Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If heath is allowed back after a crappy year...

Started by batmanfan, February 06, 2007, 01:17:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

If the Hogs suck and go 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, miss the tourney, but Heath keeps his job, will you continue to support Hog hoops?

I love the Hogs of course I'll still be a fan
42 (48.3%)
I'll be done with it
3 (3.4%)
I've been in apathy mode for awhile now
31 (35.6%)
With Dork and Defeat both back, I won't be back till the house is CLEANED
11 (12.6%)

Total Members Voted: 81

batmanfan

I'll have trouble supporting this team until Heath is fired.  Losing to UK was the final straw for me, just really disappointed because we shouldn't lose that.  I don't even feel like watching the Auburn game, I really don't.  Apathy is starting to hit me and I never thought it would or something I've been strong about since I was a Little Bat of 7 years old.

Its about 98% a fact that Heath will be nothing but be a mediocre coach, giving us a mediocre program.

Given hat I really only care about the b-ball program now anyway, I'll be done with it all until change is made.

Frick all you bastards up there that have made this garbage possible.  Waste of time and $$$$$.

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

WILL CLINTON

NO way you can fire Heath with Dork still roaming the sidelines doing his Yosimite Sam impersonation to the nation every Saturday in the fall. 

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hogfan064

Quote from: batmanfan on February 06, 2007, 01:17:23 pm
I'll have trouble supporting this team until Heath is fired.  Losing to UK was the final straw for me, just really disappointed because we shouldn't lose that.  I don't even feel like watching the Auburn game, I really don't.  Apathy is starting to hit me and I never thought it would or something I've been strong about since I was a Little Bat of 7 years old.

Its about 98% a fact that Heath will be nothing but be a mediocre coach, giving us a mediocre program.

Given hat I really only care about the b-ball program now anyway, I'll be done with it all until change is made.

Frick all you bastards up there that have made this garbage possible.  Waste of time and $$$$$.

BAT

I'll always support the Hogs, but I've said from Day 1 Heath would never work out as a coach for the Hogs.  THe man was hired only because he was young and black.  A school with as much tradition, great facilities, and great fanbase as we have should have more than a bottom level SEC coach.

hogfan064

Quote from: dubyacee on February 06, 2007, 01:19:42 pm
NO way you can fire Heath with Dork still roaming the sidelines doing his Yosimite Sam impersonation to the nation every Saturday in the fall. 

That's a poor and unoriginal excuse.  Heath has underachieved since day 1.  He continues to lose to teams he shouldn't and his road record and SEC records are awful.  The man doesn't deserve a job as a SEC HC

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2007, 01:22:54 pm

That's a poor and unoriginal excuse.  Heath has underachieved since day 1.  He continues to lose to teams he shouldn't and his road record and SEC records are awful.  The man doesn't deserve a job as a SEC HC

Look, I'm no Heath hugger, but he has increased his win total every year up until this one.  He has run a clean program with no drama and, to be honest, looks and conducts himself more like a SEC HC than the Nuttster does.  I'm sorry, but if I've got to chose to run one of the two off, Heath is staying. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

coach5779

I bet a lot of people would be willing to do something to get rid of him.  Ad anyone?
Woo Pig Sooiee!!

Ross U (HDHF)

Well I think Heath has done a passable job of pulling us out of the shitter that we were in after Nolangate, but I agree that he's not going to get us to   where we expect to be.  It's even more apparent after watching how quickly Gillepsie turned A&M around (I think we were in a better situation post-Nolan than they were coming off an 0-16 conference season) that Heath is hitting the ceiling.  You won't see much more from him than we did last year, and it doesn't look like we'll hit that mark this year. 

I'm with you Bat and it hurts, because I myself have been going to games since before I even knew what was going on.  I grew up on a steady diet of hoop hogs but the diet is starting to make me sick.

hogfan064

Quote from: dubyacee on February 06, 2007, 01:25:37 pm

Look, I'm no Heath hugger, but he has increased his win total every year up until this one.  He has run a clean program with no drama and, to be honest, looks and conducts himself more like a SEC HC than the Nuttster does.  I'm sorry, but if I've got to chose to run one of the two off, Heath is staying. 

