Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rotnei update.....

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, January 19, 2008, 01:15:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

had 47 points last night and had 7 three point shots.

is there any way we can get him on the team NOW?

COCHISE

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on January 19, 2008, 01:35:02 pm
He plays no one. I doubt he is the answer at PG.
He's not coming here to play PG.

johnfanman

well, its going to be 2 guard...so hope he grows a couple of inches
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

AnthroHog

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on January 19, 2008, 02:04:46 pm
Then what is he going to play? He is too small to shoot over the top of people at the 2 guard.

Teddy Dupay seemed to do okay getting the ball over taller defenders.  He is only 5' 11".  Al Dillard seemed to do fine at getting the ball over taller defenders.  He is only 6' 1".  Chris Lofton seems to be doing very well at Tennessee.  He's only 6' 2".

COCHISE

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on January 19, 2008, 02:04:46 pm
Then what is he going to play? He is too small to shoot over the top of people at the 2 guard.
One can somewhat make up for their short stature by learning to create space and utilize a quick release, Rotnei can do both.  From a defensive standpoint, opposing teams will now have to defend vigorously against the outside shot with Clarke on the court which should open up some opportunities inside, right now we don't have that consistent deep threat.

southeasthog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on January 19, 2008, 01:15:38 pm
had 47 points last night and had 7 three point shots.

is there any way we can get him on the team NOW?
HH, do you have some season stats on Rotnei? I looked at some game stats posted the other day and his 3 point pecentage for that game weren't very good. Do you happen to know what he is shooting for the season? Thanks and thanks for the info.

Hollywood_HOGan45

you have no clue. He is guarded by two and three players every single game.

i guess thats why Gonzaga, Oklahoma, Kentucky, marquette, oklahoma state, arizona state, etc etc wanted him.

yeah he sucks and plays nobody.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: southeasthog on January 19, 2008, 02:43:39 pm
HH, do you have some season stats on Rotnei? I looked at some game stats posted the other day and his 3 point pecentage for that game weren't very good. Do you happen to know what he is shooting for the season? Thanks and thanks for the info.

He's scoring 36 per game and that is pretty dang good considering the entire opposing defense is centered on controlling him by sending 2 and 3 people at him every time down court.

southeasthog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on January 19, 2008, 02:50:14 pm
He's scoring 36 per game and that is pretty dang good considering the entire opposing defense is centered on controlling him by sending 2 and 3 people at him every time down court.
I understand he is scoring at will. I'm not trying to say he can't score. But to be effective here he is going to HAVE to shoot the 3 ball at a better than 35% rate next year. He is obviously a great shooter, I am just wondering what his season stats are.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: southeasthog on January 19, 2008, 02:54:22 pm
I understand he is scoring at will. I'm not trying to say he can't score. But to be effective here he is going to HAVE to shoot the 3 ball at a better than 35% rate next year. He is obviously a great shooter, I am just wondering what his season stats are.
dont worry

he will not be double and triple teamed in college.

He made 94 out of 100 three point shots in front of coach heath.

he not only shoots but makes 500 three point shots per day.

he's considered the best shooter in the 08 class

HawgAdvocate

LOL!! Yeah, AAU ball consists of the same people he plays against in high school. They just change jerseys.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

southeasthog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on January 19, 2008, 02:56:05 pm
dont worry

he will not be double and triple teamed in college.

He made 94 out of 100 three point shots in front of coach heath.

he not only shoots but makes 500 three point shots per day.

he's considered the best shooter in the 08 class
I hope your right. I'm not trying to knock on the kid. I know about the 94 out of 100. I know about the made 500 a day. I also remember Jason Gilbert and Cannon Witby. What was said about Cannon? "When he crosses half court, he in in range." But I also remember the "Hard to guard" one. Pat Bradley. Lets hope Rotnei will be the new hard to guard.

Brownie Tuggle

Quote from: AnthroHog on January 19, 2008, 02:18:27 pm
Teddy Dupay seemed to do okay getting the ball over taller defenders.  He is only 5' 11".  Al Dillard seemed to do fine at getting the ball over taller defenders.  He is only 6' 1".  Chris Lofton seems to be doing very well at Tennessee.  He's only 6' 2".

Pat Bradley had no problem getting off shots! Al Dillard's range was Randy Moss Deep! Clark can flat out shoot! The open jumper is a layup for him.

