Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rotnie Clarke Link to Update, Not sounding good for...

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, September 26, 2007, 10:20:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hollywood_HOGan45

HawgAdvocate

Dude...you can't do that to me!!  ;D :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

One of my best friends from college is a huge Kentucky fan. After all the crap I've been getting since the Gillespie hire, this is one email I'll be glad to pass along.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

kibster

Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

kibster

Also on the board they are talking like they are going to get Fortson, when they were hoping for Fortson AND Clarke.  It is sounding like we may be getting both.    I would love it, just because KY fans are wanting them.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Hollywood_HOGan45

a class of:

Terrance Henry
White
Simpson
Ramsy
Fortson
and then throw in Clarke

that would be a dream class. Cant go wrong with either Clarke or Fortson. Im biased though. Since im from Tulsa, I'd rather have Clarke than any of them.
Ive been seeing that people are not sure if Joyner will make his grades.

Hogginitall

What kind of chance do some of the "experts" give the hogs for any of these players?  Clarke, Fortson, Ramsey, Simpson, White, Henry, etc.  (Woo_Pig_Stewie, TomHog) ???  Which ones do you think we have the best shot at getting?  Who do you think will commit next, etc?

Hogstocking

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 26, 2007, 10:53:59 am
a class of:

Terrance Henry
White
Simpson
Ramsy
Fortson
and then throw in Clarke

that would be a dream class. Cant go wrong with either Clarke or Fortson. Im biased though. Since im from Tulsa, I'd rather have Clarke than any of them.

If Pel is able to land that good of a class in his first year, wow, just wow.  We're going to be in great shape. 

The Boar War

I was late to the Pick up game on Saturday and I don't think I saw Clarke play.  I heard he was there.  How did he look?

HawgAdvocate

September 26, 2007, 11:06:35 am #9 Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:09:28 am by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: kibster on September 26, 2007, 10:43:16 am
Also on the board they are talking like they are going to get Fortson, when they were hoping for Fortson AND Clarke.  It is sounding like we may be getting both.    I would love it, just because KY fans are wanting them.

Check this update today from another Kentucky recruiting guru on Fortson:

http://www.kentuckyink.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=3659.msg46527#msg46527
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hogginitall

Quote from: The Boar War on September 26, 2007, 11:04:06 am
I was late to the Pick up game on Saturday and I don't think I saw Clarke play.  I heard he was there.  How did he look?

Some have said that he was there, but not participating.  They also said he seemed to get along with the coaches and players very well.  Overall, it sounds like he had a very good trip!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Hogstocking on September 26, 2007, 10:59:33 am
a class of:

Terrance Henry
White
Simpson
Ramsy
Fortson
and then throw in Clarke

If Pel is able to land that good of a class in his first year, wow, just wow.  We're going to be in great shape. 

hope we can get Rob Evans to blitz the heck out of Terrance Henry

Things sounded good for Simpson too.

And Clarke

man, we gotta get him. He will represent this university and state as well as anybody ever has.
He can shoot the rock too.

HawgG

a class of:

Terrance Henry
White
Simpson
Ramsy
Fortson
and then throw in Clarke

:-X

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgG on September 26, 2007, 11:12:35 am
a class of:

Terrance Henry
White
Simpson
Ramsy
Fortson
and then throw in Clarke

of course there is no way we can even approach that class because we fired heath.

Im shocked we even got all these good visitors because we fired coach Heath.

PigWig

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 26, 2007, 11:14:46 am
a class of:

Terrance Henry
White
Simpson
Ramsy
Fortson
and then throw in Clarke

of course there is no way we can even approach that class because we fired heath.

This would be one of the number 1 classes in all of basketball. That would be a phenominal way to usher in the Pelphrey era.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: PigWig on September 26, 2007, 11:32:30 am
a class of:

Terrance Henry
White
Simpson
Ramsy
Fortson
and then throw in Clarke

This would be one of the number 1 classes in all of basketball. That would be a phenominal way to usher in the Pelphrey era.

