Started by dhornjr1, February 26, 2007, 06:06:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogpuddin

Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 26, 2007, 07:16:03 pm
Quote from: Hogpuddin on February 26, 2007, 07:11:49 pm
Quote from: polandhog on February 26, 2007, 07:09:10 pm
Quote from: Hogpuddin on February 26, 2007, 07:03:28 pm
Quote from: HeathWimp on February 26, 2007, 07:00:44 pm
Ramona was complaining about racial discrimination when she first flew out of XNA.  Apparently she was subjected to some additional screening (like many people), and immediately played the race card.

You're right, a lot of people go through that very same frustrating process, regardless of race and/or gender.

:) LOL, so that means no "real" discrim-y-nayshunn ever happened, 'twas just all in her head after that????

Give me a break, and goodnight.

Oh yeah, nice comeback.  You never really answer a serious question and attack someone on here that you do not even know.  Good work.  Way to run.

Again, I am not arguing, we just wanted some factual information.

You know, I like to have a little fun with people on the board, especially HKS (I know you're out there), but that was mere flame-baiting and sheer ignorance.  I'm glad poland is gone for the night.  That man needs to sober up...

I know, me, too.  The sad part is is that he might actually believe that he is right but just will not back it up.  You are 100% correct.

kcstar

I have been a supporter of Stan from day one and appreciated the way he has conducted himself and the program (except for wins and losses).  However, when he was hired he said he needed four years to turn the program around.  It is unfortunate that he did not get turned around enough.  As a supporter I understand that a change has to be made 'for the good of the program.'

I am sure his family is upset, but I have not heard Chuckee Cheese and Otis Campbell crying about how 'upset' the Heath family is.  Are they not 'human' too or is it just the Nutt family that gets public sympathy from the BAC mouthpieces?

Hogpuddin

Quote from: kcstar on February 26, 2007, 07:43:04 pm
I have been a supporter of Stan from day one and appreciated the way he has conducted himself and the program (except for wins and losses).  However, when he was hired he said he needed four years to turn the program around.  It is unfortunate that he did not get turned around enough.  As a supporter I understand that a change has to be made 'for the good of the program.'

I am sure his family is upset, but I have not heard Chuckee Cheese and Otis Campbell crying about how 'upset' the Heath family is.  Are they not 'human' too or is it just the Nutt family that gets public sympathy from the BAC mouthpieces?

I believe that it is because Heath is not all buddy-buddy with the two aforementioned characters.  They are not allowed an inside look into his program the way that they are Nutt's.

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: kcstar on February 26, 2007, 07:43:04 pm

I'm sure Chuck and Otis don't have family's either.  Nutt's not human.  I love all the "humanity" posts for Stan. 

hogsailor

Quote from: butchdavisisback on February 26, 2007, 06:16:29 pm
You shouldn't feel sorry at all for a guy making almost a million dollars a year.  He, pure and simple, did not win enough games.  Do you think he feels sorry for you?

Hmm, a million, I thought his pay was $550,000.

So I guess the point is here, we can't get rid of a black coach because of his performance because we haven't gotten rid of a white coach because how he's Fk'ed the  FB program.
So, we let one program go down the tubes because it's just not right to try to correct one without correcting the other.

Because one is black and the other is white.

Racism is alive and rampant down here, but for some reason it's been reversed.

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

secfan30

Quote from: polandhog on February 26, 2007, 06:19:21 pm
You shouldn't feel sorry at all for a guy making almost a million dollars a year.  He, pure and simple, did not win enough games.  Do you think he feels sorry for you?

as much as i don't want to bring up the 'race' thing, i DO feel sorry for their treatment simply for being black.  whine all you want at me, and i'm a conservative even, but the heath CHILDREN, ms heath, and stan himself have been pretty much continuously berated for being black for 5 years -- at school, at stores, at games, whatever.

and this is BEFORE ramona ever said we were 'rednecks'.

i do feel sorry he didn't get it done, but i think yes it's not like the man is homeless....
The berating because of race, is this fact or rumor? I see less and less of this from the area I live in so I am sceptical when I hear this, Please forgive me if I sound rude I am really curious if it happened.

mike_k1911

I don't think he should get canned this year. He has made progress since his arrival up till this year and I think that with the same team next year, they can really rebound. They need to work on making smarter decisions with the basketball but I think it will be too bad to see someone else come in and win with Stan's team.

Seems like most folks in N.W. Arkansas want heads to roll all the time. I would bet that if you look at this whole site, you'd find every coaches name in here needing to go except baseball and it's early yet for that.

threeNout

I feel for anyone who has a monumental task to accomplish, who pours everything he has into it, tries to do things the right way, and has to succumb to failure.

