Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WRIGHT ST. STOLE THE RAZORBACK FIGHT SONG!!!!!!!!!

Started by _Collin1, March 06, 2007, 10:05:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sooieet

But has Shirley Q. covered the Wright State fight song?  I think NOT!!!

Jump around up and down, shake your booty.
The Razorbacks is is up in here....

http://www.arsnonline.com/multimedia/music/html/11.php

:razorback:

pork-e-pine

if you think that is bad think about how many schools play on wisonsin as their fight song.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

DooDahman

Quote from: The Max Swineberg 7 on March 07, 2007, 06:36:30 am
Quote from: jwaldhog on March 07, 2007, 12:09:53 am
Quote from: hogblade on March 06, 2007, 10:52:12 pm
I always thought the A-R_K-A-N-SAS Arkansas.. never flowed right. I was stupid enough to believe it was written together for some reason, and unique to Arkansas.  I'm way too naive

It's actually written as  A-A-A..R-K-A-N..SAS for Arkansas, but no one sings it that way

Yeah, I've always wondered about the 3 A's there.  Why is that?  It is stupid.

Mel Tillis wrote that song Brotha!

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Swino

DEVICEHIGH

I always thought the A-R_K-A-N-SAS Arkansas.. never flowed right.

I just have to start mumbeling during this part. I just can't do it for some reason.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

The real Hogules

Quote from: WPSRazorbacks on March 06, 2007, 10:16:05 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 06, 2007, 10:08:38 pm
we need to sue

The University of Arkansas doesn't even "own" the fight song. Some scallywags in Texas own it and just let us barrow it from them for "University-related purposes."

:puke:                                                                     :puke:                                                                    :puke:

Ole Scott Varady is kick-@$$ on some poor dude selling T-shirts with the likeness of their loser coach disgracing the front, but doesn't have the Nutts to take on Wright State over their "alleged" fight song music???

Why would this not surprise me?

LOL
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HawgWyld

Quote from: The real Hogules on March 07, 2007, 01:42:04 pm
Ole Scott Varady is kick-@$$ on some poor dude selling T-shirts with the likeness of their loser coach disgracing the front, but doesn't have the Nutts to take on Wright State over their "alleged" fight song music???

Why would this not surprise me?

LOL
Don't question Varady -- he's the leader of The Super Weasel Lawyer Team, after all. Perhaps he needs to see the Super Weasel Signal (a searchlight housed on the roof of the Broyles Complex) before he takes action.

Seriously, though, it doesn't appear the UA owns the rights to that song. If true, then the UA can do nothing but complain mightily.

ghg1

pork-e-pine

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on March 07, 2007, 01:39:17 pm
I always thought the A-R_K-A-N-SAS Arkansas.. never flowed right.

I just have to start mumbeling during this part. I just can't do it for some reason.

It can't be done with one A. It is a-a-r-k-a-n-s-a-s.  The actual written version that I see around has 3 A's but that doesn't work either.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

HogNuttz

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on March 06, 2007, 10:56:13 pm
they may end up stealing arkansas's spot in the dance  >:(

That's what I thought.  They stole our song and possibly our ticket.  Guess they get the last laugh.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

NYCHawg

Uh, what if Wright State had it first ....does anyone know ...

ghg1

Quote from: NYCHawg on March 07, 2007, 02:12:31 pm
Uh, what if Wright State had it first ....does anyone know ...

UA has been using it since the 1920s.  Wright State didn't exist until the 1960s.

You can do the math.

_Collin1

I'm telling you guys...  Wright St. is gonna pull a George Mason.

What else can go wrong with the Razorback Nation since Jan 1?  Lose the Bowl game, Lose Damian, Lose Gus, Lose Mitch, embarassing emails gone public, Frank resigning with Nutt saying he was forced, Hoop Hogs not making the Tournament and declining an NIT bid...... and finally to top it all off.....

Our fight song will be played at the Final Four BY ANOTHER TEAM!!!!!!!!
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Hogpuddin

Quote from: football17 on March 06, 2007, 10:33:35 pm
My h.s. uses the same fight song as Wisconsin... I know Shiloh Christian uses Notre Dames... it happens all the time with high schools.

