Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WOW Chuck really pushing for Heath to be fired!!!!

Started by Newport Hog, March 07, 2007, 08:28:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Newport Hog

Chuck really was driving home the point that Heath had lost the fan base and that it was time for a change. However he brought Nutt up like he was a GOD in this by saying we need a hire like Houston to come in and unite the fan base.  2 Points he get mad when folks try to say give Stan a break like they did with Houston by saying  you can't compare football and basketball, however tonight he does the same thang. Also he just made me sick with praising Nutt tonight ewwww.  When we was going 4-7/5-6 were was he and Rick on talking about a possible replacement for Coach Nutt, yea that was unthinkable but Stan is already being pushed out the door.  In Chuck minds it doesn't matter if we win the tornment or not because fan has supposly lost fan support, hmm Chuck and Nutt hasn't.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Newport Hog on March 07, 2007, 08:28:43 pm
Chuck really was driving home the point that Heath had lost the fan base and that it was time for a change. However he brought Nutt up like he was a GOD in this by saying we need a hire like Houston to come in and unite the fan base.  2 Points he get mad when folks try to say give Stan a break like they did with Houston by saying  you can't compare football and basketball, however tonight he does the same thang. Also he just made me sick with praising Nutt tonight ewwww.  When we was going 4-7/5-6 were was he and Rick on talking about a possible replacement for Coach Nutt, yea that was unthinkable but Stan is already being pushed out the door.  In Chuck minds it doesn't matter if we win the tornment or not because fan has supposly lost fan support, hmm Chuck and Nutt hasn't.

Chuck= Joseph Goebbels

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Newport Hog

I agree, Hog football is too important for that.

IceHawG

March 07, 2007, 08:35:40 pm #3 Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 08:37:42 pm by IceHawG
lost fan base?

72,000 packed

or

10-12,000 (half-empty bud walton)

heath could be gone just for the money lost by him not bringing in the fans. the mississippi state game was embarrassing. last home game of the year and 8,000 show up. he's gotta win us back during the SEC tourny, if not, he's gotta go.

nutt got his grace during the 4-7, 5-6. he told us all it would be bad b/c of the investigation (whether that is the real reason or not who knows)
Stan got his grace his first 3 years after the nolan thing.

If stan doesnt make the tournament after making it last year, he is gone.
If Nutt chokes this year after winning the west and 10 games, he is gone.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 07, 2007, 08:30:49 pm

Chuck= Joseph Goebbels

Chuck did what with a gerbil?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

tkhog

Houston Nutt has not lost the fanbase. As long as there are still 70,000+ going to football games, mediocrity is enough. Basketball attendance has dropped considerably during the Heath era.

hOUSTon NUTT

You'd figure a guy named Albert Einstein wouldn't make light of Joseph Goebbels...

IceHawG

Quote from: tkhog on March 07, 2007, 08:36:21 pm
Houston Nutt has not lost the fanbase. As long as there are still 70,000+ going to football games, mediocrity is enough. Basketball attendance has dropped considerably during the Heath era.

exactly

Albert Einswine

Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on March 07, 2007, 08:38:02 pm
You'd figure a guy named Albert Einstein wouldn't make light of Joseph Goebbels...

Who's making light?  I just stated that Chuck is the Minister of Propaganda.

And it's Einswine!  Get it right.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 07, 2007, 08:39:08 pm

Maybe you should have said he was Leni Riefenstahl
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 07, 2007, 08:41:26 pm

Leni was just a cinematographer.  Goebbels was the one pulling all the strings.

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 07, 2007, 08:43:13 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 07, 2007, 08:41:26 pm

Leni was just a cinematographer.  Goebbels was the one pulling all the strings.

You are right and Chuck knows alot about pulling strings.  Although I think he is the one getting his string pulled.  He's not smart enough or man enough do do anything on his own. 

polandhog

wait wait wait

i know stan has lost fans especially MIDWEEK games after a HOME LOSS (aka MSU last home game)

but to say that crowds were "FULL" for Nutt in 2005 is RIDICULOUS

go check out game film or cbs film or whatever... we did NOT have "PACKED RRS" in 04 and 05

EMPTY SECTIONS by the thousands... check it.

jbhog

Give me a break. You think we would have packed RRS stadium had Gus and the Springdale players not signed?(after 2 losing seasons) Also, the schedule has had a lot to do with the attendance the last few years. When you have a USC, Texas or Tennessee it sure doesn't hurt. You also have to consider tailgating. If it was the norm for people to grill out and have big parties before Bball games I'm sure that wouldn't hurt. :) I have my doubts honestly about Heath getting it done, but there is definitely a double standard. People love to watch the HOGS. Many are just willing to put up with Nutt. Seems to be a necessary evil right now. 

