Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heath Will Be Back Next Year!!!

Started by PorkerOinker, March 03, 2007, 02:25:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkerOinker

With the win over Miss St. and Vandy to close out the season and a lame duck AD in place I think he is back next year. Personally I think John White is now running the show in the Athletic Dept. not JFB, and I think Stan will get  next year as he should get he has broke through a huge barrier with this team and their chemistry in the last two games and I would not be suprised at all to see them in the SEC Tourney finals and if so I think if they play their game they can beat anyone they would face in the finals GO STAN and GO HOGS.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

George S. Pigton

Well, for the programs sake I hope your wrong.  Regardless of the last two games, this
team and the coach have basic issues to resolve.  I don't think he can coach and it is
time to move on.  This season is a perfect example.  Too much talent to be 7-9 in conf.
play and not winning a bad western half of the league.

I'm glad they won and I wish them luck in the tourny just to close out on a positive note.
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

Oliver

If the athletic department doesn't fire Heath for not making the NCAAT then I give up on our athletic department.  If the athletic department doesn't retain Heath for making the NCAAT then I give up on our athletic department.  We've already got one coach with no integrity, I don't want our athletic department to follow suit.

darth sooie

If nutter is about to get fired, than no way heath is removed now but heath just needs to keep following Al davis's moto. So if Miss state beats bama, hogs are #3 in west, what if bama beats Miss state? don't like the idea of playing UGA in atlanta 1st game.

PorkerOinker

Keep Stan give him one more year and he will earn 5 more I think he is still learning as a coach and I think Next year will be the defining year for him and will jump start great basketball at Arkansas again.

WilsonHog

GO HOGS DON'T KEEP HEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have more exclamation points than you do.

Tone

Quote from: PorkerOinker on March 03, 2007, 02:25:03 pm
With the win over Miss St. and Vandy to close out the season and a lame duck AD in place I think he is back next year. Personally I think John White is now running the show in the Athletic Dept. not JFB, and I think Stan will get  next year as he should get he has broke through a huge barrier with this team and their chemistry in the last two games and I would not be suprised at all to see them in the SEC Tourney finals and if so I think if they play their game they can beat anyone they would face in the finals GO STAN and GO HOGS.

I think you are right.  I hope you are right.  Don't see White having to get a new women's and men's coach.  I know Bev is supposed to be the women's AD but seriously do you think White wants to deal with getting a new women's/ mens and AD in the same year?

I will admit I was wrong about the last two games.  I predicted them to go 5-11 for the sec after the TT loss. If they get South Carolina (if MSU beats Bama) that is a winable game then would play Vandy again on a neutral court. 

PorkerOinker

Quote from: George S. Pigton on March 03, 2007, 02:29:08 pm
Well, for the programs sake I hope your wrong.  Regardless of the last two games, this
team and the coach have basic issues to resolve.  I don't think he can coach and it is
time to move on.  This season is a perfect example.  Too much talent to be 7-9 in conf.
play and not winning a bad western half of the league.

I'm glad they won and I wish them luck in the tourny just to close out on a positive note.

Who's to say these issues haven't been resolved. You will see when they maked their run in the SECT

Bomis Hawg

Great win today.  I hope it leads to a nice run in the SECT.  Otherwise, they need to take a hard look at Heath.

BTW, Oliver Miller ... your avatar.  The "Broyles" one looks like a woman I work with.  Which is creepy enough, but that just downright scares me when I see it.

ThisTeetsTaken

If they go one and done in the SECT, he's outta here.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Dwight_K_Shrute

2 game winning streak against a mediocre MSU at home and a good Vandy on the road is no break through.

A five game win streak that included a couple quality road wins against ranked teams and wins against ranked teams at home might constitute a break through but not this.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

cookie52

this is just like Heath in all reality though, win a game he shouldn't and then disappoint when he should win. just wait, we're more than likely 1 and done in the SECT.

Bomis Hawg

Arkansas beat MSU and Vandy.  Both teams might be have first round byes in the SECT.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: donewithdale on March 03, 2007, 02:34:31 pm
How many of these can you start?

As many as I want.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gopigsgo

Where is Fresh leggs? I'll go with his take on it.

Oliver

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 03, 2007, 02:38:24 pm
Great win today.  I hope it leads to a nice run in the SECT.  Otherwise, they need to take a hard look at Heath.

BTW, Oliver Miller ... your avatar.  The "Broyles" one looks like a woman I work with.  Which is creepy enough, but that just downright scares me when I see it.