4razorbacksinky

Quote from: Brownie Tuggle on January 19, 2008, 03:11:24 pm
Pat Bradley had no problem getting off shots! Al Dillard's range was Randy Moss Deep! Clark can flat out shoot! The open jumper is a layup for him.

I think the quote from Nolan on AD went "If he's in the state of Arkansas he is in range."
Fear the Tusks!

Modsquad24

the thing thats most important is with Clarke and Fortson we are adding to talented guards that are good at putting the ball in the basket something that has been lacking of late.

cosmodrum

Quote from: 4razorbacksinky on January 19, 2008, 03:35:46 pm
I think the quote from Nolan on AD went "If he's in the state of Arkansas he is in range."

"Dillard from the snout!"
Go away, batin'

Table Rocker

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 19, 2008, 03:40:16 pm
FBPLAYER65 never has anything positive to say about anyone.  Don't let him bug you.

Thanks for the updates HH

he ought to stick to football, he obviously doesn't know sh*t about basketball or how to judge talent.

The Realist

Anyone who thinks Rotnei wont be successful at the next level just needs to look to Clemson and Terrance Oglesby.  Exact same type of player.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

opineonswine

Sometimes I wonder about the intellectual capacity of some people.  Rotnei Clarke is a HUMONGOUS get for Arkansas.  He shoots better than any player we have ever had. 

VenturaHog

FBPLAYER65 never has anything positive to say about anyone.  Don't let him bug you.

That guy has to be a fake poster, there is no way someone can be that negative and uninformed every single time he posts. He is the anti BigDeal.

Oklahawg

Clarke plays on a team that does not have a single (other) player who will suit up after high school. Not even a private school at the D3 or NAIA level. So it appears, anyway.

The defense is man on Clarke a shadow on Clarke, and the other 3 wait to guard Clarke when he gets loose from the first two.

Second leading scorer in OK (behind Okie State signee, Keiton Page...all 5-9 of him, at a school one class smaller than Verdigris, fwiw) with 36+ a game.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

tophawg19

opine , i have a lot of respect for you but man that comment is taking in a lot of ground , dilliard, mayberry , thurman , whitby, we have had some of the best pure shooters in b-ball history . i think bradley still holds the 3 pt record.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Blutoblutarsky

he doesnt have to shot over anyone because hes gonna be throwin it up from the hog nose Dillard style!!!

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on January 19, 2008, 08:18:17 pm
he doesnt have to shot over anyone because hes gonna be throwin it up from the hog nose Dillard style!!!

+1!
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

FBPLAYER65

Good lord. Can you say delusional? I guess you people will still be claiming Pelphrey is the second coming even when we don't make the tourney.

3kgthog

If you want to worry about something then worry about his defense. That's precisely why Rakestraw isn't playing.

FBPLAYER65

Rakestraw isn't playing because he isn't a D-1 athlete.

Brownie Tuggle

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on January 19, 2008, 10:27:53 pm
Rakestraw isn't playing because he isn't a D-1 athlete.

Do us all a favor FBP65. Step in front of a bus!!!!!!!!!!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Clarke had 47 points once again last night

Boarcephus

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 19, 2008, 09:56:52 pm
If you want to worry about something then worry about his defense. That's precisely why Rakestraw isn't playing.

Then why was he recruited?  When it's said a player can't play defense it's generally means he's too slow.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

COCHISE

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 20, 2008, 11:06:02 am
Then why was he recruited?  When it's said a player can't play defense it's generally means he's too slow.
The same reason we accepted Gary Ervin's transfer from Miss. St., bad coaching move.

pfrg999

That is correct I have seen the boy play and I have to say ... I don't care who the competition is... he will get his points
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

cosmodrum

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on January 19, 2008, 08:51:20 pm
Good lord. Can you say delusional? I guess you people will still be claiming Pelphrey is the second coming even when we don't make the tourney.

This team is not that good, we'd be lucky to make the tourney.

