Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many scholarships do we have left to offer?

Started by Hogg_Phan, January 19, 2008, 08:34:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogg_Phan

With the recruits coming in the next 3 wknds and signing day the 6th, I was wondering how many scholarships we have to hand out and if we are going to start having to pick which athletes get them and which ones don't. Also, do redshirts take up scholarships or do they only count when they actually play?
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

Oklahawg

We can offer as many as we like. We can only have 25 of those that sign show up eligible for the fall semester. I bet we sign 28-29. If we sign Shuler he's one who will also sign with a JUCO and not be here in the fall. Academics will hurt a couple of our players, if its like it usually is.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jim hog

Recruits, come on over and be a part of a rapidly rising program.

oldfart

Redshirts count against the 85 total limit.  you are allowed to have 25 ENTER the program, most teams usually sign more anticipating academic casualties.  Usually works out, sometimes you oversign and have to do some fudging (Zak Clark, the kid from Russellville forget his name) where you get some to greyshirt