With a brand new coach to get all of these prospects interested, that in itself is a testament to the new staff.

I dont expect to get a class like that but

it would be nice.

HawgG

a class of:

Terrance Henry
White
Simpson
Ramsy
Fortson
and then throw in Clarke

What's up Hollywood, just keeping things in prospective that's all.

I will say this I'm a little surpised at what I read from those that I have a lot of respect for(always will), but whatever kool-aid folks have been drinking I hope I can avoid a little longer.

As for as BB recruiting I think that Ramsey and Simpson are must haves for this staff. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

BTW there is no way they take Clarke, Fortson, and White.Two of the 3 if they can get 'em will be just fine.Need to get a true Big if for nothing else to defend the basket and rebound to be able to get out on the fastbreak.Just my opinions. :)

HawgG

??? ::)

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgG on September 26, 2007, 11:35:56 am
a class of:

Terrance Henry
White
Simpson
Ramsy
Fortson
and then throw in Clarke

What's up Hollywood, just keeping things in prospective that's all.

I will say this I'm a little surpised at what I read from those that I have a lot of respect for(always will), but whatever kool-aid folks have been drinking I hope I can avoid a little longer.

As for as BB recruiting I think that Ramsey and Simpson are must haves for this staff. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

BTW there is no way they take Clarke, Fortson, and White.Two of the 3 if they can get 'em will be just fine.Need to get a true Big if for nothing else to defend the basket and rebound to be able to get out on the fastbreak.Just my opinions. :)

Yeah they're not going to take all three but if they all want to come, why not?

White is 6'6 and we could play him at the three.

And yeah Simpson and Ramsy are must gets because we lose so many bigs after this season.

Terrance Henry would be nice too. Hope Rob Evans can help us out there.

Rotnei Clarke needs to jump on board. He can flat out fill it up and score in the bunches. You just cant teach what that kid has.  Our main competition looks like ORU and OSU.

Im already sick of football, bring on some new hoop hogs!!!!!!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgG on September 26, 2007, 11:39:29 am

I dont think it would be #1 but it would be a great one. Simpson is a three star if im not mistaken

Henry is a four
Clarke is a four
and Forston is a four.
WHite is like a two star

Not saying it will happen but that would be something else.

Even if we get four out of those six, it would be amazing.

Tomhog™

You didn't get me, you little trickster, Stewie.  I knew you'd try something like this!  I'm more excited about Clarke than any other recruit.  He can shoot as good as Al Dillard.  It's been so long since we've had a 3-pt threat like that.

HawgG

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 26, 2007, 11:40:05 am

There's an old saying be careful what you wish for.

Besides FB is not all that bad.

I'm enjoying the Notre Dame season.

Want to see how well Kodie and Ryan do as they are getting to play before most thought they would.

Waiting on Florida and LSU to matchup, probably twice.

UK beating ARK in Fayetteville was shocking, but I like their QB.

Wondering about Fat Phil's job at UT.

I could go on and on, but now if you are sick of the Razorbacks then I do understand.

BTW if my Yankees get beat in the 1st round again and my 49ers don't find an offense then I might be turning my full attention to basketball.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Tomhog™ on September 26, 2007, 11:44:44 am
You didn't get me, you little trickster, Stewie.  I knew you'd try something like this!  I'm more excited about Clarke than any other recruit.  He can shoot as good as Al Dillard.  It's been so long since we've had a 3-pt threat like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9b5k_aOUaA

havent had one like him since Bradley or Pargo

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgG on September 26, 2007, 11:51:14 am
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 26, 2007, 11:40:05 am

There's an old saying be careful what you wish for.

Besides FB is not all that bad.

I'm enjoying the Notre Dame season.

Want to see how well Kodie and Ryan do as they are getting to play before most thought they would.

Waiting on Florida and LSU to matchup, probably twice.

UK beating ARK in Fayetteville was shocking, but I like their QB.

Wondering about Fat Phil's job at UT.

I could go on and on, but now if you are sick of the Razorbacks then I do understand.

