Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New State rankings

Started by Hogstocking, August 29, 2007, 11:53:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogstocking

August 29, 2007, 11:53:52 am Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 02:06:51 pm by Hogstocking
Rivals is finally starting to release updated state rankings.

Devin Thomas is now the #42 ranked player in TX (I believe he was previously #49)

Ugo Okpara wasnt listed on the last texas 100, now he's #59
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1843&Year=2008

Arkansas isn't done yet, but based on rankings in the rivals 100-250 and RR ratings, the new top 5 should look like this:
1.  Curtis #98 on Rivals 100
2.  Wright  #176 on Rivals 250
3.  Adams  #190 on Rivals 250
4.  Hall  #197 on Rivals 250
5.  Cruz - The only 5.7 three star in the state

Also, Winston Guy will be the #1 rated player in Kentucky. 

gohawgsgo

Thanks for the research and effort.  Good info.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Thanks for that, Hogstocking.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

Luke Duke

Well, some continually pointed out that Okpara wasn't in the Texas Top 100. Hopefully that will shut them up.
I remember I caught tons of hell on this board for saying Peterson was faster than McFadden.  That's one reason I was looking forward to the combine.  If McFadden ran a legit 4.28, you bet he'd be there.

-NWASooner

Hogstocking

September 05, 2007, 07:00:18 am #4 Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 07:05:21 am by Hogstocking
Hmmm.  New Arkansas rankings come out today and there a few surprises (to me anyway)...Wright and Adams are rated higher than Hall on the rivals 250, but yet Hall comes in at #2 in the new state rankings.  

1.  De'Anthony Curtis
2.  Matt Hall
3.  Jay Wright
4.  Joe Adams
5.  Cruz Williams
6.  Jim Youngblood
7.  Lavunce Askew
8.  Greg Childs
9.  Tyler Wilson
10. Dennis Johnson

Also, instead of a top 10, theres a top 15

11.  Jake Byrne
12.  Taylor Stockemer
13.  Austin Eoff
14.  Basmine Jones
15.  Chris Gragg

Michael11

Quote from: Hogstocking on September 05, 2007, 07:00:18 am
Hmmm.  New Arkansas rankings come out today and there a few surprises (to me anyway)...Wright and Adams are rated higher than Hall on the rivals 250, but yet Hall comes in at #2 in the new state rankings.  

1.  De'Anthony Curtis
2.  Matt Hall
3.  Jay Wright
4.  Joe Adams
5.  Cruz Williams
6.  Jim Youngblood
7.  Lavunce Askew
8.  Greg Childs
9.  Tyler Wilson
10. Dennis Johnson

Also, instead of a top 10, theres a top 15

11.  Jake Byrne
12.  Taylor Stockemer
13.  Austin Eoff
14.  Basmine Jones
15.  Chris Gragg

Only an opinion but: Basmine jones is a top 5 player in this state! I was much more impressed with him that i was Adams! He is big and physical and very fast.
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

ntubjr

Hogstocking

September 05, 2007, 08:05:42 pm #7 Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 08:26:49 pm by Hogstocking
Arkansas http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1854&Year=2008

And as expected Winston Guy is the #1 rated player in KY.  http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1883&Year=2008

Nice to get a commit from a #1 rated player from another state, it's been a while since Arkansas has done that (Batman Carroll).

imhogwild2

notice how adams rating goes down after the commit to usc while the players commited to arkansas suddenly move up on the list?

if you were at the cac-pa game friday night you saw why joe adams is the top player in the state
Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

Michael11

Quote from: imhogwild2 on September 10, 2007, 04:46:04 pm
notice how adams rating goes down after the commit to usc while the players commited to arkansas suddenly move up on the list?

if you were at the cac-pa game friday night you saw why joe adams is the top player in the state

Joe Adams is very good but I would say the if Jarius Wright got the touches that Adams does you would not be saying Adams was the best.
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

bigguy551122

when thinking about ranking adams everyone needs to remember that he is going to be a DB in college , so if you are watching him this season pay more attention to him the the D side than what he does on the O side
perfection is all i expect.

hog37

I still dont understand how Curtis can be ranked ahead of Johnson.  On pure talent and ability, Johnson has him easy.  Look at their stats, nothing to compare.  Competition, nothing to compare.  Do grades influence rankings?