Heath has yet to win a postseason game, Division title, and has an awful record in the SEC.  1 NCAA appearance in 5 years doesn't cut it at a progam as tradition rich as Arkansas.

Heath is a very cleancut guy and does conduct himself nicely, but if you don't win it means nothing.  There are millions of nice guys out there.

rasorback4life

I have been thinking for a while that Heath will be sacrificed after the season to try and calm down the fanbase. 
Mediocrity Rules!!!

Ugly Uncle

I agree Dub.

Heath has handled himself with class and substance.  HdN has done neither.

Heath took over a program that was DEAD and had absolutely no talent.  HdN took over a team that was loaded to make a run.

HdN needed to have been fired years ago.  Heath, while not achieving what we had hoped, does have his most talented, yet young team, he has ever had.  HdN HAD one of the most talented teams...and blew it AGAIN.

If Heath is fired and HdN stays, I will contribute money to Nolan's leagal fund.  It will prove that he was right.
Retired Radio Host

sooie dog

Why do people insist on dragging Dale into the argument?  They both should be gone but you know Dale is going to be here.  Now is a golden opprtunity to get rid of Heath.  Unlike we did in football and let Dale slide  the last two years.   

maximus

like i said before i am sick of hearing bout the 94 championship year everytime we play someone, or walkin the halls of the bud walton and seein corliss up there with the sports illustrated covers.  it was a great year, don't get me wrong, but we need to get back, heath wont take us there.  i went to sports clips the other day, 95 championship stuff everywhere.  arkansas basketball is a tradition, not a fluke that we won one year.  then the old man gets this yankee that cant put a fire under nobody's arse!!!  how can you let a player yell at you during the game?  nolan would have slapped him to the floor.  just like on dts yesterday a caller said, heath just wants to be their friends.  he can be friends with my mom, i am sick of it.  when i watched the ky game i said when there was ten minutes left in the game, this is where we start messin up and we will lose, cause heath dont know how to keep the fire.  and the lead started slowly slippin, and heath dont do nothin.  five !@#$*&^% years!!!! cmon you could rebuild new orleans in that time, this is crazy.  we go to the tournament one!!!! time and get beat by garland county community college!! basically.  he needs to go, like yesterday.  
Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!

hogfan064

Quote from: sooie dog on February 06, 2007, 01:32:40 pm

Why do people insist on dragging Dale into the argument?  They both should be gone but you know Dale is going to be here.  Now is a golden opprtunity to get rid of Heath.  Unlike we did in football and let Dale slide  the last two years.  

There are 2 arguements Heath Hugger have to keep Stan. 

1. He's improved every year.  Well, its kind of hard not to improve considering how awful we were in his first 2 years.  Fact is year 1 for Heath wasn't an improvement from Nolan's last year.   Unless, Heath finishes SEC play 7-1 then this year will not be an improvement

2. Nutt isn't gone, so we have to keep Heath.  This is an overused arguement.  You don't keep an underachiever around just because another guy hasn't left yet.   Nutt isn't going to be fired after a 7-2 SEC record.  Whether you like him or not it won't happen.  So why should we let the basketball program continue to slip?  That's not fair to basketball fans, players, or alumni.

coach, my back hurts

I voted for apathy.  I really want Heath to succeed, i really do, but it isnt going to happen.  I think we have what it takes to get to round of 32 or maybe even the sweet 16, but i feel as long as he is here we will always be playing about 15-20 spots lower in the polls than we should be. 

Ex: I think we have top 20 talent this yr, but we are playing in the 30-35 range.  If Heath even happened to have #1 talent i think he would piss it away and we just be in the top 25.  And maybe only get to the sweet 16 instead of dominating teams and getting to the final 4. 

I honestly believe with the facilities and the fan base and a competitive market we should have guys like Gillespie and Donavan.  And we have absolutely no excuse to not have guys like that.

hogfan064

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on February 06, 2007, 01:39:40 pm
I voted for apathy.  I really want Heath to succeed, i really do, but it isnt going to happen.  I think we have what it takes to get to round of 32 or maybe even the sweet 16, but i feel as long as he is here we will always be playing about 15-20 spots lower in the polls than we should be. 

