Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is this basketball team missing?

Started by snag, February 03, 2007, 05:34:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Stokes

I think Steven Hill has heart when he's not gasping for air.  He'll jump after balls on the ground and force steals which you rarely see from a big guy.  The lack of Thomas got him tired yesterday, he just needs to be better conditioned and he will be a first round pick.  Also your point about Weems and Ervin are right, they aren't used to playing with each other.  But we will be better next year!!! (pun and no pun intended)

Junkyard Hog

Tone

Quote from: ICEman on February 04, 2007, 09:36:56 am
The team needs to adopt the fan's personality.

I hope not.  Sitting on the sidelines, just watching the game and bitching about the players, refs and coach. (I include myself)  Fan's personalities even for ex-players are a far cry from what a player's should be. 

Silver Hog

Quote from: snag on February 03, 2007, 05:43:15 pm
Quote from: swisshog on February 03, 2007, 05:39:27 pm
missing 3 pointers, missing free throws, missing rebounds, missing the NCAAT.

Our 3 point percentage and free throw percentage were better than Kentucky's today. Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure that both of these percentages are better this year than any year in the Heath era. Rebounds were basically a tie today. Our rebounding is improving - no longer a weakness. So I think you just listed the team's three strengths.
Missing 2 points shots? 

Missing enough to lose games.  Strengths or not, they are not making enough.

colbs

Biggus Piggus

All of Heath's teams should be playing for Emerald City. No heart, no brains, no courage, no way home, and the man behind the curtain is a lying old charlatan.
[CENSORED]!

Buck Ocean

Think like a Jedi

idochog

Same thing the football team is missing:

A REAL COACH
I love Jesus!

pigture perfect

Quote from: jamie72921 on February 03, 2007, 05:38:45 pm
This team is not missing a player. It is missing an identity. It really is that simple.

When asked by reporters how he was going to play any particular opponent, he had only one,
invariably tranquil, answer: "The same way we play all of our opponents. We never change our
style to match the competition. We only play our own game."- John Wooden.

What style do we play? Whatever style the other team does.

Charles Thomas has twice been quoted this season as saying the team would get better as the season went on because we would have more film on our opponents and be prepared for what they want to do.

I would rather take the Wooden approach.
Jamie is right on with this one. IMO
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HDale

I will always hate the Dork

wishyjoshy

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 04, 2007, 02:53:34 pm
All of Heath's teams should be playing for Emerald City. No heart, no brains, no courage, no way home, and the man behind the curtain is a lying old charlatan.

Nicely done.

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 04, 2007, 03:18:10 pm
Quote from: jamie72921 on February 03, 2007, 05:38:45 pm
This team is not missing a player. It is missing an identity. It really is that simple.

When asked by reporters how he was going to play any particular opponent, he had only one,
invariably tranquil, answer: "The same way we play all of our opponents. We never change our
style to match the competition. We only play our own game."- John Wooden.

What style do we play? Whatever style the other team does.

Charles Thomas has twice been quoted this season as saying the team would get better as the season went on because we would have more film on our opponents and be prepared for what they want to do.

I would rather take the Wooden approach.
Jamie is right on with this one. IMO

Good post, Jamie.  I agree.

There are two types of teams: 1) teams that dictate the style of play and 2) teams that are reactionary.  I have never seen a reactionary team win ANYTHING, let alone an NCAA Championship. 

It's time that this University draws a line in the sand and tells the world what it stands for.  This University is about excellence and integrity.  It will not stand for leaders who show no sense of direction for the programs on the court, on the field, in the classrooms, in the homes of recruits, in the meetings between the PTB, and in the media.  If those respective leaders can't get their shiite together, let them be gone.

Oh if this business was ran by someone who saw a future beyond his own life.