Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dennis Johnson update..

Started by COCHISE, September 18, 2007, 10:08:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

COCHISE

had only 11 carries for 59 yds but also returned two punt returns for touchdowns (88 & 58 yds) in Texarkana's win over Little Rock Central Friday night.

Hogginitall

Quote from: 870 RZR on September 18, 2007, 10:08:19 am
had only 11 carries for 59 yds but also returned two punt returns for touchdowns (88 & 58 yds) in Texarkana's win over Little Rock Central Friday night.

That's why I want him to be a Razorback.  He obviously can catch punts and he's a threat to go the distance when he does.

lovemesomedale

Thanks man he must have turned it on after the Warren Scrimmage. i was there and at that scrimmage he didnt even look like a D2 player. Since then he has BLOWN up like he did last year.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: lovemesomedale on September 18, 2007, 10:13:59 am
Thanks man he must have turned it on after the Warren Scrimmage. i was there and at that scrimmage he didnt even look like a D2 player. Since then he has BLOWN up like he did last year.

He did not even have a real o-line in place that night of the scrimmage.  Texarkana was obviously not prepared for that scrimmage and since they have turned it on.  Texarkana will be the 6A state champs again and that is a lock. 

Wu Tang Clan

If you have seen LR Central's defense you would understand why that is not a bad night. 

HedgeDweller

those two punt returns were the points that won them the game, also.
in fact, they were the ONLY points they scored other than the one PAT.

Conway Cool Daddy

Will DJ make his grades or will he have to go the Juco route?

Hawgballz

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on September 18, 2007, 10:58:46 am

He did not even have a real o-line in place that night of the scrimmage.  Texarkana was obviously not prepared for that scrimmage and since they have turned it on.  Texarkana will be the 6A state champs again and that is a lock. 

Texarkana is not a complete team and that is part of the problem for DJ.  He does not have some of the same opportunities that other good RBs around the state have because his OL is not as good as some others.  As far as Texarkana repeating as State Champs, class 6A is down somewhat this year, but I believe Lake Hamilton & Texarkana are the cream of the crop and I would not bet against Phillip Butterfield & Lake Hamilton because I think they may be a more complete team than Texarkana. 
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Jim Harris

It looks like the entire Texarkana team has turned it on since Warren.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

lovemesomedale

Yes I would agree. That night they looked terrible and we were all like how in the world did they win state last year. Also I called in yesterday around 4:45 Drake. you guys had a good show.
Quote from: drakehog on September 18, 2007, 11:51:24 am

It looks like the entire Texarkana team has turned it on since Warren.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on September 18, 2007, 11:03:00 am
Will DJ make his grades or will he have to go the Juco route?

The jury is still out.  If his grades were already in order you would see him getting a lot more attention from all over the place.  I was told during the summer by an individual with the school that he was really making an effort to improve on his school work (that he now realizes that he will have to pick it up in order to go to college), but I have no way at this time to confirm that.  I believe the coaches will be looking closely at his 1st semester of school work this year to try to make a judgement.

razorbackfan86

September 18, 2007, 04:05:08 pm #11 Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 04:08:17 pm by razorbackfan86
Quote from: Hawgballz
link=topic=156281.msg2444271#msg2444271 date=1190133773

Texarkana is not a complete team and that is part of the problem for DJ.  He does not have some of the same opportunities that other good RBs around the state have because his OL is not as good as some others.  As far as Texarkana repeating as State Champs, class 6A is down somewhat this year, but I believe Lake Hamilton & Texarkana are the cream of the crop and I would not bet against Phillip Butterfield & Lake Hamilton because I think they may be a more complete team than Texarkana. 

Texarkana is not a complete team?

What team are you watching?

They're the overall number 1 team in the state now, so how much more "complete" do you need to be?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on September 18, 2007, 04:05:08 pm

They're the overall number 1 team in the state now, so how much more "complete" do you need to be?

they shouldnt be

dasheets12

arkjay19

Maybe he'll be this year's Michael Harris.

dasheets12

IF his grades do pick up, I wonder what other schools will come calling?

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on September 19, 2007, 08:13:02 am

they shouldnt be

I am
Quote from: dasheets12 on September 19, 2007, 10:43:48 am

they shouldnt be

why?
[/quote]

I have the same question.  I don't know why everyone is down on Texarkana over a quater of scrimmages.  I doubt there is another team in the state that could hang with Texarkana, Texas and beat LR Central.  

Hawgballz

I was not trying to offend, I was just offering an unbiased opinion.  I believe that the Texarkana OL does not open enough holes for DJ, even the best RBs need a little room to operate and so far this year he has had to make most of his yards on his own.  Also I believe their pass defense against a true spread offense will prove to be less than stellar, but fortunately for them I don't believe they will be put in that position much this year.  I absolutely believe that Texarkana is 1 of the top 2 teams in class 6A this year, but are they the best team in the state, I doubt it.  The season will tell.