Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Predict the Basketball Hog's SEC record!

Started by LA HAWG, January 04, 2007, 11:21:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Where will they end up?

16-0
3 (1.5%)
15-1
0 (0%)
14-2
0 (0%)
13-3
1 (0.5%)
12-4
11 (5.3%)
11-5
11 (5.3%)
10-6
21 (10.2%)
9-7
39 (18.9%)
8-8
32 (15.5%)
7-9
41 (19.9%)
6-10
30 (14.6%)
5-11
9 (4.4%)
4-12
5 (2.4%)
3-13
1 (0.5%)
2-14
0 (0%)
1-15
1 (0.5%)
0-16
1 (0.5%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Voting closed: January 18, 2007, 11:21:22 am

Richard_white

razorback903

John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

fourthcrusade

worthy of a bump, right before the season begins tomorrow...

Adam Stokes

L Alabama
L at Florida
W at Ole Miss
W Georgia
W LSU
L at South Carolina
L at Alabama
L Kentucky
W Auburn
L at LSU
W at Miss St
W Ole Miss
W at Auburn
L Tennessee
W Miss St
W at Vanderbilt

9-7, should be good enough for us to get into the tourny.  It's likely we will lose another game to a crappy team, but there is also a good chance we could win at least one game out of the Bama, Florida, Tennesse, Kentucky games.  Averages around 9-7.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 04, 2007, 04:17:03 pm
what goomba voted 1-15?

make yourself known, and who would we beat???

There's also two goombas who voted 16-0, I think they're more crazy :)

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 04, 2007, 03:17:35 pm
:)   for the reference but when I remember it makes me want to  :puke:

Gah I'm so ready to beat those punks.  If we never lose to them again, it would be too soon.

fourthcrusade

Quote from: HopelesslyDevotedHogFan on January 05, 2007, 09:19:12 pm
Gah I'm so ready to beat those punks.  If we never lose to them again, it would be too soon.

i followed that LSU game from my cell phone's internet updates during a night class.

it said we were down by 2 points with about 10 seconds left, then all of a sudden, it said we were up by 1 point with 00:00 seconds left.  i mini-cheered in class, then we were let out... i ran back to my apt to celebrate, but on the way, i checked my phone again... the score had been changed from arkansas winning by 1 to arkasnas TIED with 5:00 left in OT. 

i SWORE it was a misprint, and i got home just in time to see use "lose"....   that still ticks me off in so many ways.. you CAN'T review a traveling charge-- yet that was the claim, so stupid, all those rules, then the whole 'who gets the ball' crap... it was like that 1972 olympics game when the soviets got 4 chances to beat the USA, it was unreal how many chances the LSwho got.

i can't stand them.

chiefsfan

Quote from: hawgabilly on January 04, 2007, 01:49:29 pm
L Alabama
L at Florida
L at Ole Miss
W Georgia
W LSU
W at South Carolina
L at Alabama
L Kentucky
W Auburn
L at LSU
L at Miss St
W Ole Miss
L at Auburn
W Tennessee
W Miss St
W at Vanderbilt

9-7 and will have to win 2 SEC conference tourney games to go to the BIG Dance

you only listed 8 wins
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hawgballz

Quote from: dubyacee on January 04, 2007, 11:44:01 am
L Alabama
L at Florida
L at Ole Miss (remember Heath's SEC road record)
W Georgia
L LSU (we always upset someone at home, but it won't be LSU)
L at South Carolina
L at Alabama
L Kentucky (it's Kentucky people)
W Auburn
L at LSU
L at Miss St
W Ole Miss
L at Auburn
L Tennessee
W Miss St
L at Vanderbilt

You are joking right.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

fourthcrusade

Quote from: HawgBall06 on January 05, 2007, 10:34:29 pm
You are joking right.

unfortunately, he's not... in various threads this guy apparently thinks that every other team, even auburn-georgia-olemiss-vandy-south carolina, are stocked with NBA first rounders and also thinks that ONLY arkansas has trouble winning on the road, and that bud walton offers us zero advantage.

considering we were about ten free throws away from being UNDEFEATED in the SEC last year (yes, 16-0), and have added weems, bev, and ervin had 0 - zero - tos against tulsa, i'd say we will get double digit wins for sure

every keeps saying "OMG WE WILL GO 6-10, 7-9"

really?  maybe it sounds nice but people don't factor in LOOKING at ACTUAL games.

**MINIMUM**
Auburn (X2)
Ole Miss (X2)
MSU (i say X2, surely at home, X1)
Bama-LSU (surely ONE of these at the bud we get, X1)

ok. so that above me is 6-10... AND we are only talking the SEC west.  AND this assumes we don't pull any road wins other than aubie or ole miss.  AND we haven't even talked about the east!!

do these goombas really think we lose HOME game to GEORGIA?
we lose BOTH HOME to a small tennessee whose slaps are called as 'fouls' on the road, not 'steals'?
AND lose HOME to a weaker Kentucky who we built an 18 pt lead last year @ rupp?  with dontell as PG???
do they think we lose BOTH road games, @ vandy, and @ south carolina???
now florida i can see, even though we COULD win, i say we match up better for an upest with bama not flroida.

so this is the "6-10" mindset.

win 6 games total, go 4-4 at home, and go 2-6 on the road.  6-10 from the biggest team in the sec, that is the best FT% and gets to the FT line more than anyone else.

