Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seebs

Quote from: TrueBlue on June 28, 2017, 03:06:07 pm
Everyone will think it "looks" like we ran out of money - when they see it for the first time. Horrible idea. Stadium would be much louder with it completely bowled. 

Maybe 'everyone' you are concerned about. Those that can read and ascertain may think it looks as intended.  Just say you don't like it and not bring 'everyone' to bolster your opinion because that may make you look like a tool to 'everyone else' ... and we know that isn't so.  Right?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Seebs on June 28, 2017, 03:14:48 pm
Maybe 'everyone' you are concerned about. Those that can read and ascertain may think it looks as intended.  Just say you don't like it and not bring 'everyone' to bolster your opinion because that may make you look like a tool to 'everyone else' ... and we know that isn't so.  Right?

Lol!

Do you have anything better to do than to be a smart-arse? Apparently not. EVERYONE thinks you are a smart-arse. Right?

ricepig

Looks like the big screen support structure is now going up on top of the north end.

spe450

Everyone will think it "looks" like we ran out of money - when they see it for the first time. Horrible idea. Stadium would be much louder with it completely bowled. 

Well then, explain to "everyone" the reason it is being left open.  It's not going to look incomplete and there is a very good reason for the design.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 28, 2017, 03:59:42 pm
Looks like the big screen support structure is now going up on top of the north end.
Yes,  north west elevator shaft ( I believe, or just steel connection framing) and the score board are going up on the north end zone.

goodguytex

I was thinking it would look horrible just looking at the construction, coming up way short of enclosing it. But when you see the renderings of the completed construction, it's actually going to look really awesome.

That open area will be elevated, and will connect to the rest of the stadium, and will be standing room only for fans, and will be cheaper.

That's my kind of seat btw. I rarely ever sit down at a football game. Especially if I'm going to a home game.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Hawgphish on June 28, 2017, 02:00:59 pm
I am not sure if I like that open corner...but what do I know.
Final rendering looks good to me

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 29, 2017, 07:47:48 am

I just don't care for that open space, it has an incomplete look to it. On the other hand, that may provide a great spot for the SEC Network (and ESPN Gameday, when they eventually return) to set up for games.
Go Hogs Go!

NuttinItUp

Easier to do the wave now?

Cinco de Hogo

Man I hope the next project is doing something to the west side parking lot, Razorback road and the entrances.  So much could be done there!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 29, 2017, 08:26:35 am
Man I hope the next project is doing something to the west side parking lot, Razorback road and the entrances.  So much could be done there!

The problem with the West side is there is so little room. The structure is just a couple feet from the road.

GrizzlyRider07

Quick question,  are we going to have the big video boards on both the SEZ and NEZ
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

rhames

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on June 29, 2017, 08:30:59 am
Quick question,  are we going to have the big video boards on both the SEZ and NEZ

Yes.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

spe450

The_Iceman

They have some cool ideas for that space. Possibly making it an "outdoor club" space where they could sell local brews and have food truck type foods up there.

TrueBlue

Quote from: spe450 on June 28, 2017, 04:04:56 pm
Well then, explain to "everyone" the reason it is being left open.  It's not going to look incomplete and there is a very good reason for the design.

Geez another idiot that can't take someone's opinion if it doesn't agree to theirs.

I KNOW "their" reasons, and it still sucks.

What are your reasons for making an idiot response that adds absolutely nothing to the conversation?

That's what I thought. Go back to your Cheetos and Mountain Dew.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 29, 2017, 08:43:27 am
They have some cool ideas for that space. Possibly making it an "outdoor club" space where they could sell local brews and have food truck type foods up there.

Yeah I think there are some great options here. Makes the stadium still very approachable and accessible. Outdoor club would be cool in that spot, I'd pay. Not sure yet if I like the hole but don't think it is that big of a deal.

Standing room only is great, glad we will have that now. The stadium will also be quite a bit louder either way.

Oh and wow, now that the big screen support is going up I can see how giant that northern structure will be. Very nice.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

hog of steele

That open corner is one of my absolute favorite places to stand in the entire world. I remember meeting some USCal fans there the night before our game. I have stood there many nights before games and looked at the stadium all bathed in red from the pig screen. I love it.

goodguytex

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on June 29, 2017, 10:13:26 am
Yeah I think there are some great options here. Makes the stadium still very approachable and accessible. Outdoor club would be cool in that spot, I'd pay. Not sure yet if I like the hole but don't think it is that big of a deal.

Standing room only is great, glad we will have that now. The stadium will also be quite a bit louder either way.

