Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Just In

Started by The Broadcaster, February 24, 2007, 02:19:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gohogs3218

I just don't get you guys. We had a 10-4 record alright. We LOST the last three games. We beat only THREE teams with winning records and looked absolutely pathetic at the bowl game. I was at all three of the last games. OUR COACHING by HDN was PATHETIC. The Wisconsin fans at the bowl game said we were better on both sides of the ball-we were simply OUTCOACHED. That is per the other teams fans.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: RhodeHog on February 24, 2007, 02:22:16 pm
Quote from: ICEman on February 24, 2007, 02:20:23 pm
Why wait?

To give Stan a little dignity.  He's a really nice guy, just out of his league in the SEC.  This season is a wash anyway.

I agree, Stan at least deserves a little diginity.  Unfortunately, he is out of his league in the SEC but he does deserve to finish the season.  Looks like we'll be playing either UT again real soon or UGA....

Now excuse me while I get back under my desk and curl into the fetal position again...
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

BartIV

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on February 24, 2007, 02:37:35 pm
Quote from: WilsonHog on February 24, 2007, 02:33:45 pm
Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 02:28:05 pm
Fire Stan and Nutt at same time, then there is no controversy. If they fire Stan and Not Nutt, say what you want, it will be a nolan Richardson trial all over again, as it should.

No, it won't. There is a simple equation here.

Lawsuit = End of coaching career. 

Heath is not going to sue the university. There is no case.  He has no hardware and there is no specific example that he was racially discriminated.  Besides Heath can't even chew out a ref, how is this guy going to sue a major university?
Firing a black man who has had winning seasons every year.
Keeping a white man who has had losing seasons and has nothing but a 10-4 season to stand on.

MrsPiggy

Heath will be fired for on court performance.  Same standard other coaches in other programs are held to.  We just don't recognize that standard here in Arkansas because of Nutt being allowed to get by with everything - including back to back losing seasons.

As much as I want Nutt gone, I don't have a problem with Heath being fired first.  It shows at least there's still some level of expectation up there.

3kgthog

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 24, 2007, 02:39:10 pm
In all seriousness, in light of Houston Nutt's record in 2004 and 2005, if we fire Stan Heath we damn sure better replace him with an African-American coach.  Otherwise Stan will be able to establish a prima facie case of racial discrimination in employment.

They've got that covered by hiring Derrick Gragg as AD. See, it all fits together if you believe in conspiracy theories.

Bomis Hawg

Currently, at 2:41 ... no update.

missippihog

In all seriousness, in light of Houston Nutt's record in 2004 and 2005, if we fire Stan Heath we damn sure better replace him with an African-American coach.  Otherwise Stan will be able to establish a prima facie case of racial discrimination in employment.

I am so sick of this mentality. Take affirmative action and shove it. You hire the best person for the postion. Who gives a damn what color his skin is (besides Nolan)?

RhodeHog

Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 02:41:51 pm

I am so sick of this mentality. Take affirmative action and shove it. You hire the best person for the postion. Who gives a damn what color his skin is (besides Nolan)?

Exactly.  For once I agree with you on something!  :)

Hire the best coach we can afford, period.

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 24, 2007, 02:38:49 pm
Difference between Nutt and Heath ? At least I feel we have a chance to win every football game. I hope to get where we expect to win every football and basketball game.

Difference between Nutt and Heath? 

Heath can't coach but he is, by all accounts, a good guy. 

Nutt just can't coach.

jkstock04

Stan Heath would never go there.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

missippihog

Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 02:40:39 pm
Fire Stan and Nutt at same time, then there is no controversy. If they fire Stan and Not Nutt, say what you want, it will be a nolan Richardson trial all over again, as it should.

Heath is not going to sue the university. There is no case.  He has no hardware and there is no specific example that he was racially discriminated.  Besides Heath can't even chew out a ref, how is this guy going to sue a major university?
Keeping a white man who has had losing seasons and has nothing but a 10-4 season to stand on.

A winning season is nowhere near the same or as hard to accomplish in basketball as it is in FB.

RhodeHog

Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 02:43:17 pm

A winning season is nowhere near the same or as hard to accomplish in basketball as it is in FB.

I disagree.  Have you seen our football schedule for next year?

WilsonHog

Are you proposing that Stan Heath has had a winning season every year?

Hell, we've had a losing SEC record in 4 of Heath's 5 years. 

razorhead94

Quote from: gohogs3218 on February 24, 2007, 02:39:49 pm
I just don't get you guys. We had a 10-4 record alright. We LOST the last three games. We beat only THREE teams with winning records and looked absolutely pathetic at the bowl game. I was at all three of the last games. OUR COACHING by HDN was PATHETIC. The Wisconsin fans at the bowl game said we were better on both sides of the ball-we were simply OUTCOACHED. That is per the other teams fans.

