Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Recruit news

Started by sewaneehog, January 18, 2008, 07:18:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sewaneehog

My roommate's dad is pretty involved at Auburn and he said that their top recruit is wavering on them and is looking at Arkansas and Tennessee. He's the #1 prep school player in the nation, a 5* running back named Enrique Davis. I checked out the main rivals page (I don't subscribe...who has the money for that) and it's one of their top stories, but I couldn't see who he's looking at now. Anyone heard anything about this?!?

Hawgballz

Quote from: sewaneehog on January 18, 2008, 07:18:13 pm
My roommate's dad is pretty involved at Auburn and he said that their top recruit is wavering on them and is looking at Arkansas and Tennessee. He's the #1 prep school player in the nation, a 5* running back named Enrique Davis. I checked out the main rivals page (I don't subscribe...who has the money for that) and it's one of their top stories, but I couldn't see who he's looking at now. Anyone heard anything about this?!?

He has already decommitted from Auburn and is on an official visit to Ole Miss this weekend & Tennessee next weekend.  He still has 2 official visits left if he wants to take them, maybe we can get him to come in on the 2/1 weekend.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

TX HOG

Yes, we NEED to get a visit with this kid.  He's visiting Ole Miss?  Dang. 

RazorDADDY

(July 27, 2008) I can\'t wait to see my child!!

Torqued pork

I read that he's not too crazy about Auburn's new offense.(too much passing and too little running)

I will  :puke: if Nutt lucks into Davis.

LAHOGG

Quote from: sewaneehog on January 18, 2008, 07:18:13 pm

I hope your right.  Imagine if we stole Davis and C. Henderson from Tubb.

Zen_Hog

Nutt is going to sell the offense to Davis and get him.

LAHOGG

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on January 18, 2008, 08:08:00 pm

Ole Miss say hello to RUN RUN PASS.

LAHOGG

Since he's a Prep player does anybody know how many years he would get to play?

Zen_Hog

Quote from: LAHOGG on January 18, 2008, 08:11:12 pm
Since he's a Prep player does anybody know how many years he would get to play?

I'm guessing he has at least 3 years since he's part of the 07 class.

sewaneehog

I think he gets four years but can't redshirt (unless he gets hurt)

Wingo Hog

Quote from: sewaneehog on January 18, 2008, 08:17:54 pm
I think he gets four years but can't redshirt (unless he gets hurt)
Correct. Players coming from prep schools get 4 years. No reshirt year. Freddie Fairchild was a prep schooler. just an example.

Coach Obvious

Probably so. His offense is very attractive to RB's wanting numbers. Not very good for championships though, or balance. No National Championships in the future for Ole Miss, I don't think.

JIHawg

Ole Ms or Tn will get him.  We have three good RB's on the radar.  Dean is every bit as good as he is.

jim hog

The real Hogules

I read the Scout story and it talks about Ole Miss, Tennessee, Florida State, & Maryland.

I saw no mention of Arkansas or Bobby Petrino anywhere.

Additionally, Davis is rated a four star TB (the same as A.Dean) and decommitted from Auburn due to the "spread offense" that AU will utilize starting this Fall.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

PigPusher

Does not look like we are written on his clipboard as even a thought.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

chuckrollz

i do subscribe to rivals, and ole miss, florida state, and tennesse are his top 3 choices and where he will take his final 3 visits

Oliver

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Hire Kiffin on January 18, 2008, 08:23:07 pm
Correct. Players coming from prep schools get 4 years. No reshirt year. Freddie Fairchild was a prep schooler. just an example.

that doesn't make sense that prep schoolers can't redshirt.  fairchild was a redshirt sophomore this year because of a knee injury last year
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

kclvr

He is good.  The number 3 ranked prep player, #1 is Benton a Wide out who is in Baton Rouge and in school.  # 2 is a wide out BD got at NC. Only 3 - 5 stars in prep school this year. They get 4 years to play.

PorkSoda

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on January 18, 2008, 09:06:53 pm
that doesn't make sense that prep schoolers can't redshirt.  fairchild was a redshirt sophomore this year because of a knee injury last year
Medical RS?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Didn't Crowell RS last year.  He was from Prep school.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

nextlevel

Quote from: LAHOGG on January 18, 2008, 08:10:08 pm
Ole Miss say hello to RUN RUN PASS Time Out, Smoke Draw.

