Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruiting is like fishing

Started by JIHawg, January 20, 2008, 07:05:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

Keep casting the bait, you get some whoppers, some little fish, and some get away.  In the end, we will have some we really wanted, lose some we really wanted, and some others we hope will be keepers.  After watching this for years, my suggestion is to let it play out.  This staff is great, but they can't do what normally takes 12 months in one month.  They will do the best they can, and we will sign 25 players.

I'll bet ole Bobby is a pretty darn good judge of talent too.  This is not a year to have any high expectations as far as class ranking.  That's pissing in the wind.  We'll be fine.

Boarcephus

Well, you need to cull your catch and keep after the big ones.  That was Nutt's problem, not enough keepers and wound up completing his stringer with his bait.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hawgwild child

What happens if u hook them in the eye????

jep_hog_fan

Been fishing before for catfish, bass, crappie and all I caught was gar and drum. I knew for a fact the game fish were there due to previous catches, but never could get one to bite. That's another lesson TCTWF couldn't catch on to.