Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Never chant SEC at a sporting event again!

Started by HamHands, October 18, 2009, 06:45:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamHands

After what we have seen out of the SEC refs on the field this year, I for one am developing the "us against them" attitude I had when the Hogs were in the SWC. The numerous bad calls and no calls against the "pride" of the SEC this year has been nauseating. I remember the shoulder shiver delivered by the ref last year in the LSU-SC game. On and on! I will not pull for the SEC and I will not chant SEC at a game. Frick 'em.  >:( :puke:
One day at a time.

Tejano Jawg

I've ALWAYS hated that cheer. Just like my feelings for the SEC teams in general.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

NWARazor

Because it's Everything Texas isn't; Better than Ole Miss; a Northerner's Dream and a Southerner's Wish; the Pride of Arkansas; The Ultimate College Experience; Wooooo Pig Sooie; Old Main; LSU's Worst Nightmare; And a Place That Can Get In Your Blood and Stay Forever...

linze82

i am with you. we are the odd man out. let's take it and run with it
smite me bishes

ark30inf

Quote from: NWARazor on October 18, 2009, 06:59:19 pm
So, back to the way it was in the SWC?  ???

Sadly, if something is not done, my SEC love is draining.  If I am going to be a second class citizen, I am going to be an unruly one.

ark30inf

The real test though, will be when we get in the Top 5 here in a couple of years.  Will we get the same calls against an unranked Alabama/Florida/Tennessee?  That will be the real test...and it is coming.

Wildhog

Quote from: ark30inf on October 18, 2009, 07:02:55 pm
The real test though, will be when we get in the Top 5 here in a couple of years.  Will we get the same calls against an unranked Alabama/Florida/Tennessee?  That will be the real test...and it is coming.

As long as Saban/Meyer are around, there won't be an unranked Bama or Florida.  Not sure on UT yet.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HamHands

Circle the wagons! Arkansas against the rest of the SEC. Frick'em all!
One day at a time.

SemperFi

Quote from: ark30inf on October 18, 2009, 07:00:55 pm
Sadly, if something is not done, my SEC love is draining.  If I am going to be a second class citizen, I am going to be an unruly one.

Best quote of the day!

I'm done with the SEC myself and will cheer for the opposing team/conference, especially whenever they play bama & florida. Any thoughts about signs at the next home game? I'm working on mine.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

intoxhog

Quote from: ark30inf on October 18, 2009, 07:00:55 pm
Spot on, I just added your quote to my sig!

+1 to you
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz