Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saturday Game Two versus Villanova (12:30 pm appx)

Started by flippinhogmana, February 24, 2018, 08:22:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

They show to have only played two games, they beat Marist 10-5 and lost to McNeese St. 13-3
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

both Buczek and McEwen ground out to start the top half of the first
Kryzsko flies out to cf
Haff will be pitching in the bottom half of the first
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Haff is just money so far. :-)

Just got home and tuned in.

flippinhogmana

haff strikes out the first batter swinging
the next batter Ks looking
haff strikes out the side, to the top of the 2nd

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

belans is playing today, btw, played the first game

psycHOGlogist

Yes - here you go: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1OyKANzMwggGb

Belans grounds out to SS.
Green flies out to LF.
Malkin is swinging for the fences. She's getting a steady diet of breaking balls that she keeps fouling off. But she walks. Runner on 1, 2 out.
Diaz singles past the short stop, runners on 1/2, 2 out. Bases full of speed (lol). ;-)
Bugarin hits a really long foul ball ... then pops to the SS ... who drops it, and Malkin, running on contact, scores on the error. 1-0 Hogs. Diaz to 3b. Runners on 1/3, 2 outs.
Parr is up - @budweiser35 gets his wish! She got the start today.
She hits a solid grounder to 2b, though, ending the inning. 1-0 Hogs on the unearned run.

Due up for Villanova - 3-4-5.

flippinhogmana

thanks Psych, you are a handy guy to have around!

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 24, 2018, 12:47:49 pm
thanks Psych, you are a handy guy to have around!

Not a widely held opinion, but thanks! ;-)

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 24, 2018, 12:43:49 pm
belans is playing today, btw, played the first game

I saw that. So probably not sick or injured.

psycHOGlogist

T3

Haff K's the first batter on a foul tip that Green hangs onto, 1 down.
Next batter rolls a soft one to Buczek at 3b, but runner is slow and it's an easy play. 2 down.
Haff makes the batter look silly on a change for the K/3rd out.

Due up for the Hogs: Top of the order (Buczek, McEwen, Krzysko)

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 24, 2018, 12:53:45 pm
I saw that. So probably not sick or injured.

notice cooper isnt in the lineup this game as well?  Its left Parr is in.

psycHOGlogist

psycHOGlogist

February 24, 2018, 01:00:06 pm #14 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:14:44 pm by psycHOGlogist
T3 -
Buczek gets the infield drawn way in with a couple bunt attempts then slaps one hard past the 2b for a single. Runner on 1, 0 out.
Buczek steals second - feed is a little wonky, but it looked like she made it easily. Runner on 2, 0 out.
McEwen singles to RC, Buzcek to 3b. Runners on 1/3, 0 out.
Krzysko goes deep to RC - 3 run dinger. 4-0 Hogs. No doubt about that one.
Pitching change for Villanova.
Belans makes decent contact but flies out to LC, 1 out. (Stat feed says RF, but ... I think that's definitely wrong.)
Green walks after a fairly long at bat. Thought she got rung up for a second, but she's on 1b. 1 out.
Malkin singles through the left side, Green to 2b, but then strays off the base and gets tagged out. Freshman! ;-)
Stat sheet calling this a FC, but ... I dunno.
Diaz with another single to LF, runners at 1/2, 2 out.
Bugarin singles past the SS, bases loaded, 2 out. Another chance for Parr with RISP.
She puts a VERY sweet swing on one and singles to CF, scoring two. It's 6-0 Hogs. Runners on 1/2, 2 out.
Buczek flies out to CF to end the inning. 6-0 Hogs heading to the bottom of the 3rd.

Due up for the Wildcats: 7-8-9

psycHOGlogist

B3 -
7 hitter grounds out to Buczek, easy play. 1 down.
Haff K's the next batter looking.
And the next one swinging. Solid inning of work.

Due up for Hogs - McEwen, Krzysko, Belans.