I know the wisconisn game was bad!  We did outcoached there...not being able to move the ball was aweful.  With that said trying to beat LSU and florida was a little much for this team.  We are just outnumbered greatly with the amount of great players with those schools.  Even though we should have won those games (except for a few miscues by players), you can't blame houston for those two games, we were simply overmatched...thats why we ran nothing but trick plays against florida.  However, bowl game was aweful.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

phoggy

BS
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

BartIV

All I am saying is they both have accomplished about the same - nothing. Difference is Nutt has been give more time to accomplish this.

missippihog

Quote from: razorhead94 on February 24, 2007, 02:44:39 pm
Quote from: gohogs3218 on February 24, 2007, 02:39:49 pm

I know the wisconisn game was bad!  We did outcoached there...not being able to move the ball was aweful.  With that said trying to beat LSU and florida was a little much for this team.  We are just outnumbered greatly with the amount of great players with those schools.  Even though we should have won those games (except for a few miscues by players), you can't blame houston for those two games, we were simply overmatched...thats why we ran nothing but trick plays against florida.  However, bowl game was aweful.

You still have to expect to win these games. The coach gets the credit for wins and blame for losses. That is the way it is and way it should be.

missippihog

Quote from: phoggy on February 24, 2007, 02:44:55 pm

BS

Really. How many SEC teams will have a winning record in BB this year vs FB last year?

Boardon Hamsay

Any thoughts on this Bill Self rumor of being the guy those in power want to be the next BB coach?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

patgrl

Quote from: UnionChristian#3 on February 24, 2007, 02:29:46 pm
Quote from: razorhead94 on February 24, 2007, 02:23:06 pm
Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 02:20:54 pm
How can they fire Stan Heath and Not houston nutt.
Who is your source?

Quit saying this!!!!  Houston just had a 10-4 season and 7-1 in SEC...Stan is 5-9 in SEC enough said!

exactly... if Nutt goes 8-4, 7-5 next year, he will be gone too.

I can't see hi doing much better than that

missippihog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 24, 2007, 02:45:34 pm

I can't believe I gave you a +1 for something  :o

Hitler was wrong too. Can I get another +1?

BartIV

What has Houston Nutt won?
What has Stan Heath won?

WilsonHog

This threat of a lawsuit theme is pure unrealistic BS.

Look, if I am a university president I don't care how good a coach you are...if you have EVER sued a former employer I will not hire you, period.

Why? Because when I hire a coach I want to be able to fire them whenever and for whatever I choose.

I'm not taking on the baggage of a coach who has an attorney on retainer.

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Stan has NOT had winning seasons every year.

Hogsfoot

Houston could have coached this team to 20 wins.

missippihog

Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 02:47:44 pm
What has Stan Heath won?

Nothing. Nutt's record just better this year.

Boardon Hamsay

February 24, 2007, 02:50:24 pm #76 Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 03:09:25 pm by rlh06
Quote from: Hogsfoot on February 24, 2007, 02:48:19 pm
Houston could have coached this team to 20 wins.

Not sure about all that, but we would have been dead last in the SEC in assists.

missippihog

In FB we went to the Capital One Bowl which is the best bowl outside the BCS, this means the 5th best bowl right? That would be equal to at least the sweet 16 round in BB. We don't even have a "real" chance to make it to the tourney now.

BartIV

Stan Heath had two losing seasons in his first, so Heath and Nutt have 2 losing seasons, my fault. Fire both then, same time.

pork-e-pine

I thought this was a thread about heath.
What is y'all's fixation with nutt about?
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

phoggy

Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 02:46:59 pm

BS

Really. How many SEC teams will have a winning record in BB this year vs FB last year?

When does the BB season end? I'll know the answer to your question that afternoon.
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

missippihog

Quote from: phoggy on February 24, 2007, 02:52:08 pm

BS

When does the BB season end? I'll know the answer to your question that afternoon.

Make a guesstimate. Not hard to figure out.

bphi11ips

This is not a mentality.  It's a statement by an attorney with 15 years of experience defending Title VII claims.  We can fire him but he will have a colorable claim.  That is all.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

BartIV

Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 02:51:38 pm
In FB we went to the Capital One Bowl which is the best bowl outside the BCS, this means the 5th best bowl right? That would be equal to at least the sweet 16 round in BB. We don't even have a "real" chance to make it to the tourney now.