I have to see a picture of the real life woman who looks like Frank Broyles with a mullet.  LOL

WilsonHog

Quote from: PorkerOinker on March 03, 2007, 02:40:31 pm

As many as I want.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I can ban you as many times as I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it still funny?

PiggoBitttys

So Heath will be back based on a 6 game winning streak in the SEC that's going to happen, when we just won 2 games in a row in the SEC for the first time all year?

Right....hey, and Nutt is really building that national championship.

mbgrulz

he has broken through by beating vandy and MSU? he has had 5 years at the UA and has only given us 1 NCAA tourney appearance. dont let this win one for the gipper BS hold our judgement hostage. he has been a failure, and he needs to go.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 03, 2007, 02:41:58 pm
I have to see a picture of the real life woman who looks like Frank Broyles with a mullet.  LOL

I honestly don't want to put anyone through that pain.  I still manage to read your posts without revisiting my lunch.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 03, 2007, 02:42:21 pm
Quote from: PorkerOinker on March 03, 2007, 02:40:31 pm

And I can ban you as many times as I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it still funny?

Not really
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Oliver

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 03, 2007, 02:43:05 pm
Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 03, 2007, 02:41:58 pm

I honestly don't want to put anyone through that pain.  I still manage to read your posts without revisiting my lunch.

Well at least it's the avatar that disgusts you and not my posts.  As much as I want all three people in my avatar out of Razorback athletics, I won't want to change my avatar if that ever happens.

granny grunt

I say integrity and class is something we have in our basketball coach,  and  one more year is not too much to give too keep it in place.   Next year will be much better with several seniors on the team.   Congratulations to Stan Heath and the Razorbacks today and good luck in the SEC Tournament and post season play......  Go Hogs!!!!

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: PorkerOinker on March 03, 2007, 02:33:18 pm
Keep Stan give him one more year and he will earn 5 more I think he is still learning as a coach and I think Next year will be the defining year for him and will jump start great basketball at Arkansas again.
I'm with you. Give him one more season so that we're through paying Nolan.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

WilsonHog

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 03, 2007, 02:45:47 pm

If Self or Gillespie are willing to come and we have people who will generate the money to pay them, it is irrelevant to me how many coaches we're paying. 

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: granny grunt on March 03, 2007, 02:45:13 pm
I say integrity and class is something we have in our basketball coach,  and  one more year is not too much to give too keep it in place.   Next year will be much better with several seniors on the team.   Congratulations to Stan Heath and the Razorbacks today and good luck in the SEC Tournament and post season play......  Go Hogs!!!!
Next season, we have 8 scholarships to fill.  We can NOT keep a coach who is at the end of his rope with the PTB and HOPE he suddenly learns to coach in the SEC.  What we are seeing right now is not a miraculous improvemnet in coaching, but a team that discovered toughness by stepping outside of the HC's personality.  Steven Hill galvanized this team against MSU, going against the teachings of the mild mannered Heath.  It is a shame Heath hasn't mastered the skill of being nice AND tough in the way that Dean Smith or Coach K have, but he hasn't and he has to go now to protect our ability to recruit next season.  A new coach now will have the opportunity to show a lot of improvemnet next season with the talent on this team.  And that will allow him to recruit very good talent with those scolarships.  A lame duck Heath can't do the same as easily.  Fire him immediately after the SEC Tourney.

Hong Kong Sooey

Heath is done.  Period.  Even if he somehow makes the tourney, the deed is done.  We will have a new HC next season.

momahog

Hong Kong, you also just summarized Nuttless because everyone is at the end of our rope with him and there are around 8 TOP recruits here in Arkansas alone who he will lose most of, if he is still here! 

WilsonHog

The key question is not what Heath could do with seven seniors, but what he would do with seven scholarships to fill.

I'm not convinced that he has the experience to build a team.

I would prefer to give that task to a veteran coach with a better track record.

ICEman

It's still a boring brand of basketball anyway you slice it.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 03, 2007, 02:44:53 pm
Well at least it's the avatar that disgusts you and not my posts.  As much as I want all three people in my avatar out of Razorback athletics, I won't want to change my avatar if that ever happens.

It is a definate classic.  It dawned on me who it looked like numerous posts later.  Its like a car wreck, though.  You just have to look at it. 

At least your posts aren't as fugly as the family portrait. ;D

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: momahog on March 03, 2007, 02:54:42 pm
Hong Kong, you also just summarized Nuttless because everyone is at the end of our rope with him and there are around 8 TOP recruits here in Arkansas alone who he will lose most of, if he is still here! 
No matter how much we want it to be different, Nutt is here for one more season.  We can get back to work on him after we deal with the bird in the hand.