PIGINAPOKE

I smell a Hyena..   They run around and wait for something else to kill the prey  ,Then move in and take credit.........
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

razor rob

Well, you know, Famutini left early and ... sorry, can't finish this with a straight face.

IceHawG

Quote from: jbhog on March 07, 2007, 08:48:44 pm
Give me a break. You think we would have packed RRS stadium had Gus and the Springdale players not signed?(after 2 losing seasons) Also, the schedule has had a lot to do with the attendance the last few years. When you have a USC, Texas or Tennessee it sure doesn't hurt. You also have to consider tailgating. If it was the norm for people to grill out and have big parties before Bball games I'm sure that wouldn't hurt. :) I have my doubts honestly about Heath getting it done, but there is definitely a double standard. People love to watch the HOGS. Many are just willing to put up with Nutt. Seems to be a necessary evil right now. 

Nolan got people here. im not saying i want him back, but he got BWA packed, especially conference games. And its only 19,000 for bball, that should be filled up.

laark

Quote from: jbhog on March 07, 2007, 08:48:44 pm

It really amazes me how everyone leaves out the Heisman runner-up when talking about our 2006 season.

gopigsgo

Great start Jbhog, this(butts in seats) is behind the whole bait-n-switch deal anyway, Dale never intended to give up chiette. What makes me so mad is that ,for a short time, I was naive enough to believe it. How do you think the S'dale kids and family feel. Heck Ben/Damien could have SEC/NC rings right now. Think them and any one associated with them has the right to be pi$$ed right now.

polandhog

Quote from: gopigsgo on March 07, 2007, 08:56:43 pm
Great start Jbhog, this(butts in seats) is behind the whole bait-n-switch deal anyway, Dale never intended to give up chiette. What makes me so mad is that ,for a short time, I was naive enough to believe it. How do you think the S'dale kids and family feel. Heck Ben/Damien could have SEC/NC rings right now. Think them and any one associated with them has the right to be pi$$ed right now.

wait i thought we all get rings for winning the CHAMPIONSHIP of the western division?

laark

Quote from: gopigsgo on March 07, 2007, 08:56:43 pm

Ben is pissed??

Newport Hog

All im saying is there a double standard, Chuck already setting the stage up for Heath to lose his job.  He even said that if they make the NCAA u might need to still make change if you can get a big name coach.  Why not apply that for football.  Double Standard!!!

gopigsgo

I have to admit it,thats what Nolan has been saying all along.

laark

Quote from: Newport Hog on March 07, 2007, 09:03:48 pm
All im saying is there a double standard, Chuck already setting the stage up for Heath to lose his job.  He even said that if they make the NCAA u might need to still make change if you can get a big name coach.  Why not apply that for football.  Double Standard!!!

Maybe because after a 10-4 season, 7-1 in the SECW and a SECW Championship there is a glitter of hope.  If Stan wins the SECT and a game or two in the NCAAT, I will see a glitter of hope.  If not, I see none.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I've never heard of a glitter of hope.  Is that the sparkly stuff on Stan's head?

hogheart

it sure seems as though a select few darksiders dominate this board...isn't newport near jonesboro and asu?...if you don't like the u of a football/basketball programs, find something else you can cheer for...or at least get a life

polandhog

and the thing here is, Wouldnt stan get more slack BECAUSE of nutt -- i mean we stuck with nutt thru 5-6 and 4-7 and only then did he lead us to the PROMISED LAND (aka winning 10 games out of FOURTEEN TRIES)

i would think ua admins would say 'hey obviously next year we should be great, so just like nutt, you get a PASS!'

polandhog

Quote from: hogheart on March 07, 2007, 09:10:21 pm
it sure seems as though a select few darksiders dominate this board...isn't newport near jonesboro and asu?...if you don't like the u of a football/basketball programs, find something else you can cheer for...or at least get a life

you're kidding right? the programs are great, but the dolts making the decisions, and the vicegrip held on state media and bot by NUTT are what is so frustrating... we are a 1 school state, face it, that breeds NO competition!  no cross-hiring like OU and Okstate... just lil ole UA to have good ole boys!

HoopS

You have 7 or 8 home football games a season.   Games are on Saturdays.  Tailgating is a blast. 

Basketball, you have 8 conference games at home, and what 10-12 ooc games at home.   Close to 20 games.  It is played during the Winter months, that alone could keep lukewarm fans away.  Games are mid-week.   You won't find people driving up for a basketball game from Pine Bluff very much.   Certainly not on a Wednesday.    Even if the average were 12,000 (which I have no idea), that would still be more than a lot of schools.   It is a tougher sell to a lot of people. 

