Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heath better LOSE his job

Started by batmanfan, February 03, 2007, 02:15:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

Another embarrassment guys.  This guy and Tommy Amaker are made of the same mold(U of Michigans coach).  Nice guys but they can't coach for s***. 

What a damn disgrace that was.  Tubby, for the 3rd straight year owned Heath and made him eat his own s***.  Frick you Heath go back to the North you loser.  You damn loser.

The whirlwind continue.  If they continue to lose hopefully we drop this guy, if not...frick it all.

Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

CDubyaP

My worst nightmare is with Stan struggling and ole' Brady down in Baton Rouge is that we end up firing Stan and LSU cans Brady and we end up hiring him.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

SultanofSwine

silvertip

Batman don't know BB. It's a long way to go this season. Can you remember last season, batman?

trufanofhogs

Sadly, with all the events lately, I simply don't care anymore.

HeathWimp

Darth Frank can't afford to fire Heath because of the Nolan lawsuit...
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

elksnort

Who cares what Nolan thinks. The BOT needs to get a freakin sack and slide JFB out of the damn door, if he will not get rid of Stan.

The real Hogules

February 03, 2007, 02:29:17 pm #7 Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 02:31:40 pm by The real Hogules
While I'm not 100% sold on Stan Heath, if they fire Heath and allow Nutt to stay I'll personally steal Nolan's tank and drive it up the steps of the Broyles Complex myself!!! >:(

Let's get rid of the much bigger tumor before we start worrying about a coach that started with NOTHING and has slowly, but steadily built his program into a halfway decent ball team.
Today's loss hurt, but it didn't help our chances when one of our leading scorers (Charles Thomas) was sidelined for the entire game, due to an injury.
Stephen Hill is FINALLY proving that he can be a force in the games as well as in practice and that shows the ability to develop big men (which was a constant ***** for fans who didn't much care for Nolan).
Is our program where I would like it to be?
Well of course not, but you have to understand that if you're only going to pay for an up and come-er to coach at your program you are going to have to expect/accept a learning curve for the "newby"
Now, if you can get JFB or whomever is in charge of that Flustercluck to pay BIG bucks for a proven winner, then by ALL means fire Stan Heath TODAY!
Otherwise, we'd just be starting over with another unproven commodity and Stan Heath has some awesome recruits lined up in the next couple of recruiting classes.
So unless it's a slam dunk hire, DON'T ROCK THE BOAT.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

JustoHogFan

Quote from: elksnort on February 03, 2007, 02:26:10 pm
Who cares what Nolan thinks. The BOT needs to get a freakin sack and slide JFB out of the damn door, if he will not get rid of Stan.

I agree we have a sweet sixteen talent team and Heath cant even go .500 in the crap west????

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

BentonvilleJeff

Quote from: hogapalooza on February 03, 2007, 02:22:15 pm
Nope, we can't get rid of Stan and keep HDN?   That would make Nolan look like he was right.  HDN gets preferential treatment.  JFB can't afford that.
No way do I agree with that. We are 3-5 in conf play. That is a huge difference in finishing 7-1 in the SEC in football which is tougher than the bball league this year. Not even a close comparison. If Stan went 10-6 and won the west and got fired then that would be true, but no way in the world does the comparison between football and bball come close. We are under performing big time in basketball this year. There is talent on this team and we should be an automatic big dance team. Instead we are fighting like crazy to finish .500 in conference play.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on February 03, 2007, 02:31:04 pm
Nope, we can't get rid of Stan and keep HDN?   That would make Nolan look like he was right.  HDN gets preferential treatment.  JFB can't afford that.
No way do I agree with that. We are 3-5 in conf play. That is a huge difference in finishing 7-1 in the SEC in football which is tougher than the bball league this year. Not even a close comparison. If Stan went 10-6 and won the west and got fired then that would be true, but no way in the world does the comparison between football and bball come close. We are under performing big time in basketball this year. There is talent on this team and we should be an automatic big dance team. Instead we are fighting like crazy to finish .500 in conference play.

If they fire Stan and not HDN, be on the lookout for the Rev Sharpton and Jackson to visit Fayetteville.  JFB is smart enough to know this and will not fire Stan this yr.

Ahenso

Stan wont be fired. We can't pay 3 basketball coaches at the same time. This is the most roller coaster team in D1 basketball. I hate this. Everyone please turn on the tv and watch Dave Van Horn and the boys play some baseball at 3.

HogFaninGA

palooza if JFB fires Stan do you personally think its a racial thing?

razornole

Stan is like Dorko, can't fire, well you could but The White Haired Devil won't.  No way Stan gets it b4 the Dork.
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

The real Hogules

Nope, we can't get rid of Stan and keep HDN?   That would make Nolan look like he was right.  HDN gets preferential treatment.  JFB can't afford that.

Get a grip dude, ALL of our outside players are new to each other and are going to take at least half the season to get to know each others games.
They are going to look all world at times and at other times they are going to resemble a Chinese fire drill.
I like our mix of bigs and shooters and scorers, provided they can mesh their games I see NO reason they can't make a serious run at the NCAAT.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

elksnort

The dork won the SEC west and his team performed very well for the most part. Sure, the Hogs would probably be better off without Nutt, but he has done more than Stan has.