Why should we expect a team that does not fit the 1ST YEAR coach's style to make the tourney? It's a bonus if we do. Now, if he doesn't produce with HIS players, then I will have a problem with Pelphrey.
Go away, batin'

spahoopsfan

Some people act like if he is a white guy under 6' he can't play defense.  Our guards now, with the only expection of Britt can not play defense.  Plus they aren't good shooters.  Plus how tall is ervin, welsh, bev, and Britt?  None can create their own shot.  So why the doubt?  It is sad that we equate quickness and the ability to play defense to a black player and slowness, can't jump, and lack of defense to a white guy.  Rotnei is a basketball player just like the kid from South Carolina the other night.  With Fortson, Rotnei, and Bev plus Payne we will have a very good backcourt.  This will be a much better team next year because great guards and a strong rebounder like Sanchez is better than three or four 6'10 guys and a poor back court. I don't think its Rakestraw defense that is keeping him off the court.  He doesn't have any confidence in his shot.  he has not made a three pointer all year.  Rakestraw and Pots play the same position that Bev and Weems play, so those are the biggest two reasons.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: spahoopsfan on January 20, 2008, 02:40:58 pm
Some people act like if he is a white guy under 6' he can't play defense.  Our guards now, with the only expection of Britt can not play defense.  Plus they aren't good shooters.  Plus how tall is ervin, welsh, bev, and Britt?  None can create their own shot.  So why the doubt?  It is sad that we equate quickness and the ability to play defense to a black player and slowness, can't jump, and lack of defense to a white guy.  Rotnei is a basketball player just like the kid from South Carolina the other night.  With Fortson, Rotnei, and Bev plus Payne we will have a very good backcourt.  This will be a much better team next year because great guards and a strong rebounder like Sanchez is better than three or four 6'10 guys and a poor back court. I don't think its Rakestraw defense that is keeping him off the court.  He doesn't have any confidence in his shot.  he has not made a three pointer all year.  Rakestraw and Pots play the same position that Bev and Weems play, so those are the biggest two reasons.

I agree other than the Sanchez thing. He's a "tweener" and he has yet to hit a shot even in warmups. He's the team's number 1 cheerleader though.
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

yraciv

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on January 20, 2008, 02:48:32 pm
I agree other than the Sanchez thing. He's a "tweener" and he has yet to hit a shot even in warmups. He's the team's number 1 cheerleader though.

I saw him hit 4 threes in a row at the game this week!

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: yraciv on January 20, 2008, 02:51:43 pm
I saw him hit 4 threes in a row at the game this week!

sweet! I'm no D-I athlete but I know for a fact that I can hit way more than 4 in a row. Sanchez is a joke. Clarke is the real deal.

spahoopsfan

[/
I think Sanchez will do a good job at hitting the boards.  I know he his 6' 10 or taller but he will do a good jobs rebounds.  Primarily because I think he was the desire to do so.  Even his attitude on the side lines indecants to me that he his a high energy type guy that will do whatever it takes to help his team.  I never meant to imply that he was going to hit three pointers.  His offense will come off his hustle.  I believe he will develop into a better player than Thomas.  The present team has a low basketball IQ.  I believe players like Fortson, Clarke, and Sanchez will be better.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: spahoopsfan on January 20, 2008, 05:10:58 pm
[/
I think Sanchez will do a good job at hitting the boards.  I know he his 6' 10 or taller but he will do a good jobs rebounds.  Primarily because I think he was the desire to do so.  Even his attitude on the side lines indecants to me that he his a high energy type guy that will do whatever it takes to help his team.  I never meant to imply that he was going to hit three pointers.  His offense will come off his hustle.  I believe he will develop into a better player than Thomas.  The present team has a low basketball IQ.  I believe players like Fortson, Clarke, and Sanchez will be better.

Townes is a career 1000 point scorer! No way Sanchez will be better than townes, despite Townes inconsistency.

yraciv

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on January 20, 2008, 02:54:11 pm
sweet! I'm no D-I athlete but I know for a fact that I can hit way more than 4 in a row. Sanchez is a joke. Clarke is the real deal.

I know it's warm up's, but I've watched him recently in warm up's b/ I've always known him to rarely shoot the 3.  Sanchez and Clarke are completely different players, and I wasn't comparing them at all.  Clarke will be a great player for the Hogs, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez ends up being the best of our FR.  You are quick to judge him, if you haven't seen him play much.  I agree though that he will never be as good as Townes.

spahoopsfan

I think of Sanchez as taking Thomas' spot not so much Townes.  I like townes and he has played very well this year, however he has only played hard one year.  He has the skills but he has not done as well has he could have.  He had the ability to get rebounds and block shots as well as having moves down low.  He hasn't done a good job at passes out of the double team either.  I just believe the team next year will be a better overall team than this year because of the guards, the basketball IQ, and desire.