BTW if my Yankees get beat in the 1st round again and my 49ers don't find an offense then I might be turning my full attention to basketball.

i meant football as far as hog football goes.

America's team is 3-0 and have a great chance to go 5-0 before playing the best team in the NFL (new england).

Im also rooting hard for Kodi Burns to do great things at Auburn. I still want either Florida or LSU to win the whole thing. Or for that matter anyone besides oklahoma.

All is right with the NFL world.
Dallas, Green Bay, and the 49ers are all pretty good teams this year.

Honestly i havent opened a football thread at all in the last few days. Im absolutley chomping at the bit to see where these basketball recruits sign, especially Rotnei Clarke.

Sounds like we have a pretty good shot at Clarke.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hogginitall on September 26, 2007, 10:54:16 am
What kind of chance do some of the "experts" give the hogs for any of these players?  Clarke, Fortson, Ramsey, Simpson, White, Henry, etc.  (Woo_Pig_Stewie, TomHog) ???  Which ones do you think we have the best shot at getting?  Who do you think will commit next, etc?

Rotnie Clarke - Fantastic shape if he does in fact decides to cancel his remaining visits.

Courtney Fortson - Coach Pel had to work his way into this position.  He enjoyed his time at the Real Deal on the Hill (We had no Head coach at the time) and Coach Pel has presented a great case for Arkansas with his in-home visit.

Keith Ramsey - Is the No. 1 junior college power forward in the nation and I would say it is down to Arkansas & Missouri and the Tigers may have removed themselves out of contention with the recent committ of Laurence Bowers on 9/13/07 but Coach Mike Anderson has been in persuit of Mr. Ramsey since his days at UAB.  From reading previous articles he is not going to wait long to annouce his decision after his visit to Fayetteville.

Stan Simpson - Has also attended the Real Deal on the Hill and He Really enjoyed his visit and I would say that we are in the top 3.  As has been mentioned before he has Family in Little Rock and has spent a great deal of time their.  He is set to visit to instate Illinois the 1st weekend of next month.

Terrence Henry - As Hollywood_Hogan Mentioned this is  Rob Evans recruit due to his relationship with Mr. Henry's  H.S. Coach. He is the type of prospect that can easily avg a tripple double at the college of his choice but is very raw at the moment....sound familier "Michael Washington"

Terrico White - He took a unofficial visit here last month and is back for his official visit.  He reminds me so much of Dwayne Wade height, size, shooting, ball handling, passing skills but will not attack the rim with the same reckless abandon.   

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgG

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 26, 2007, 11:41:34 am
Quote from: HawgG on September 26, 2007, 11:39:29 am

I dont think it would be #1 but it would be a great one. Simpson is a three star if im not mistaken

Henry is a four
Clarke is a four
and Forston is a four.
WHite is like a two star

Not saying it will happen but that would be something else.

Even if we get four out of those six, it would be amazing.

Well depending on the recruiting site guys are either a 3 or 4.I guess most go with whatever has their guy rated the highest.

It would be a nice class, but as I have said many times a coach has to recruit the talent that he thinks can win your conference first.

There are a lot of mighty good recruiting staffs in the SEC and 1 average or bad class will sealed your doom as we saw with the previous staff.(They had a couple)

This league is now top to bottom a vey strong BB conference, my GOD Vandy and Auburn are recruiting good players, kinda shocking with Lebo though.

Now this current staff has a team sent from the BB heavens as they are ready to win BIG with good talent, easy non-conference schedule, and a rebuilding/reloading SEC.

They should have a great good recruiting class based off expectations and available starting spots, will they? We will see because there are no immediate impact players(on paper) listed as a possibilty for Arkansas.That doesn't mean the guys can't reward people with what they are craving for, but I have been burned like this many times over this decade, so for me I will just wait and see.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 26, 2007, 11:58:08 am

Rotnie Clarke - Fantastic shape if he does in fact decides to cancel his remaining visits.

