Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

went to the pickup game....

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, September 23, 2007, 09:15:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

everybody looks alot leaner ESPECIALLY Darian Townes.

Townes will be a machine this year. But i was most impressed with Michael Washington. He might not be in college but for one or two more seasons.
Bev looked good as usual but we all expect that. Thomas looked solid as usual. But i cant say enough about Michael Washington.

AJ Walton is a MUST MUST MUST GET!!!! He looked like he will be a very good point guard for somebody in college. Hopefully the hogs.
Stan Simpson struggled a little but he was playing against Townes, Hill, Thomas etc etc.

Nate Rakestraw will log some PT because of his ability to fill it up. He was pretty impressive as a spot up shooter. Patsa had a step back three point shot that looked exactly like Peja from the NBA.
Hill had some nice offensive moves as well.

I know its just a pickup game but seing the team out there running and gunning got me that much more excited about basketball again. the football team added to the fire last night as well.

Where was Rotnei Clarke?? did he make it?

batmanfan

Awesome Hollywood.

How did Welsh and Ervin look?

What bout dirty Sanchez and Marcus Britt?

Was Keith Ramsey there?

Were there quite a few people in attendance to watch the guys?

Gonna be a fun year!

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Fatty McGee

Hard to get much out of it.  It was an extremely low key pickup game.  Townes shot well, but his offense has never been in question.  Didn't see anyone who wowed at PG so that will remain a weakness. 

Michael Washington still needs work on defense, there was a nice big man recruit who would be a real catch for next year who spun around him a couple times.  But again, defense was not at a premium in this.  They weren't even keeping score.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

TN_Realist

QuoteMichael Washington still needs work on defense, there was a nice big man recruit who would be a real catch for next year who spun around him a couple times.  But again, defense was not at a premium in this.  They weren't even keeping score.
Was this Keith Ramsey? Was either him or Stan Simpson I would guess
This is him if you need a pic 

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Fatty McGee on September 23, 2007, 12:24:08 pm
Hard to get much out of it.  It was an extremely low key pickup game.  Townes shot well, but his offense has never been in question.  Didn't see anyone who wowed at PG so that will remain a weakness. 

Michael Washington still needs work on defense, there was a nice big man recruit who would be a real catch for next year who spun around him a couple times.  But again, defense was not at a premium in this.  They weren't even keeping score.

true

it was a pretty ragged pickup game but it was great to see the team out there and it looked like they were all in pretty good shape.  Was most surprised by how trim Darian looked.

The_Bionic_Pig

Rotnei and Keith didn't participate in the pickup game...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 23, 2007, 02:17:47 pm

did Clarke make the visit?

Hollywood_HOGan45

COCHISE

September 23, 2007, 04:43:11 pm #9 Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 05:23:05 pm by 870 RZR
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 23, 2007, 04:02:21 pm
Quote from: claytongray on September 23, 2007, 03:26:16 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 23, 2007, 02:29:12 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 23, 2007, 02:17:47 pm

did Clarke make the visit?

Yes.

thanks

got worried after i didnt see him at the pick up.
Rotnei was at the pickup game while I was there, between 2:00-2:45, he just didn't play.  He mostly just stood around watching the game and talking to Rakestraw, who can shoot by the way.  I also spoke to Rotnei before going into the football game, nothing much, just shook his hand and told him I hope he comes, he said "thank you" and seemed to be having a good time.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: TN_Realist on September 23, 2007, 01:01:59 pm
QuoteMichael Washington still needs work on defense, there was a nice big man recruit who would be a real catch for next year who spun around him a couple times.  But again, defense was not at a premium in this.  They weren't even keeping score.
Was this Keith Ramsey? Was either him or Stan Simpson I would guess
This is him if you need a pic 

No, not that guy. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

3kgthog

I'll be giddy as long as they weren't standing around watching the PGs dribble away like JFB's mouth at a strip club.

The_Bionic_Pig

I think Rotnie's still here (Fayetteville) and was the first one to arrive early last Thursday.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 23, 2007, 06:13:02 pm
I think Rotnie's still here (Fayetteville) and was the first one to arrive early last Thursday.

sweet

hope this visit blew Clarke away and maybe we can gain a verbal from Clarke.