Fixed that for you.  :P
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Wingo Hog

Yes a medical redshirt. what im saying is you cant come in and redshirt because your not phsycially ready to play.

AnthroHog

I wonder if we could reel him in along with Curtis, Dean and Johnson?  Anyone heard anything else on him looking at Arkansas besides sewaneehog?

Here's his profile for those interested.
http://auburn.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=71525

HogFaninMemphis

Didn't Fairchild get a medical redshirt though?
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

tendu

jep_hog_fan

Key word....injury

VenturaHog

I know theres probably no truth to this rumor but it would be sweet.

blu

Pretty sure you still have 5 years to play 4 after you get out of prep school. A player has the same eligibility coming out of prep as they do HS.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

go hogues

How many RB recruits does Ole Miss have now??
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

While many of us are worrying about the best WR's, QB's and RB's and wanting every 4 and 5 star of each nationwide, someone, somewhere needs to hustle up a lineman or 2 for both sides of the ball, along with 2 or 3 great CB's.  Unless we plan to win most games 65-64, we are setting up the team to look much like Tulsa did this past year.  I believe we have committed or onsite, 11 WR's, 6 QB's, and at least 5 RB's.  We do not have a shut down CB, a big time DL, DE, or LB.  I certainly hope we are able to fill in the defense in the next 2 weeks.  Two or 3 OL folks would be very nice too.  Does anyone know how many players we lost off last years starting 22 other than D-mac and Felix.  We will almost totally be dependent on current or redshirt linemen on both sides of the ball.

jasonf

5 to play 4 - prep schools = 13th grade.

idiotghos

Quote from: nextlevel on January 18, 2008, 10:34:21 pm
Ole Miss say hello to RUN RUN Time Out, Smoke Draw.

Fixed that for you.   :P

Add in 25-yard shank by the walk-on punter and we're good.

Kevin Bacon

HgH

dale couldnt sell ass in prison

CMD

Quote from: LAHOGG on January 18, 2008, 08:10:08 pm
Ole Miss say hello to Draw, Draw, Incomplete Throw, punt

Now it is fixed

The Coletrain

Quote from: HgH on January 20, 2008, 10:17:10 am
dale couldnt sell ass in prison

Davis was interviewed by Rivals and said his weekend visit with Ole Miss was a perfect 10.  What I want to know is where was this relentless recruiting effort while he was working in his, "Dream Job," for the past 10 years?? 

http://olemiss.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=&script=content.asp&cid=763912&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

JShipCPA

Quote from: idiotghos on January 20, 2008, 01:10:57 am
Add in 25-yard shank by the walk-on punter and we're good.

Don't forget the fumble every other series...

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: The Coletrain on January 20, 2008, 01:46:29 pm
Davis was interviewed by Rivals and said his weekend visit with Ole Miss was a perfect 10.  What I want to know is where was this relentless recruiting effort while he was working in his, "Dream Job," for the past 10 years?? 

http://olemiss.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=&script=content.asp&cid=763912&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

He lacked a huge incentive called "Revenge"!
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

The Realist

Davis is still going to visit Tennessee and Oregon.  Both of those schools can beat Ole Miss. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Porkerpower

Quote from: The Coletrain on January 20, 2008, 01:46:29 pm

Remember Nutt only responds when he feels the crack of the whip.  It takes extreme circumstances to get Nutts attention and light a fire under his azz.

The motivation of rubbing it in Arkansas fans faces, and the newness of his new gig, is currently motivating Nutt.

Don't worry, the new will wear off very soon, then Nutt will revert back to the same ole Nutt we all grew to despise. 

Ole Miss's problem now.

NEA Boss Hog

Quote from: RazorTusk14 on January 18, 2008, 08:25:42 pm
Probably so. His offense is very attractive to RB's wanting numbers. Not very good for championships though, or balance. No National Championships in the future for Ole Miss, I don't think.

NEA Boss Hog

Chris Baker went to prep school and he had a redshirt year at Arkansas, so they have 4 years of eligibility and they can redshirt.