Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

INformal Poll - New Darksider Nation

Started by Doug, September 10, 2012, 03:02:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which one are you?

Jeff Long Darksider (I support John L Smith)
11 (1.4%)
John L Smith Darksider (I support Jeff Long)
206 (26%)
Complete Darksider v²
523 (66%)
I support both Jeff Long and John L Smith
53 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 782

jimmiewkersh

September 11, 2012, 12:12:16 pm #200 Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:17:30 pm by jimmiewkersh
I have no choice but to be a complete Darksider V.  While I originally supported JL with the firing, the JLS hiring and the debacle on the field the last two weeks must be laid squarely at JL's feet.  With that in mind, (cue the Emperial March) my turn to the darkside for the second time, is now complete again.

The Darkside of the Force is anitthetical to feelings and emotions, it is cold hard facts based.  While at one time I was an innocent lover of all things HOGS, I am now only passionate about 1 thing, the cold hard facts that go into the win/loss column.

Yes, my turn is now complete.

hoggystyle78

Quote from: notshavintiljlsgo on September 11, 2012, 07:21:42 am
duh
Friggin awesome to see you back Notshavin!, where've you been hiding out? Just like the old days, darksiders and Notshavin is back!!!!  ;D

lewd and lascivious

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 11, 2012, 08:33:49 am
How's the club coming along guys?  Did you draw up an agenda yet?  Have you organized a date to take your show on the road? 

Now THIS is funny. There will be a secret handshake that involves placing your index finger in your nostril, I believe.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: lewd and lascivious on September 11, 2012, 01:00:05 pm
Now THIS is funny. There will be a secret handshake that involves placing your index finger in your nostril, I believe.
here's our handshake

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 11, 2012, 01:07:42 pm
here's our handshake

So now you're moving from a movie character who ordered the murders of children, to the denigration of women. 

Man you're on a roll today.  This club is awesome. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

SixtySecondsOfPitino

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 11, 2012, 01:16:03 pm
So now you're moving from a movie character who ordered the murders of children, to the denigration of women. 

U mad, breh.

Pig in the Pokey

you are a real piece of work lmao!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hogsanity

Now just stop it, every 5 years or so these guys have to act like they know how to run a d1 atheltic program.  Go back to when HDN was let go, look at the names of the coaches they wanted. 

Besides, if they do march on the BAC, at least they will get some sun for a change.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Harley_Hawg

"Do you feel it?
Do you feel the power of the dark side?
The only real power!
The only thing worth living for! "

"Equality is a lie...A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence."

―Darth Bane

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: SixtySecondsOfPitino on September 11, 2012, 01:20:20 pm
U mad, breh.

Amused.  Nothing more. 

I'm expecting a "black out" with all of the new DS members.  Well, with the 13 members, of which about five would have the guts to wear black in public, it may be tough for a real black out.  Maybe if you all sit in one section it would sort of look like a big ladybug.   ;D 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 11, 2012, 02:17:17 pm
Amused.  Nothing more. 

I'm expecting a "black out" with all of the new DS members.  Well, with the 13 members, of which about five would have the guts to wear black in public, it may be tough for a real black out.  Maybe if you all sit in one section it would sort of look like a big ladybug.   ;D
at least i'm 1 of the 5!

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 11, 2012, 02:19:00 pm
at least i'm 1 of the 5!

You rebel.  It would make a MUCH bigger impact if you'd invest in a Sith Lord costume though. 

Be careful though...you don't want the sign gustapo to run you.   ;D

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 11, 2012, 02:38:56 pm
You rebel.  It would make a MUCH bigger impact if you'd invest in a Sith Lord costume though. 

Be careful though...you don't want the sign gustapo to run you.   ;D
hmm, this idea is fantastic...

Piggyfarmer

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 11, 2012, 08:33:49 am
How's the club coming along guys?  Did you draw up an agenda yet?  Have you organized a date to take your show on the road? 

Close but the agenda is not set yet.  Let us know when Long's Lemmings get together so we can crash that party however.
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

lewd and lascivious

Quote from: hogdogcrazy on September 11, 2012, 03:35:42 pm
Close but the agenda is not set yet.  Let us know when Long's Lemmings get together so we can crash that party however.

That will probably be Razorback Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

TransAmHawg

Never left the Darkside,
Welcome back home my friends.

Now where my cookies!!!!!?
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

urkillnmesmalls

September 11, 2012, 11:11:16 pm #218 Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 11:12:55 pm by urkillnmesmalls
Quote from: hogdogcrazy on September 11, 2012, 03:35:42 pm

I'm not aware of any club for that.  That exists in your mind.  Your hatred of JL doesn't in any way mean there are people out there who are fans of JL.  I have no allegiance to Jeff Long.  I've said all along that the UA was involved in the firing of BP, and JL was likely nothing more than the messenger.

It's the DSer's who love to hate...not me. 

You guys should set up a "darksider tailgate" so you can make your presence known.  Really shake the place up.     

urkillnmesmalls

Why did this die? 

Did everyone get the back patting out of their system, or did all 13 of you go stealth so you can better plan your master strategy?

