Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good job Mike!!!

Started by Sidvicious, January 27, 2018, 10:32:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidvicious

Keep winning baby! Can't wait to see us beat A&M next week!

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Nevertheless, yes! Keep it rolling!

BadHog

Good job Hogs for over coming a less than stellar performance. They dug it out and won!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

liljo

Pretty or not, it was great seeing the Hogs hold up their end for the SEC and they showed grit clean to the final buzzer.

I listened to the whole game on the radio. Go Hogs!
WPS!!!

I love Coach Anderson. I am very happy for him to go home with a good win. I think he is working very hard to prepare this team for some March basketball.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Sidvicious

Gafford will emerge again. Thompson, Dustin Thomas, Darius Hall are all beginning to emerge. Need CJ Jones to start shooting the ball again.

alaback

Quote from: Sidvicious on January 27, 2018, 10:43:30 pm
Gafford will emerge again. Thompson, Dustin Thomas, Darius Hall are all beginning to emerge. Need CJ Jones to start shooting the ball again.

CJ hit a couple of big threes late when we needed them.  He needs to get better on defense though if he wants more playing time.

hogsanity

Quote from: alaback on January 27, 2018, 10:56:48 pm
CJ hit a couple of big threes late when we needed them.  He needs to get better on defense though if he wants more playing time.

Is his defense that much worse than any of the other players he might take playing time from?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

chortle

Quote from: alaback on January 27, 2018, 10:56:48 pm
CJ hit a couple of big threes late when we needed them.

And Anderson mysteriously took him out of the game immediately after.

WooPigFarm

out of 222 games since hes been here, I think mike is 142-80... 

I wonder what was the record of the 222 games before Mike got here

alaback

Quote from: WooPigFarm on January 27, 2018, 11:43:23 pm
out of 222 games since hes been here, I think mike is 142-80... 

I wonder what was the record of the 222 games before Mike got here

Mike is now 143-80.
The record in the prior 223 games was 128-95.

This does not include the 2004 12-16 season or the 2003 9-19 record.

Sidvicious

Mike has won 64 conference games up until now (approx 6.5 seasons). In the prior 7 full seasons we won just 41.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Sidvicious on January 28, 2018, 07:28:45 am
Mike has won 64 conference games up until now (approx 6.5 seasons). In the prior 7 full seasons we won just 41.

Many on HV don't compare for progress.. they compare to Duke, UNC, UK and Kansas.. if your not as good as them NOW, you need to go.... because we all know, every great coach in America want's to be at Arkansas...

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

3kgthog

Quote from: Sidvicious on January 28, 2018, 07:28:45 am

And those coaches took the Hogs just as far as Mike has in the NCAAT. So, what does that really matter?

PonderinHog

Heath never won a NCAAT game at Arkansas.

Pelphrey won one, in his first season, with Heath's players, and never made it back.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 28, 2018, 12:20:11 pm
And those coaches took the Hogs just as far as Mike has in the NCAAT. So, what does that really matter?
Most people with common sense realize that the road to stability requires not completely tanking like we did with the previous coaches at times.

forrest city joe

Mike dug this program out of Pel's ditch.so don't you dare compare the two. you haters are reaching for everything.and you keep losing!Mike Anderson is going to be the coach here for more years.so you may as well stop your whining and crying!

razorpimp

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 28, 2018, 12:48:28 pm
Mike dug this program out of Pel's ditch.so don't you dare compare the two. you haters are reaching for everything.and you keep losing!Mike Anderson is going to be the coach here for more years.so you may as well stop your whining and crying!

Hell yea Joe!  Let's stop whining and crying to accept mediocrity like you! 

It doesn't matter what previous records were before Mike...a bunch of bad hires by incompetent people!  What was Wichita St basketball before Marshall?

forrest city joe

Quote from: razorpimp on January 28, 2018, 12:52:52 pm

It doesn't matter what previous records were before Mike...a bunch of bad hires by incompetent people!  What was Wichita St basketball before Marshall?
There is a reason Bud Walton is selling out again. and it's not because of mediocrity.it's because we have a good basketball program that is winning games.while crybaby's like you are whining about firing the coach.the coach is not getting fired this year.PERIOD!so you haters can forget that.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: razorpimp on January 28, 2018, 12:52:52 pm

Wasn't Mark Turgeon pretty good? Wichita St. was TERRIBLE before he got there. Got the A&M job because he rebuilt Wichita St. Got the Maryland job because he won at A&M? WTH are you talking about chicken little?

jvanhorn

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 28, 2018, 08:26:49 am
Many on HV don't compare for progress.. they compare to Duke, UNC, UK and Kansas.. if your not as good as them NOW, you need to go.... because we all know, every great coach in America want's to be at Arkansas...