I don't buy that the amount of money he makes should void any compassion one would feel for him, the pressure is so great none of us could understand.

I wish Stan the best, starting Wednesday night.

pignatious

Quote from: mike_k1911 on February 26, 2007, 08:30:21 pm
I don't think he should get canned this year. He has made progress since his arrival up till this year and I think that with the same team next year, they can really rebound. They need to work on making smarter decisions with the basketball but I think it will be too bad to see someone else come in and win with Stan's team.

Seems like most folks in N.W. Arkansas want heads to roll all the time. I would bet that if you look at this whole site, you'd find every coaches name in here needing to go except baseball and it's early yet for that.

Have you seen the road record in the SEC that your favorite coach has produced since he has been here? 6 wins in 5 years. Against 58 losses. How is that progress? Enlighten me please.
Freedom is never free.

mike_k1911

True enough...get rid of him.

Last I checked, no one in the west is running away with it.

I do like the cowbell thing. One of the funniest skits on SNL ever.

BigE_23

OK, first of all this is not a NW Arkansas thing, people from all over the state are unhappy with the direction of our athletics department as a whole, ie. Football and Men's Basketball, so let's clear that up first.

Next, I agree Stan has improved his overall record every year until this season. But let's not forget where the program was when he came here, there was nowhere to go but up! Stan is in over his head, anyone who knows Basketball can see that. When your players can't even inbound the basketball like we saw Saturday, you can't coach. This hire by Frank Broyles will go down as one of the worst in UA history.
Oh, by the way- When Stan went to the Elite 8 in 2002 at Kent State, he did it with someone else's players.

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: hogsailor on February 26, 2007, 08:27:30 pm

So I guess the point is here, we can't get rid of a black coach because of his performance because we haven't gotten rid of a white coach because how he's Fk'ed the  FB program.
So, we let one program go down the tubes because it's just not right to try to correct one without correcting the other.

What?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: dhornjr1 on February 26, 2007, 06:06:07 pm
I truly hate that it has come down to either make the NCAA Tournament or he's out.

Coach Heath has been a class act ever since he arrived on campus. I certainly hoped that he would be able to inject enthusiasm into the moribund basketball program. However, he has not demonstrated that he can at this juncture.

I wish good luck to Coach Heath and I hope that he can find success wherever he chooses to go.

It comes with the profession. Don't feel sorry for him.

He's made more in the last 5 years than you'll make in your entire lifetime and all he had to do to get it is have a terrible SEC record. Not a bad deal for him.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on February 26, 2007, 08:48:01 pm
I truly hate that it has come down to either make the NCAA Tournament or he's out.

Coach Heath has been a class act ever since he arrived on campus. I certainly hoped that he would be able to inject enthusiasm into the moribund basketball program. However, he has not demonstrated that he can at this juncture.

I wish good luck to Coach Heath and I hope that he can find success wherever he chooses to go.

He's made more in the last 5 years than you'll make in your entire lifetime and all he had to do to get it is have a terrible SEC record. Not a bad deal for him.

Alas, poor Stan, we came not to bury thee...oh wait, that's exactly why I'm here. 

Right on MemphoMark, he got paid big $$$ to be so incompetent. 

lunchbox72703

You Know.....I am going to write the whole situaion occuring on the hill in a book....throw some "Oh Yee's", "Thou Artest" and maybe a "Where or art though" in there, and sell it!  It would be just as good as some shakesperean tragedy!!!   

Alas Sir Heath, You are but a noble servant of the Wicked King Broyles.  Your army was not mighty, but they fought with honor, and now you must be banished while evil Duke Nuttlesston remains.....OH TRAGEDY OH TRAGEDY FALLS UPON THE LAND.

pignatious

Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 26, 2007, 08:49:59 pm
Quote from: MarkinMemphis on February 26, 2007, 08:48:01 pm

We should be able to ask for a lot of that back, for non-performance of duty. I mean it really is just pathetic watching his lack of coaching ability. I would like a refund for the tickets I've bought and the time I've spent watching his "talents" on display.

Alas, poor Stan, we came not to bury thee...oh wait, that's exactly why I'm here. 

Right on MemphoMark, he got paid big $$$ to be so incompetent. 
Freedom is never free.

Sloppys

I don't think anyone wants to get rid of our Track coach either.... How can he be overlooked so easily????

