Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama Recruits

Started by 4razorbacksinky, January 19, 2008, 10:04:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

4razorbacksinky

I have a friend who is a huge Bama fan and is pretty well connected down their. He made the statement that Saban feels he has the best class this year that he has ever had. Saban has also been rumored to say that they can't take all the in-state 4-5 * kids that are considering them. These kids are rumored to be looking heavily at us over Auburn. Anybody with any insight as to who these kids may be? This is the first I have heard of this.  I'm not talking about the kid that has decomitted from Auburn or the 4* tailback. He said these were kids that were Bama recruits who really have no interest in Auburn.

Some may wonder how this could be. I have a cousin that graduated from Auburn and he says he has never seen animosity like he has between Bama and Auburn. He said it is almost a deepseeded hatred. I get the impression it is a harsh insult to be a fan of one and consider going to school at the other.
Fear the Tusks!

nughaud

Never seen this much animosity?  Are you kidding me... Bama or Burn could lose every game each year but if they win against each other that's all that matters.

4razorbacksinky

Quote from: nughaud on January 19, 2008, 10:08:02 pm
Never seen this much animosity?  Are you kidding me... Bama or Burn could lose every game each year but if they win against each other that's all that matters.

I thought that was the extent of it as well. My cousin says it goes much deeper than that. One of his buddies from Auburn has a cousin that went to Bama a year later. They were pretty tight before, they haven't spoken since he enrolled at Bama.

Back to my original reason for this post, I am not trying to stir the pot I just hadn't heard and thought maybe someone with a finger on the pulse of recruiting would know if this is truth and if so, who these kids are. I forgot to mention that the kids are defensive players.
Fear the Tusks!

swinesation

My sister went to Auburn and her husband went to Bama. They are making it OK.

WAN

The only one I know of is Marcel Dareus.

Hawgballz

There are 2 LBers & a DE that are 4*s and currently uncommitted from Alabama, but none of them list any interest in us.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!