeit2thebcs

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: ricepig on July 07, 2017, 02:48:21 pm
Moat......

Love it. Hey, they could fill it with water, slop, mud and have a 'pigs gone wild' situation in there.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ricepig

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on July 07, 2017, 02:50:46 pm
Is there an updated estimated finish date?

Same one since the beginning, Sept., 2018.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on July 07, 2017, 03:02:32 pm
Love it. Hey, they could fill it with water, slop, mud and have a 'pigs gone wild' situation in there.
I still think before away games some Arkansas fans should release a couple wild boars in the opposing team's stadium

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on July 07, 2017, 03:02:32 pm

Those happen on a golf course in LR by certain females.................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GoHogzzGo

Fantastic time lapse video that is a closer view than the usual one. Really shows how close and on top of the field both the stands and the sky boxes will be.

Also makes that gap look less prominent when viewed from normal seating. Very cool, can't wait to buy my 2018 tickets.

https://www.arkansasfight.com/2017/7/8/15942094/razorback-stadium-renovation-updates

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on July 07, 2017, 04:03:23 pm
Same one since the beginning, Sept., 2018.
The Athletic department is suppose to get the keys at the beginning of August. Hopefully the weather cooperates this fall/winter and they can get started on the interior on schedule.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

ricepig

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on July 09, 2017, 11:56:55 am
The Athletic department is suppose to get the keys at the beginning of August. Hopefully the weather cooperates this fall/winter and they can get started on the interior on schedule.

Yeah, getting it in the dry makes a completion date more concrete. There are 135 existing suites to be refurbished, and 7-10 Founder's Suites to be built where the East Outdoor Club seats are, all starting after Thanksgiving of this year. They've worked a lot of Saturday's and even on holidays so far, I hope we aren't paying overtime, lol.

GoHogzzGo

https://app.oxblue.com/open/universityofarkansas

Steel starting to go up in the lower bowl of the "gap" portion.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on July 10, 2017, 04:00:17 pm
https://app.oxblue.com/open/universityofarkansas

Steel starting to go up in the lower bowl of the "gap" portion.

On the shot looking into the stadium from the outside, what is going on in the far right corner?  The Alumni building used to be there, correct?  Why did they tear it down?  Is that for new parking or preparation to expand Razorback Road to four lanes?

GoHogzzGo

July 10, 2017, 05:09:52 pm #496 Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 06:08:37 pm by GoHogzzGo
Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on July 10, 2017, 04:51:37 pm
On the shot looking into the stadium from the outside, what is going on in the far right corner?  The Alumni building used to be there, correct?  Why did they tear it down?  Is that for new parking or preparation to expand Razorback Road to four lanes?

I think the Alumni building is just outside the frame north of that dirt patch, still there. Dirt patch is the old AGR frat house, not sure what is going in.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on July 10, 2017, 04:51:37 pm

Alum House still there.  They're doing somethin'-or-other with the old Ag house lot (torn down a few years ago).

JOKERHOG

it looks like it needs to move about a foot to the left :o
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

7-11 Update
New structure being formed on the right side of the NEZ
SEZ scoreboard coming along nicely

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.