BentonvilleJeff

Quote from: hogapalooza on February 03, 2007, 02:33:35 pm
Nope, we can't get rid of Stan and keep HDN?   That would make Nolan look like he was right.  HDN gets preferential treatment.  JFB can't afford that.
Jeff,  what was our 2 years of football like during the Nolan trial in which Nolan said HDN got special treatment over the other coaches?  HDN had Losing records! 

OK, now do you understand why Stan will have another year?
I miss Nolan but he asked to be fired on national tv. Houston has never done that. I don't care what color you are if you tell your boss to fire you then you probably get canned. I think people forget that. It's not like Nolan just all of a sudden got fired.

Do you not get that?

stratpkr

Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on February 03, 2007, 02:41:26 pm
Quote from: hogapalooza on February 03, 2007, 02:33:35 pm
Jeff,  what was our 2 years of football like during the Nolan trial in which Nolan said HDN got special treatment over the other coaches?  HDN had Losing records! 

OK, now do you understand why Stan will have another year?
I miss Nolan but he asked to be fired on national tv. Houston has never done that. I don't care what color you are if you tell your boss to fire you then you probably get canned. I think people forget that. It's not like Nolan just all of a sudden got fired.

Do you not get that?

Thats the gospel truth right there. Mercy some folks will never get it.

phoggy

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 03, 2007, 02:29:17 pm
While I'm not 100% sold on Stan Heath, if they fire Heath and allow Nutt to stay I'll personally steal Nolan's tank and drive it up the steps of the Broyles Complex myself!!! >:(

Let's get rid of the much bigger tumor before we start worrying about a coach that started with NOTHING and has slowly, but steadily built his program into a halfway decent ball team.
Today's loss hurt, but it didn't help our chances when one of our leading scorers (Charles Thomas) was sidelined for the entire game, due to an injury.
Stephen Hill is FINALLY proving that he can be a force in the games as well as in practice and that shows the ability to develop big men (which was a constant ***** for fans who didn't much care for Nolan).
Well of course not, but you have to understand that if you're only going to pay for an up and come-er to coach at your program you are going to have to expect/accept a learning curve for the "newby"
Now, if you can get JFB or whomever is in charge of that Flustercluck to pay BIG bucks for a proven winner, then by ALL means fire Stan Heath TODAY!
Otherwise, we'd just be starting over with another unproven commodity and Stan Heath has some awesome recruits lined up in the next couple of recruiting classes.

+1
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

Typical statement that just isn't true. We WON THE NOLAN LAWSUIT. We've never been determined to be a racially discrimantory employer. We can fire Heath without fear of legal retribution.

Quote from: HeathWimp on February 03, 2007, 02:24:40 pm
Darth Frank can't afford to fire Heath because of the Nolan lawsuit...
Wrong.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 03, 2007, 02:29:17 pm

Funny, but isn't this position 180 opposite of your views on Nutt?

Quote from: HogFaninGA on February 03, 2007, 02:32:48 pm

If they fire Stan and not HDN, be on the lookout for the Rev Sharpton and Jackson to visit Fayetteville.  JFB is smart enough to know this and will not fire Stan this yr.
You, on the other hand, are not smart enough to know what you are talking about.

Houston h

The hogs will get into the field of 64 by the skin of their teeth once again, an 8 or 9 seed and probably lose in the first round.  Next year will be it for Heath and his underachievers, if they can't do it as seniors, he will be gone.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: Karma on February 03, 2007, 03:17:53 pm

You, on the other hand, are not smart enough to know what you are talking about.

LOL ok

razorquack

Nolan said if they didn't like the job he was doing, Frank could get him his money.  He was heard telling Tubby this the last time they played.  Nutt has enough sense to keep his mouth shut, and I think that's what bugging this board the most.

Quote from: HogFaninGA on February 03, 2007, 03:19:43 pm

LOL ok
My comment was smart aleck and I take it back and apoligize. No place for what I said on this board.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: Karma on February 03, 2007, 03:26:34 pm

LOL ok
My comment was smart aleck and I take it back and apoligize. No place for what I said on this board.

no problem

WoooPigSooie

Stan will not get fired after this season.  How can his boss say publically that we are 7th or 8th in the SEC, then when we finish there fire him?

I'm not the kind to take up a protest, but if it happens, and HN is still here, I will camp out in front of the BC and I don't think I'll be the only one.
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

phoggy

Quote from: Karma on February 03, 2007, 03:26:34 pm

LOL ok

<----stands and applauds for some integrity
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

mykidsdad

As long as HDN and JFB go first, then I agree.

HDale

This is true!
I will always hate the Dork

HDale

Quote from: WoooPigSooie on February 03, 2007, 03:27:50 pm
Stan will not get fired after this season.  How can his boss say publically that we are 7th or 8th in the SEC, then when we finish there fire him?