Make no mistake, a big named hire could likely bring in a few more.  In football, we pale in comparison to others in our conference...of course, we can only get so many in there.   I predict that unless our football team is AMAZING, an open minded sports talk host will make similar statements about Nutt.   He's already lost a lot of fans, but southerners are football crazy.    As I type this, I realize that we are stuck with Nutt because Arkansans love football and the stands will still be pretty well full, unless we lose.   And I never want to lose.

Pardon me while I go throw up...

laark

Quote from: polandhog on March 07, 2007, 09:11:38 pm
and the thing here is, Wouldnt stan get more slack BECAUSE of nutt -- i mean we stuck with nutt thru 5-6 and 4-7 and only then did he lead us to the PROMISED LAND (aka winning 10 games out of FOURTEEN TRIES)

i would think ua admins would say 'hey obviously next year we should be great, so just like nutt, you get a PASS!'

I would think the admins would ask....how many SECW titles (as lowly as they may be).  how many post season wins? (not that Coach Nutt has a great record)   how many coach of the year awards?  (not that they mean anything)  how many SEC road wins?  

hogheart

in other words, much of this whining stems from asu want-a-be's who breed discontent to insure cross-hiring...who should the razorbacks get...dicky nutt?

mword

Chuck is not very bright when it comes to Nutt.

HawgG

All I know is that the Menage a trois group of Chuck, Clay, and Rick must be pulling for the Hogs to not reach 20 wins or get into the NCAAT, because if the UA fires Heath under those circumstances then they deserve what they will get from the National guys.

ESPN, FOX, etc. are already prepping their BB analysts anticipating Heath's firing.There is already things being said about Heath's job being on the line in the first place considering what he lost off a 22 win team.

The UA is about to get expose for all their dirty little secrets and hidden racism.The National guys will tie Heath's firing into the Nolan Richardson's firing as well.There is going to be alot of questions asked to the UA and a part of me will look forward to watching them get hammered.

The UA will become like Poison Ivy and no Big Time HC will want to come here.Ole Chuck want a story, he will get one if the Hogs are playing this weekend and the HC is still fired.

prairiehogcompanion

Quote from: IceHawG on March 07, 2007, 08:35:40 pm
lost fan base?

72,000 packed

or

heath could be gone just for the money lost by him not bringing in the fans. the mississippi state game was embarrassing. last home game of the year and 8,000 show up. he's gotta win us back during the SEC tourny, if not, he's gotta go.

nutt got his grace during the 4-7, 5-6. he told us all it would be bad b/c of the investigation (whether that is the real reason or not who knows)

Nutt has already choked....through off the field mismanagment and inferior recruiting, the results of which won't begin to be felt until '08.

Nutt will win his 10 games this year (or should).

Any college coach in America who can walk and chew gum could win with the talent he has returning, and with such a weak schedule.

What's happening to the Arkansas program is analagous to the stock market...the market is an indicator of what th economy is going to be 6 to 12 months from now...not what it is today.

Same deal with Nutt.

Grace time is over already...and some us still haven't figured that out.

laark

Quote from: HoopSlap on March 07, 2007, 09:16:00 pm
You have 7 or 8 home football games a season.   Games are on Saturdays.  Tailgating is a blast. 

Basketball, you have 8 conference games at home, and what 10-12 ooc games at home.   Close to 20 games.  It is played during the Winter months, that alone could keep lukewarm fans away.  Games are mid-week.   You won't find people driving up for a basketball game from Pine Bluff very much.   Certainly not on a Wednesday.    Even if the average were 12,000 (which I have no idea), that would still be more than a lot of schools.   It is a tougher sell to a lot of people. 

Make no mistake, a big named hire could likely bring in a few more.  In football, we pale in comparison to others in our conference...of course, we can only get so many in there.   I predict that unless our football team is AMAZING, an open minded sports talk host will make similar statements about Nutt.   He's already lost a lot of fans, but southerners are football crazy.    As I type this, I realize that we are stuck with Nutt because Arkansans love football and the stands will still be pretty well full, unless we lose.   And I never want to lose.

Pardon me while I go throw up...

Please define "a lot of fans".  Have a number in mind?  If so, where did you come up with the number?

IceHawG

Quote from: HoopSlap on March 07, 2007, 09:16:00 pm
Even if the average were 12,000 (which I have no idea), that would still be more than a lot of schools.   It is a tougher sell to a lot of people. 

more than alot of schools? i thought everyone on here was looking to be the best? 10-4 is better than alot of schools, but i dont hear everyone calling for Nutt to stay.