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on February 26, 2007, 08:53:35 pm
You Know.....I am going to write the whole situaion occuring on the hill in a book....throw some "Oh Yee's", "Thou Artest" and maybe a "Where or art though" in there, and sell it!  It would be just as good as some shakesperean tragedy!!!  

Alas Sir Heath, You are but a noble servant of the Wicked King Broyles.  Your army was not mighty, but they fought with honor, and now you must be banished while evil Duke Nuttlesston remains.....OH TRAGEDY OH TRAGEDY FALLS UPON THE LAND.

Of course, your writing is more like your avatar, not your picture, but I liked it! +Onneage...

hogsailor

Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 26, 2007, 08:46:12 pm

What?

SHOULD I PUT IT IN ALL CAPS SO YOU CAN HEAR?

nevermind....

-- -- Joseph Joubert

BigE_23

February 26, 2007, 08:57:49 pm #69 Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 09:09:23 pm by BigE_23

Stan's salary as of 2006 was $752,343, making him the 2nd highest paid state employee in Arkansas.

Heath will be gone regardless of his color, but something that is the color green does matter.

Arkansans aren't getting their money's worth and they UA knows that people won't keep spending their dollars to see a terrible basketball coach botch a game, esp when he has good enough players to win.

And that has absolutely nothing to do with HDN, whether that is fair or not is another issue all together.

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: hogsailor on February 26, 2007, 08:56:43 pm

What?

nevermind....

No, man, I'm not trying to hate...just slow down for me...I wasn't quite able to catch your reasoning there.  Are you saying there's no racism? I agree.  Are you saying that Nutt and Heath shouldn't be linked?  I agree. 

What are you saying? 

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: BigE_23 on February 26, 2007, 08:57:49 pm

Stan's salary as of 2006 was $752,343, making him the 2nd highest paid state employee in Arkansas.

Heath will be gone regardless of his color, but something that is the color green does matter.

Arkansans aren't getting there money's worth and they UA knows that people won't keep spending their dollars to see a terrible basketball coach botch a came, esp when he has good enough players to win.

And that has absolutely nothing to do with HDN, whether that is fair or not is another issue all together.

The tail has been successfully applied to the donkey...

PinkPig

Quote from: Preston Lewis on February 26, 2007, 06:40:09 pm
Regardless of your feelings about his coaching, Coach Heath deserves the full 100% support of all the University officials until he is dismissed.  I doubt KNWA would have reported though without really solid sources.  And that means that someone is talking.

Sure fans will speculate, but in absence of misconduct Stan deserves respect and dignity throughout his tenure.  Talking to the media about ultimatums is in poor taste.  You can always pull the plug later, but inviting media attention and speculation isn't respectful.  And while Coach Heath may have not delivered as many W's as some want, he has delivered tons of class.       

You make a very good point.  It's particularly disturbing when nothing seems to be coming out about HDN and the MSM.
"Censorship of anything, at any time, in any place, on whatever pretense, has always been and always will be the last resort of the boob and the bigot."
― Eugene O'Neill

stronguard

Enough with the racism.  STANLEY deserves to be fired whether he is black, white, yellow, red or neon green.  The job isn't getting done.  Houston needs to be fired in the same manner, but he hasn't.  Why not?   Here's what I think.  NuttyBuddy is a local fella, he was pals with all the sportswriters and head honchos.  With all the boosters and perhaps most importantly, the Stephens.  Think about it, NuttyBuddy's road had smooth sailing for 9 years, even with every darksider (myself included) spewing the facts about his beleaguered program and pointing to the obvious misinformation that rained down from RRS.  Yet, as soon as one of his insulators (e.g. Wally) turned on him, the oven got a little hotter.  Hot enough that NuttyBuddy called on his pal John White and members of the BOT and told them that the heat was too much, and that he needed a sacrificial lamb.  Goodbye Broyles.  The pressure dies down just enough that NuttyBuddy could sweep Wally's scoop right off the front page.  Couple that with John White (who is thankful to NuttyBuddy for exposing Broyles and allowing him to FINALLY be in charge at the U of A) making a statement which basically says "HDN gave me the head of JFB, so I will give him free reign for AT LEAST one more year."  and Nutt is saying Nyaaah, Nyah nyah nyah nyaaaah.

It all boils down to this, STANLEY is getting fired because 1) he didn't get the job done, and 2) he didn't have the media pals to insulate him from his ineptness. 

STANLEY must go.

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

hogsailor

Quote from: BigE_23 on February 26, 2007, 08:57:49 pm

Arkansans aren't getting there money's worth and they UA knows that people won't keep spending their dollars to see a terrible basketball coach botch a came, esp when he has good enough players to win.

agreed, his color has nothing to do with anything.