Or...did you just run out of cookies?  You should have bought an extra dozen to go with those first 12 just in case some members wanted more than 1.  Gotta plan ahead fellas.   

GuvHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 12, 2012, 12:40:27 am
Why did this die? 

Did everyone get the back patting out of their system, or did all 13 of you go stealth so you can better plan your master strategy?

Or...did you just run out of cookies?  You should have bought an extra dozen to go with those first 12 just in case some members wanted more than 1.  Gotta plan ahead fellas.   

13??? Not hardly. I refer you to the poll at the top of the page.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

lewd and lascivious

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on September 12, 2012, 01:54:22 am
13??? Not hardly. I refer you to the poll at the top of the page.

Wow! Quite impressive. Now you just need another statewide telephone push poll that turns out the exact opposite of what you want, and some cell phone FOIs, and we'll be right back to 2006!

b0sc0b

Quote from: MAL3 on September 10, 2012, 03:10:42 pm
But you are standing up and down waving your hands promoting division...
Division is already here, your Kool Aid is on the table.  It calls you.  You (almost alone) must drink it.  Go.
Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem.-Ronald Reagan

AmityHOG

Some People's Kids

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Douglas on September 10, 2012, 03:02:54 pm
I'm part of the (now growing) Darksider v² movement.

It's important to note that no matter HOW we vote in the poll above, we support the PLAYERS and the Razorbacks as a whole.

I just cannot stand to watch what the LEADERSHIP, the PIiC (Paid Idiots in Charge) have done to our beloved football program.

Bring on the T shirts, game signs and the Airplane again! 
Time to publish all the contact information for the BOT again too!
Jeff the Carpet Bagger Long got to go.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

FAABrad

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 11, 2012, 09:27:48 am
No...that's why the poll is a joke.  This is NOT a black and white issue.  There are a plethora of different ways to feel about the myriad of issues surrounding the situation.  I do find it amusing that people are using the "darksiders" and basically claiming Star Wars and Darth Vader as their inspiration.  How many people actually watch those movies and root for the Dark Side to win?  If you do...then you're missing the point entirely.  I bet I could dig up posts where almost every one of you CRUCIFIED Auburn for the Cam Newton scandal and raked them over the coals for what they did.  Meanwhile, you now want to throw all "integrity" aside and have BP back on staff and pretend nothing ever happened.   

It's typical of how the "darksiders" see this as a black and white issue.  It's an attempt to pigeon hole people into their "us vs. them" mentality.  I didn't even vote, and I think this little club is very teenager-ish in nature, and has a negative connotation to begin with.

My option is nowhere to be found in the poll. 

Understand the firing, would have loved to see the UA retain him, don't think I know more than the people at the UA being paid to look after the program's best interest, think the UA made the decision and not JL exclusively, will evaluate JL based on the next hire

Put that in this childish poll and I'll vote.   

Actually your choice most certainly is up there.  It seems very black and white to me that you support Jeff Long and John L Smith.  Why is it that hard for you to figure out on your own?  FWIW I don't have a problem with that view.  Its not how I feel about it but you are certainly entitled to feel that way and even have an arguable position.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: FAABrad on September 12, 2012, 12:04:11 pm
Actually your choice most certainly is up there.  It seems very black and white to me that you support Jeff Long and John L Smith.  Why is it that hard for you to figure out on your own?  FWIW I don't have a problem with that view.  Its not how I feel about it but you are certainly entitled to feel that way and even have an arguable position.

Ahhh man.  Does this mean I wouldn't be welcomed in the club?  Shoot..there goes that time I spent writing that membership inquiry.   

While I appreciate you coming along to tell me how I think and what my opinion would be if I were to vote, the thought of me even clicking on one of the choices in the poll makes me laugh.   

It was 5 months ago.  If you and your 13 other fellow DS'ers, I figure you make 14 now, were somehow able to get JL booted and BP re-instated, and he lost his first game after coming back, rest assured that I wouldn't be starting any club or putting up a poll to have him "re-terminated." 

You guys get JL out and BP back, and I'll be perfectly fine with it.  I'm serious on that.  I'm on record as saying that I think there is a MUCH greater chance of a ridiculous banner, sign, comment on TV, or some other form of crazed fan behavior that will just further hurt our reputation and chances to get a top coach in here, than there ever will be of BP coming back or getting rid of JL.

Are you guys working on an agenda?  Oh, and just wondering...how long do I have to wait before I get to come back and say "I told you so" like so many of you all COULDN'T WAIT to do at the first sign of adversity?  Is it when BP takes his next position, and if JL is still the AD next fall?  What's my cut-off, because I don't want to miss my big chance to boost my ego and prove how great of a prognosticator I am.   

Fatty McGee

How do you become a darksider against a coach who already has the interim tag and it's in his contract that he has no job security? 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

razorbackkid

Quote from: Fatty McGee on September 13, 2012, 12:23:40 am
How do you become a darksider against a coach who already has the interim tag and it's in his contract that he has no job security? 

"It's the establishment, man, that needs to go"...(passing the joint to you now)  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

It's soooo much fun getting to see all the players who will kick our arse the next 3 years...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07