Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WOW Chuck really pushing for Heath to be fired!!!!

Started by Newport Hog, March 07, 2007, 08:28:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

31to6

March 07, 2007, 10:34:49 pm #50 Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 10:36:38 pm by wdremington
Quote from: Tulsahontas on March 07, 2007, 10:11:26 pm
It's racism, cut and dried.
Just because we are making the bad decision to keep our mediocre football head coach does not mean we should also make the bad decision of keeping our mediocre basketball head coach.

There is a double-standard, but that is not proof of racism merely because one is white and one is black.

There may in fact be some people who want to fire or not fire Stan because he is black. There might also be some who want to fire or not fire Nutt because he is white.

But there are very reasonable explanations for why Heath might get the axe before Houston (assuming no NCAAT):

1) New Years Day bowl versus no NCAAT
2) Massive political connections throughout the state versus an outsider with zero connections.
3) Full RRS versus half-empty BWA.
4) Somewhat awkward timing of firing Nutt so close to spring versus perfect timing of firing Heath wrt team makeup and scholarships available to new bb hc.

And so on.

Now, I think Nutt should have been summarily dismissed for his coaching ineptitude and his moral and ethical deficiencies, but just because he is managing to keep the wolves at bay does not mean that any (or more than even a very few) of the people who want to fire Stan are racists.

elkhog

GO HOGS!!!

HawgG

You let Nutt have two LOSING seasons while Heath has lead the Hogs to pretty good records over the past 3 years and you fire Heath.

Bring up Nutt going to what, 7 bowl games in 9 years and I'm going to shove the fact that right at 45% of the nations Division I teams go to bowls every year.

Let's recap.

The past 3 seasons? Houston Nutt had 2 back-to-back sub-.500 seasons.

Stan Heath? He's been over .500 the past 3 seasons and came within a game of being tied for the SEC West crown. Do you guys realize that if Heath's Hogs would've inched out the win against Florida, we'd be talking about firing a guy that finished tied for the SEC West title? Likewise, we're hearing Upchuck Barrett crow on and on about a guy who had no business getting the win against Vandy or Bama this year. Had he lost those two games, his ass would've been shipped out of Arkansas faster than you could've blinked.

All that's seperating Stan Heath from Houston Nutt is the color of their skin, a very close loss against Florida for Heath, and 2 fluke wins for Houston Nutt against Vandy and Bama when we were dead in the water both times practically. That is ALL that is seperating them. Well, that, and Nutt being fortunate enough that Darren McFadden was conceived about 20 years ago and grew up willing to play for the Hogs regardless of who was coaching them.

Fire away but there's a lot of truth in what I just laid out there.

Tell it like it is!!!

What you said will be brough up by the National Media.

It will be brough up by the BCA.

It will be brough up by other college coaches.

It will be brough up by the NAACP.

Let this team get play on the weekend and Heath still gets fired.

Let players start transferring.We see that Beverley isn't afraid to speak his mind. ESPN will love to talk to him.

You want the truth, "The UA can't handle the truth!"

Blue35

Usually don't listen to old chuckles but had to work late today and heard the last 20 minutes on the way in.  He kept repeating the saying that we have become a "tabloid state" over and over. Anybody know what in hell he is talking about? 

I think that all that verbalization he is putting into the notion that Heath should be fired is just to deflect the discussion away from the real cancer who is Nutt and his relatives.  The fact that football game seats are full does not mitigate the bad behavior and dishonesty  of Nutt. People will come to see McFadden play in spite of Nutt.

Chuckles is just one big joke. He has absolutely no credibility.  His sole agenda is to protect the Nutt clan.  He mistakenly thinks that by his pandering that he will be able to hold on to his position and never be thrown under the bus.  I predict that one day the wolves will turn on him and eat him up rear end first.

razor rob

Put a microphone in front of him and what else would you expect?

junkyardhog

12,000 in attendence but how many tix sold? i would guess closer to 16k+

football 72k Alabama,Auburn, LSU all over 85k
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

bcshog

Fire Dale, Fire Dale, Fire Dale, Fire Dale, and Fire Dale.....Just wanted to vent.  Smite me Huggers.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: polandhog on March 07, 2007, 08:48:18 pm
wait wait wait

i know stan has lost fans especially MIDWEEK games after a HOME LOSS (aka MSU last home game)

but to say that crowds were "FULL" for Nutt in 2005 is RIDICULOUS

go check out game film or cbs film or whatever... we did NOT have "PACKED RRS" in 04 and 05

EMPTY SECTIONS by the thousands... check it.
True dat. I thought it was funny that Frank did all of that expanding in RRS, only to see more empty seats. The only reason they were full in 2006 was because of the promise of a new offense. NOBODY except Teresa Prewett and the rest of the Nutts were there because they wanted to see more Nuttball.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

HoopS

Laark, to physically prove something like the # of fans for and against him isn't really reasonable, now is it?    I said what I said because it is what I have observed.   And not just here in
Hogville.   I've seen multiple polls that showed discontent.   Polls could be wrong.   Personally, the results were about what I expected.   The polls that I am recalling were NOT Hogville polls.   Nevertheless, my experience suggests those polls are acurate.   Yours may suggest otherwise. 

I did sleep well.  Thanks :D

polandhog

You let Nutt have two LOSING seasons while Heath has lead the Hogs to pretty good records over the past 3 years and you fire Heath.

Bring up Nutt going to what, 7 bowl games in 9 years and I'm going to shove the fact that right at 45% of the nations Division I teams go to bowls every year.

Let's recap.

Stan Heath? He's been over .500 the past 3 seasons and came within a game of being tied for the SEC West crown. Do you guys realize that if Heath's Hogs would've inched out the win against Florida, we'd be talking about firing a guy that finished tied for the SEC West title? Likewise, we're hearing Upchuck Barrett crow on and on about a guy who had no business getting the win against Vandy or Bama this year. Had he lost those two games, his ass would've been shipped out of Arkansas faster than you could've blinked.

All that's seperating Stan Heath from Houston Nutt is the color of their skin, a very close loss against Florida for Heath, and 2 fluke wins for Houston Nutt against Vandy and Bama when we were dead in the water both times practically. That is ALL that is seperating them. Well, that, and Nutt being fortunate enough that Darren McFadden was conceived about 20 years ago and grew up willing to play for the Hogs regardless of who was coaching them.

WOW WOW WOW what i wouldn't give to hear you call in and ask that to chuck, verbatim!  he would be spinning lies immediately!

+1

Hollywood_HOGan

chuck is nothing but a huge bucket of slime just like the nutty one.
The good ol boy network at its worst.  :puke:

Tomhog™

People will always buy season tickets to football games.  It's quite a racket the "award" system for those who hold on to them year after year.  No one wants to give up the upgrade that takes 15-20 years to attain.  So even if people are divided and disgruntled, they aren't going to surrender the tickets in protest.

BWA doesn't have near the "award" appeal as the Razorback Stadium.  If Chuck thinks there is no divided fan base, that Nutt brings it together, he needs to be wearing a long white jacket that ties in the back and give him nice foam-padded walls for his protection...

ElDogHog

RRS will be packed out every game this season, along with the LR games.  We just won ten games and went to the conference championship game.  On top of that, we have our two best players coming back, one of who is the top candidate for the Heisman.  (Both who Nutt recruited) While all you haters are complaining and being negative, I'll be enjoyning the game in a packed stadium cheering on another successful season.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Newport Hog on March 07, 2007, 08:28:43 pm
Chuck really was driving home the point that Heath had lost the fan base and that it was time for a change. However he brought Nutt up like he was a GOD in this by saying we need a hire like Houston to come in and unite the fan base.  2 Points he get mad when folks try to say give Stan a break like they did with Houston by saying  you can't compare football and basketball, however tonight he does the same thang. Also he just made me sick with praising Nutt tonight ewwww.  When we was going 4-7/5-6 were was he and Rick on talking about a possible replacement for Coach Nutt, yea that was unthinkable but Stan is already being pushed out the door.  In Chuck minds it doesn't matter if we win the tornment or not because fan has supposly lost fan support, hmm Chuck and Nutt hasn't.