We are all of the same opinion, Stan is a good person. He's just not the coach Arkansas needs right now.
That's about as simplistic and non-racial as I can put it.
This has nothing to do with his color, it's about his ability to coach.
I'm all for getting rid of nutt, but it's gone beyond his inability to coach.
I don't agree with the powers that let nutt stay and lose heath but we can't say because one stays the other should also.

-- -- Joseph Joubert

PIGINAPOKE

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on February 26, 2007, 06:35:41 pm

So I shouldn't feel for him having to relocate?  His kids don't make a million per year.  Hey, I agree it's time for him to go.  But unless the kids and wife absolutely hate it here, then yes I still feel for him.  Now, the million bucks just insures they don't go hungry, etc.  But I imagine it's still hard on him and his family.  I'm sure all the kids at school are talking nice about his dad. 

I can just hear those mature 16 year olds saying, "I just hate that your dad has to leave since you all have so much class."   ::)

That being said, I would still make the move for him to leave.  But I don't see what's so wrong with having some compassion for him and his family during the move.

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on February 26, 2007, 06:35:41 pm

So I shouldn't feel for him having to relocate?  His kids don't make a million per year.  Hey, I agree it's time for him to go.  But unless the kids and wife absolutely hate it here, then yes I still feel for him.  Now, the million bucks just insures they don't go hungry, etc.  But I imagine it's still hard on him and his family.  I'm sure all the kids at school are talking nice about his dad. 

I can just hear those mature 16 year olds saying, "I just hate that your dad has to leave since you all have so much class."   ::)

That being said, I would still make the move for him to leave.  But I don't see what's so wrong with having some compassion for him and his family during the move.

All in love and war Legs..No child of a coach should be harrased, Or any family member for that matter over a SPORT. That is stupid..

Stans wife has said she hates it here..That was said yrs back. I love Montana, But hate the cold too.

Stan has carried himself awesome here..Class act..He did not get it done.

So he moves on..Best of luck to a class man.. 40 minutes of Hell in Arkansas these days seems to be at the U-Haul office filling out paperwork.

He won't be alone.

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

hogsailor

Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 26, 2007, 08:58:20 pm
Quote from: hogsailor on February 26, 2007, 08:56:43 pm

What?

nevermind....

No, man, I'm not trying to hate...just slow down for me...I wasn't quite able to catch your reasoning there.  Are you saying there's no racism? I agree.  Are you saying that Nutt and Heath shouldn't be linked?  I agree. 

What are you saying? 

Yes on both counts...

-- -- Joseph Joubert

PinkPig

February 26, 2007, 09:12:35 pm #77 Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 09:16:18 pm by PinkPig

Nice post.  I agree with your sentiments.  Even people making a lot of money have feelings, and Stan Heath has shown class.   Don't know how old his kids are, but change is scary for children.
"Censorship of anything, at any time, in any place, on whatever pretense, has always been and always will be the last resort of the boob and the bigot."
― Eugene O'Neill

hogsailor

Quote from: stronguard on February 26, 2007, 09:01:05 pm
Enough with the racism.  STANLEY deserves to be fired whether he is black, white, yellow, red or neon green.  The job isn't getting done.  Houston needs to be fired in the same manner, but he hasn't.  Why not?   Here's what I think.  NuttyBuddy is a local fella, he was pals with all the sportswriters and head honchos.  With all the boosters and perhaps most importantly, the Stephens.  Think about it, NuttyBuddy's road had smooth sailing for 9 years, even with every darksider (myself included) spewing the facts about his beleaguered program and pointing to the obvious misinformation that rained down from RRS.  Yet, as soon as one of his insulators (e.g. Wally) turned on him, the oven got a little hotter.  Hot enough that NuttyBuddy called on his pal John White and members of the BOT and told them that the heat was too much, and that he needed a sacrificial lamb.  Goodbye Broyles.  The pressure dies down just enough that NuttyBuddy could sweep Wally's scoop right off the front page.  Couple that with John White (who is thankful to NuttyBuddy for exposing Broyles and allowing him to FINALLY be in charge at the U of A) making a statement which basically says "HDN gave me the head of JFB, so I will give him free reign for AT LEAST one more year."  and Nutt is saying Nyaaah, Nyah nyah nyah nyaaaah.

It all boils down to this, STANLEY is getting fired because 1) he didn't get the job done, and 2) he didn't have the media pals to insulate him from his ineptness. 

STANLEY must go.

and you may be onto something there..