So that means Houston Nutt didn't win even the best-none BCS game of the year. what an accomplishment.

razorhead94

What has Stan Heath won?

Houston-  SEC coach of the year
           -  2 time SEC west champion
           - Cotton Bowl win
           - Independence bowl win

Stan - 1 NCAA tournament appearance (0-1)
        - no SEC west titles
        - no coach of the year honors

With all that said Houston should have more bowl wins and SEC champsionship....but Stan has NOTHING
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

jkstock04

There is a double standard at the University.  In my mind this is plain as day.  Yes, Heath needs to go due to his short comings.  BUT....Stan Heath is gonna have to answer and pay for his mistakes....Houston Nutt doesn't have to answer for anything. 

Since Heath isn't from around here, and since he isn't a part of the "good ole boy" network...he's gonna get the axe.  I guarantee you if Dickey Nutt was our basketball coach (I think it would be overly hilarious if we looked at hiring him....if Frank still had the power it wouldn't surprise me) and under the same circumstances that Heath is currently under....he wouldn't get fired.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

BartIV

Quote from: pork-e-pine on February 24, 2007, 02:51:48 pm
Why should Stan be fired and not Nutt?

pork-e-pine

Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 02:54:09 pm
Quote from: pork-e-pine on February 24, 2007, 02:51:48 pm
Why should Stan be fired and not Nutt?

That is a good question.  For another thread.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

missippihog

BS

Let me help you. 5 teams finished FB with >500 record last year. South Carolina is the only team with a 500 record in BB right now the rest are >500.

Brand X Hog Fan

Why wait?

To give Stan a little dignity.  He's a really nice guy, just out of his league in the SEC.  This season is a wash anyway.

And what if he wins the SEC Tourney? What if goes to the NCAA and wins two more? It is an interesting predicament. Do we fire now or later?
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

The Pig Lebowski

Quote from: razorhead94 on February 24, 2007, 02:53:33 pm
What has Stan Heath won?

- Cotton Bowl win
           - Independence bowl win

- no SEC west titles

With all that said Houston should have more bowl wins and SEC champsionship....but Stan has NOTHING

You forgot to list all of the embarrassing minor bowl losses and losing the last 3 games 7 of the last 9 years; and you forgot to list the steady improvement by Stan until this year. 
"Avoid irritation"

Boardon Hamsay

What has Stan Heath won?

- Cotton Bowl win
           - Independence bowl win

- no SEC west titles

In short, both coaches have plateau-ed and it's time to see if we can get coaches that can take us to the next level.....like consistent trips to bowls/NCAA tournaments AND then winning.

missippihog

Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 02:53:31 pm

So that means Houston Nutt didn't win even the best-none BCS game of the year. what an accomplishment.

And Stan can't even get close to getting a chance to play in the game. Much worse accomplishment.

BartIV

What has Stan Heath won?

- Cotton Bowl win
           - Independence bowl win

- no SEC west titles

Woooowwww. a cotton bowl win and a INDEPENDENCE BOWL WIN!!!! Now, how many BCS wins and Championships? This should be good.

missippihog

Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 02:57:30 pm
What has Stan Heath won?

- Cotton Bowl win
           - Independence bowl win

- no SEC west titles

Woooowwww. a cotton bowl win and a INDEPENDENCE BOWL WIN!!!! Now, how many BCS wins and Championships? This should be good.

WHAT HAS STAN DONE? This was a thread about Stan.

RhodeHog

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on February 24, 2007, 02:55:56 pm
Why wait?

And what if he wins the SEC Tourney? What if goes to the NCAA and wins two more? It is an interesting predicament. Do we fire now or later?

I don't think we'll win the SEC tourney, especially if he's been told he is gone after the season.  But if we do win the tourney, it would be an interesting predicament.

br549

Why wait?

I agree. He should be fired tonight and maybe the assistant coach can get these players motivated for the tournament.

phoggy

Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 02:53:04 pm

BS

Make a guesstimate. Not hard to figure out.

then why are you askin'?

3 SEC wins and take care of directional schools=FB winning season. 1/3 SEC wins and take care of directional schools=BB winning season.

jkstock04

Like I said earlier....4-7 and 5-6....I guess you were content with this?  Why should he have got to keep his job through that?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

BartIV

Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 02:58:31 pm
Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 02:57:30 pm
What has Stan Heath won?

- Cotton Bowl win
           - Independence bowl win

- no SEC west titles

WHAT HAS STAN DONE? This was a thread about Stan.
You can't fire Stan and not fire Nutt.