Razorod

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 03, 2007, 02:47:08 pm

If Self or Gillespie are willing to come and we have people who will generate the money to pay them, it is irrelevant to me how many coaches we're paying. 

But if Self or Gillespie are not willing to come, what then? Why not give heath one more year,
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Razorod on March 03, 2007, 02:59:46 pm
Quote from: WilsonHog on March 03, 2007, 02:47:08 pm

But if Self or Gillespie are not willing to come, what then? Why not give heath one more year,
Because there are still many coaches who would do a better job than Stan.  Tim Floyd and Mike Montgomery for the "name" lovers.  Sean Sutton and Doc Sadler for the "I just want a good coach" contingent.  It doesn't matter what we thiink anyway, Stan is done.

HouSwine

What has happened to graduation rates for bb players who don't go pro since Heath has been here? It was supposed to be important a few years ago, re: Nolan. I really have no idea but am enough on the fence about Heath to think it should be part of the discussion. I also strongly think this is all a clever distraction from the real issue...Nutt. I am amazed that so many are falling for it. Deal with Nutt and deal with those who have not properly dealt with Nutt and Broyles, YESTERDAY or NOW at the latest!!

ceegar

Stan stays if they get 20 wins and get into the NCAA-T and win 2 games there. 
Stan stays if they win the SEC-T regardless of if they win in the NCAA-T.
Otherwise he is gone.

Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: ceegar on March 03, 2007, 03:17:45 pm
Stan stays if they get 20 wins and get into the NCAA-T and win 2 games there. 
Stan stays if they win the SEC-T regardless of if they win in the NCAA-T.
Otherwise he is gone.

He is gone.  Period. 

No_nuts

Nutt wasn't fired after 2 back to back horrible seasons,
so it's possible Stan stays.

I think it all depends on what happens in the SECT
and the NIT or NCAA.

towneofbeverlyhills

pigton is wrong for the programs sake....sorry, I think we win out and stan is back....get angry about it all you want but its true...he's baaaaack!

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: No_nuts on March 03, 2007, 03:23:04 pm
Nutt wasn't fired after 2 back to back horrible seasons,
so it's possible Stan stays.

I think it all depends on what happens in the SECT
and the NIT or NCAA.

I'm not offering opinion.  Stan would have to make a deep run in the tourney to have a shot of coming back.  That won't happen and he is done. 

towneofbeverlyhills

hogkongsooie...im pretty close to the program...and I'm close enuff to know what u just said isn't valid...not to sound like a jerk

Publius

A more sanguine view is that with the right coach, this team has the potential to be pretty good and that SH is NOT the man who can provide consistently good leadership in order to make that happen.  SH still should be canned, barring some March miracle run in the SECT and beyond.

PIGINAPOKE

Move on......

Arkansas new motto..."Just one more year"     Screw that. Guy had his chance.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

WilsonHog

Unless Florida and Tennessee decide to forfeit, I don't see us winning the SEC Tournament.

Bomis Hawg

Florida has dropped a bit lately.  Plus, Arkansas gave them all they wanted and them some at the O-Dome.  I could see the Hogs pulled off that upset, if they come to play.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: towneofbeverlyhills on March 03, 2007, 03:36:18 pm
hogkongsooie...im pretty close to the program...and I'm close enuff to know what u just said isn't valid...not to sound like a jerk
You don't sound like a jerk, and I stand by what I wrote.  Stan is done. 

pignatious

Excuse me if this doesn't make up for 5 years of mediocrity or worse. Unless they win the SEC tournament and 2 games in the NCAA, I think he should be terminated.
Freedom is never free.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: razor222 on March 03, 2007, 03:48:36 pm
Nice to see differing view points, and new posters, are so welcome. 
Both are welcome.  Offer your opinion all day.  Just be willing to defend it with fact and/or reason.  Otherwise, you will be largely ignored.  No offense intended, just friendly advise.

Mr. Prozac

HKS:

I have a question... Assuming no NCAA bid, do the PTB allow the Team to accept an NIT bid?

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on March 03, 2007, 03:51:08 pm
HKS:

I have a question... Assuming no NCAA bid, do the PTB allow the Team to accept an NIT bid?
What I have been told is that Arkansas will not accept an NIT bid in order for the coaching search to move forward quickly and efficiently.