psycHOGlogist

February 24, 2018, 01:23:52 pm #16 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:41:09 pm by psycHOGlogist
T4 -
McEwen starts us off with a big double to RC off the wall. Runner on 2, 0 out.
Krzysko pops out behind 1b, 1 down.
Belans singles to LF, McEwen to 3b. PR for Belans is Edwards. Runners on 1/3, 1 out.
Have to wonder if they'll send Edwards here. They do - and the catcher throws to 3rd, it gets away. McEwen scores, but they throw back to 2nd and catch Edwards leaning off. 7-0 Hogs.
Too bad, because Green goes DEEEP on the next pitch for the HR. 8-0 Hogs, run rule territory!
Malkin walks, and we send up Haff to hit at the plate!
Haizlip in to PR at first for Malkin, too.
Haff ... looks maybe a little rusty at the plate. But the pitcher throws one way outside, gets away from C, and Haizlip advances to 2b. Runner on 2, 2 out. Haff earns the BB! Runners on 1/2, 2 out.
Diaz re-enters to run for Haff.
Bugarin grounds one through the left side, everyone moves up a base. Bases loaded, 2 outs. Parr up again. This is her third trip with RISP, 2nd with the bases juiced.
Parr slices one into LF for a single, run scores, everyone moves up a base. 9-0 Hogs. Bases still loaded, 2 outs.
Buczek makes contact but grounds out to the left side to end the threat. 9-0 Hogs, 6 outs away from a run-rule win.

Looks like Haff back out to face the top of the Nova order.

Sow’sEar

budweiser35

psycHOGlogist

Looks like some subs in for the Hogs. Buczek to SS, Belans out. Manzo in at 3b. Archuleta in to C.

B4 -
1st batter flies out to CF. Nice play out there I think by Krzysko.
2nd batter hits a soft grounder to SS, and Buczek makes a good play, 2 down.
3rd batter hits a bouncer to 3b, and Manzo throws her out. Another nice inning.

Due up for the Hogs: McEwen, Krzysko, and Manzo.

psycHOGlogist

T5 - Deifel out to talk to ump, maybe some changes coming.
That took a while lol.

Well, this isn't McEwen. It's Warrick, who flies out to LC. 1 down.
I don't think this is Krzysko, either. I think it might be Hedgcock? Yes, she K's. Sort of half-hearted looking AB.
Manzo makes contact, but flies out to end the inning. The conference before the inning took longer than the Hogs' AB lol.

flippinhogmana

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 24, 2018, 01:47:53 pm
looks like the stat feed is froze
I think it just took them a while to figure out the changes.

flippinhogmana

stats back.  Is it eight after five is the run rule, I though it was ten and then eight after six, but I guess not.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 24, 2018, 01:53:10 pm
stats back.  Is it eight after five is the run rule, I though it was ten and then eight after six, but I guess not.

Nope. 8 runs any time after the 5th.

psycHOGlogist

B5 - We're in run rule territory.

Due up - Villanova's 4-5-6 hitters.

Haff gets the first out on a fly ball to SS in shallow left. 1 down.
Next batter flies out to RC, 2 down.
Well CRAP! The batter bunts her way on, and the Wildcats BREAK UP the no-no that Haff had going. Runner on 1, 2 out. Close play at 1b, too.
And the next batter slaps one past a diving Buczek for the second single, runners on 1/2, 2 outs.
Oh - and they called the previous hit an error -- which seems harsh. So NOW the no hitter is over.
Next batter pops out to 2b, and that is that.

One hit shut out for the Hogs, another run rule win. Four for four in this tournament so far. That's about right, imo. The McNeese game, as budweiser35 noted, should be a good challenge.

Sow’sEar

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 24, 2018, 01:53:53 pm
Nope. 8 runs any time after the 5th.
thats right.  And in my opinion an advantage Softball has over baseball. 

JHicks3636

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 24, 2018, 01:54:41 pm
B5 - We're in run rule territory.

Due up - Villanova's 4-5-6 hitters.

Haff gets the first out on a fly ball to SS in shallow left. 1 down.
Next batter flies out to RC, 2 down.
Well CRAP! The batter bunts her way on, and the Wildcats BREAK UP the no-no that Haff had going. Runner on 1, 2 out. Close play at 1b, too.

Stats had it as an error. Is that incorrect?

JHicks3636

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Lulu Hog on February 24, 2018, 01:57:01 pm
thats right.  And in my opinion an advantage Softball has over baseball.

I never coached softball, but I did boys baseball.  I guess I thought the run rule was the same.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 24, 2018, 01:59:20 pm
Stats had it as an error. Is that incorrect?

In my opinion, it wasn't an error, but honestly, the feed was just a little blurry, so it was hard to make out. But yes, since the next batter got a clean single, it's a moot point.

JHicks3636

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 24, 2018, 02:02:18 pm
In my opinion, it wasn't an error, but honestly, the feed was just a little blurry, so it was hard to make out. But yes, since the next batter got a clean single, it's a moot point.
Tough way to lose a perfect game and no- hitter

psycHOGlogist

Right - and I didn't even bring it up in the pbp because I didn't want to jinx it! ;-)

At this rate, though, she'll have other chances.