ArchitectHog

I bet 70,000 people dont come to see numb nuttz, rather cheer for the team that they have cheered for since many of them were born.  JMO

Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

razor rob

BWA should always be a sell-out. It would be foolish to set a goal anything less than that. Hogs hoops tickets should be harder and harder to find as the season progresses.

HoopS

I'm talking attendance ice.   We have a huge home court, our numbers in comparison in hoops are good.

Define a lot...  Opened your eyes or ears lately?

HoopS

swoopeshog

This maybe the dumbest post ever on Hogville!   :puke:
Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

laark

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on March 07, 2007, 09:19:33 pm
Quote from: IceHawG on March 07, 2007, 08:35:40 pm
lost fan base?

72,000 packed

or

Nutt has already choked....through off the field mismanagment and inferior recruiting, the results of which won't begin to be felt until '08.

Nutt will win his 10 games this year (or should).

Any college coach in America who can walk and chew gum could win with the talent he has returning, and with such a weak schedule.

What's happening to the Arkansas program is analagous to the stock market...the market is an indicator of what th economy is going to be 6 to 12 months from now...not what it is today.

Same deal with Nutt.

Grace time is over already...and some us still haven't figured that out.

We have committed the top QB in the state and also the top offensive lineman in the state.  Are you willing to go on record telling these kids they are inferior?

laark

Quote from: HoopSlap on March 07, 2007, 09:25:09 pm
I'm talking attendance ice.   We have a huge home court, our numbers in comparison in hoops are good.

Define a lot...  Opened your eyes or ears lately?

They are both open and I don't see or hear any numbers........

HoopS

Ok laark...you win.   I didn't take a census before Nutt pulled his latest crap.  And I haven't taken one since then.   Go ahead and assume I won't take one tomorrow either.  But I've paid attention to Hog fans.   I can't remember the last person I've talked to in person who likes Nutt anymore.   Of the people I've talked to, he has lost their support.   I talk to people who have followed the Hogs upwards of 50 years.   I've talked to ex ball players and various others who love the Hogs more than you can imagine.   To a man, they are all embarrassed about how he has handled this mess.   They are ticked that when the going got tough, we went back to what the tendancies that had the fans calling for a new offensive coordinator last off season.  They are mad that a grown man could be so petty about being called a dork.   They are mad that our coach snuck around and hired coach Lee ....

I could go on for ours but frankly, I'm tired and don't give a rats rear about arguing with anymore tonight.  ;)

bacon lover

Quote from: schweine on March 07, 2007, 09:18:32 pm
Chuck is not very bright when it comes to Nutt.
birds of a feather flock together

Albert Einswine

Quote from: hogapalooza on March 07, 2007, 09:46:03 pm
Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 07, 2007, 08:30:49 pm

Chuck= Joseph Goebbels

That is pretty hard core. 

Chuck is just a Putz! A goat in sheep's clothing.

Meant in the context of Minister of Propaganda, and I mean that chit!

Porkahontas

March 07, 2007, 10:11:26 pm #47 Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 04:34:57 pm by Tulsahontas
 :razorback:

DukeOfPork

What you're forgetting is that everyone in the state seems to be a football fan, yet many are like me and don't really give a damn for the sport of basketball.  We'll pack the stadium to watch mediocre football, but we won't waste our time on mediocre basketball.

laark

Quote from: HoopSlap on March 07, 2007, 09:43:44 pm
Ok laark...you win.   I didn't take a census before Nutt pulled his latest crap.  And I haven't taken one since then.   Go ahead and assume I won't take one tomorrow either.  But I've paid attention to Hog fans.   I can't remember the last person I've talked to in person who likes Nutt anymore.   Of the people I've talked to, he has lost their support.   I talk to people who have followed the Hogs upwards of 50 years.   I've talked to ex ball players and various others who love the Hogs more than you can imagine.   To a man, they are all embarrassed about how he has handled this mess.   They are ticked that when the going got tough, we went back to what the tendancies that had the fans calling for a new offensive coordinator last off season.  They are mad that a grown man could be so petty about being called a dork.   They are mad that our coach snuck around and hired coach Lee ....

I could go on for ours but frankly, I'm tired and don't give a rats rear about arguing with anymore tonight.  ;)

You're right, not really any point in arguing tonight or any other night on this subject.  I believe Mike has stated things are being done to try and add some credibility to this forum.  Ban name calling, personal attacks on people, etc.  I believe it would help if people who say things like "most fans" and "the majority of the fan base" would have something to back that up.  I do not say that the majority of the fans support Coach Nutt because I do not know that for fact as I do not know for fact that the majority of the fans want him gone.  Is that unreasonable? 

Sleep well.

I'm out for the night.