Pinto

February 22, 2018, 02:06:17 pm Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:53:53 pm by SPAL
Mataio Soli
DE | Douglasville, GA | 6'4" | 230 lbs | Committed

Composite Rating: .89 ****
24/7 Profile
Rivals Profile
HUDL

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/may/30/highly-recruited-de-mataio-soli-tells-why-hogs-are/?f=sports

He's the son of former Razorback defensive lineman Junior Soli and the cousin of present Razorback great Pinto 😅

navyhog24

Pinto

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 22, 2018, 02:14:45 pm
Does he love the helmet?

He wasn't raised in Arkansas so i can't say he "loves" the helmet if that's what you meant. His mom and dad(obviously) are UofA alumni and he comes here two or three times a year to visit our family. He was raised in Georgia so he might be a UGA fan plus his dad was a defensive line coach under Nutt so they relocated to Oxford when Nutt was at Ole Miss. He definitely will be visiting here though

pigture perfect

I love getting 2nd and 3rd generation players here. It's like having family come home. I think most of the time they come here for pride sake.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Tusks

Quote from: Pinto on February 22, 2018, 02:36:23 pm
https://247sports.com/Player/Mataio-Soli-46049513

The hogs are in great hands with Steve Caldwell recruiting him.  If he can't get him to the hill, no one could.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pinto

Quote from: tusked on February 22, 2018, 03:19:01 pm
The hogs are in great hands with Steve Caldwell recruiting him.  If he can't get him to the hill, no one could.

If he can't get him to the Hill, i will 😂😂😂

jgphillips3

Quote from: Pinto on February 22, 2018, 03:20:54 pm

Ha!  Excellent!

oldfart

junior was a great player so he has the genes

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Pinto on February 22, 2018, 02:06:17 pm
Picked up an offer from the Hogs today. He has offers from Florida, Oregon, Stanford, GA Tech and a few other programs. He's the son of former Razorback defensive lineman Junior Soli and the cousin of present Razorback great Pinto 😅

24/7 doesn't show offers from Oregon or Stanford but hope we get him regardless.  If Caldwell wants him, that's good enough for me.

supersaint

Quote from: oldfart on February 22, 2018, 04:04:47 pm

In the old indoor workout area of the BAC, there was a climbing rope that hung from the ceiling.  Junior could climb that thing without using his legs!  He was about 305 at the time. 
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Pinto

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 22, 2018, 04:29:06 pm
24/7 doesn't show offers from Oregon or Stanford but hope we get him regardless.  If Caldwell wants him, that's good enough for me.

He has offers from both of those schools according to him and his dad. He is visiting Duke this weekend as well

liljo

Quote from: Pinto on February 22, 2018, 03:20:54 pm

Wooooooooo Pig!

Thanks for sharing! Hope we get him. Going to be watching!
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

King Kong

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 22, 2018, 04:29:06 pm

247 shows the offer from Oregon on his timeline

ArkansasI

Quote from: oldfart on February 22, 2018, 04:04:47 pm

I'd like to offer mega dittos to this. Junior was a very good player.

Good luck to Mataio. I hope he calls the Hogs.

go hogues

Junior Soli was hella good! Hope his son calls the Hogs!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Pinto

Quote from: King Kong on February 22, 2018, 08:51:19 pm
247 shows the offer from Oregon on his timeline

Yup...they're missing his Stanford and Syracuse offer. His stock is going to go up once he goes to Under Armour camp in a couple months.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Pinto on February 22, 2018, 09:29:52 pm
Yup...they're missing his Stanford and Syracuse offer. His stock is going to go up once he goes to Under Armour camp in a couple months.
Jeez how do you share such a good bloodline with those guys?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Pinto

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on February 22, 2018, 09:31:02 pm
Jeez how do you share such a good bloodline with those guys?

Junior married my biological cousin

Richard Davenport

Quote from: tusked on February 22, 2018, 03:19:01 pm

Lunney is recruiting him. Steve might be talking to him some, but Junior and Lunney were in the same recruiting class so Lunney is the lead guy here.

King Kong

Quote from: Pinto on February 22, 2018, 09:43:35 pm
Junior married my biological cousin

Well, let them know how bad we Hog fans want him. WPS

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Pinto

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 22, 2018, 10:20:36 pm
Lunney is recruiting him. Steve might be talking to him some, but Junior and Lunney were in the same recruiting class so Lunney is the lead guy here.