bigguy551122

Quote from: hog37 on September 10, 2007, 07:01:30 pm
I still dont understand how Curtis can be ranked ahead of Johnson.  On pure talent and ability, Johnson has him easy.  Look at their stats, nothing to compare.  Competition, nothing to compare.  Do grades influence rankings?

have not seen either play so i cant say who is better but grades do play a factor and from what i hear DJ has horrible grades
perfection is all i expect.

regi

Quote from: imhogwild2 on September 10, 2007, 04:46:04 pm

It didn't affect Ziemba and Burns last year? They stayed #1 and #2 and neither committed to Arkansas? Can you explain that? Odus "Grit" Kirk and Trey DON'T rate the recruits for Rivals, that is why they have their own ranking system "Natural 21" or some crap like that. If you are upset with the rankings, contact Jeremy Crabtree and Bobbi Burton, neither live in Arkansas. They just go to games and grade film, with help from former coaches.

Amityvillehogger

September 10, 2007, 07:34:43 pm #14 Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 07:40:33 pm by Amityvillehogger

Sour grapes?

Definately, understand it.  It's not always about stats, my friend.  It's not always about who you play.  Also, Do you really want a student that is failing to represent our state as number one? hmm, those arkansas kids sure are smart.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

ntubjr

Adams got dropped after the Rivals guys saw him at the Florida camp.It fad nothing to do with USC or Kirk That is per Burton .Adams will be a good DB BUT he coukd not start at WR for Warren I was at the first game.Dollarway single coered him He had 3 catches for 39 yards and 6 rushes for 0 yards with 2 fumbles Do noi try to tell me he is the best This is not one of PAs better teams and they did not have alot of speed

jpenrod1

did you see his last game? he would be the best player on the field at Warren.

ntubjr

PA is not Warren We can agree to disagree

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: jpenrod1 on September 10, 2007, 09:58:56 pm

You do know Joe Adams played against Warren last year and he did absolutely nothing at his team got blasted.  The game was not even close and you could not even tell Joe was on the field.  I think Joe Adams will start at USC 2 years from now as a corner but he still has a lot of development left if he wants to be a reciever at the next level.  Joe has not put on a show against any team that has good team speed yet.  Given all that I still think that Joe Adams is a top 3 or 4 player in the state. 

Razorhog2006q

September 11, 2007, 05:48:35 am #19 Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 07:43:00 am by Razorhog2006q
Quote from: jpenrod1 on September 10, 2007, 09:58:56 pm

He did that last year against Pulaski Academy, but was shut down by Warren in the playoffs. Warren has MUCH more team speed than Pulaski Academy. The fastest player on Pulaski Academy's defense runs a 4.7. All Joe had to do to score against Pulaski Academy(which is exactly what he did on just about every passing play) was run a vertical route and use his speed to run away from everyone for the touchdown. He had one touchdown on a hail mary pass and another touchdown from a hail mary pass negated due to a holding penalty.  Speed is his big advantage over most of his competition and if he doesn't have that advantage, then he isn't going to do much. We've seen that with him against Dollarway last week and Warren last year.

Eric Cartman

if he is going to USC to play DB, why not come to Arkansas? i can understand going to USC to be a receiver, but if he is going to be a DB, we put them in the NFL too. Maybe he will change his mind, especially since Dmac and Nutt are going hard after him.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

arkjay19

This class is going to keep filling out and keep getting better and better.

hog37

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on September 10, 2007, 07:34:43 pm

Sour grapes?

Definately, understand it.  It's not always about stats, my friend.  It's not always about who you play.  Also, Do you really want a student that is failing to represent our state as number one? hmm, those arkansas kids sure are smart.

OK.......so it's not about stats, its not about who you play.........whats it about then?   Except for hardcore huggers, most knowledgable football fans would take D Johnson as theri RB if given the choice.   Grapes are actually sweet!

aaron_c

Quote from: hog37 on September 15, 2007, 07:32:10 am
Quote from: Amityvillehogger on September 10, 2007, 07:34:43 pm

Sour grapes?

OK.......so it's not about stats, its not about who you play.........whats it about then?   Except for hardcore huggers, most knowledgable football fans would take D Johnson as theri RB if given the choice.   Grapes are actually sweet!

Even if Johnson is better, would you take him with his grades over Curtis and his grades?  If you did that as the Arkansas coach, hogville would be calling for your head just like what is happening now with HDN, because Johnson would be in junior college.