Ex: I think we have top 20 talent this yr, but we are playing in the 30-35 range.  If Heath even happened to have #1 talent i think he would piss it away and we just be in the top 25.  And maybe only get to the sweet 16 instead of dominating teams and getting to the final 4. 

I honestly believe with the facilities and the fan base and a competitive market we should have guys like Gillespie and Donavan.  And we have absolutely no excuse to not have guys like that.

I couldn't have said it better.  Heath is a classic underachiever.  He will never win a NC as a coach.  Isn't that what we want? 

Other than Kentucky no other SEC school comes close to us in tradition, fanbase, and facilities.  Why should we have to settle mediocre basketball?   In the past 5 years what is our SEC record?  Where do we rank in overall SEC record in those 5 years?  If I had to guess I bet we're somewhere around 9th right next to South Carolina.  Would Kansas accept this?  Did UNC? 

nuttyboy

A lady called a noon talk show a couple of weeks ago.  It was a Friday.  The Friday after the basketball team had just lost to the worst team in the SEC.  She stated how proud of the team she was and what a good job Heath was doing. Then went on to state how she believed Nutt and Broyles should be fired ASAP OK, basketball team 2-4 in SEC at that time.  Football team finished 7-1 in SEC. Whichever side you're on, seems to me it is evidence as to just how "warped" (for lack of a better term) things have become in Hogland.

hogsanity

Is there any hope of signing a PG for next year?  If not, then next year will be just like this one.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Toad Suck Pork

Anything less than 20+ wins and a win in the NCAA tournament is not improving.  It's treading water.  I'm tired of treading water.

jameshogfan

Quote from: batmanfan on February 06, 2007, 01:17:23 pm

BAT

Let me guess... .you also aren't going to go to any football games next year either.

What about baseball?? You go to those?? Is it just because they are ranked in the top ten or are you really a Hog fan??

Sanctified Swine

we have no seniors an dare loeaded with talentedjuniors. next year should be pretty dang good..bad timing for a change

hogfan064

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on February 06, 2007, 02:14:40 pm
we have no seniors an dare loeaded with talentedjuniors. next year should be pretty dang good..bad timing for a change

Are you kidding me?  So you're actually happy with 0 NCAA wins in 5 years?   Next year is all we hear from Heath Huggers. I'm tired of the excuses.  Heath's SEC record is a joke as is his road record.  This is not acceptable!  Next year we do return lots of talent.  Problem is that Heath will lose 4-5 games against less talented teams and continue to underachieve.  You could give him the 86 Celtics and he'd still find a way to lose at Oxford

IMAballHawg

February 06, 2007, 02:18:23 pm #21 Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 02:22:19 pm by IMAballHawg
Im not ready to throw Heath to the wolves yet.
1.  He lost something like 70% of last seasons scoring.  If you expected us to bounce back from that like nothing happened then you have very high (unrealistic) expectations IMO
2.  He has gone out and started recruiting some very good players.  I expect that to continue
3.  Not to be a "wait until next year" kinda guy, but wait until next year.  We will have many returning starters, we wont be losing 70% of our scoring. 

My expectation for this year is that we make the tournament.  Next year my expectation is that we advance past first round, or possibly even further.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

hogfan064

Quote from: IMAballHawg on February 06, 2007, 02:18:23 pm
Im not ready to throw Heath to the wolves yet.
1.  He lost something like 70% of last seasons scoring.  If you expected us to bounce back from that like nothing happened then you have very hith (unrealistic) expectations IMO
2.  He has gone out and started recruiting some very good players.  I expect that to continue
3.  Not to be a "wait until next year" kinda guy, but wait until next year.  We will have many returning starters, we wont be losing 70% of our scoring. 

My expectation for this year is that we make the tournament.  Next year my expectation is that we advance past first round, or possibly even further.

1. You have very low expectations for such a tradition rich program

2. Your expectations won't be met for this year.

3. In year 5 we shouldn't have to wait until next year.

The Truth

Yosemite Sam? That's funny. And true. And embarrassing.

I think this thread is odd. If you're really in "apathy" about hog hoops, why are you spending your time on a message board writing about it?
The Truth hurts.

Fayetnam

Good stats BallHawg! Numbers don't lie huh!

