Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Concerning Rotnie Clark (Basketball Recruiting) Thanks Jhudson84!!!

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, September 12, 2007, 07:59:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

click me   Thanks Jhud for the link!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogtropolis™

Interesting that he and Warren had a falling out.  That is the first report I have heard saying that they probably won't go to the same school.  Thanks for the link WPS.

Adam Stokes

"We got into it a little bit because of selfish reasons... If we end up at the same school, it's cool, but it might be better if we go to different schools." - Clarke

Alot of humility of Clarke to partially blame himself, but I wonder what the argument was about. I guess that is good news since we were pretty much out of the running for Willie, so that gives us a better chance with Rotnei.

The_Bionic_Pig

Well guys the short and sweet version is WW is a ball-hog when on the circuit with Team Texas.  Hope that helps  :-X
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawgballz

Looks like OU is shooting to be the 4th school he will commit to.   ;)
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

arklahoman36

Quote from: Hawgballz on September 12, 2007, 08:37:19 pm
Looks like OU is shooting to be the 4th school he will commit to.   ;)

Yea, as an Oklahoma boy, if I could have one it would be Clarke, even if in the end Warren even proved to be a little more talented.
How committed can Warren be to the school he signs with considering his commit/de-commit dance he's done.

mbgrulz

warren gets less desireable every time i read something new about him.

1longshot

Clark is definitely one that i want to see the hogs get in this recruiting effort; provided, the ones evaluating talent on the hill believe they need him in the end.

mbgrulz

Quote from: 1longshot on September 12, 2007, 09:49:02 pm
Clark is definitely one that i want to see the hogs get in this recruiting effort; provided, the ones evaluating talent on the hill believe they need him in the end.
i just dont know if that is going to be the case. where do you play him?

kibster

Quote from: mbgrulz on September 12, 2007, 09:51:51 pm

That is the way I feel about Clarke as well.  He will have to play the two spot, I just fear he is not athletic enough for Pel's system
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

1longshot

I play him anywhere away from the basket past the perimeter in set offense where he has the ball in his hands... that's just me though.

The_Bionic_Pig

September 12, 2007, 10:57:25 pm #11 Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 11:00:35 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
They want Rotnie Clark (can shoot out any zone), Courtney Fortson (can penetrate any zone) and Terrico White.  The coaches are probably going to go use 6 scholies in this class alone.  Add to that Keith Ramsey, Terrance Henry & Stan Simpson.   As I stated in another post Terence Joyner has yet to qualify.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

mbgrulz

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 12, 2007, 10:57:25 pm
They want Rotnie Clark (can shoot out any zone), Courtney Fortson (can penetrate any zone) and Terrico White.  The coaches are probably going to go use 6 scholies in this class alone.  Add to that Keith Ramsey, Terrance Henry & Stan Simpson.   As I stated in another post Terence Joyner has yet to qualify.
if we were to get RC and fortson, it wouldn't be all that bad if joyner had to go his own way. esp. with the possibilities of gulley and walton coming on next year. we should just find another good big if TJ doesn't pan out.

Kilgor

Use him like Florida used Lee Humphrey.  From what I've read, Clark is a gym rat and will be in shape to run in Pel's offense.  The main thing he needs to be able to do is cut, catch, and shoot.  The rest will work itself out.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

hogsmaster

He may not be a 35-minute player, but if he can shoot the BB from anywhere, then he can use him.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

gohawgsgo

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 12, 2007, 10:57:25 pm

Any chance of a committment coming?  Are we recruiting well?  Is White reclassifying for '09 or not?

Hogtropolis™

September 18, 2007, 09:56:40 am #17 Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:55:06 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Kilgor on September 14, 2007, 02:25:52 am

Use him like Florida used Lee Humphrey.  From what I've read, Clark is a gym rat and will be in shape to run in Pel's offense.  The main thing he needs to be able to do is cut, catch, and shoot.  The rest will work itself out.
That's exactly what I was thinking.  He sounds just like Humphrey to me.

The_Bionic_Pig

He has much better handles than Lee Humphrey does and is not just limited to being a  spot up shooter half of his points come off penetration.  Picture Lee Mayberry with Al Dillard range.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

1longshot

back to the real question boys
who's in the dang driver's seat with him

Shizzle

I will be glad when this guy signs with somebody. He gets more air time on this forum than guys we have verbals from.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.