-- -- Joseph Joubert

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Couldn't ask for a classier coach.  That's what makes this tough.  I sure wish he would have had more success here because he has a ton of aspects that you couldn't ask for more in a person/coach.

dhornjr1

Quote from: abostian on February 26, 2007, 09:27:53 pm
Couldn't ask for a classier coach.  That's what makes this tough.  I sure wish he would have had more success here because he has a ton of aspects that you couldn't ask for more in a person/coach.

That's the orginal point of the thread. Well said.

polandhog

Quote from: abostian on February 26, 2007, 09:27:53 pm

+1

coolhog

We need to hire Bill Self as headcoach and keep Stan as assistant, he recruits good.

jimmur74

as much as i don't want to bring up the 'race' thing, i DO feel sorry for their treatment simply for being black.  whine all you want at me, and i'm a conservative even, but the heath CHILDREN, ms heath, and stan himself have been pretty much continuously berated for being black for 5 years -- at school, at stores, at games, whatever.

i do feel sorry he didn't get it done, but i think yes it's not like the man is homeless....

I am going to VOMIT!!

HawgWyld

I'll agree with you 100 percent on that. It's horrible to watch Heath struggle, time and time again. He really is a class act, and I wish he could figure out how to take those talented players and win some games.

mudslog

I get t
Quote from: jimmur74 on February 27, 2007, 12:43:07 am

as much as i don't want to bring up the 'race' thing, i DO feel sorry for their treatment simply for being black.  whine all you want at me, and i'm a conservative even, but the heath CHILDREN, ms heath, and stan himself have been pretty much continuously berated for being black for 5 years -- at school, at stores, at games, whatever.

I am going to VOMIT!!
[/quote
I get the big pieces

cowboyhomer22

Pack your bags Stan, not happening this year.

VenturaHog

he is class and I knew this would happen. If he can't win NEXT year, then he obviously shouldnt be our coach, but this year was a rebuilding year and everyone knows it. Whoever gets the team next year is a lucky man.

patgrl

I agree.
The wrong coach, once again, is leaving

abraHAM_lincoln

Coach Heath has been total class, and in the aftershocks of Nolan it was nice to have a man who has don'e nothing but exude dignity in everything he has said.

I hope he does step down (In lew of firing) and the Razorback Foundation rewards him for understanding that the Team and program is bigger than the man.....  (Nutt should be forced to sit and take notes if that happens!!!)

twistitup

If Stan's ability to motivate was just half as good as his sense of fashion he would be ok.

STAN- Great dresser, less than great motivator...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

spudhog

its a shame that he just didn't work out. he has been more than class. just look at his interview yesterday, he doesn't back down. their's no used carsalesman routine just straight up, "we have to win". i really pull for him but as we all know, it won't happen. i will root for him wherever he goes. i hope him and his family find true happiness and we see him at the dance one year. 

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: spudhog on February 27, 2007, 08:04:21 am
its a shame that he just didn't work out. he has been more than class. just look at his interview yesterday, he doesn't back down. their's no used carsalesman routine just straight up, "we have to win". i really pull for him but as we all know, it won't happen. i will root for him wherever he goes. i hope him and his family find true happiness and we see him at the dance one year. 

+1

seqco

Stan Heath, heck of a guy, over his head here in the SEC. I don't want to see him coach at BWA again unless he is bringing in a MAC school to play the Hogs.

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: seqco on February 27, 2007, 10:55:07 am
Stan Heath, heck of a guy, over his head here in the SEC. I don't want to see him coach at BWA again unless he is bringing in a MAC school to play the Hogs.

+1, summed up HogNation

HawgG

Quote from: seqco on February 27, 2007, 10:55:07 am

If this team somehow wins 20 games then Stan will get a much better job then a MAC school.There is more to hiring a coach then one the wins 25 games almost yearly.

I'll be willing to bet that at his next job he will not make the same mistakes as he did at Arkansas.

Heath's impending doom was all brought about during the offseasons with recruiting and assistant coach hires.

Ronnie Thompson gave us Dontell Jefferson, Darian Townes, and Sean McCurdy.That gets a HC fired right there.Where was his teaching of the Big Men.

Dan Hipsher's motion offense is to damn hard for our players to learn and where was all this tough love he preached about.JFB forced Heath to hire this guy and like usual it didn't work out.

Yes the offseasons have not been kind to Heath and if he is fired this offseason then his nightmares will finally be over.He won't have to deal with it again.

That's probably why he seems so upbeat even though most of us would be down in the dumps about the situation.Getting away from Ark might be the best thing that can happen for Heath eventually.