As I remember at one time both the head coach at Kansas, even though he wasn't at Kansas at the time, and the head coach at Wichita State wanted to come here.  We didn't offer the guy at Wichita State because  we wanted Nolan Light.   It only takes 8-10 players to fix a basketball problem, versus probably 40 to solve a football problem so how come the football coaches only 3 to 5 years to right the ship but basketball coaches evidently get 7-10 years .  You and I both know why.  Follow the money.

Fan701

Yes, it's great to be in the tourney and to win games there, but to pretend that the regular season doesn't matter or that our record in the SEC doesn't matter strikes me as wrong. Speaking for myself, it matters a lot that we win more in the regular season now and that we clearly have better teams now that we had before, even if we haven't made it back to elite level.  To me, at any rate, there is now at least something to cheer for.

razorback1829

Quote from: Fan701 on January 28, 2018, 03:38:20 pm
Yes, it's great to be in the tourney and to win games there, but to pretend that the regular season doesn't matter or that our record in the SEC doesn't matter strikes me as wrong. Speaking for myself, it matters a lot that we win more in the regular season now and that we clearly have better teams now that we had before, even if we haven't made it back to elite level.  To me, at any rate, there is now at least something to cheer for.

All these people who have to gripe, continually contradict themselves. They try to find a statistic to cling to, and totally bypasses what matters most: winning. Unless you're at a blue blood school most times, if you're a fan, you want to be in the tournament with favorable matchups to make a run every once in a while. But you gotta be in the dance first. Confrence matters, but Confrence titles are rather meaningless. CMA had show the ability to take HIS teams right outside the final four. Would be foolish to think he won't break through soon.

orvillesghost

Anything less than the SEC regular season title and/or making it past the round of 32 in the NCAA Tourney and this season is a failure. This is a senior dominated team and we should expect that.

If we don't, that is seven years in without doing either and I find that unacceptable. I don't *hate* Mike. He is a good man, he has brought the program up from where it was but just making the tournament and finishing third or fourth in the league isn't getting the job done.

Fan701

Quote from: orvillesghost on January 28, 2018, 04:15:49 pm
Anything less than the SEC regular season title and/or making it past the round of 32 in the NCAA Tourney and this season is a failure. This is a senior dominated team and we should expect that.

If we don't, that is seven years in without doing either and I find that unacceptable. I don't *hate* Mike. He is a good man, he has brought the program up from where it was but just making the tournament and finishing third or fourth in the league isn't getting the job done.
That would be great since it's been over twenty years since we won the SEC season title or advanced to the sweet sixteen. Sometimes it's hard to believe it's been so long.  We're pretty good this year, but it would take a miracle to win the SEC regular season now, and, though we should get into the tourney, we probably won't have a great seed.  The second game in will likely be against an elite team.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Sidvicious on January 27, 2018, 10:43:30 pm

Just win baby..I agree Gafford will get a second wind and Thompson has really came on. I wish Mike would play Gafford and Thompson together. I also agree that Hall and Jones can push this team to a higher level. Thomas they don't

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 28, 2018, 01:38:48 pm
There is a reason Bud Walton is selling out again. and it's not because of mediocrity.it's because we have a good basketball program that is winning games.while crybaby's like you are whining about firing the coach.the coach is not getting fired this year.PERIOD!so you haters can forget that.

I like you Joe but you are overboard with the haters on Mike. He is not above criticism and there are things he does that are rightfully talked about. He does need to win two games this year he has a lot of seniors. He needs to recruit more big's that can play in the SEC.

But to just attack anybody with a reasonable question on Mike's coaching is not right and makes you no better than the so called haters that just wait till we lose to jump on here. Even when we win some aren't happy. But one thing I know is Joe is a Hogfan.

Sidvicious

Changed my mind. Fire Anderson!!

clew

Does anyone here honestly think we could win the NIT?
Pure as the dawn

HogBreath

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 28, 2018, 12:48:28 pm
Hey Jo Jo, remember when Mike was hired and you claimed we'd be back in the top ten by year three of your precious farce forty?

How'd that work out for ya? 
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hogsanity

Quote from: clew on February 03, 2018, 09:15:54 pm
Does anyone here honestly think we could win the NIT?

I doubt they'd get past rnd 2.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Sidvicious

Texas Tech was less than mediocre before Beard arrived in a tougher league. After just 2 yrs Beard has them in the top ten. Yr 7 and we will miss the tourney with Mike. I really wanted this to work, but it won't.

cram224

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 28, 2018, 08:26:49 am
You are flat out wrong. Most people on HV just wants us to be competitive in the SEC first. Then get hopefully get a high seed in the NCAAT. That is not too much to ask. Don't stump your toe while kicking rocks.