I think that 75% of the high schools in Arkansas use that exact same fight song, I know that mine does, my wife's does, my nephew's does, and I've heard a half dozen other schools play it.  It made me sick at The Capital One Bowl.

Hogpuddin

Quote from: jwaldhog on March 07, 2007, 12:09:53 am
I always thought the A-R_K-A-N-SAS Arkansas.. never flowed right. I was stupid enough to believe it was written together for some reason, and unique to Arkansas.  I'm way too naive

It's actually written as  A-A-A..R-K-A-N..SAS for Arkansas, but no one sings it that way

I sing it that way.

I've seen our fight song used in a commercial one time for some kind of peanut company.  Seriously.

Someone check on Michigan's fight song, please.  I believe that I have heard it played elsewhere, as well.

Sonofahog

You think that is weird,  the name of their basketball arena is the "Nutter Center".

Think we can send 'Ole Nutter to them?

http://www.nuttercenter.com/
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

Hogpuddin

Both your statement and your avatar are funny. +1

elksnort

Arkansas' fight song is one of best, even if I was not a hog fan. A zillion schools use "On Wisconsin", "The Victory March", and "The Victors" as their fight songs. One of the first things Nutt was ever quoted is "There are many Tigers, Bears, Eagles,...., but there is only one Razorback." Anyway, I'd like to ask an LSU fan where they got that original nickname.

pork-e-pine

Quote from: elksnort on March 07, 2007, 07:57:01 pm
Arkansas' fight song is one of best, even if I was not a hog fan. A zillion schools use "On Wisconsin", "The Victory March", and "The Victors" as their fight songs. One of the first things Nutt was ever quoted is "There are many Tigers, Bears, Eagles,...., but there is only one Razorback." Anyway, I'd like to ask an LSU fan where they got that original nickname.

I agree about the mascot.  I like our origionality.  But i think our fight song is not all that great.  I like it because it is mine and i love to sing it but it is not all that fight song like. 
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

hawgball

I lived in Tennessee for a while.  They play Rocky Top at the drop of a hat...and when they do, people stand up...it is really disconcerting in a restaurant!

cmoorehogs

I think it was "There are a lot of Lions, Tigers, & Bears", not "Tigers, Bears, and Eagles"

humphrey

Morrilton uses On Wisconsin but with different (better) words.

JoePaul03

WCOB, 2003

Arkansas Student

March 08, 2007, 03:22:17 pm #74 Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 03:24:23 pm by Arkansas Student
Quote from: BigC51 on March 07, 2007, 11:16:44 am
[God forbid anyone steal Tusk from us....

Too late. USC plays it all the time (they performed it live w/ Fleetwood Mac, ya know). In fact, there is video on YouTube of USC's band playing "Tusk" in front of Bud Walton this past year. They knew we played it...... oh, they knew. >:(

There is a certain difference in Arkansas' version of the fight song that other schools are not allowed to use. It is hard to explain here, but we use *boom* *chick* whereas others use *chick* *boom* (to use music-speak). That's what makes ours unique.

The reason we don't own the fight song is because when it was written nobody bothered to copywright it.

I don't know about the A-A-A thing; it's probably meant to be one note over 3 counts.

God, I hate "Rocky Top." :puke:
"Go-Hogs-Go-Hogs-Halt-Kick-Swtich-WHOOP-Boom!" no longer truly exists.

The Kid

Fond memories of shouting down Longhorn fans singing "The Eyes of Texas Are Upon Us" by countersinging the lyrics from "I've Been Working on the Railroad."

Same tune for both.
Let's get the train back on the tracks.

ghg1

Quote from: Arkansas Student on March 08, 2007, 03:22:17 pm
Quote from: BigC51 on March 07, 2007, 11:16:44 am
[God forbid anyone steal Tusk from us....

Too late. USC plays it all the time (they performed it live w/ Fleetwood Mac, ya know). In fact, there is video on YouTube of USC's band playing "Tusk" in front of Bud Walton this past year. They knew we played it...... oh, they knew. >:(

USC was playing "Tusk" long before the University of Arkansas.