Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Significant update on Michael Dyer

Started by swinesation, January 19, 2008, 02:16:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

swinesation

First, I need to admit that I was wrong about nobody from U of A contacting Michael. Apparently, somebody has been talking to him since some time last season (Horton?). I just talked to one of Michael's best friends, who told me that they went to three Hog football games last year. He said Michael was allowed to go down on the sidelines and interact with the players. He said that the Razorbacks definitely have a chance to land Michael. Michael did not like Nutt, so the coaching change is a positive in his recruitement. Still, it remains true that Michael is a big LSU fan, and they are ahead of U of A in their recruitement of Michael. (At this point, most of the major schools have contacted him). The good news is that he will only be a junior next year, and the Hogs are definitely in the picture. Just thought I would correct myself and give you guys the latest.

jgphillips3

That is outstanding news.  Thanks for the update.  A LOT can happen in two years.

PotBelliedPig29

Thanks for the update. I have heard similar info to that over the past few weeks.
"I'm very excited to be the head coach at Ole Miss University'' -HDN

"We are too" -Arkansas

The_Hill

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 19, 2008, 02:21:34 pm
That is outstanding news.  Thanks for the update.  A LOT can happen in two years.
A lot can happen when you have a coach who gives a rat's ass about in-state players...thank god for Bobby P
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

kimjongsqUeAl

So any chance of getting this guy?  Looks like a lost cause because of him being such a huge LSU fan - or so I've heard.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

swinesation

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on January 19, 2008, 06:12:33 pm
So any chance of getting this guy?  Looks like a lost cause because of him being such a huge LSU fan - or so I've heard.

Did you read the post?  ???

AnthroHog

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on January 19, 2008, 06:12:33 pm

Well, if we lose him, I doubt it will be from a lack of trying from our staff to get him.

Here's his bio for those interested.
http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=72082&sport=1

bcshog

Quote from: AnthroHog on January 19, 2008, 06:32:12 pm
Well, if we lose him, I doubt it will be from a lack of trying from our staff to get him.

Here's his bio for those interested.
http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=72082&sport=1
Doesn't look like we have much competition as of right now according to rivals.

mike w

Good Job !!!!     I can tell you are not realated to Ole Nutty, you admit when you are wrong, Thanks for the update.

swinesation

Quote from: bcshog on January 19, 2008, 06:52:37 pm
Doesn't look like we have much competition as of right now according to rivals.

Rivals is wrong. LSU is all over him. He went to their camp last year.

HamShank

How can you be from Little Rock and be an LSU fan?  Ugh.

FBPLAYER65

So he was on the sidelines interacting with the players? That is a NCAA violation.

Vandimar

Well of course we are going to lose the LR recruits when we only have 2 games a year there..

kidding
I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song.

preach33

Great news = things are looking great for the Hogs

swinesation

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on January 19, 2008, 11:23:02 pm
So he was on the sidelines interacting with the players? That is a NCAA violation.

What exactly is the rule?