i repeat, do the 4-12ers even PRETEND to watch these other teams?  no one in the league is undefeated, you know.  EVERY team has had a 'texas tech' game, where they play like absolute crap. 

incredible!

fourthcrusade

time for another gameday bump, considering the question will be moot in about 5 hours for tipoff

BloodRedHog

Quote from: wild southern ridgeback on January 04, 2007, 12:51:20 pm
L Alabama
L at Florida
W at Ole Miss
W Georgia
L LSU
L at South Carolina
L at Alabama
W Kentucky
W Auburn
L at LSU
L at Miss St
W Ole Miss
L at Auburn
L Tennessee
W Miss St
L at Vanderbilt

I believe Heath will accidentally pull off a win at home against either Kentucky or Tennessee, but not both.

6-10

Wild, you are depressing me...all the more reason we should have taken a chance on Mike Anderson....
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

hog caller

it's just that i know what it takes to win basketball games in the SEC and the hogs are lacking in a few critical errorsw . the smoke screen ids up and the coach is happy with what he sees . this is a formula for disaster. they haven't shown they can perform against any type of pressure. i feel they have got better thus far but have a hard way to go to get to the level they need to be. i think they loose to bama and fla and hold on to your hat for the rest of them.

fourthcrusade

artyhog

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 04, 2007, 01:11:21 pm
I said 7-9 and no NCAA in another thread but ArtyHog thought I was crazy.

We will see.

I still think so.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 04, 2007, 04:17:03 pm
what goomba voted 1-15?

make yourself known, and who would we beat???

Someone trying to be a A-hole
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BryantHog06

16-0 if they play the way they are playing against bama...realistically 9-7 or 10-6

WILL CLINTON

Like I said earlier, we always upset someone at home, today was it. 

I'll admit that the hogs played better today than I or ANYONE else thought they were even capable of.  If anyone says that they thought Arkansas would beat Bama by 30, you are as dumb as I look for predicting 5-11. 

By the way, I still predict a losing SEC record for the Hogs.  Today was a great game, but every dog has his day. 

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 05, 2007, 10:53:19 pm
You are joking right.

unfortunately, he's not... in various threads this guy apparently thinks that every other team, even auburn-georgia-olemiss-vandy-south carolina, are stocked with NBA first rounders and also thinks that ONLY arkansas has trouble winning on the road, and that bud walton offers us zero advantage.

Believe me, you don't need NBA first rounders to beat Heath and the hogs.  They teach zone in Jr. High School. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Razorback88

Quote from: dubyacee on January 06, 2007, 03:02:46 pm
Like I said earlier, we always upset someone at home, today was it. 

I'll admit that the hogs played better today than I or ANYONE else thought they were even capable of.  If anyone says that they thought Arkansas would beat Bama by 30, you are as dumb as I look for predicting 5-11. 

By the way, I still predict a losing SEC record for the Hogs.  Today was a great game, but every dog has his day. 

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 05, 2007, 10:53:19 pm
You are joking right.

Believe me, you don't need NBA first rounders to beat Heath and the hogs.  They teach zone in Jr. High School. 

Why do you 'admit' the Hogs played good?  Can't you just enjoy it?

Razorback88

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on January 06, 2007, 12:29:43 pm
7-9.

No dance for Heath.
No improvement.
No argument left to keep him by you Heathlovers.

I think it's time to turn Stan sideways...

LA HAWG

LA HAWG

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on January 04, 2007, 12:34:41 pm
Whoever voted for 16-0 is a homer in the TRUEST sense of the word.  I figure we will be 7-9 or 8-8, but hopefully 9-7 or 10-6 (very doubtful on the last two). 
I voted for 8-8.  I think we will finish at least 8-8 and I am thinking 9-7.  Don't give up on our Hogs just yet.  GO HOGS!  BEAT MSU! :razorback: WPS! :razorback:

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on January 04, 2007, 12:34:41 pm
Whoever voted for 16-0 is a homer in the TRUEST sense of the word.  I figure we will be 7-9 or 8-8, but hopefully 9-7 or 10-6 (very doubtful on the last two). 
Just thought I would bring this poll back to front page now that the season is over.  The record that had the highest votes was actually 7-9 with 41 votes.  The next closest was 9-7 with 39 votes.  I voted for 8-8.  Too bad we didn't finish at least 8-8 or we would have finished 1st in the SECW and more that likely would have been a lock for the NCAAT.  Now we pretty much have to win the SECT to get in.  GO HOGS!

Mr. Prozac

Had some pretty good predictions in there (and some dogs as well).

cmakrzrbak

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on January 06, 2007, 12:29:43 pm
7-9.

No dance for Heath.
No improvement.
No argument left to keep him by you Heathlovers.

Sucks to be right sometimes.

We saw very little improvement this year.  Hill was really the only somewhat surprise.  Washington, Welsh, Weems, and Beverly appear to be a pretty strong class though.  We'll see what happens from here on, but the most predictable thing about this years team was that they were entirely unpredictable.

"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

BassinHawg

I said 7-9 in several threads, I don't think I gave any specifics though.

Wish that I would have been wrong and we could have done better!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

NuttinItUp

Well, the highest number of guesses for any single record were correct guesses.

Good job on the predictions (overall) hogville!