More Proof That a Blind Hog can find a Nutt now and then.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogmaster

Quote from: gopigsgo on March 07, 2007, 08:56:43 pm
Great start Jbhog, this(butts in seats) is behind the whole bait-n-switch deal anyway, Dale never intended to give up chiette. What makes me so mad is that ,for a short time, I was naive enough to believe it. How do you think the S'dale kids and family feel. Heck Ben/Damien could have SEC/NC rings right now. Think them and any one associated with them has the right to be pi$$ed right now.
I don't give crap what The Springdale people think about they're poor mistreated kids-- they are where they should of been -- not on the team- a bunch cry babies when they don't get their way.

jhudson84

Wouldnt it set are basketball program back 20 years since we lost are AD as well.

Chuckles said that if we fired Houston, someone who knows quite a bit about college football said it would put our program back by 15-20 years.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: hogmaster on March 08, 2007, 08:44:02 am
Great start Jbhog, this(butts in seats) is behind the whole bait-n-switch deal anyway, Dale never intended to give up chiette. What makes me so mad is that ,for a short time, I was naive enough to believe it. How do you think the S'dale kids and family feel. Heck Ben/Damien could have SEC/NC rings right now. Think them and any one associated with them has the right to be pi$$ed right now.
I don't give crap what The Springdale people think about they're poor mistreated kids-- they are where they should of been -- not on the team- a bunch cry babies when they don't get their way.
I guess they learned from the master, HDN himself (i.e. transfer to OSU, flirting with Nebraska, LSU, Bama jobs).
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

HognotinMemphis

He's trying to make us forget about Nutt by focusing on Heath's problems. I can see right through it.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Let's recap.

+1.  I agree with everything except one point.

I'm not ready to label this racism.........yet.  I do think that due to the (for a long time) abysmal state of the program when Nutt took over vs. the (short time) poor state that Heath took over the program there's a different bar set that determines what is and isn't successful.  Other than that, I have to agree.  Also, I've become sceptical enough with JFB and the state of the Hill now that I could believe racism, but I'd like to see some facts indicating this first.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

March 08, 2007, 09:20:49 am #69 Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 09:22:21 am by Question-Man
Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 08, 2007, 09:02:42 am
Quote from: hogmaster on March 08, 2007, 08:44:02 am
I guess they learned from the master, HDN himself (i.e. transfer to OSU, flirting with Nebraska, LSU, Bama jobs).

Confucious say:
ElDogHog & Hogmaster  = Ultimate cause of problems.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

The Marmot

Quote from: tkhog on March 07, 2007, 08:36:21 pm
Houston Nutt has not lost the fanbase. As long as there are still 70,000+ going to football games, mediocrity is enough. Basketball attendance has dropped considerably during the Heath era.

Nutt HAS lost a large portion of the fanbase. People don't pack the stadium to see him chew his nails... they go to see the players do their thing and b/c of the long tradition many fans have with Hog f'ball games.

When we get a better coach in here, they will go to see him as well.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

GolfnHog

Quote from: jhudson84 on March 08, 2007, 09:02:31 am
Wouldnt it set are basketball program back 20 years since we lost are AD as well.

Chuckles said that if we fired Houston, someone who knows quite a bit about college football said it would put our program back by 15-20 years.

Going back 20 years, I'll take that, we consistently were winning and had better winning %'s in the mid to late 80's versus what is being served up as "winning football" today.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

ElDogHog

heater,  if that's the case, then why aren't people showing up at the basketball games.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: ElDogHog on March 08, 2007, 09:37:27 am
heater,  if that's the case, then why aren't people showing up at the basketball games.
Because half of the games are on Wednesday nights. If half of the football games were played on Wednesday nights, it would be the same way.