No, Heath is outta here. You could tell from the look on his face during his show on Sunday that he know's his days are numbered. The KY game was really the first one lately that the difference in coaching was evident. Tubby knew what to do and Heath did not have the answer. We need to get a GREAT BB coach in here, because from the looks of this years recruiting class, it's only a matter of 1 or 2 years before football will be back down and BB will rule again. That is, if you don't look at the Elkins Redneck's recruiting report which ranks our class much much higher than Rivals. Bottom line, this class SUCKS!

IMAballHawg

February 06, 2007, 02:29:57 pm #25 Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 02:32:23 pm by IMAballHawg
If he had walked into a program where the previous head coach had been promoted or retired I would agree with you.  But he didnt, he walked into one of the worst coaching change situations you can imagine.  Have you fogotten the, what?, 2 year lawsuit.  Allegations of racism, tanks on I-240, etc.   What recruit would want to go to a school currently being sued for racism?  In case you had not noticed Arkansas BB players are mostly black.
When Heath took over there was not a positive impression nationally among recruits about Arkansas, there was not even neutrality, it was all NEGATIVE.   Heath has gotten us back to Neutral, slightly positive. 

While a BB program can and should be turned around faster than FB, Heath walked into a situation unlike any other that I have ever heard of.  Closest thing might be how Knight left Indiana, and look at how they are doing.

Am I thrilled with Heath?   Nope.
Do I think he should be canned today based on how this program is progressing from where he took over?   Nope.
There is progress and it is positive. 
I personally am pleasently surprised at how well he has done in replacing all of that scoring and feel that when these players have more than a few months together (as a team) under their belt that we will see some very good results. 

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

IMAballHawg

Quote from: Fayetnam on February 06, 2007, 02:27:39 pm

No, Heath is outta here. You could tell from the look on his face during his show on Sunday that he know's his days are numbered. The KY game was really the first one lately that the difference in coaching was evident. Tubby knew what to do and Heath did not have the answer. We need to get a GREAT BB coach in here, because from the looks of this years recruiting class, it's only a matter of 1 or 2 years before football will be back down and BB will rule again. That is, if you don't look at the Elkins Redneck's recruiting report which ranks our class much much higher than Rivals. Bottom line, this class SUCKS!

I live in KY and most folks here want Tubby fired.  Well, about half of them do at least.
Would you take Tubby over Heath?

sooie dog

How long is it going to take you to realize that Heath does not utilize the talent he recruits?

hogfan064

Quote from: IMAballHawg on February 06, 2007, 02:29:57 pm
If he had walked into a program where the previous head coach had been promoted or retired I would agree with you.  But he didnt, he walked into one of the worst coaching change situations you can imagine.  Have you fogotten the, what?, 2 year lawsuit.  Allegations of racism, tanks on I-240, etc.   What recruit would want to go to a school currently being sued for racism?  In case you had not noticed Arkansas BB players are mostly black.
When Heath took over there was not a positive impression nationally among recruits about Arkansas, there was not even neutrality, it was all NEGATIVE.   Heath has gotten us back to Neutral, slightly positive. 

While a BB program can and should be turned around faster than FB, Heath walked into a situation unlike any other that I have ever heard of.  Closest thing might be how Knight left Indiana, and look at how they are doing.

Am I thrilled with Heath?   Nope.
Do I think he should be canned today based on how this program is progressing from where he took over?   Nope.
There is progress and it is positive. 
I personally am pleasently surprised at how well he has done in replacing all of that scoring and feel that when these players have more than a few months together (as a team) under their belt that we will see some very good results. 

How long do you give a guy to win 1 postseason game at a program that's tradition rich like Arkansas?  How long would UNC, Kansas, or UK put up with this?  Would they allow 6 years?

hogfan064

Quote from: IMAballHawg on February 06, 2007, 02:31:05 pm

I live in KY and most folks here want Tubby fired.  Well, about half of them do at least.

I'd take Jeff Lebo over Heath. 

ceegar

Heath will not be fired this year.  They will give him thru next year to really make it.  If he does not win a couple in the NCAAs next year he will probably be gone then. This is JMO.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

jameshogfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2007, 02:35:02 pm

I'd take Jeff Lebo over Heath. 

I think Doug Collins is on the market. Lubby can stay home.

IMAballHawg

Quote from: sooie dog on February 06, 2007, 02:31:42 pm

How long is it going to take you to realize that Heath does not utilize the talent he recruits?

how is he not utilizing Ervin?  Or are you talking about Hill?  McCurdy? 
Thomas?
How about give some examples and specifics or can you only make general statements?

Here I have one.  Coach Heath gets his players to perform well above their abilities. Thats a fact!
(we can argue circles around each other using that uninformed style citing nothing but generalities).

hogfan064

Quote from: IMAballHawg on February 06, 2007, 02:37:49 pm

Thomas?
How about give some examples and specifics or can you only make general statements?

Here I have one.  Coach Heath gets his players to perform well above their abilities. Thats a fact!
(we can argue circles around each other using that uninformed style citing nothing but generalities).

Heath doesn't get them to perform above their abilities if he did he wouldn't lose to less talented teams like South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Mizzou. 

jameshogfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2007, 02:39:08 pm

Thomas?

Heath doesn't get them to perform above their abilities if he did he wouldn't lose to less talented teams like South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Mizzou. 

I've gotta agree with HogFan..... sorry IMAballhog, but we have lost 14+ point leads to inferior teams.... if that is playing abover our ability, then we are in grave trouble in the future.

hogfan064

Quote from: jameshogfan on February 06, 2007, 02:41:24 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2007, 02:39:08 pm

Thomas?

I've gotta agree with HogFan..... sorry IMAballhog, but we have lost 14+ point leads to inferior teams.... if that is playing abover our ability, then we are in grave trouble in the future.

Oh I'm sorry I left out Georgia also.  I can deal with losing to Kentucky.  UK is a powerhouse and even in down years are still very tough, but to consistantly lose several games each year to teams we should beat isn't acceptable.  Even in Heath's 1st and 2nd year he was losing to teams like Troy and Western Carolina.  I don't care what happened with Nolan there is no way Western Carolina was more talented than Arkansas. 

TheHawgFan

This year I have become somewhat apathetic to both programs, I just don't live and die it, schedule my life around it anymore etc.

I am also hearing this from alot of friends and people that I come into contact with, in fact I have talked to alot of middle aged people(50 and up) who did this in the past and have never came back around.

There seems be a phenomenon when we have had times like this in the past when we have lost fans who were die hard, spend their money people who bought tickets and even traveled to games. Their explanation is, it was too emotional draining to deal with and they became casual fans instead.
!

MaconBacon

1981 Duke Head Coach 17-13 6-8 (0-1) NIT   Banks (18.5)
1982 Duke Head Coach 10-17 4-10 (0-1)     Taylor (20.3)
1983 Duke Head Coach 11-17 3-11 (0-1)     Dawkins (18.1)
1984 Duke Head Coach 24-10 7-7 (2-1) NCAA 14 Dawkins (19.4)
1985 Duke Head Coach 23-8 8-6 (1-1) NCAA 10 Dawkins (18.8)
1986 Duke Head Coach 37-3 12-2 (3-0) Runner-up 1 Dawkins (20.2)

You know, I want Heath to do well just like most of the peeps here. I am dissapointed, but Im not ready to pull the plug yet.  Some guys will never be happy until we go undefeated even then someone would find something to complain about.  Would you guys be happy if these (above) were Stans stats? 

TRUHOG718

February 06, 2007, 03:30:21 pm #38 Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 03:38:40 pm by TRUHOG718
Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2007, 01:21:27 pm

I'll always support the Hogs, but I've said from Day 1 Heath would never work out as a coach for the Hogs.  THe man was hired only because he was young and black.  A school with as much tradition, great facilities, and great fanbase as we have should have more than a bottom level SEC coach.

In 2007 you would expect more than a racist comment like that. If that was the case Lil Bow Wow should be our coach. I dont know you personally hogfan064 but I'm shocked you would post someting like that and it not be sent to the trash can. While you were summing up your reasons he was hired you must have forgatten the Man was fresh off the Elite eight appearance and was the hottest young coach (not young black coach) on the market at the time.  But I guess you think JFB just said oh find me someone ONLY young and black so I can get this team a coach. While I cannot defend Heath's production while at the U of A I cannot sit and let things like that be said about the MAN. African Americans have come too far for this to still be an acceptable quote of why a MAN gets a job.  sad just sad.  I will not respond to any posts responding to this one because there is no more to say. WPS
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Flatline

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 06, 2007, 01:32:25 pm

I agree Dub.