Courtney Fortson - Coach Pel had to work his way into this position.  He enjoyed his time at the Real Deal on the Hill (We had no Head coach at the time) and Coach Pel has presented a great case for Arkansas with his in-home visit.

Keith Ramsey - Is the No. 1 junior college power forward in the nation and I would say it is down to Arkansas & Missouri and the Tigers may have removed themselves out of contention with the recent committ of Laurence Bowers on 9/13/07 but Coach Mike Anderson has been in persuit of Mr. Ramsey since his days at UAB.  From reading previous articles he is not going to wait long to annouce his decision after his visit to Fayetteville.

Stan Simpson - Has also attended the Real Deal on the Hill and He Really enjoyed his visit and I would say that we are in the top 3.  As has been mentioned before he has Family in Little Rock and has spent a great deal of time their.  He is set to visit to instate Illinois the 1st weekend of next month.

Terrence Henry - As Hollywood_Hogan Mentioned this is  Rob Evans recruit due to his relationship with Mr. Henry's  H.S. Coach. He is the type of prospect that can easily avg a tripple double at the college of his choice but is very raw at the moment....sound familier "Michael Washington"

Terrico White - He took a unofficial visit here last month and is back for his official visit.  He reminds me so much of Dwayne Wade height, size, shooting, ball handling, passing skills but will not attack the rim with the same reckless abandon.  

Thanks a lot Woo_Pig_Stewie.  Sounds like we have good shots with all of them.  I know we need bigs, but I would love to have White, Henry, Clarke, and Fortson.  What a backcourt that would be in the years to come.

jhudson84

Arkansas will only take 2 of the 3 between:

Clarke, White, and Fortson.

kibster

Quote from: jhudson84 on September 26, 2007, 01:04:47 pm

If I had my pick it would be Fortson and Clarke.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I dont mind which three we get as long as one of them is named

Rotnei Clarke.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 26, 2007, 01:10:11 pm
I dont mind which three we get as long as one of them is named

Rotnei Clarke.

Id say Fortson out of necessity.  I see Clarke as more of a pat bradley with mad game. Teamed with Fortson Im already having flashbacks of Reid running the break and Bradley trailing and stopping behind the arc 4 THREE!! (SWEET) But back to my topic I think it all starts with PG play and Fortson is the best left on the board.  So IMO he is our main priority not only before Rotnie but before all the recruits.  Id like to hear your take on this Hollywood.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

TRUHOG718

I should have read the whole thread.  You already answered my  question.   ;D

Cant go wrong with either Clarke or Fortson. Im biased though. Since im from Tulsa, I'd rather have Clarke than any of them.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

TN_Realist

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 26, 2007, 11:58:08 am

Missouri and Arkansas is a dead heat for Keith.  I think he will end up being a 4 star JUCO for what its worth. 
I haven't spoken to him since he got back from the visit but I'm sure he enjoyed just hanging out with the players.  Michael Washington and Bev are same type of personality as him, Keith is probably more of the jokester though.

TN_Realist

And for the record on Keith.  They mention him visiting MTSU this next weekend.  That is just because he wants to take a free trip home to see some friends and hang out.  Not because of MTSU. 

Corkscrew Dangler

This is a great transition year for Pel to step in as coach.  Being able to come on the scene with a seasoned class, rather than an empty cupboard, and being able to couple the excitement of a new coach along with that of a successful first year...we will look a program on the rise for the next couple of recruiting classes.   Let's get that snowball rolling!!

The_Bionic_Pig

The other side is if our current committ doesn't get the nod from the NCAA (speaking of Terrence Joyner) they will take all 3!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

1longshot

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 26, 2007, 06:59:01 pm

The other side is if our current committ doesn't get the nod from the NCAA (speaking of Terrence Joyner) they will take all 3!

could be a blessing in the long-run

Buck Brewer

You take White to re-establish footing in Memphis, period!

mbgrulz

Quote from: SherlockHog on September 26, 2007, 10:51:16 pm
You take White to re-establish footing in Memphis, period!
you take white b/c he is 6-5 with a 42 inch vert. and a nice jumper.