The Marmot

From my experience, which is over 20 years as a fan, there is not as much tradition behind attending basketball games. There are so many more during the season and theres not as much of the "extracurricular" activities (tailgating, friends and family in town, events around the stadium, etc.) associated with them.

Say what you will, I'm just calling it like I see it.

All things being equal between the programs, f'ball is always going to draw more attendance than b'ball, IMO.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

The Marmot

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 08, 2007, 09:42:23 am
Because half of the games are on Wednesday nights. If half of the football games were played on Wednesday nights, it would be the same way.

This plays into it as well...

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

seqco

Albert Einswine

This is my take on your question.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=121592.0
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Pigmund Freud

Was traveling and listened to the whole thing last night. I wrote about this several weeks ago. Last night was the most forceful they have been since the first night they turned on Heath. That first night DTS also turned on him and it was like they were reading the same script. Someone  had to have told them it was ok.They would not have done it by themselves. It's not like they are crack , unbiased journalists.

But last night it was like listening to a debating team that had been sent out to counter the arguments that have come out in sympathy for Heath since he's made a little end of season run. They were on a mission. Nutt's the One who can unite the state long term...Heath's not the long term guy...Can't compare basketball to football... they even implied there was a big-time name BB  coach in the wings waiting on Heath's departure...

Chuck and Clay are paid mouthpieces and/ or brainwashed Nutt sycophants who would not have the nerve to go after a sitting coach like that unless they had been told to, in some fashion. Maybe not a conspiracy, but it becomes obvious in those situations where their marching orders are coming from.

RazorsEdge

March 08, 2007, 10:09:37 am #79 Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 10:19:36 am by BigHogOnCampus
The Hogs averaged 18,192 at home conference games this year, 10,602 on the road.
Here is how our home and home West series shaped up:
Alabama  18,553       @Alabama 15,316
Auburn    17,286       @Auburn     4,551
Miss        18,054       @Miss        7,292
MissSt     15,833       @MissSt     9,451
LSU         19,302       @LSU        10,835

It looks like we stack up ok in the SEC West as far as attendance.  Chuck better find something else to point to.  I would say we rank higher in SEC basketball attendance than SEC football attendance.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:

Mardi Hog Gras

Simple. Chuck works for ARSN on football and baseball. He strays from harsh comments on those two programs but has no problem laying it out on basketball.

Pigmund Freud

And I don't believe I've heard them acknowledge that the announced attendance was higher than actual (at Arkansas) very forcefully until last night...but they were trumpeting it last night,brutha.They(someone) are/is clearly desperate to justify the upcoming firing.And to divert comparisons of the records of Nutt and Heath.

Pigmund Freud

Quote from: Mardi Hog Gras on March 08, 2007, 10:18:55 am
Simple. Chuck works for ARSN on football and baseball. He strays from harsh comments on those two programs but has no problem laying it out on basketball.

You are kidding , right? He had no problem "laying out " Gus and Mitch after a year of predicting they would be great for the program. His tone on them changed when Mitch got pulled for the season, and Houston took back his offense.  He had no problem blaming anyone but Nutt, including players ,for Nutt's  miserable  and predictable failure at the end of the season.

HoopS

Quote from: BigHogOnCampus on March 08, 2007, 10:09:37 am
The Hogs averaged 18,192 at home conference games this year, 10,602 on the road.
Alabama  18,553       @Alabama 15,316
Auburn    17,286       @Auburn     4,551
Miss        18,054       @Miss        7,292
MissSt     15,833       @MissSt     9,451
LSU         19,302       @LSU        10,835

It looks like we stack up ok in the SEC West as far as attendance.  Chuck better find something else to point to.  I would say we rank higher in SEC basketball attendance than SEC football attendance.

yeah but, but, but... hmmmm  really?   So we pretty much doubled most of our opponents in attendance....
I was told to provide numbers about a certain coach's support.  I'm going to borrow those numbers if you don't mind.... thanks for the research.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: BigHogOnCampus on March 08, 2007, 10:09:37 am
Alabama  18,553       @Alabama 15,316
Auburn    17,286       @Auburn     4,551
Miss        18,054       @Miss        7,292
MissSt     15,833       @MissSt     9,451
LSU         19,302       @LSU        10,835

Very nice. Thanks.