Heath has handled himself with class and substance.  HdN has done neither.

Heath took over a program that was DEAD and had absolutely no talent.  HdN took over a team that was loaded to make a run.

HdN needed to have been fired years ago.  Heath, while not achieving what we had hoped, does have his most talented, yet young team, he has ever had.  HdN HAD one of the most talented teams...and blew it AGAIN.

If Heath is fired and HdN stays, I will contribute money to Nolan's leagal fund.  It will prove that he was right.

You hit that on the head.  You fire two black coaches while a white coach has done no better or worse during the same time period.  You talk about looking bad.

sooie dog

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on February 06, 2007, 03:30:21 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2007, 01:21:27 pm

In 2007 you would expect more than a racist comment like that. If that was the case Lil Bow Wow should be our coach. I dont know you personally hogfan064 but I'm shocked you would post someting like that and it not be sent to the trash can. While you were summing up your reasons he was hired you must have forgatten the Man was fresh off the Elite eight appearance and was the hottest young coach (not young black coach) on the market at the time.  But I guess you think JFB just said oh find me someone ONLY young and black so I can get this team a coach. While I cannot defend Heath's production while at the U of A I cannot sit and let things like that be said about the MAN. African Americans have come too far for this to still be an acceptable quote of why a MAN gets a job.  sad just sad.  I will not respond to any posts responding to this one because there is no more to say. WPS

It's the truth.  I don't think he was being racist at all.  I'm sure you know the situation as well as anyone.

hogsailor

Last saturday I sure as hell would have!

He made Heath look like a HS coach.

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

TRUHOG718

Quote from: hogsailor on February 06, 2007, 03:50:21 pm

Yes I watched Gonzaga play last night and I was amazed at their ball movement and fluidity of their motion offense. And we have better players and athletes. Pargo runs all over the place but is under control at the same time. Heath and Ervin could learn a thing or two.

razorpimp

February 06, 2007, 03:56:40 pm #43 Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 03:58:25 pm by razorpimp
Quote from: TRUHOG718 on February 06, 2007, 03:53:44 pm

Yes I watched Gonzaga play last night and I was amazed at their ball movement and fluidity of their motion offense. And we have better players and athletes. Pargo runs all over the place but is under control at the same time. Heath and Ervin could learn a thing or two.

Didn't Gonzaga lose last night to a 10-14 Loyola Marymount team?

PulledPork

I swear to the Almight God, if Stan is fired before Hooten, I will personally call Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al to march on Fedvulle!

By the way, where is Sanity's thread supporting Stan.....ala Hooten Nanny?

Pulled out...

TRUHOG718

Quote from: razorpimp on February 06, 2007, 03:56:40 pm
Quote from: TRUHOG718 on February 06, 2007, 03:53:44 pm

Didn't Gonzaga lose last night to a 10-14 Loyola Marymount team?

I dont know i didnt see the end. They are having a down year but If we could run our offense with speed of the Zags without turning it over we would be a force. My point was just about their motion looks way more fluid than ours without all the talent.

Hogvious

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2007, 01:38:21 pm
2. Nutt isn't gone, so we have to keep Heath.  This is an overused arguement.  You don't keep an underachiever around just because another guy hasn't left yet.   Nutt isn't going to be fired after a 7-2 SEC record.  Whether you like him or not it won't happen.  So why should we let the basketball program continue to slip?  That's not fair to basketball fans, players, or alumni.

I voted for apathy because I was not upset at all after losing to UK.  I should have been.

That said, you have to keep this in context.  The basketball program is not perceived to be slipping by anyone other than Arkansas Razorback fans.  Fire Stan Heath and keep Dork, you WILL see tanks rolling down Stadium Drive a la Nolan's prediction.  I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.  Perception is reality, and you are kidding yourself if you think it would not be seen by the masses as racism if Houston was given a 2 year pass and Heath is let go after showing steady (albeit too slow) improvement since he got here.
  Nolan was right.

jagoodwin1953