Oh and wow, now that the big screen support is going up I can see how giant that northern structure will be. Very nice.
If the real thing looks like the artists rendering going around, it truly will look unique and spectacular. And I hope at some point our football program can win more, sell out more seats and maybe we can add even more seats in a few years.

rljjr

Quote from: TrueBlue on June 29, 2017, 09:55:33 am
Geez another idiot that can't take someone's opinion if it doesn't agree to theirs.

What are your reasons for making an idiot response that adds absolutely nothing to the conversation?

HEY!!! I like cheetos. EVERYONE likes cheetos. Hahahaha. Just like everyone likes Pepsi products and a hole in the stadium.
Wait a second. I don't care for the hole ... and I don't drink Pepsi! Consarnit sassafrassin' frickin' fracking' zerbert. And get off my lawn!

gchamblee

Quote from: TrueBlue on June 28, 2017, 03:27:33 pm
Lol!

Do you have anything better to do than to be a smart-arse? Apparently not. EVERYONE thinks you are a smart-arse. Right?

I agree with him, not you, for what its worth

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on June 29, 2017, 10:19:11 am
HEY!!! I like cheetos. EVERYONE likes cheetos. Hahahaha. Just like everyone likes Pepsi products and a hole in the stadium.
Wait a second. I don't care for the hole ... and I don't drink Pepsi! Consarnit sassafrassin' frickin' fracking' zerbert. And get off my lawn!

I'm thinking Ben, Sweetfeet, or Stephen Greene is going to have to start a pole on what type of cheetos. There's crunchy, regular, cheese puffs, and then you have the hot ones.....way too many options to just throw out the word "cheetos"

spe450

Quote from: TrueBlue on June 29, 2017, 09:55:33 am

Who has the issues with those who disagree here?  And I never said anything about your opinion so how do you assume that I can't take a difference in opinion?  I did make a suggestion that you could explain the reasoning instead of worrying what everyone else thought about our stadium.

I should apologize, as your post that I replied to was the greatest post in the history of Hogville and added enormous value to this thread!  Mine pales in comparison to the genius that was the 30 words of shimmering critique you gave to a project that isn't even complete yet!  You have humbled me.

What a crotchety shitbag mentality you have.

goodguytex

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 29, 2017, 07:47:48 am
Seriously, y'all.... Have to admit that looks really, really fantastic!

spe450

Quote from: rljjr on June 29, 2017, 10:19:11 am

Man! I haven't had a soda in 7 years, let a lone a Mountain Dew.  Not a fan of Cheetos either.  If he would've said Beer on a patio, I would've been pegged!

spe450

Quote from: goodguytex on June 29, 2017, 10:35:50 am
Seriously, y'all.... Have to admit that looks really, really fantastic!

I'm excited about it.  I just hope that the bigger donors keep the endzones full.

rljjr

Quote from: spe450 on June 29, 2017, 10:37:11 am
Man! I haven't had a soda in 7 years, let a lone a Mountain Dew.  Not a fan of Cheetos either.  If he would've said Beer on a patio, I would've been pegged!

Seven!?!? Got me beat. I stopped about 2012 and began to feel immediately better. It's a rare occasion to still miss that sweet sting of carbonation, but I'm far happier without it.

goodguytex

Quote from: spe450 on June 29, 2017, 10:37:11 am
I love Cheetos, and I used to love mountain dew, but I gave them up four years ago. So I know what you mean.
Quote from: spe450 on June 29, 2017, 10:37:50 am
I'm excited about it.  I just hope that the bigger donors keep the endzones full.
Me too.

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on June 29, 2017, 10:40:04 am
Seven!?!? Got me beat. I stopped about 2012 and began to feel immediately better. It's a rare occasion to still miss that sweet sting of carbonation, but I'm far happier without it.

What are you, a communist or something?

FraggleHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 29, 2017, 08:26:35 am

Don't quote me on this, but I believe I read somewhere the master plan includes widening of Razorback Road and improving the general cosmetic appearance of the road, sky bridge (to the suites) and exterior of the stadium (making it look more like the east side).

I agree that it needs to be improved, but it isn't happening at this time.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

FraggleHog

Quote from: spe450 on June 29, 2017, 10:37:50 am

I'm pretty sure there's a wait list for the end zone suites.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Seebs

Quote from: spe450 on June 29, 2017, 10:32:45 am
Who has the issues with those who disagree here?  And I never said anything about your opinion so how do you assume that I can't take a difference in opinion?  I did make a suggestion that you could explain the reasoning instead of worrying what everyone else thought about our stadium.

I should apologize, as your post that I replied to was the greatest post in the history of Hogville and added enormous value to this thread!  Mine pales in comparison to the genius that was the 30 words of shimmering critique you gave to a project that isn't even complete yet!  You have humbled me.

What a crotchety shitbag mentality you have.

That is HFF worthy right there.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 29, 2017, 10:53:57 am

They had 6 or 7 available in April, I don't know as of today.

ricepig

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 29, 2017, 10:52:58 am
Don't quote me on this, but I believe I read somewhere the master plan includes widening of Razorback Road and improving the general cosmetic appearance of the road, sky bridge (to the suites) and exterior of the stadium (making it look more like the east side).

There are plans to widen Maple in front of Lot 44(Pit), but I'm not sure on continuing up Razorback Rd from Leroy Pond?? It's needed, but we'll have to paint some parking spots green to have any grass on RR, haha.

spe450

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 29, 2017, 10:53:57 am

I'm sure they won't have an issue selling the spots but I think it would be great for the outside seating to be full for at least the SEC games.

rljjr

Quote from: ricepig on June 29, 2017, 10:46:46 am
What are you, a communist or something?

Oh, Comrade Ricepig, surely you still have copy of Ivan Drago poster.

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on June 29, 2017, 11:29:40 am
Oh, Comrade Ricepig, surely you still have copy of Ivan Drago poster.

Nope, I'm 44oz Diet Coke man, All-American!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The people complaining about the open space probably don't care for the standing room only areas in cowboy stadium either
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 29, 2017, 08:28:08 am
The problem with the West side is there is so little room. The structure is just a couple feet from the road.

I think they could lower RR a little and close that small parking lot or put it underground.  Then build a a deck over RR.  That would give you that whole area for a raise plaza and make it less crowded and dangerous at the entrances.  Dangerous from crowds mixing with cars at that point.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 29, 2017, 12:05:04 pm
I think they could lower RR a little and close that small parking lot or put it underground.  Then build a a deck over RR.  That would give you that whole area for a raise plaza and make it less crowded and dangerous at the entrances.  Dangerous from crowds mixing with cars at that point.
Are you talking about that small parking lot right across from the stadium? That's where the families of the players park. Doubt they get rid of it

Oklahawg

Regarding parking, there was some discussion about a multi-level parking garage in Lot 44 (where all the construction equipment is located in those pictures, lol). When the stadium is finished maybe the university partners with the RF to build that (since students and UA visitors for non-athletic events would use it also).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

spe450

Quote from: Seebs on June 29, 2017, 11:16:29 am
That is HFF worthy right there.

I still represent where I can.

razorcash2

Quote from: spe450 on June 28, 2017, 04:04:56 pm
Because Frank wanted it that way.

A half-truth.

rljjr

Quote from: ricepig on June 29, 2017, 11:35:33 am
Nope, I'm 44oz Diet Coke man, All-American!

Well you'll need the ole '96er to go with that!

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 29, 2017, 10:52:58 am

will have to wait until Bumpers is gone....the cost per added seat will be infinite and he won't understand.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 29, 2017, 08:04:36 am
I just don't care for that open space, it has an incomplete look to it. On the other hand, that may provide a great spot for the SEC Network (and ESPN Gameday, when they eventually return) to set up for games.
great idea
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on June 29, 2017, 01:57:39 pm
Well you'll need the ole '96er to go with that!

I can eat a pretty big ole steak from Does, but I don't think I can handle the 96oz, lol. Several years ago my oldest played in a baseball tournament at Amarillo and we ate at The Big Texan. There were a couple of guys, not in our group, trying to eat the 72oz steak challenge there, both failed.

go hogues

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on June 29, 2017, 02:07:13 pm
will have to wait until Bumpers Pryor is gone....the cost per added seat will be infinite and he won't understand.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 29, 2017, 01:10:02 pm
Regarding parking, there was some discussion about a multi-level parking garage in Lot 44 (where all the construction equipment is located in those pictures, lol). When the stadium is finished maybe the university partners with the RF to build that (since students and UA visitors for non-athletic events would use it also).

Shoot I hope they don't do it north of stadium in 44. Would be a big ole eye sore since the ground is higher there and the deck would be higher than the stadium. Put the thing where barn hill is with a second floor access from stadium dr. Or put a deck on lot 55 (pomfret/track).
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on June 29, 2017, 04:49:03 pm
Shoot I hope they don't do it north of stadium in 44. Would be a big ole eye sore since the ground is higher there and the deck would be higher than the stadium. Put the thing where barn hill is with a second floor access from stadium dr. Or put a deck on lot 55 (pomfret/track).

The master plan had an underground parking garage with Lot 44 being all grass and a tailgating location. I suspect that is way down the list and time frame these days.