I'm not the kind to take up a protest, but if it happens, and HN is still here, I will camp out in front of the BC and I don't think I'll be the only one.
Yes!
We have achieved our potential.
I will always hate the Dork

TOM "tbw1"

Those who believe that Stan Heath or HDN will be fired someday also believe

1.  in the tooth fairy

2.  in the Easter Bunny

3.  that professional wrestling is real

4.  that Arkansas athletics are not mediocre.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

softballguy8

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on February 03, 2007, 02:30:40 pm
Did Stan do a bad job??

Yes ... UK started double teaming Hill in the post with about 12 minutes left in the 2nd half. If Heath was smart (and most people would agree that he's not), he would have put Beverly on the same side of the court and instructed Hill to draw the double team, then kick the ball back out to Beverly (who was having a career day).

If there is a double team on the court - somebody will be open. Most likely it's close to the ball ... but if not, then the offense will have the opportunity to swing the ball around the court and find the open man.

Instead, this happens and Stan is caught on TV looking like a deer in head lights.
Coach Petrino ... Welcome to Arkansas!

PulledPork

Quote from: batmanfan on February 03, 2007, 02:15:22 pm
Another embarrassment guys.  This guy and Tommy Amaker are made of the same mold(U of Michigans coach).  Nice guys but they can't coach for s***. 

What a damn disgrace that was.  Tubby, for the 3rd straight year owned Heath and made him eat his own s***.  Frick you Heath go back to the North you loser.  You damn loser.

The whirlwind continue.  If they continue to lose hopefully we drop this guy, if not...frick it all.

and get ready for a protest led by none other than Jesse and Rev. Al

Pulled out...

elkhog

Yep, got to get rid of Nutt first!
GO HOGS!!!

elkhog

Quote from: PulledPork on February 03, 2007, 07:30:01 pm
Quote from: batmanfan on February 03, 2007, 02:15:22 pm

and get ready for a protest led by none other than Jesse and Rev. Al

Pulled out...

I would actually enjoy that in this instance.
GO HOGS!!!

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: elkhog on February 03, 2007, 07:33:18 pm

Yep, got to get rid of Nutt first!

Why?  Why do we have to get rid of Nutt before Heath?  I don't follow that line of thinking at all.

While we haven't won the SEC under Nutt we have won the SEC-West three times, representing the west in the SEC Championship game twice.  Not great, but not bad.

Under Heath what do we have, one NCAA tourney game?  One SEC tourney win? 

Which is worse?  To me Heath by far. 
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

PigDaddyKane

However, Nutt has done more.  Granted he came in with a lot more to work with.

I'm not sold on Nutt.  He has to win the SEC next year or he is gone.  But by now the BBall program should be to a point were we are determining our seed, not whether or not we make the tourney.

hogfan47

Fire Frank and Stan hire Nolan
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

PigDaddyKane

We've beaten real teams. 

Texas - twice
Bama
Auburn
LSU (been a while)
Tenn

We've won, just not consistently enough.  We can't make that same statement under Heath

Cajun Hog

Let them come as I've said many, many times Stan "I'm not the man for the job" Heath.............................................................................................   :puke:

HogFaninGA

Quote from: hogapalooza on February 03, 2007, 04:27:48 pm
Quote from: HogFaninGA on February 03, 2007, 02:35:36 pm
palooza if JFB fires Stan do you personally think its a racial thing?
Sorry, had to leave for a min.  That is something we could probably Never Prove.  But for what it is worth,

I think JFB is like most people, he has tendency's to do more for some1 he likes rather then do something for some1 that he has no feelings for or dislikes.  I think JFB sees Stan as a Business decision only.  Where as HDN is a Friend then he is a business decision. 

JFB prejudice?  No, no more then the average person, maybe less? 

JFB as a part of the Good Ole Boy Network?  Yes, maybe not to the extent that the network reached up to the 60's and 70's.  But yes, I think that plays into his decision making. 

Is that any differant then most of us?  No, probably not. 

Did I answer your question?  Not directly I am sure.  But there is only a few ( less than the fingers on 1 hand )  that could answer that about JFB. 

P.S.

If Stan is let go, and JFB is tide to it, then it will be hard to get some people to think ( especially other SEC coaches ) and say that race was not an issue.  All brought out by the Nolan Trial. 

Therefore Stan is safe for 1 more year. JFB retires, the New AD gets rid of HDN and Stan for a multitude of reason on each coaches part.

Thanks for the response.  I pretty much agree with you.  Like I like to say perception is reality to most people and a lot of people will look at this as a racial thing.  Right or wrong that is how many will perceive it.

The reason I asked you individually is b/c I respect your opinions and a few days a go there was a thread about this and it seemed to me you were discounting that as a possibility or discounting it as a perception to some people.  I was wrong I guess.  Thanks again.

B Ray

Quote from: elksnort on February 03, 2007, 02:26:10 pm
I agree, but you can't do that with the way HDN has been treated, you can't fire Stan until Nutt is gone,

JohnRedkorn

OMFG. Some of you Hog "fans" are unfreakinbelievable. Fire Heath. Sheesh!

TXrazorback

And that is exactly why we should clean house.
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

PIGINAPOKE

Stan has no control of the team...Period...........It is a day at the beach with unknown friends who play bb here..What a mess...........
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?