RazorsEdge

In 2006, our football attendance ranked #20 in the nation. (It was an up year)
In 2005, it was ranked #25
2007 basketball attendance isn't officially ranked yet, but is up compared to '06
2006 basketball attendance ranked #12
2005 basketball #9
2004 basketball #13
2003 basketball #9
2002 basketball #14 (Nolan's last year)

King-Tusk

Chuck is loyal to nutt, doesn't matter who pays him.  He has no problem slamming anyone as long as they are not part of the Broyles/nutt/MSM connection.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: BigHogOnCampus on March 08, 2007, 11:39:50 am
2007 basketball attendance isn't officially ranked yet, but is up compared to '06
2005 basketball #9
2004 basketball #13
2003 basketball #9
Keep the good stuff coming, BigHog. I LOVE facts. By the way, +1 for the research.

HoopS

March 08, 2007, 12:17:13 pm #89 Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 01:37:40 pm by HoopSlap
I have another theory...

It is thought that the next coach will be a big named coach, higher paid.  Didn't they mention that the football coach would be the highest paid U of A coach?

Would that possibly help fund their salaries as well?  In other words, does their salary in any way, correlate to Nutt's?

SonOfMud

Let's recap.

Stan Heath would be on the hot seat even if he were white.  Lou Holtz, Ken Hatfield, and Danny Ford were all white too.  Look at how they were either fired or run off.  Nolan would have been fired even if he had been white.

HDN being around has more to do with him being a lying snake that will throw anyone under the bus to save his own skin.  Nevermind the fact that he is from Arkansas, and has played on the heart strings of anyone that will listen.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

razor rob

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 08, 2007, 12:15:10 pm
Quote from: BigHogOnCampus on March 08, 2007, 11:39:50 am
2005 basketball #9
2004 basketball #13
2003 basketball #9
Keep the good stuff coming, BigHog. I LOVE facts. By the way, +1 for the research.

I'm not big on rankings. I just hate to see ANY empty seats in the BWA. I know that's a lofty goal, but shouldn't that be a realistic expectation? Just fill the arena every time you play, especially during the SEC slate.

TheShifter

Of course Chuck is calling for Heath to get fired...It's just like when a president has a terrible approval rating...all of a sudden an embassy somewhere blows up...Or a president has done horrible job and got the country into a quagmire that they can't (and won't) get out of...all of a sudden a defense secretary's job is in jeopardy...It is just a means to try and draw the attention away from the real problems...Propaganda baby Propaganda

BoogerHollerHog

I seem to remember Chuck on a Tuesday night not too long ago saying verbatim....

"I've been here through the good times and the bad... I was doing this show when Danny Ford got fired... I was a fan when Jack Crowe lost to the Citadel... and through these times I can tell you now and I'll tell you in the future. I will NEVER call for a coach to get fired. I will NEVER call for a man's head. These are people's jobs we're talking about here... You PEOPLE need to calm down..."

Albert Einswine

Quote from: BoogerHollerHog on March 08, 2007, 09:04:29 pm
I seem to remember Chuck on a Tuesday night not too long ago saying verbatim....

"I've been here through the good times and the bad... I was doing this show when Danny Ford got fired... I was a fan when Jack Crowe lost to the Citadel... and through these times I can tell you now and I'll tell you in the future. I will NEVER call for a coach to get fired. I will NEVER call for a man's head. These are people's jobs we're talking about here... You PEOPLE need to calm down..."

Chuck saying one thing, then doing another?                             Shocking!  ;)
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker