Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I was a Heath fan.......... until tonight

Started by Gushugger, February 07, 2007, 10:50:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

little pigee

Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on February 07, 2007, 11:41:34 pm
1-you don't force a 'T' late in the game with a lead at home against a divison opponent you are 1 game behind
2-you don't force a 'T' late in the game with a lead at home against a divison opponent you are 1 game behind
3-you don't force a 'T' late in the game with a lead at home against a divison opponent you are 1 game behind
4-you don't force a 'T' late in the game with a lead at home against a divison opponent you are 1 game behind

with that said, you make some great points.... however, i regret to say again... that you don't force a 'T' late in the game with a lead at home against a divison opponent you are 1 game behind
I agree with your first two points, but after that....
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

zebra

Quote from: berg on February 08, 2007, 08:31:59 am
Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on February 07, 2007, 11:41:34 pm
1-you don't force a 'T' late in the game with a lead at home against a divison opponent you are 1 game behind
2-you don't force a 'T' late in the game with a lead at home against a divison opponent you are 1 game behind
3-you don't force a 'T' late in the game with a lead at home against a divison opponent you are 1 game behind
4-you don't force a 'T' late in the game with a lead at home against a divison opponent you are 1 game behind

with that said, you make some great points.... however, i regret to say again... that you don't force a 'T' late in the game with a lead at home against a divison opponent you are 1 game behind

He was referring to the hard foul that Hill took in the first half.  The crowd was not in the game, we had a few bad calls in a row.  It was the perfect time to get a T.

I totally agree, I thought the first as we were sleep walking was an excellent time to blow a gasket!

Nashville Fan

Heck Nolan was blowing out teams. He never let a team up when they were down. Stan's games end up being so close that a T will most likely lose the game. I can't remember Nolan ever getting a T when it mattered. Maybe one time in the tourney.
Pittman or Bust!

Tone

Quote from: Nashville Fan on February 08, 2007, 02:41:45 pm
Heck Nolan was blowing out teams. He never let a team up when they were down. Stan's games end up being so close that a T will most likely lose the game. I can't remember Nolan ever getting a T when it mattered. Maybe one time in the tourney.

I do remember in 1993 when Nolan got tossed at Vanderbilt.  I was living there doing by residency at Vandy.  Corliss had just got healthy from his foot injury and Vandy ended up winning the game.  I loved it when Nolan got mad, heck he could be happy and still make you scared.

seqco

How dare you mention Dean Smith and Stan Heath in the same sentence.

Stan is not the answer, we have known this fact for some time now, I hope they don't make the bracket because It will get ugly as Stan gets big time outcoached there, just like last year with Pat Flannery (Bucknell).

bgsisco

I don't understand why people say "There is no way we will fire Heath before Nutt because of the racial issues".  When has this  administration done anything that made any sense or followed any line of logic whatsoever.  Just when I think it can't get any stranger or more ignorant BAM they go and pull something else out of their ass.  I'm not saying it will or won't be done but I am done saying "no way xy or z will happen".

savimbi2002

Coach Heath is the coach of the U of A bb team. As long as that is the case,we need to support him and the young men who wish to play for the Hogs. I support Stan Heath. You should too.  :razorback:

Pigskin_Porker

I support SH still, BUT his lack of intensity and toughness seems to rub off on all of the players.  Patrick Beverly seems to be part of the exception and I hope he keeps bringing it night in and night out and also I think Steven Hill could fore up the team, too.

INSPITE OF STAN HEATH.

Oh and that foul on Steven Hill where he was undercut I was shocked that Stan Heath didn't rip the refs a new one. How pathetic from the HC. . . . .
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

Spa City Sal

Sal was just wondering: Could Heath's lack of reaction be attributed to the fact that Hill is white? Probably not, but it makes one think.

Hogpuddin

Quote from: Spa City Sal on February 08, 2007, 06:40:26 pm
Sal was just wondering: Could Heath's lack of reaction be attributed to the fact that Hill is white? Probably not, but it makes one think.

If this is your first time to Hogville, welcome.  But do not start any of that crap.  I know it was probably an innocent observation, but that will open up a whole new can of unnecessary trouble.

As far as the original post, I could not have agreed more.  I was about to jump through the screen just to yell at Stan to do something.  He definitely should have gotten a 'T' there or at some point in that game.