Coach Lunney reached out to him first for sure

HogInThaGrove

Anybody know his 40 time?  He looks fairly fast.  At 6'4" and 225 he would make a pretty dang good Mike or Will backer. 

ChicoHog

With offers from Duke and Stanford he must do well in the classroom also.  Stanford is pretty particular who they recruit.  Very little attrition and typically only sign around 15-18 a year.  They seldom miss on guys so I bet he is a good one. 

oldfart

Quote from: supersaint on February 22, 2018, 04:30:00 pm
In the old indoor workout area of the BAC, there was a climbing rope that hung from the ceiling.  Junior could climb that thing without using his legs!  He was about 305 at the time.

i remember that rope well. could barely climb it with arms legs and teeth :-)

supersaint

Quote from: oldfart on February 23, 2018, 06:33:10 pm

i remember that rope well. could barely climb it with arms legs and teeth :-)

I hated that thing. Junior and his brother, David, were both incredibly strong.  I bet Junior's son is too. 
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pinto on February 22, 2018, 02:36:23 pm
https://247sports.com/Player/Mataio-Soli-46049513
How in the world is there any doubt that stars don't mean diddly? This kid is a beast.!
3* my fat butt.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

liljo

I don't care how many stars he has. I hope he ends up with a Hog on each side of his helmet.   ::hornsdown:: :) ::hornsdown::
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

TexHog188

Plays with his head up all the time, shed's blockers with ease and is a sure tackler.  At 6'4" now, he could well be 6'5"-6'6" once he gets on the hill.  Woo Pig!
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Pinto

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 24, 2018, 10:41:57 am
How in the world is there any doubt that stars don't mean diddly? This kid is a beast.!
3* my fat butt.!!

He will def be a 4* by the summer

opineonswine

Quote from: go hogues on February 22, 2018, 09:24:43 pm
Junior Soli was hella good! Hope his son calls the Hogs!

I too loved watching Junior play.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Pinto

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 25, 2018, 07:03:03 am
And a Hog?

Hopefully. Will be hard to beat out UGA and Clemson if they were to give him a committable offer

ricepig

Quote from: Pinto on February 25, 2018, 11:04:57 am
Hopefully. Will be hard to beat out UGA and Clemson if they were to give him a committable offer

What??? We aren't paying you to just tell us about him, we're expect you to deliver!  :)

AlmaHog2011

Well that is disappointing. But hopefully we can get him on board. I do remember Junior Soli was a monster big strong kid. Very strong we need more inside strength.

Pinto

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 25, 2018, 08:15:22 pm
Well that is disappointing. But hopefully we can get him on board. I do remember Junior Soli was a monster big strong kid. Very strong we need more inside strength.

Yeah I'm just being realistic though. Junior is a coach at Douglas County in ATL and Taio's older brother plays football at Morehouse in ATL as well. I'm sure proximity will play a factor in his decision even though most of his mother's family lives in Arkansas

The_Boot_stops_here

He released his top 9 schools yesterday and the Hogs are included. Others include Florida, GA Tech, Oregon, Stanford, Duke, Vandy, Cal and UVA

Pinto

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 06, 2018, 07:41:19 am
He released his top 9 schools yesterday and the Hogs are included. Others include Florida, GA Tech, Oregon, Stanford, Duke, Vandy, Cal and UVA

Yeah, we'll definitely be one of his OVs. I'm sure he would have came to one of the prospect days if he didn't live so far away and/or didn't have plans to come visit the family in South Ark for Easter next month.

ChicoHog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 06, 2018, 07:41:19 am
Lot of strong academic schools on that list.  Arkansas, Oregon and Florida seem a little out of place!

hawg66

Florida is highly ranked academically

sickboy

Quote from: hawg66 on March 06, 2018, 12:59:32 pm
Florida is highly ranked academically

That's hard to believe considering the state of Florida.

rljjr

Quote from: sickboy on March 06, 2018, 02:27:02 pm
That's hard to believe considering the state of Florida.

Jorts and mulletts.

Pinto

Taio will take a visit here on April 2nd

navyhog24

Quote from: Pinto on March 20, 2018, 10:35:22 am
Taio will take a visit here on April 2nd

That's all we can ask for

Pinto

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 20, 2018, 10:53:14 am
That's all we can ask for

I'm sure this won't be his last visit although he's been racking up offers lately

WaltonCollege

outlawhogeywells

well if he is looking at business schools.  The Walton school of business is not slouch

Pinto

Taio just picked up an offer from Bama

fullfan

Is the Bama offer committable?